Page 127 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    To release him, which is what that would be, we would have to pay out his contract first.

It's not going to happen. TFC is not going to pay $33M to get a more productive DP.
    I think there may be a club in Europe that would pay half, and TFC foot the bill for the difference, this of course would be a zero fee transfer.

I think realistically we are stuck with both DP for at least next season. Who knows maybe Herdman can work some magic next year and get a better performance out of them, but the rest of the team needs a complete overhaul too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think there may be a club in Europe that would pay half, and TFC foot the bill for the difference, this of course would be a zero fee transfer.

I think realistically we are stuck with both DP for at least next season. Who knows maybe Herdman can work some magic next year and get a better performance out of them, but the rest of the team needs a complete overhaul too.

No, the club would not pay half. They absolutely would not, under any circumstance, eat $17M in guaranteed compensation with no return. They will take their chances that a good coach gets much more out of him.

My source has been pretty clear to me that enormous buyouts are not going to be a thing going forward. They got hit hard by Soteldo and Salcedo, and this would dwarf those.
    Last edited by jloome; 09-14-2023 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To release him, which is what that would be, we would have to pay out his contract first.

It's not going to happen. TFC is not going to pay $33M to get a more productive DP.
    I believe you can let a player go on a free transfer without a buyout. The receiving club pays the salary. I might be wrong about that.

Without a transfer fee that could be attractive to some teams. He does have a high salary no doubt though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highly doubtful. There's no reason, timing wise, for anything like that to happen now or be released in the next two weeks. There are no open transfer windows, and it would be at least a month, possibly more, premature of an actual move, which would be disruptive to everyone involved. I think we're all aware at this point that 99% of this shit is just made up.
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    There's been articles like this of Lorenzo leaving since he got off the plane here. If he goes anywhere its Turkey or Saudi. I don't think he ever goes to a Napoli competitor in SerieA.
    To clarify, what I should have better implied is that sanctioned discussions, arrangements or agreements still may be discussed and can happen now with any in-effect intent being for after; the off-season. If you accept the situation, I suspect Insigne has been given at least permission by TFC to explore transfer leads that are 'free with no contract subsidy' and engage clubs with preparatory negotiations to then be served 'on a plate' to management.

I understand that almost all of these rumours are content driven and made up. Still, IIUC, the reporter is a young Napolitano; probably hustling for a story or perhaps a MSingh like. I believe Insigne left Italy/Europe so he would not have to play against Napoli. With time maybe that perspective has changed. The prospect that Insigne would pull 'a Bonucci' does seem unimaginable; that he would sign for a Napoli rival. Fiorentina and Napoli are not historic rivals. And yet, given some of the current IMNT issues/concerns/circumstances, there is the suggestion this could be a way for him to reset as well as a path for EuroY24 consideration; a final career hooray.

I do agree, a destination like Turkiye, the KSA or maybe even Qatar, would be the more realistic of destinations. His friend MVerratti did just sign with Al-Arabi for a reported 45M Euros a season! So...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I believe you can let a player go on a free transfer without a buyout. The receiving club pays the salary. I might be wrong about that.

Without a transfer fee that could be attractive to some teams. He does have a high salary no doubt though.
    No, he has a guaranteed contract. They can let him go, he can take a new deal, but they still have to pay him.

No player is going to say "oh, sure, I'll just leave $20M on the table." The most he could probably command per season in Europe is about $5M (pretax), based on offers prior to us signing him... when he was still a much valued player. His performances here will have changed that drastically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I short of think of it as does his European salary + potential transfer fee (if he wasn’t released for free) greater than or equal to his existing TFC salary. If they are, then hypothetically someone can take him on without TFC being out of pocket or Insgine being out money.

But practically, I doubt we’re about to make that equation work. If we could, he’d have been long gone already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, he has a guaranteed contract. They can let him go, he can take a new deal, but they still have to pay him.

No player is going to say "oh, sure, I'll just leave $20M on the table." The most he could probably command per season in Europe is about $5M (pretax), based on offers prior to us signing him... when he was still a much valued player. His performances here will have changed that drastically.
    If a team came to Insigne and said we'll pay you what you are getting now, but no transfer fee to the club, that can be done technically. I'm not debating whether a team will/would do that given his salary, or whether TFC would let him go with no fee (although they'd be nuts not to if someone offered).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I believe Insigne left Italy/Europe so he would not have to play against Napoli.
    When he left, the only two offers on the table were from us and Napoli. He had no other offers.

Veratti is three years younger, still at least prime adjacent. AND HE'S MAKING HALF IN SAUDI WHAT INSIGNE IS MAKING HERE, $6.25M! So... is there any chance they're going to pay Insigne twice as much, even though he's four years older and not as good a player?

That's part of the problem. Another part is that Saudi Arabia is buying players to "sportwash" their reputation and present it as a "stars" league, an alternative to the European Super League that didn't happen.

If you're in that job, would you pay $33M for a player who just failed to perform in MLS, a league people keep saying is second-rate but STILL better than the Saudi League? Before anyone says it's nothing to them, they've offered standard fees on numerous younger European players who would produce more, numbers in the $10M-20M range. Most of their players aren't being paid $100M a season.

They would need massive star power for that, and he's not seen as a world-class player. So ... even there it would be tough to get an offer.
    Last edited by jloome; 09-14-2023 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I short of think of it as does his European salary + potential transfer fee (if he wasn’t released for free) greater than or equal to his existing TFC salary. If they are, then hypothetically someone can take him on without TFC being out of pocket or Insgine being out money.

But practically, I doubt we’re about to make that equation work. If we could, he’d have been long gone already.
    Yeah, that's essentially what I'm saying. Just thinking out loud whether there could be a situation where the equation could work for some team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a team came to Insigne and said we'll pay you what you are getting now, but no transfer fee to the club, that can be done technically. I'm not debating whether a team will/would do that given his salary, or whether TFC would let him go with no fee (although they'd be nuts not to if someone offered).
    It could technically be done, sure. I mean, technically they could sign me as the new number 9 next week. It's only slightly less likely than him being picked up on his current money.

Italian teams have tight margins, fair play restrictions. They pay 33-year-old wingers less money each year, not more.

He's just not that big a name. He's just not that good. He's a great player at the top league level, in a team that has more than one star. He's not a world-beating talent who changes every game he's in.

Busquets is 35 and has no mobility anymore. No one in Europe would pay him that money, either. But they'd all do it before they bought Insigne, as would the Saudis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's also worth pointing out that he's a huge talent. I'd like at least one year of his exile to our barren wasteland to be under a decent manager and actually productive.

We can look at it as some huge negative, but maybe the petulance and personality shit falls by the wayside if we're winning regularly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could technically be done, sure. I mean, technically they could sign me as the new number 9 next week. It's only slightly less likely than him being picked up on his current money.

Italian teams have tight margins, fair play restrictions. They pay 33-year-old wingers less money each year, not more.

He's just not that big a name. He's just not that good. He's a great player at the top league level, in a team that has more than one star. He's not a world-beating talent who changes every game he's in.

Busquets is 35 and has no mobility anymore. No one in Europe would pay him that money, either. But they'd all do it before they bought Insigne, as would the Saudis.
    Yeah that's fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's also worth pointing out that he's a huge talent. I'd like at least one year of his exile to our barren wasteland to be under a decent manager and actually productive.

We can look at it as some huge negative, but maybe the petulance and personality shit falls by the wayside if we're winning regularly.
    I agree with that. I don't want to see TFC buying him out, would rather he has a year with a decent coach and see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with that. I don't want to see TFC buying him out, would rather he has a year with a decent coach and see what happens.
    Plus, if he performs as capable (and he does show flashes of Giovinco-ish skill on the ball when he's pissed off and fighting) his value will go back up and we maybe have enough evidence to get a bite. Then we can sell him, keep him, whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again… everyone keeps missing the part of what the player wants or as juve calls it the will of the playerr. If he wants out for whatever reason he’s going to have to give up the money owing. At no point did I say tfc was going to buy him out or pay half his salary.

Your sources tell you what they want, the same that mine do. We will see what happens, and I stand by what I have been told.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Again… everyone keeps missing the part of what the player wants or as juve calls it the will of the playerr. If he wants out for whatever reason he’s going to have to give up the money owing. At no point did I say tfc was going to buy him out or pay half his salary.

Your sources tell you what they want, the same that mine do. We will see what happens, and I stand by what I have been told.
    If he mutually agrees to kill his contract and any remaining owing, then that's a win for TFC. Hard to imagine it happening. Maybe after next season when he's realized more of it..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post

Both you and jloome have provided clarity on this page from sources that we have not seen from TFC covering journos.

We will see what occurs

&

a) I appreciate both of you
    b) whichever one of you is "wrong" is still a useful voice on this board
    c) whichever one of you is "right' is not then "better' then the other

God we need a game....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    If he mutually agrees to kill his contract and any remaining owing, then that's a win for TFC. Hard to imagine it happening. Maybe after next season when he's realized more of it..
    Presumably after this season he would have pocketed $22M-ish and that might be enough for him to call it a day instead of suffering here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, let's not lose sight of the true goal of TFC in 2023...

"REMEMBER 2017?!?!?!+?+!?!?!?!?!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Presumably after this season he would have pocketed $22M-ish and that might be enough for him to call it a day instead of suffering here.
    I mean, from a TFC performance perspective he is suffering but his family and outside life here seems to be fine. But yea, that could be "enough" for him.

Kind of a sad exit though, from a point of pride for him. Basically leaves with a totally failed career in MLS. Its not like hes been lighting it up and can blame the rest of the team. Deandre Kerr has the same numbers as him this season...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Both you and jloome have provided clarity on this page from sources that we have not seen from TFC covering journos.

We will see what occurs

&

God we need a game....
    Totally agree.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only way insigne leaves is if he decides to leave a ton of money on the table, or a saudi team comes in.

there's no way the club will do a buyout, especially with so many years left.

for reference tho, verratti's salary in qatar (not saudi) is 35 million euros a year, way way more than insigne.

https://euro.eseuro.com/sports/1008076.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, according to Molinaro, Seba wants to also have a guaranteed contract for next season as well. Absolutely foolish move for him to ask for that and would be even more foolish for TFC to commit a roster spot to a 37 year old who hasn't played a half of football in two years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree.
    Yes, I also agree. No bun fight here. Both jloome and thegoodson are valued members, both of whom have an ear to ground and both of whom are generous enough to pass on to us what they're hearing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    So, according to Molinaro, Seba wants to also have a guaranteed contract for next season as well. Absolutely foolish move for him to ask for that and would be even more foolish for TFC to commit a roster spot to a 37 year old who hasn't played a half of football in two years.
    Yikes.

We just can’t help ourselves, can we? I suppose if the dollars were low enough it wouldn’t really matter but you just get the feeling those in the front office are too entrenched in history and short term thinking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

We will see what occurs

&

God we need a game....
    Nicely said.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Herdman had damn better be the one calling this shot.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Herdman had damn better be the one calling this shot.
    It sure seems like something somebody else with a poor record of team building and a love of PR moves would have done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco stats:
    1 goal in his past 1450 minutes.

1 goal in the past 3 years.

16 goals in total since he left TFC 5 years ago in order to chase more money.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

giovinco for more than 3 months makes no sense.

only made semi palatable if he's on the league minimum.