Page 114 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 4129
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Is it a weird correlation that, essentially, since Bradley got injured and was no longer in the line-up, Fede hasn't scored?
    He fell apart after that Athletic story which was around the same time. This guy is too fragile to deal with the fallout of being a locker room dickhead.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical Turkish rumouring. Chatter now has Besiktas engaging RW Nicolas Pepe; Some suggesting have already agreed to personal terms. Fede in limbo again?
    Ton of garbage turkish transfer aggregations, ignore all non tier 1 ones (dimarzio, sky italia, etc).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was really hoping wed get to see Mailula this Sunday, guess not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    I was really hoping wed get to see Mailula this Sunday, guess not.
    Did I miss something? Why not? Pretty sure he's with the club already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Did I miss something? Why not? Pretty sure he's with the club already.
    Is he? From a few days ago on his social media, he was still in Africa.. Is he here officially now? Youd think the social media team would be plastering him all over the place

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he? From a few days ago on his social media, he was still in Africa.. Is he here officially now? Youd think the social media team would be plastering him all over the place
    What's a social media team? I don't think we have none of these fancy, new fangled interweb talking folks no more.

Only here. This is the only media team around these parts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Likely to be a presser on Friday so hopefully some questions asked...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Ton of garbage turkish transfer aggregations, ignore all non tier 1 ones (dimarzio, sky italia, etc).
    Very true. Then again, IIRC, there was that one that suggested... 'get ready for a surprise transfer in Besiktas, Kanada' from earlier; late last month? I get your tier argument of sources but even the 'one's', their motives are ever more suspect IMO. Di Marzio is still an exception for me. Of a different generation than most current others and much more 'old school' if you understand who his father was. I mean just look at the accusations tweeting about at FRomano by some of his own colleagues over the Caicedo Chelsea/Liverpool affair; implying co-opting, interference or influencing and profiting on the matter.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kloke article:

- interviewed Robinson at DC, Bobby from forge, most notably informal talks with John Herdman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kloke article:

- interviewed Robinson at DC, Bobby from forge, most notably informal talks with John Herdman.
    Yes, already posted in the New Coach thread.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yes, already posted in the New Coach thread.
    Whoops my bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm the exception but with the talk of Michael Bradley being available for selection on Sunday I'd love to see them drop him in at the deep end. Give us ONE game where we get to see somewhere in the neighbourhood of the "vision" Bob had for the team. Not saying I'm disappointed that Bob was canned but my curiosity is getting the better of me. I couldn't help but feel that we screwed ourselves by not signing a healthy "good" goal scoring striker. Because of that the expectations became unrealistic of Berna and Insigne and look what it did to us. We wanted them to become primary scorers. Neither one was picked for Italy because they were lethal finishers. They are assist merchants that chip in secondary scoring and give us options on set pieces. When that happened, we either asked them to fill the net or they decided on their own that they needed to do something that wasn't their strength and it was doomed to fail from the get go. Wouldn't expect we'd pull a first half against Charlotte type of thing but to see Bradley, Osorio and Ibarra in the midfield with the two Italians out on the wings feeding Cash No Deposit through the middle would be nice ... just once before the team gets ripped apart. Might even break the goal drought ...
    Last edited by buddies; 08-14-2023 at 08:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    What's a social media team? I don't think we have none of these fancy, new fangled interweb talking folks no more.

Only here. This is the only media team around these parts.
    I got this from John today asked him about Mailula and Insigne.

"Yes, he is here. We’ll get an update on Lorenzo on Tuesday."

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/sta...-2H2cXm0A&s=19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    Maybe I'm the exception but with the talk of Michael Bradley being available for selection on Sunday I'd love to see them drop him in at the deep end. Give us ONE game where we get to see somewhere in the neighbourhood of the "vision" Bob had for the team. Not saying I'm disappointed that Bob was canned but my curiosity is getting the better of me. I couldn't help but feel that we screwed ourselves by not signing a healthy "good" goal scoring striker. Because of that the expectations became unrealistic of Berna and Insigne and look what it did to us. We wanted them to become primary scorers. Neither one was picked for Italy because they were lethal finishers. They are assist merchants that chip in secondary scoring and give us options on set pieces. When that happened, we either asked them to fill the net or they decided on their own that they needed to do something that wasn't their strength and it was doomed to fail from the get go. Wouldn't expect we'd pull a first half against Charlotte type of thing but to see Bradley, Osorio and Ibarra in the midfield with the two Italians out on the wings feeding Cash No Deposit through the middle would be nice ... just once before the team gets ripped apart. Might even break the goal drought ...
    Simpatico!

IIUC, regarding each one's SerieA career, they were accustomed to a SerieA upper quarter percentile kind of play; both usually ended their respective season's within the Top 5. Lollo, since 2009 never finished his season lower than 7th (only once outside the Top 5) in standings at Napoli. Fede, since 2014, never finished his season lower than 8th ( as well, only once outside the Top 5) at Fiorentina and Juventus. An argument may be made that they expected or deserved better quality surrounding them then they have gotten at TFC especially these past months with all the key injuries and Laryea aside.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think it was a comedy of injuries and alignment, and we are not as bad as the results on paper, except for the striker of course. The strikers were just poor choices from “Fire Manning” and BB.

I also dont think it is fair to lump LI in with Bernie. LI has been fragile but always professional and even when frustrated, mostly kept it inward. BB and “Fire Manning” took the LI age and injury potential risk knowingly when they signed him.

But Bernie makes millions as well and it sure looks like he quit on the team, his teammates and the badge. Maybe the media got it wrong, but unless we dump him for cents on the dollar he is stuck here. So until that happens, his solution is simple ... time to suck it up. He owes the fans and teammates 100% or sit on the bench and watch your value go down even more.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 08-15-2023 at 07:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinario artitcle, Jason Hernandez quote, 'I have not seen any offers from Fede'! WTF?! Wordplay or sincere?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinario artitcle, Jason Hernandez quote, 'I have not seen any offers from Fede'! WTF?! Wordplay or sincere?
    If this is true then fuck him... No offers at all??

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He means concrete offers, he said "no smoke without fire" in regards to interest in him.

And said he wouldn't be surprised to get an offer soon for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He means concrete offers, he said "no smoke without fire" in regards to interest in him.

And said he wouldn't be surprised to get an offer soon for him.
    That's only a read; which I do somewhat share with you. However, TBF, he also stated he wouldn't be surprised if he did not get an offer for Fede.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Which to me suggests the offer package brought to JH better be bow tied. No transfer fee, fine, but nothing owing on Fede's contract; no move subsidy, TFC is eating nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Which to me suggests the offer package brought to JH better be bow tied. No transfer fee, fine, but nothing owing on Fede's contract; no move subsidy, TFC is eating nothing.
    Which is insane. He's a lost asset which provides nothing for the team, marketing or the product of Toronto FC. Take whatever you can get for him now and move on.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is insane.
    It's fiction. Any club always looks for the "best deal" but there's absolutely no impetus there to demand maximum value out of him. They just want him gone.

He says no offers because there have been no offers. Period. End of. They get clubs asking if players are available all the time. An offer is always a concrete thing, and they haven't had any offers for Bernardeschi.

That's probably why I keep being told it would be a "miracle" if such-and-such a club bought him. Lots ask, no one is making offers.

Believe it or not, most teams do some due diligence before they buy players. He has two goals in open play this year, and hasn't scored in 20. He doesn't provide assists.

Do people really think clubs are looking at him and saying "yeah, we'll turn him around"? Players don't have that kind of performance in MLS and get picked up by top Turkish Clubs, or top Italians clubs.

The only way we shed him at anything close to his money is a) A coach who already has worked with him and likes him, good luck there or b) Saudi Arabia. And they're pledging, as of yesterday, to start signing "only the best of the best." Do his numbers qualify?

There's a good chance we are stuck with him for at least another year. It's a serious fucking mess.

With MLSE money and needing success to protect their ticket base, I think they'll take a serious look at buying him out next year, eating about $13M in loss.

Now THAT is insane, but actually could happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the sense Fede is not going anywhere. We need a coach to work with him when things don't go well.

At least this was positive to see:

So, just to be clear, have there been any transfer offers for Bernardeschi from other clubs? And do you get the sense he is fully committed to TFC?
    I have not seen any offers from Fede. He’s shown nothing but being committed to us. I see him at training, he is working his socks off and really pushing himself and others.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    At least this was positive to see:

So, just to be clear, have there been any transfer offers for Bernardeschi from other clubs? And do you get the sense he is fully committed to TFC?
    I have not seen any offers from Fede. He’s shown nothing but being committed to us. I see him at training, he is working his socks off and really pushing himself and others.
    On the flipside, if what we've seen this summer is him giving his all and "working his socks off" then he is just pure shit and we wasted millions on an obnoxious pylon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bwawawa… We are sooo fcuked, let’s have a look under guise…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bwawawa… We are sooo fcuked, let’s have a look under guise…

He's not coming back, he's just training at the club facilities because he's a club legend.

Don't get excited. They're fully aware he's past it at this level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL at this point let him play a game just so we can say we tried it so we can finally move on from this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    LOL at this point let him play a game just so we can say we tried it so we can finally move on from this.
    Sign him to a 1 day contract, let him play in last home game of the season for a little bit and have a proper send off.

I'd do this for Bradley, Altidore and Seba.

Hell, maybe he can light a fire under Fede a bit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Sign him to a 1 day contract, let him play in last home game of the season for a little bit and have a proper send off.

I'd do this for Bradley, Altidore and Seba.

Hell, maybe he can light a fire under Fede a bit.
    So are we acquiring an international roster spot to make this a feel good story happen?

If it did; sack Hernandez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    On the flipside, if what we've seen this summer is him giving his all and "working his socks off" then he is just pure shit and we wasted millions on an obnoxious pylon.
    The other out possibility is we get him to agree to flip any transfer fee as a buyout. If he knows he has a guaranteed salary and gets some compensation for leaving, he might write-off his existing deal.

It's the same mechanism they're attempting (badly) to use to transfer Harry Maguire to West Ham. They void the contact but he gets a portion of the fee back from Man Utd as compensation.

In Fede's case, I'd be suggesting his options are to become a bench player in MLS, based on his attitude, willingness to perform and efficacy; or accept whatever transfer fee we can muster to move elsewhere and play.

He's owed about $20M by us if he stays for the full 3.5 years remaining. If he took half of that from someone in Europe, about $3M a year, and a $2.5-5M payout from us, anything we can get on the transfer helps pay that down. Since he signed on a free, it mitigates the damage somewhat.

That way, he gets to have a continuing career and endorsements.

Seriously, what other option do we have? Bench him and tell his agent to cut a deal elsewhere. Tell him he'll train separately, he won't be playing with the first team. Heck, loan him to TFC II if possible.

If he wants to move, then the easiest route is probably to force his agent to get serious about finding a buyer.