Page 122 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,660 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Thanks! Yes, I remember that now.

The whole concept of asking someone publicly if the atmosphere at their employer is any good is eye-wateringly stupid to begin with.

I really want to like the guy’s work but man he makes it hard when he does stuff like that.
    It's sort of the culture he comes from. CBC Sports has always played it as neutrally as possible, and he'll probably usually defer to just quoting what he can get rather than digging to see if it's truthful.

Most TV guys are that way, because spot TV news is very image-oriented and time consuming for how much it produces.

I think, fundamentally, he and Neil Davidson are the two journalists who do the job properly.

I think Kloke and Bogert at the Athletic are breaking news guys, and trying to get the scoops, but will run anything "without names" as if that should be an acceptable standard, and consequently get a lot wrong.

Neil Davidson from CP, however, is the only one of those covering who does not allow himself to be used by sources, named or otherwise.

Young reporters these days anomyously use "a source" for anything. But you can get named sources to say what you need. It just takes hard work and knowing how to do the job properly.

Constantly citing "potential backlash" is not a legitimate reason to use unnamed sources. There are labour laws in this country, employment standards, even whistleblower protections. It is not the job of the media to "protect" a source when that source does not require them to do so.

Simply creating ill will or personal problems by speaking is not a rationale for giving a source nameless access either.

Reporters who do that are just routinely abused with trial balloons, lies and distortions, as people realize they can be used as a defacto third-party bully in just about any situation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    You have to be careful here, Molinaro isn't the one saying these things. As you say, it is framed as "According to sources...". All he is doing is reporting on what he has been told. No harm no foul there, although you would think there's some due diligence in his process. The contrary report from Brennan makes him look like a fool.

From what we know, it looks like TFC have used him to tow the company line on more than a few occasions this year, and he's left to deal with the fallout of that for both better and worse.
    Yeah you are right, have to be careful with how you hear or read things. I don't subscribe to Molinaro's stuff so I don't read it often. I suppose by the way he said it on the podcast I think it sounded as though he was at the practice where he saw Insigne storm out..but then the sources that he was referring to were telling him about the stuff in the dressing room. However he could have all just taken it from the original article and said sources have told him such and such if what I understand from what Jloom has talked about with reporting/journalism.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okkkkkkkkkk

Having watched that game

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Okkkkkkkkkk

Having watched that game

Thoughts?

Franklin is our new RB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Franklin is our new RB.
    He's got a lot going for him. He still has trouble advancing the ball himself, but his passing tonight was great. He did turn it back twice to our end when he probably didn't need to.

He's still young. I think ideally he'd be platooning with someone more consistent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's got a lot going for him. He still has trouble advancing the ball himself, but his passing tonight was great. He did turn it back twice to our end when he probably didn't need to.

He's still young. I think ideally he'd be platooning with someone more consistent.
    If Herdman can get Franklin to sort out his defensive side of the game where he doesn't switch off multiple times, he will have Europe knocking on the door in a couple years.

Also I liked Oso's role tonight. He seemed much more engaged. I think the Mabika era may have come to a close. Bradley, for as much as his pace has left him, in my opinion anyway had a solid game tonight. The jury is still out for me on Romero. He looks unsure of himself at times but that could also be due to his age. I was expecting us to get thrashed tonight but am happy that I was wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill and Herdman need to wine, dine, get drake, raptors Courtside or whatever is basically the only thing Bill does best to get Ibarra to stay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's got a lot going for him. He still has trouble advancing the ball himself, but his passing tonight was great. He did turn it back twice to our end when he probably didn't need to. He's still young. I think ideally he'd be platooning with someone more consistent.
    His name is Richie... Richmond Mamah Laryea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Bill and Herdman need to wine, dine, get drake, raptors Courtside or whatever is basically the only thing Bill does best to get Ibarra to stay.
    I would like to think there is the possibility, a chance Franco Ibarra stays; a hope. There are worse 'livability' places in North America than Toronto and the city has a vibrant Latino community. Although, IIUC, there has not been any confirmation TFC even have an option to buy. Maybe the clubs and league have kept that clause on the down low given the nature of and circumstances for the move. It seems ATLTUTD/Bocanegra did not discuss nor give the player any notice of the move until it was a fait accompli. He supposedly had recently bought a house in Atlanta and gotten his Green Card instead of a work visa; or was trying to get it? I believe the transfer would have ruined any application or the required commitment to reside 'continuity' part of such a granting. Ibarra apparently felt done dirty by their organization and coach, so maybe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crepeau next year is looking likely

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCD Eindhoven View Post
    thank you!

reckon trading sean johnson then.

crepeau makes sensee, v good keeper at this level and good age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crepeau makes a ton of sense. The one wildcard will be how much athleticism he still has after multiple major injuries but regardless, I think he’s smart enough to adjust.

His distribution will make a huge difference. By no means is Romero as good as SJ but he does have a better passing range. That definitely helped the team last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCD Eindhoven View Post
    So then the speculation is that the 'very special personal situation' he was dealing with last year has now been resolved?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    So then the speculation is that the 'very special personal situation' he was dealing with last year has now been resolved?
    wasn't that just that he wanted to leave VW for more money?

lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

lol
    I believe his wife is a nurse and got a job offer in LA. So that would be one complication.

Another would be LA not trading him. Why would they? He's easily the best of their two keepers, he's just been out a long time. John McCarty is a very marginal starter and mistake prone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe his wife is a nurse and got a job offer in LA. So that would be one complication.

Another would be LA not trading him. Why would they? He's easily the best of their two keepers, he's just been out a long time. John McCarty is a very marginal starter and mistake prone.
    out of contract after this season (according to transfermarkt)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

out of contract after this season (according to transfermarkt)
    Ah.... free agent. Still, if I'm him, I'm not clamoring to leave the best team in the league, where I'm a hero for basically taking a leg break to stop a potential losing goal in a title match.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah.... free agent. Still, if I'm him, I'm not clamoring to leave the best team in the league, where I'm a hero for basically taking a leg break to stop a potential losing goal in a title match.
    can see the appeal though, coming back to canada to work under a coach he's had success under.

eindhoven is pretty reliable too.

i wonder who will be taking sean johnson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe his wife is a nurse and got a job offer in LA. So that would be one complication...
    IIUC, there was also some indirect inferences from around 01MAR21 that it may be a 'Ciman' type of situation...

' If that wasn’t hectic enough, Crepeau and his wife Cristina Dagenais are expecting their first child this summer... “She is five months and a half now,” Crepeau revealed. “She is due in June. There’s going to be some questions asked and we will react when it comes. We’ll act, when we know facts. It’s definitely something that we need to think about, when it happens, we’ll have a plan and we will go from there, but right now, we’re a little bit in the dark.” '

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/crep...aps-goalkeeper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crepeau also fills that CMNT player remit to get everyone's maple leaves stand at attention.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Crepeau also fills that CMNT player remit to get everyone's maple leaves stand at attention.
    i think the question to ask about signing canadian players is how we'd feel if we signed a non canadian with the exact same skillset.

most would be pretty happy with crepeau, i think.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sure we will have at least one or two of Herdman's WTF selections, someone he loves that leaves us scratching our head. Wonder who it could be, any suggestions?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I am sure we will have at least one or two of Herdman's WTF selections, someone he loves that leaves us scratching our head. Wonder who it could be, any suggestions?
    As long as he doesn't do a Bob and drop $500K+ GAM to get Fraser back I think he'll be okay. I bet he will bring in a CPL player or two though since he would have scouted the Canadians there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be okay with Crepeau only if we get rid of both SJ and Romero. I do not want two national team keepers, so that we get stuck again with two keepers out at once on NT duty.
    I know there are the reports that MLS will observe international dates in 2024,but 2025 has the Gold Cup and I doubt they'll shut up shop for a month for that if Leagues Cup is still a thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ehh Dayne St Clair's contract is up end of next season. If he doesn't head to europe after that, that contract will line up with WC cycle.
    *edit nvm its 2024 plus a 1 yr club option...

I wouldn't be mad about picking him up lol - not that the loons would give him up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    That’s how Vancouver fans took it, makes sense, no one has hit the issue here tho, it’s on another level that doesn’t make sense (and maybe not nice) to speculate on.

I love this forum and like offering the 2% I become aware of. It’d be nice if this stayed here and not on twitter (I know, not a reasonable ask since I’m offering the info)

I do know crepeau has been told he’s not in lafc’s plans

The “likely to tfc” info is very soft - obviously nothing concrete can happen for a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    His last name has six letters; two consonants and four vowels. Pat, I would like to solve the puzzle…
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 09-01-2023 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to note Ibarra positioned beside Osorio in BMO Field’s locker room on match-days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I guess barring any last minute moves, Berna and Insigne are staying put? The deadline is on a few days no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    So I guess barring any last minute moves, Berna and Insigne are staying put? The deadline is on a few days no?
    Deadline for Europe is today. I think they are both here until at least winter.

Personally I don't think Insigne will leave. I get the sense his family / wife vetoed Saudi. Berna up in the air, but his play and attitude recently since the league cup break has been very positive.