Page 100 of 138 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone ever wonder if manning gave Vanney what Bob had - would TFC be any better- - i would have to say i would believe so -no?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    anyone ever wonder if manning gave Vanney what Bob had - would TFC be any better- - i would have to say i would believe so -no?
    I think Vanney would have screwed it up too like in LA this season where he is running the show. He plays too many favorites, doesn't give youth a sniff, and relies on his French connections too much and most of them are busts (all but Cheyrou & Perquis I think).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crickets from TFC….

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

separate manager and GM positions from now on pls.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    separate manager and GM positions from now on pls.
    Only problem is that if we ever wanted a legit, high profile, big time manager like Tata or better then that would have to be part of the deal.

But we'll always go cheap or familiar so it's not something we need to worry about.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Only problem is that if we ever wanted a legit, high profile, big time manager like Tata or better then that would have to be part of the deal.

But we'll always go cheap or familiar so it's not something we need to worry about.
    i'd make an exception for bielsa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me since I did weigh in above I guess it’s just a philosophical thing, and nothing personal against Richie - guys a baller.

DPs should probably get determined by the coach since they sort of anchor how the team should play. If I’m going with Richie as a wingback and DP then the decision is made even before Richie that the teams philosophy is gonna be to have two DP wingbacks/back 3 CBs and a DP midfield or get a few U22s for striker and mid positions- and the team would be playing almost San Jose Almeyda levels of wide play, vertical ball movement and heavy on wide service- creative playmaker outlets would be high IQ complete wingbacks instead of being in the midfield; they would dictate when to cross or overlap, pointing for winger to cut under lap for the ball into the final 3rd. But ultimately for me making Richie a DP would mean both would have to be a DP or of equal quality - or the other team is list gonna overload the other flank that’s much weaker.

Guess I’m saying If manning buys Richie as a DP he’s gonna kind of inadvertently pigeonhole how the next coach is gonna have to play with the resources/roster construction.

I’d want some symmetry across the field with the DPs/U22s and our teams spine is kinda shite atm. Just my interpretation tho
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 08-02-2023 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/CWGSomerville/st...7b54ygkiQ&s=19

*whispers* if I’m #TFCLive   * I’m calling Columbus about Russel-Rowe every 15 minutes.

Honestly, I’d be willing to do Sean Johnson for JRR and GAM.

Interesting tweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/CWGSomerville/st...7b54ygkiQ&s=19

*whispers* if I’m #TFCLive   * I’m calling Columbus about Russel-Rowe every 15 minutes.

Honestly, I’d be willing to do Sean Johnson for JRR and GAM.

Interesting tweet.
    I don't think they'd be interested in selling or that he'd be interested in leaving. He makes regular appearances, he's young, he's surrounded by higher talent he can learn from and he has a good manager.

He's still probably second on their number 9 chart, because they prefer Cucho as a second striker/false nine, and Rossi as a hole player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting tweet and an interesting proposal. I would entertain. The only meaningful counter I have read so far, that I would agree with, is that JRR is a very good poacher and unfortunately there would still be no service to facilitate any of his poaching? Though that problem could be addressed under the tutelage of a new coach or in the off-season by squad player acquistion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC still in on the Caden Clark sweepstakes? At the wire...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status...qB9SiKwXw&s=19

Reminder on MLS summer transfer window deadline day: Clubs don't need to announce deals before the deadline (1am ET), just get the paperwork in.

So there will be a number of moves announced tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the clarification Phil744; appreciated ! Actually thought it was midnight instead of like EPL 11PM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think there’s some philosophical differences in different corners of football about this. I swear every elite attacking fullback for the last decade plus (Alves, Marcelo, etc) has had this charge levelled against them.

To me, if your fullback bombs forward, it is, absolutely the DM’s job to cover. And it’s not the FB being out of position or failing to track back, rather it’s what the coach asks him to do as part of the team’s plan which means the team needs to slide over because it’s not possible for him to get there.
    Yeah, agreed. Also, in Richie’s case people seem to forget that Vanney converted him not very long ago. He took to fullback quickly but it took a few seasons to become complete. I actually think his time at Forest, mostly training as it was, improved his game. Don’t think he could have been our 2nd best centre half (after Hedges) and solidify the defence a couple of seasons ago
    as he did this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Surprised that the weight of public opinion is something like 8-0 so far, that letting Laryea go to Vancouver, is a good move for TFC.

I am not in sync. I think he is in his prime and will be for 3-4 more years, he is the best fullback in MLS, and I would have made Richie a DP and kept him.

EDIT: seeing Adekugbe go there as well is not making this better.
    I’m with you. Of course, I’m sentimental but what good is football without sentiment.

If it’s both Richie and Sam at the Whitecaps maybe I’ll watch them more often… we’re nothing but depressing these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, re: signing Richie, we hope the league improves its rules so that full backs can be paid (though this is not Vancouver’s first FB DP). Given all the gymnastics necessary to attract both high profile names and good prospects alike the current overcomplicated DP/young DP/max TAM stuff is really tiresome. The fact that signing local (ie. national) stars is impossible without handcuffing your roster makes for a Mickey Mouse league. It’s true of the US approach to US stars as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whispers... possibly Brazilian coaches? Now maybe Caden Clark also? Alright, alright, alright...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Whispers... possibly Brazilian coaches?
    Marschinho?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sit down, you may get queasy... Odair Hellmann? Where exciting football goes to die?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/cansoccerfeed/st...3ywO20NLQ&s=19

Rumour❓| Hearing #TFCLive    is rumoured to have signed Caden Clark. The 20 year old attacking midfielder most recently played with RB Leipzig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/cansoccerfeed/st...3ywO20NLQ&s=19

Rumour❓| Hearing #TFCLive    is rumoured to have signed Caden Clark. The 20 year old attacking midfielder most recently played with RB Leipzig.
    Here's hoping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounded like it was 50/50 this was happening last night (based on Twitter chatter). At the right price, I like this move.

His early RBNY days were fun to watch. Thought multiple times “wish we had a player like that”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know anything about odair hellman playing style?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on the hopium - I see what Hernandez is cooking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tweet that I believe sparked the Hellmann talk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The tweet that I believe sparked the Hellmann talk.

TFC is also building a scouting network so they could be involved in that. It's quite common for teams to use former managers as local scouts, to review targeted players more closely.

Still, as a manager he hasn't had a non-winning season. His last at Santos he was 11-12-11, and that's the closest he's been.

Pretty decent record. It would be a curious move to bring a Brazilian coach into MLS. We're not really a possession league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am told we are not getting Clark, he's going on loan elsewhere. He is "in negotiations with another team and a loan will be announced."

I am also told we're getting a striker in the next 24 to 48 hours.

I am further told Richie has no long-term deal in place past the loan with Vancouver and that TFC is still in the running to sign him full-time.

A full transfer from Forest won't happen unless the player agrees it, and he has not agreed to it.

Seems a bit wishful thinking to me, however apparently the terms of the eventual potential transfer are why we lost out.

But they are still dependent on Richie agreeing to a long-term deal, and he is not sold yet on it being his only option.

I put this one "possibly kidding themselves," but I'm not sure. The source seemed fairly adamant they've talked to Laryea, that this is not a definite permanent move yet and that he could be in play again in six months.
    Last edited by jloome; 08-03-2023 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I am told we are not getting Clark, he's going on loan elsewhere. He is "in negotiations with another team and a loan will be announced."

I am also told we're getting a striker in the next 24 to 48 hours.

I am further told Richie has no long-term deal in place past the loan with Vancouver and that TFC is still in the running to sign him full-time.

A full transfer from Forest won't happen unless the player agrees it, and he has not agreed to it.

Seems a bit wishful thinking to me, however apparently the terms of the eventual potential transfer are why we lost out.

But they are still dependent on Richie agreeing to a long-term deal, and he is not sold yet on it being his only option.

I put this one "possibly kidding themselves," but I'm not sure. The source seemed fairly adamant they've talked to Laryea, that this is not a definite permanent move yet and that he could be in play again in six months.
    I would assume this new striker is currently a free agent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I would assume this new striker is currently a free agent?
    Fucked if I know but I would also assume as such, given that the window's closed for TTCs, or the deal was already signed and agreed before midnight and they're waiting on work permission before making it official.