Page 36 of 138 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Still not sure how we're on the hook for any wages since his deal should have ended unless Curtis dumped a ton of options on him.
    Rumour at the time was we exercised a club option

Which is so staggering stupid even for our standards that if true, alone, should be a fireable offence

Wonder if we reached a deal to spread the payment over a longer period? Could explain why it's half the wages, and would be a much more reasonable explanation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    If I was Richie, I'd be looking at the TFC dumpster fire and take any opportunity to GTFO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we trade BB for Vanney ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would probably benefit both clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Can we trade BB for Vanney ?
    I’d go for it. I shudder to think of who Manning might hire otherwise. Vanney would finally get his wingers. And be put out of his misery of insisting on playing Chicharito alone up front.

Edit: Also, maybe he brings Puig with him..,.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 05-21-2023 at 02:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Would probably benefit both clubs.

Alessandro Nesta new coach ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also was just about to suggest this. IIUC, he is available; maybe in an interim role? Vieira like percentages with worse teams; with NAmerican experience.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Doyle dropped his name on Twitter but it is Doyle though. I usually don't put much into anything he says.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I believe there was... The Italians... from the Emmanuel Reynoso situation at Minnesota... Reynoso missed the first 12 games of the season, apologized for doing so... and is back on the team...
    The post by jloome is from another thread/topic. He mentions Emmanuel Reynoso; an individual that does carry some baggage. However, IIRC, was a leader in the MLS 'creators' category last year or previous year? Better than VV? MAXTAM? Still, would he realistically be the sort of candidate that could easily offer a link with the TFC attack?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The post by jloome is from another thread/topic. He mentions Emmanuel Reynoso; an individual that does carry some baggage. However, IIRC, was a leader in the MLS 'creators' category last year or previous year? Better than VV? MAXTAM? Still, would he realistically be the sort of candidate that could easily offer a link with the TFC attack?
    Very expensive. Minnesota would want millions for him or equivalent, if they even wanted to move him. He's a $6-10M transfer player easily, in terms of overseas.

And they just don't have the cap space for another DP. They might have to use the slot to keep Richie low enough on the cap. If they sign him to a new deal in the second half, the DP hit is only $306,000 against the cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mistake. Yes expensive. For some reason believed he was got by TheSota for a million or two and not the five and change. My thought was with his issue/s maybe a reasonable deal could be had? A Poz like would still be way cheaper/manageable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have apparently sent scouts to the U20 world Cup

https://twitter.com/scoutsattending/...n61ZYUIrg&s=19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

Good to read. We do currently have two u-22 spots left to use if Oso continues to be our 3rd DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

That’s good to hear. I may be wrong but I’ve had the idea that over the time of the club we haven’t been paying much attention to these sort of things before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    That’s good to hear. I may be wrong but I’ve had the idea that over the time of the club we haven’t been paying much attention to these sort of things before.
    My little bird TFC says fixing scouting is currently a priority. On investigation, Manning found that they were only scouting pre-recommended players. Basically Dodd used his contact network for pretty much everyone TFC considered, and never attempted to seek out targets based on similar league strength, existing stats etc

Apparently Jason Hernandez has now taken over and i got the impression will be cutting a far wider swath for talent.
    Last edited by jloome; 05-24-2023 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My little bird TFC says fixing scouting is currently a priority. On investigation, Manning found that they were only scouting pre-recommended players. Basically he used his contact network for pretty much everyone TFC considered, and never attempted to seek out targets based on similar league strength, existing stats etc

Apparently Jason Hernandez has now taken over and i got the impression will be cutting a far wider swath for talent.
    That should help in time and if they find good scouts. The days of relying on the the league to do the scouting (always rudimentary) is long gone. To be a legit club you need a legit scouting network. The news that LAG didn’t have a scouting dept at all when Vanney arrived tells a lot about the prior MLS franchising model.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 05-24-2023 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need to be careful in framing this scouting problem correctly. Because everyone does it by “relying on who they know”. The question is, who is doing it?

News flash: in MLS, its often the manager.

When Vanney was here, we signed Delgado from Chivas. More interesting, in internationals, it was what? 6 French players? (Zero French players since he left, despite a wave of them coming into the league.)

Ryan Nelsen signed a bunch of guys he knew in England -Bostock, Bradley Orr…

When Aron Winter was here… it was Soolsma and Martina.

But suddenly under Bradley- its all about Jack Dodd?

This is a point both about Bradley and Manning. If we didn’t have anyone with networks beyond Jack Dodd, that is 100% on both of them. That is a job Bradley was supposedly working on before he got here!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Need to be careful in framing this scouting problem correctly. Because everyone does it by “relying on who they know”. The question is, who is doing it?

When Vanney was here, we signed Delgado from Chivas. More interesting, in internationals, it was what? 6 French players? (Zero French players since he left, despite a wave of them coming into the league.)

This is a point both about Bradley and Manning. If we didn’t have anyone with networks beyond Jack Dodd, that is 100% on both of them.
    Oh yeah, way too much leeway in every department. It's probably as simple as Dodd becoming redundant, because his contacts were no better than Bradley's. And since their actual network is clearly minimal, or minimally engaged if he only took familiar recommendations and didn't hunt specific targets, it probably made sense for a sideways-up move, a la Ali Curtis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaff makes 10 players deserving more hype list for 2023:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/burki...erve-more-hype

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bob gets fired, we need to identify whoever it is in Philadelphia that found guys like Wagner, Martinez and Glesnes and give them an interview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    That should help in time and if they find good scouts. The days of relying on the the league to do the scouting (always rudimentary) is long gone. To be a legit club you need a legit scouting network. The news that LAG didn’t have a scouting dept at all when Vanney arrived tells a lot about the prior MLS franchising model.
    We don’t respect the profession of football scouting here in North America the way it is respected elsewhere in the world. All due respect to Hernandes but who has he ever scouted or signed that went on to a great career? At best it is an unwritten story.

There are people in world football where this is their entire resume. We should be finding an established one to reform how we are doing things in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

This is a point both about Bradley and Manning. If we didn’t have anyone with networks beyond Jack Dodd, that is 100% on both of them. That is a job Bradley was supposedly working on before he got here!
    There is always a balance between leveraging contacts and doing your own work.

Sometimes they overlap, but not doing both is part of how clubs overspend and “identify” the wrong talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    We don’t respect the profession of football scouting here in North America the way it is respected elsewhere in the world. All due respect to Hernandes but who has he ever scouted or signed that went on to a great career? At best it is an unwritten story.

There are people in world football where this is their entire resume. We should be finding an established one to reform how we are doing things in Toronto.
    Completely agree. One would think the best results would come from a true, deeply knowledgeable head scout with real experience and a great resume. I don’t think MLSE would even hire a caterer without a good resume. Giving the gig to someone on the payroll with limited experience sounds like more disrespect and stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaff makes 10 players deserving more hype list for 2023:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/burki...erve-more-hype
    A field-stretching winger/forward who threatens behind the backline would be nice have right now. For his own sake I’m glad Shaff got away, but what a sad state of a club when as a fan you are glad that a young player got away because you feel the people here would have wrecked his career.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we knew, to some extent that the org itself was messed up. If the extent is that our scouting was crippled because of nepotism and three separate HCs couldn't figure it out, Manning should be relieved of TFC duties. That's straight up inexcusable. Bob, to some extent, should have recognized this as well by now...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    A field-stretching winger/forward who threatens behind the backline would be nice have right now. For his own sake I’m glad Shaff got away, but what a sad state of a club when as a fan you are glad that a young player got away because you feel the people here would have wrecked his career.
    ^Exactly this, hindsight is 20/20 but this was pretty obvious. I still think moving LI to an attacking midfield / centre forward and connecting with Richie and Bernie would have been deadly even with our less than stellar producing strikers. But alas, that will no longer happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Given our situation in the midfield, I am surprised BB has not at least tried once, one half, the double pivot with Lollo in the AM/SS/Trequartista spot with Fede and Richie in the LM/W or RM/W positions; they could actual rotate since they each have historical experience on both sides of the pitch. With CJ as the CF/ST.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Given our situation in the midfield, I am surprised BB has not at least tried once, one half, the double pivot with Lollo in the AM/SS/Trequartista spot with Fede and Richie in the LM/W or RM/W positions; they could actual rotate since they each have historical experience on both sides of the pitch. With CJ as the CF/ST.

BB went off at length last year about not playing a number 10. It was his big reason why Poz didn’t fit his team.