Page 101 of 138 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 4129
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I would assume this new striker is currently a free agent?
    Moura to go with the rumored Brazilian manager?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Moura to go with the rumored Brazilian manager?
    Thought he signed with LAFC? Also he's really a winger not an out and out striker. Hope it's not him.

ed - Turns out he's at Sao Paulo.
    Last edited by Canary10; 08-03-2023 at 09:01 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I am told we are not getting Clark, he's going on loan elsewhere. He is "in negotiations with another team and a loan will be announced."

I am also told we're getting a striker in the next 24 to 48 hours.

I am further told Richie has no long-term deal in place past the loan with Vancouver and that TFC is still in the running to sign him full-time.

A full transfer from Forest won't happen unless the player agrees it, and he has not agreed to it.

Seems a bit wishful thinking to me, however apparently the terms of the eventual potential transfer are why we lost out.

But they are still dependent on Richie agreeing to a long-term deal, and he is not sold yet on it being his only option.

I put this one "possibly kidding themselves," but I'm not sure. The source seemed fairly adamant they've talked to Laryea, that this is not a definite permanent move yet and that he could be in play again in six months.
    Interesting.

Anything on new coach?

Isn't the window closed?

How are we signing a striker?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am told we are not getting Clark, he's going on loan elsewhere. He is "in negotiations with another team and a loan will be announced."

I am also told we're getting a striker in the next 24 to 48 hours.

I am further told Richie has no long-term deal in place past the loan with Vancouver and that TFC is still in the running to sign him full-time.

A full transfer from Forest won't happen unless the player agrees it, and he has not agreed to it.

Seems a bit wishful thinking to me, however apparently the terms of the eventual potential transfer are why we lost out.

But they are still dependent on Richie agreeing to a long-term deal, and he is not sold yet on it being his only option.

I put this one "possibly kidding themselves," but I'm not sure. The source seemed fairly adamant they've talked to Laryea, that this is not a definite permanent move yet and that he could be in play again in six months.
    I don’t think he goes to Vancouver if he has any plans of coming back here (although nothing explicitly rules it out). Their assertions about not having a contract in Vancouver past the loan deal sound like spinning truthy facts into drunken optimism.

The simplest way I could describe our situation is this: given other pressing needs, we likely don’t have the budget to sign Laryea. And even if we did, it would be kinda stupid to compete with Vancouver on this. They just have more incentive to pay as a budget-light club looking for a moderately priced showcase player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a player was a free agent prior to last night he can be signed up until the start of Sept or whenever the roster freeze is IIRC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Interesting.

Anything on new coach?

Isn't the window closed?

We can sign players until the roster freeze in early September, they just need to be free agents. No transfer fees or loans in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don’t think he goes to Vancouver if he has any plans of coming back here (although nothing explicitly rules it out). Their assertions about not having a contract in Vancouver past the loan deal sound like spinning truthy facts into drunken optimism.

The simplest way I could describe our situation is this: given other pressing needs, we likely don’t have the budget to sign Laryea. And even if we did, it would be kinda stupid to compete with Vancouver on this. They just have more incentive to pay as a budget-light club looking for a moderately priced showcase player.
    My sense is they aren't offering a DP deal, thus it's far from cut-and-dried that he accepts their terms.

Interesting.

Anything on new coach?

Isn't the window closed?

Don't know. I'd assume we either signed the deal before the deadline and the 24-48 is the window to get his work permit/free up an international slot, or he's a free agent, and the deadline doesn't apply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I think he wants to kiss us.

His agent and Bill Manning played together when they were both younger. We were probably kicking the tires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His agent and Bill Manning played together when they were both younger. We were probably kicking the tires.
    Yeah. I went and seen he follows like half of MLS. Deleted the post. I thought those were his most recent follows.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sense is they aren't offering a DP deal, thus it's far from cut-and-dried that he accepts their terms.

Don't know. I'd assume we either signed the deal before the deadline and the 24-48 is the window to get his work permit/free up an international slot, or he's a free agent, and the deadline doesn't apply.
    interesting.

with a half decent striker, mailula, ibarra and blessing from this window we should have at least have some stuff to look forward to in the remaining games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have any strikers suddenly announced today that the contract with their club has been ‘terminated by mutual consent’?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are kind of reaching a point of way too many midfielders if he comes?

Ibarro, Blessing, Servania, Thompson, Coello, JMR, Osorio, VV, Antonoglu

I guess a number of these will be gone next season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    If a player was a free agent prior to last night he can be signed up until the start of Sept or whenever the roster freeze is IIRC
    Assume the roster freeze is in September? Hugo signed with the Reds as a home grown player on September 13th of last year and made his MLS debut in their final game of the regular season at Philly on October 9th, gives you some sense of the timeline.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Assume the roster freeze is in September? Hugo signed with the Reds as a home grown player on September 13th of last year and made his MLS debut in their final game of the regular season at Philly on October 9th, gives you some sense of the timeline.
    The roster freeze is on September 13th this year according to MLS.com.

(2023): Friday, February 24 at 8 pm ET
    Roster Freeze (2023): Wednesday, September 13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Have any strikers suddenly announced today that the contract with their club has been ‘terminated by mutual consent’?
    Michail Antonio at West Ham. The club has announced he has a new club but the club hasn't been announced yet. 33-year-old consistent scorer.

A little long in the tooth but quite a good player and a Jamaica international.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michail Antonio at West Ham. The club has announced he has a new club but the club hasn't been announced yet. 33-year-old consistent scorer.

he'd be very good in MLS for probably 2-3 years.

anything more on morelos? i see he's still out of contract.

personally i'd be more comfortable with someone of that age profile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he'd be very good in MLS for probably 2-3 years.

anything more on morelos? i see he's still out of contract.

personally i'd be more comfortable with someone of that age profile.
    I think Morelos' disciplinary history scares people off. That and he's convinced he should be at a top club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Morelos' disciplinary history scares people off. That and he's convinced he should be at a top club.

fair, 8 reds in 6 years is a lot...

only saving grace is that often players calm down as they get older.

let's see who they get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michail Antonio at West Ham. The club has announced he has a new club but the club hasn't been announced yet. 33-year-old consistent scorer. A little long in the tooth but quite a good player and a Jamaica international.
    I am Hammers friendly. Just think he is, and even more at his point in career, with his youngish family, grounded to play within England.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am Hammers friendly. Just think he is, and even more at his point in career, with his youngish family, grounded to play within England.
    he's jamaican and has been linked heavily to MLS in the past year.

wouldn't be a bad signing at all. probably got another 2-3 seasons where he would be very good in MLS (if he can stay healthy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it's possible. He was supposed to sign with Everton a month ago and that clearly didn't happen. Possible at 33 he's not getting Premier League offers, and no guarantee of the same kind of money at lower levels.

I get that he's Jamaican in name/fam history only, but he has played for them and knows CONCACAF.

You're probably right, though. Seems a stretch for us right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know me jloome, I love to live in that space in-between the possible and probable. You are the one of much more rational, grounded and sober thought between the two of us. I would love to see him in, ahem, grey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to see him in, ahem, grey.
    Or, like, a weird mash of red black and grey.

Or a weird mash of teal, pink and yellow.

I mean, a red shirt at some point might be a good plan.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or, like, a weird mash of red black and grey.

Or a weird mash of teal, pink and yellow.

I mean, a red shirt at some point might be a good plan.

the next kit is going to look like the 2019/20 kit imo, all red

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^/^^
    Sounds like a no-brainer to me! But what would we supporters know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the next kit is going to look like the 2019/20 kit imo, all red
    I suspect you are correct. They really took a bollacking over the jerseys this year.

I want them to do something in a deep red, like maroon, really clean and simple, white lettering no piping. High collar and long sleeves if we can get them, but even just "all red" would about do now.

I do wonder if the striker is maybe a loan. My source said they were finalizing it in 24-48 hours but didn't say it was permanent or a purchase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I do wonder if the striker is maybe a loan. My source said they were finalizing it in 24-48 hours but didn't say it was permanent or a purchase.
    That also does make sense with any concern over or respect for the incoming manager; his team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loan with an option to buy seems smart for where we're at

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeez that would actually get me excited.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Jeez that would actually get me excited.
    Longshot, though, as the little birds keep hinting we don't have much cash. Very English, despite the Jamaican team time. He actually debuted for England but lost his chance due to injury and switched allegiances.

Last I checked he was on about $5.6M a year at West Ham, so he's probably going to whoever pays the most. But he has younger children, so Saudi might be out.

He's good enough everyone assumed he was going to the Prem, to Everton or Villa. But no one has made a bid, likely due to age and wage.