Page 10 of 138 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this nonsense, TFC will address it soon. If it's true, we might not hear a word.

When Puig was reported bored in LA, they handled it quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    If this nonsense, TFC will address it soon. If it's true, we might not hear a word.

When Puig was reported bored in LA, they handled it quickly.
    I wouldn't expect that. Most organizations ignore nonsense rumours unless they present a genuine problem.

If they get thousands of calls from season ticket holders... yeah, then they'll say something.

Equally, if a reporter asks Bradley about it directly, he might comment on it, which is also what probably happened in the Galaxy case.

But I wouldn't expect anything to "head this off". It's not a real story so they won't be pre-emptive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This is a nonsense story from a nonsense source.

I can't believe people still, this late in, just accept what they read online as having some basis in fact, even when the source has been wrong many, many more times than they've been right.

This makes no sense for a bunch of reasons: First, his contract is massive. no one in Europe, including Galatasaray, would take it on. As TFC under MLS regs would receive ZERO cap relief for getting rid of him, it literally does not make sense to do it.

Second, despite the whining on Reddit and other places, he actually has more goals from open play that Bernadeschi does. Five of Bernie's goals last year were penalties. So the notion that he's a bust and Bernie's a success seems largely based on the fact that a) he's injured right now and Bernie isn't b) Bernie smiles and ups the team a lot.

I'm not sure what I find more annoying, the willingless of Twitterati to lie for attention, or the susceptibility of people reading it to that horseshit.
    Thanks for this. Makes total sense to me.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve heard from people who say they’re close to him that he’s wanted out since the end of last season. My sources aren’t necessarily credible though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I’ve heard from people who say they’re close to him that he’s wanted out since the end of last season. My sources aren’t necessarily credible though.
    Then why repeat their bullshit publicly?

EDIT: Dude, ask yourself a logical question: how likely is it that any professional athlete, anywhere, would have that conversation casually?

In other words, unless your friend is a member of his family or his agent, how likely is it that any pro athlete would have the "I don't like my situation" conversation with them?

Good grief.
    Last edited by jloome; 03-20-2023 at 11:03 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sure he is frustrated, his debut with the Reds was delayed because of a knock and he is currently sidelined due to injury. It is not going how he wants it right now,. Also Berna is becoming the star here and he has the great personality to go with his play on the pitch. I can not get enough of the guy, love his passion. Stories like this all ways seem to come up when a guy like this is sidelines, the frustration is there. This is such a bs internet driven BS story.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I am sure he is frustrated, his debut with the Reds was delayed because of a knock and he is currently sidelined due to injury. It is not going how he wants it right now,. Also Berna is becoming the star here and he has the great personality to go with his play on the pitch. I can not get enough of the guy, love his passion. Stories like this all ways seem to come up when a guy like this is sidelines, the frustration is there. This is such a bs internet driven BS story.
    This! He came here, lost a stillborn child, had his best friend move back to Italy, watched his former club win without him, and then got a muscle injury, all within six months of each other. I mean, that's a lot shit to take for anyone.

Should he be smiling?

This is why I hate social media. It just amplifies everyone's worst characteristics, and people who post anonymously seemingly have no impetus to be civil.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put on ignore & reported for misoginy

Anyhoo.....I looked at that report & remember all sorts of things about Seba & Jozy where "X person" in Europe wants him.

For a free

While we pay part / all of the salary

Every few months, TL or Manning would say "Uh, we are not going to address that but isn't it nice to have stars that other teams want?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Put on ignore & reported for misoginy

Anyhoo.....I looked at that report & remember all sorts of things about Seba & Jozy where "X person" in Europe wants him.

For a free

While we pay part / all of the salary

Every few months, TL or Manning would say "Uh, we are not going to address that but isn't it nice to have stars that other teams want?"
    As long as Insigne looks unhappy, there will be some Twitter "journalist" claiming he's about to leave.

Hell, we still get Seba rumours now, even when the guy's been gone for four years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, part of the territory of being the highest paid player in the league and we haven't seen a full string of games to rally behind him and make it feel like home.

Wouldn't be shocked, but would be disappointed. Realistically who in Europe is going to take the contract (EPL maybe, Super Lig unlikely)....(is LI willing to renegotiate, I would be very surprised). If true have to consider a Jozy 2.0 as long as they have chemistry with Bernie. Would also make sense why Bernie looked down the past two games and management better get out in front of it with him...ASAP.

I don't think this one goes away unless he starts playing regularly and only gets worse if the injury keeps dragging along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he cant get a run of high quality performances by the summer then it could be interesting to sell or mutually terminate if he really wants out and bring in two dps/high quality players...for now just gotta hope he gets back asap and helps the team

Outside of that, those Egyptians look interesting...but the big question with that kind of profile is how would they adapt here...and if you look at Montreal Hamdi hasnt been a success

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect I know the source of this "rumor." Apparently journalists in Turkey have written a piece today saying Galatasaray's owner is a fan of Insigne and would like to "lure" him to the club in the summer to play with Dries Mertens again.

That's it. That's all. That is, as Gord would've said, everything.

In other words, it's a pure speculation piece about a foreign club's owner liking him as a player.

A local Twitter feed -- probably from someone who read a poor Turkish translation, and that's if I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt -- has turned that into "Insigne is unhappy and wants to go to Turkey."

Good grief.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me... wondering about joining this Lolo discussion and adding a late comment... on second thought...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This! He came here, lost a stillborn child, had his best friend move back to Italy, watched his former club win without him, and then got a muscle injury, all within six months of each other. I mean, that's a lot shit to take for anyone.

Should he be smiling?

This is why I hate social media. It just amplifies everyone's worst characteristics, and people who post anonymously seemingly have no impetus to be civil.
    It must be absolutely, totally killing him to see what Napoli are doing without him.

They are Secretariat in Italy this year. Leading by a mile in Serie A, and in the quarters of CL, with all the heavyweights on the other side of the draw, so a very plausible path to the final.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It must be absolutely, totally killing him to see what Napoli are doing without him.

They are Secretariat in Italy this year. Leading by a mile in Serie A, and in the quarters of CL, with all the heavyweights on the other side of the draw, so a very plausible path to the final.
    Unfortunately for Insigne his career was at the same time as a dominant Juventus team. A Euro crown and TFC paying him big money has sweetened his life nicely thank yo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Checked his profile on the TFC site. He looks like he's 9 years old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Checked his profile on the TFC site. He looks like he's 9 years old.
    Lol. That picture must have been from 5 years ago at least!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Lol. That picture must have been from 5 years ago at least!

Here's one after his third felony arrest (kidding, obv)

He's a centre back, in case anyone's wondering. Captain of Canada's U17 team.
    Last edited by jloome; 03-21-2023 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ At least he looks to be approaching adulthood in that pic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He made one appearance with TFC2 last year in MLSNP. Probably gets a lot more time this year.

Could be a sign of TFC being genuinely interested in him as a future young stub, but TFC probably just needed some bodies to fill training since they're missing 5 guys to international duty plus the injured guys.TFC2 starts their season in a couple days, so maybe they kept their main guys and sent some young guys instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope he does better than Alen Stevanovic did.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope he does better than Alen Stevanovic did.
    Wow, that is a blast from the past, remember he came with some hyped promise because of his pedigree and his loan was canceled early by Torino because TFC was not really playing him. He is currently playing in Serbia's second division.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per Molinaro,

TFC is only picking up a portion of Gutierrez's salary. Given we must be near the cap limit, makes the acquisition make all the more sense. Basically a minimum cost pickup
    https://www.tfcrepublic.ca/tfc-mls-c...errez-waivers/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It must be absolutely, totally killing him to see what Napoli are doing without him. They are Secretariat in Italy this year. Leading by a mile in Serie A, and in the quarters of CL, with all the heavyweights on the other side of the draw, so a very plausible path to the final.
    I am expecting Napoli to take The Scudetto on 29APR23 against Salernitana. Unfortunately, there is a possibility that Lolo may not be even match ready for TFC by then. Hoping this is not the case.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    He made one appearance with TFC2 last year in MLSNP. Probably gets a lot more time this year.

Could be a sign of TFC being genuinely interested in him as a future young stub, but TFC probably just needed some bodies to fill training since they're missing 5 guys to international duty plus the injured guys.TFC2 starts their season in a couple days, so maybe they kept their main guys and sent some young guys instead.
    After watching the whole CONCA U17 I would say he's got the job on TFC2 but the first team? I dunno...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    After watching the whole CONCA U17 I would say he's got the job on TFC2 but the first team? I dunno...
    Well that's what I meant - monitoring him for a potential first team deal in a year or two (ala Franklin who did 2 years with TFC2 before signing this year). LS could be a 2024/2025 signing.

Meant him joining the first team for practice as a filler player because the second team has their own game and needs their guys. The first team currently has 18 guys available for the next game (as the rest are international call ups or injured), which is enough for the next roster, so no 4-day loans need, but if the first team wanted some extra guys to do an 11v11 scrimmage in practice, they could've grabbed a couple of the guys TFC2 wasn't using like LS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nottingham paper speculated today that if Forest get relegated, they'll probably want Richie back to play in the Championship, that he would've seen more time based on performances if Djed Spence hadn't been an every-game starter.

So, fingers crossed... I guess? I don't really want to wish ill on his chances to play at a higher level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point. But a buy clause can be set at whatever the selling club wants, basically. So it could be deliberately prohibitive, or a tough call.

It also might be that Richie doesn't want to give up another shot over there, and Championship clubs Hull, Blackburn and Huddersfield have all shown interest in the past. They might well cough up more than we'd pay, AND Richie might want another shot, if he's told he's going to start.

Lots of variables still.