Page 37 of 138 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    BB went off at length last year about not playing a number 10. It was his big reason why Poz didn’t fit his team.
    Funny, it doesn’t seem to hold back a lot the teams who took us to the cleaners this season.

I appreciate it isn’t exactly the “in” concept in world football right now and 4-3-3 is all the rage but I think the bigger factor in MLS (or any team) is how to get the most out of your players, regardless of whether the resulting formation is trendy or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    BB went off at length last year about not playing a number 10. It was his big reason why Poz didn’t fit his team.
    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Funny, it doesn’t seem to hold back a lot the teams who took us to the cleaners this season. I appreciate it isn’t exactly the “in” concept in world football right now and 4-3-3 is all the rage but I think the bigger factor in MLS (or any team) is how to get the most out of your players, regardless of whether the resulting formation is trendy or not.
    Yeah! And how has that been going? What do people say? Beggars can't be choosers! Perhaps, adapt or die? Besides, just squint for a bit... it's a 4-3-3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Yeah! And how has that been going? What do people say? Beggars can't be choosers! Perhaps, adapt or die? Besides, just squint for a bit... it's a 4-3-3.
    We've actually played that as a formation at least twice this year already, with either Servania or Fede in the middle position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We've actually played that as a formation at least twice this year already, with either Servania or Fede in the middle position.
    Then I suggest TFC gives Insigne a go! Third time being the charm; or the strike-out? Fede has more/the historical experience at the position. However, I think Insigne would be the more inherently interesting candidate if he embraces it. Though I appreciate each of the Italian's skill set, IMHO, Insigne would be creatively more adept at it; particularly when under pressure. For instance, the quick single or two touch pass or given that his centre of gravity is lower... for at least an expected first dribble around/deke of the opponent. Regardless, one way or another, this match will be telling. If anything, DCU's progress out of dumpster fire contention should offer TFC some hope.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-26-2023 at 04:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suppose this post could be placed in several of this Forum's Threads. Perhaps most relevant to the roster? Really great read on the injury prone why of Lower Body FC...

https://wakingthered.com/2023/05/13/...many-injuries/

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-26-2023 at 04:40 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that last week - I've be waiting for Tej to weigh in on this.

Not certain of comparing to a Euro team though - the travel is so different. Would like to see a comparison to other MLS clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope someone from the community didn't already post a reference to the article and I missed it. Do not remember it being highlighted; I am forgetful at times, trying not to be repetitive. Thought the read was interesting; informative. Agree with your very astute point; each Euro-leagues travel distance situation as a baseline affects any comparison. Oddly and concur, do not believe having recently come across a public/published inter-MLS clubs comparison; surprising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The latest Footie Prime podcast is sort of a must listen.

Former TFC front office staffer Corey Wray, who worked his way up from being TFC's first intern to being assistant GM under Bez in Columbus, talks about how they signed various players.

One thing he noted was that with Giovinco, they were determined not to make the same mistake of "wining and dining" and overselling it, as they did with Defoe. Defoe didn't really understand what he was coming into.

With Giovinco, they were really sober about it. Bez went over to Italy, took him to dinner, sold it as a tough project.

Now, it seems to me that with Insigne, at least, they reverted to the Defoe methodology. And perhaps expectations are at least part of where we are, with them not being warned how difficult it could be, how different.

He also noted they were working off a big list of desirable players, and everyone was involved in the office, not just one or two people.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who does Belotti get along better with LI or Bernie.??? Release the other, buy out Diomande

and I hear there is this guy name Jr. Hoillet that would love to be back in town.. contract expires Jun 30, 2023

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the club are very soon going to have to make a decision between the italians and bob.

i will say that clubs that allow players to make decisions like this are very rarely successful, but at this point i bet insigne or bernardeschi could do a better job running the club than manning, so i dunno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    so the club are very soon going to have to make a decision between the italians and bob.

i will say that clubs that allow players to make decisions like this are very rarely successful, but at this point i bet insigne or bernardeschi could do a better job running the club than manning, so i dunno.
    Both parties are entrenched so which one causes less pain if they disappear? Looks to me like it’s Bob every day of the week. But admittedly, neither is straightforward.

I suspect if Bob disappears MB is quietly bought out in the off-season as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both parties are entrenched so which one causes less pain if they disappear? Looks to me like it’s Bob every day of the week. But admittedly, neither is straightforward.

I suspect if Bob disappears MB is quietly bought out in the off-season as well.
    MLSE will choose the most cost effective solution I think. Manning and Bob get sacked.

Nobody is taking on the contracts given to Bern and Insigne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    MLSE will choose the most cost effective solution I think. Manning and Bob get sacked.

I wouldn’t mind seeing it. As hard as it is to picture right now, if these guys turned it around it would be a great story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn’t mind seeing it. As hard as it is to picture right now, if these guys turned it around it would be a great story.
    I can't see this happening. The whole thing is about to implode. There seem to be at least two sides to this, those that support Bradley and those that don't. If Bradley's out regardless of thew new manager this is a roster that does not have any chemistry or cohesion. I can see MLSE telling whomever is hired (assuming they also fire Manning) to do whatever they can to clean our the contracts. Even if they don't that is a real issue that will need to be dealt with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Who does Belotti get along better with LI or Bernie.??? Release the other, buy out Diomande

and I hear there is this guy name Jr. Hoillet that would love to be back in town.. contract expires Jun 30, 2023
    No more Italians & no more Canadians with any sort of pedigree. Canuck youth, American MLS lifers, and guys from countries where nobody can name 3 football teams without using the internet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    No more Italians & no more Canadians with any sort of pedigree. Canuck youth, American MLS lifers, and guys from countries where nobody can name 3 football teams without using the internet.
    I liked the vibe around this team when Poz played here. Nobody knew who he was until he was linked with the club. It didn’t attract so many bandwagon types but the club has a real community feel to it.

Our leadership should trust that people here just like football and don’t need to be pandered to. Just fucking find guys and a manager that can win and treat the fans with some respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it insane that after playing just 11 games last year Insigne would ask for Bob to get the sack or he walks.

Just let that sink in for a moment, a guy who was just given a $60MCAD+ contract asking for their manager to get the sack after a few months.

How awful do you have to be? That's like Ronaldo level ego. He fights with Berna, wants Bob out, after like 4-5 months into the deal? Holy smokes.

At least with Defoe we got a season before wanting to go back home, and the only major team issue was the free kick kerfuffle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it insane that after playing just 11 games last year Insigne would ask for Bob to get the sack or he walks.

Just let that sink in for a moment, a guy who was just given a $60MCAD+ contract asking for their manager to get the sack after a few months.

How awful do you have to be? That's like Ronaldo level ego. He fights with Berna, wants Bob out, after like 4-5 months into the deal? Holy smokes.

At least with Defoe we got a season before wanting to go back home, and the only major team issue was the free kick kerfuffle.
    Then why in the world did BM sign him in the first place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    Then why in the world did BM sign him in the first place?
    He must have went to the Paul Mariner school of scouting, watched some Youtube clips, checked his rating in FIFA, then went and got his agent info from Transfermarkt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    at this point i bet insigne or bernardeschi could do a better job running the club than manning, so i dunno.
    For sure!

Or better yet, a quartet of interim headcoaches, with equal powers:
    Hedges (responsible only for the coaching of the defense), MB (responsible only for the coaching of the midfield play) and the 2 DP Italians (responsible only for the attacking phases of the play), lol...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be the logical decision, happening in 98% in the world's professional footy clubs.
    But we should never forget that this is MLSE plus this is MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I can't see this happening. The whole thing is about to implode. There seem to be at least two sides to this, those that support Bradley and those that don't. If Bradley's out regardless of thew new manager this is a roster that does not have any chemistry or cohesion. I can see MLSE telling whomever is hired (assuming they also fire Manning) to do whatever they can to clean our the contracts. Even if they don't that is a real issue that will need to be dealt with.
    I really hope that this isn't the scenario which will play out, because then besides this season being a wash, the 2024 season would be a wash too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the "Real Salt Lake" of the Great White North then, lol...

guys from countries where nobody can name 3 football teams without using the internet.
    This part would be extremely easy, just make 50% of the team composed of players from Central America (beginning at the first country south of Mexico to Panama icluding) and Caribbean countries.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-27-2023 at 04:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He must have went to the Paul Mariner school of scouting, watched some Youtube clips, checked his rating in FIFA, then went and got his agent info from Transfermarkt.
    Probably you are right.
    I am sure at least 10 people who are forum members here would do a better job than Bill, for a lot less money.
    What the heck... , give me the job, and I can do it better just for USD 90,000 per year.
    (Except those press conferences, but just because English is only my 3rd language.)

PS:
    Paul Mariner is smiling somewhere...
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-27-2023 at 04:17 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just stirring things up, I don’t want Belotti, I want someone who wants to be here, he made it clear he didn’t . I did want Jr. for that reason.

The thing we forget about MB, Jozy and Gio was that they were all playing with a chip on their shoulders. You have to wonder about LI, Napoli winning without him, now being the highest paid player. It’s going to test his pedigree… he either rises up or disappears but with his contract where can he go …

This doesn’t solve BB playing a system not designed for the type of players he has acquired, don’t see this ending well for players or coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U&P, FWIW, you may get your ask...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC/MLS/Apple seems to have already moved on from the Italians! Match-day social media now featuring stalwart American CJ SApong and Canadian prospect JMR whom was recently suspended for being part of a brawl; BBradley & Sons fingerprints all over this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicola Schira makes stuff up. That's been widely confirmed. He's not a reliable source at all

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fake news journalist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy blatantly makes things up and has no sources. Don’t post his crap.