Page 50 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Now that Larin is staying at Valladolid, I wouldn't be surprised if he recommends Richie. They'll want to go straight back up.
    Is he staying though? I thought the exercise of the option was table stakes. They have to do it to sell him on after.

A year in La Liga 2 for them both wouldn’t be the worst but might be slightly underwhelming compared to watching them in to flight.

We’d have chewed our arms off to have one player in La Liga a short time ago. What Larin has done is pretty remarkable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Is he staying though? I thought the exercise of the option was table stakes. They have to do it to sell him on after.

A year in La Liga 2 for them both wouldn’t be the worst but might be slightly underwhelming compared to watching them in to flight.

We’d have chewed our arms off to have one player in La Liga a short time ago. What Larin has done is pretty remarkable.
    Pretty sure vallodolid are selling larin.

Lots of suitors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Pretty sure vallodolid are selling larin.

Lots of suitors
    Oh yeah, big profit coming their way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really curious to see how Dunfield lines his team up versus RSL. We often see new coaches try something different, and given how uninspired things have looked and that no one expects Dunfield to be here long term, he has no reason not to get a little crazy.

---Insigne---Berna---Kerr---
    Guti--Kaye--Servania--JMR
    --Mabika--Hedges--Rosted--
    ‐---------------Gavran----------------

(Throw in O'Neill if Hedges can't go.)

Maybe even play Insigne and Berna up front together when the team gets some midfielders back. Just go really U-12 houseleague team with it and play your best players closest to goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I'm really curious to see how Dunfield lines his team up versus RSL. We often see new coaches try something different, and given how uninspired things have looked and that no one expects Dunfield to be here long term, he has no reason not to get a little crazy.

---Insigne---Berna---Kerr---
    Guti--Kaye--Servania--JMR
    --Mabika--Hedges--Rosted--
    ‐---------------Gavran----------------

(Throw in O'Neill if Hedges can't go.)

Maybe even play Insigne and Berna up front together when the team gets some midfielders back. Just go really U-12 houseleague team with it and play your best players closest to goal.
    Why JMR? Is Franklin injured? He seems the better player at the moment and maybe even an adequate replacement for Richie if he doesn’t return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Why JMR? Is Franklin injured? He seems the better player at the moment and maybe even an adequate replacement for Richie if he doesn’t return.
    JMR profiles more as a wingback. In a conventional four-back, I'd prefer Franklin. I don't see much attacking IQ there, although I'm judging him mainly on what I've seen of him on the left (his off side).
    Last edited by Bobo; 06-29-2023 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone get tue feeling Berna might be on the way out?

Insigne posting happy stuff of him in training and everything this week. Berna used to always do this.

Been nothing from him for a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My belief is Bernadeschi stays, we drop Diomande, trade Ayo and, get this, sign Giovinco for 6 months. Cheap contract, already in Toronto at 36, may still contribute. Lots will be happening once the window opens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EL DUQUE'----' View Post
    My belief is Bernadeschi stays, we drop Diomande, trade Ayo and, get this, sign Giovinco for 6 months. Cheap contract, already in Toronto at 36, may still contribute. Lots will be happening once the window opens.
    You lost me at sign Giovinco and may still contribute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if your time is best spent posting here, Bill

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no surer way to ensure the season ends as it began (a failure) than signing a 36 year old who hasnt played a professional match in over a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my thought: this season is basically shot. We need players we don't have on the roster to succeed and we don't have the necessary budget flexibility to get them. Management needs to move things around to get the necessary budget flexibility. Once that is done, not to sound like Mo Johnston but we need a CB, a midfielder, and a striker (at a minimum). The striker to score. The CB to provide stability as hedges is often injured. And the midfielder needs to be someone with pace (our team is too slow).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love richie...but at 1.2 and probs another mil to buy him back is too much,man do we sure like to overpay for canadians

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the sake of the CMNT he is much better off getting far away from our dumpster fire.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i love richie...but at 1.2 and probs another mil to buy him back is too much,man do we sure like to overpay for canadians
    This. Unless the fullback is alphonso davies, there's no sense in investing so much in that position.

If we take the money we had potentially for Richie and used it on a DP striker the squad would be far better served.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no surer way to ensure the season ends as it began (a failure) than signing a 36 year old who hasnt played a professional match in over a year.

lol at least free kicks would have a chance.
    Isnt VV 36 and has played what 5 minutes in total?

at this point why not half the players are injured or dont even have basic skills to keep possession - i was against it at first but the position TFC is in- maybe they shouldnt dismiss anything and kick the tires on all potential opportunity.

Lol who knows any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post

unfortunately mis- management again- should have signed him initially - this move was bad from the start - imagine if TFC didnt have richie- paying the loan fee and not having someone replacing him is such mismanagement-

TFC let him go- then pay to keep him temporarily while not looking for a replacement lol LOL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    lol at least free kicks would have a chance.
    Isnt VV 36 and has played what 5 minutes in total?

at this point why not half the players are injured or dont even have basic skills to keep possession - i was against it at first but the position TFC is in- maybe they shouldnt dismiss anything and kick the tires on all potential opportunity.

Lol who knows any more.
    He's nit played in over a year he wouldn't be matchfit by the end of the season lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's nit played in over a year he wouldn't be matchfit by the end of the season lol

you could say the same technically about:

sapong
    diomanded
    guietirez
    VV
    akinola

even for 25 ms -who knows the team is such a bad state it may take at the very minimum 3 transfer windows.

Only thing I see that could save Manning is the new rules or spending in place to help miami and messi.

but its getting sad to think about how stuck TFC with limited assets, cap space and players with little value.

SMH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100 years from now our great grand children will still be arguing about whether Seba could still do a job for us (if reanimated properly)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    you could say the same technically about:

sapong
    diomanded
    guietirez
    VV
    akinola

even for 25 ms -who knows the team is such a bad state it may take at the very minimum 3 transfer windows.

Only thing I see that could save Manning is the new rules or spending in place to help miami and messi.

but its getting sad to think about how stuck TFC with limited assets, cap space and players with little value.

SMH
    Yes snd those were all bad signings. Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still talking Seba in big 2023. While we're on the topic of washed Italian forwards, 40-year-old Fabio Quagliarella got relegated with Sampdoria so could be had for nothing. Same agents as Berna. Maybe he's got one more golazo in him. At least he's fit, LOL.
    Last edited by Bobo; 06-30-2023 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am told they have been in touch with Pozuelo and would like to make it work, if they can. Budget is the big issue.

I'm also told his departure was purely Bob's decision, that he did not feel his playing style was a fit with what he wanted to do, and that pretty much everyone else involved in him leaving, including Poz, was crushed by it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am told they have been in touch with Pozuelo and would like to make it work, if they can. Budget is the big issue.

I'm also told his departure was purely Bob's decision, that he did not feel his playing style was a fit with what he wanted to do, and that pretty much everyone else involved in him leaving, including Poz, was crushed by it.

Ridiculous. Loosing a former MVP for peanuts is about one of the worst transfer this club has ever done.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that is so, I stand corrected. On here, I was one of the most vociferous in the "he wanted to leave" camp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If that is so, I stand corrected. On here, I was one of the most vociferous in the "he wanted to leave" camp.
    He's said it himself publicly on the record, hasn't he? He's certainly said multiple times he'd come back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scouting new up and coming players? Nah.

Bringing in players to sell a few extra tickets? Yeah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Scouting new up and coming players? Nah.

Bringing in players to sell a few extra tickets? Yeah!
    Part of Hernandez's remit now is to base it on projected performance based on analytics, rather than just the notoriety of the player to the scout or his contacts. So hopefully that means we're getting away from that approach.

If the money is right, Poz is still a smart signing. He's 31, still has a good engine, and over his last 24 games had 6 goals and 11 assists from the hole.

It's not a striker, that's true. So if the choice is a guy who's going to bang in 15-20 with even half-decent service or a number 10, it probably doesn't happen.

May also just be that we don't have the cap space for what he wants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No surprise there. It was clear Bob solely was not interested in using him in a way that he could succeed. At the end though he was not unhappy that he got a new lease on playing well in Miami.

Be very interesting if they could sort out a way to bring him back. Dunfield sort of poo-pooed the idea they we need another striker, he said we are capable of goal production from many positions.

And thanks again JLoome. You’re still a news man. This is a better site for inside info than any other.