Page 133 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,990 of 4129
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not saying I know what happened here, but it would be fun to have tentacles arrayed so that you can squeeze every single potential critic in the room by threatening their careers.

Now THAT is something serious EPL and La Liga managements would admire about MLSE/TFC.

If that were true. Up to you to decide if it is.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I don't believe anything here. When a club is such a complete shitshow, all kinds of crap can happen. E.g. it's easily possible for both sides to be wrong. Maybe Insigne is a bit of a ass. But any normal player could lose their minds about the way the club is run. And yes somebody could be making up or exaggerating stuff about Insigne, hoping he'll take some kind of reduced deal to get the hell out of Toronto.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Yeah I don't believe anything here. When a club is such a complete shitshow, all kinds of crap can happen. E.g. it's easily possible for both sides to be wrong. Maybe Insigne is a bit of a ass. But any normal player could lose their minds about the way the club is run. And yes somebody could be making up or exaggerating stuff about Insigne, hoping he'll take some kind of reduced deal to get the hell out of Toronto.
    there was a long stretch where he was in full training yet not in any matchday squad.

it's unexplainable other than this.

also the injury mysteriously reappeared after the miami game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Or they were hoping he’d leave in the summer and wanted to keep him fit without risking injury.

Personally, I don’t care if it’s true or not. I just don’t want him here at TFC. Seen more than enough on the field to know he’s not our guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    ^ Or they were hoping he’d leave in the summer and wanted to keep him fit without risking injury.

Personally, I don’t care if it’s true or not. I just don’t want him here at TFC. Seen more than enough on the field to know he’s not our guy.

I'll reiterate that as far as my little birds are concerned, he's going nowhere. They don't want to buy out the deal and no one wants him at that money.

Meanwhile, Herdman explains the late start, says he wants to reboot Insigne.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/w...ff21c35db.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    You know I think we all were suspicious of his injuries for a bit now. He seems to just play injured whenever he doesn't feel like playing.

Least Berna shows up every game.
    Dressing and showing up are different things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumours on reddit that Berna just sold his house in Toronto.
    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He doesn't own a house. He rents a condo downtown.
    Yea I got this from reddit and it was proven wrong / misleading. He used to rent the house that is now up for sale. He moved to a condo a bit ago.
    FWIW, concur. Lived in my neighbourhood-ish. Seems Fede never owned the house; was rented by player or club. Sometime after family joined him, they eventually moved out into a city high-rise-condo. That house has been put up for sale several times since late last year; reno-ed, modern, still the ask gives pause since it abuts a main west-end thoroughfare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know I think we all were suspicious of his injuries for a bit now. He seems to just play injured whenever he doesn't feel like playing. Least Berna shows up every game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Dressing and showing up are different things
    Maybe. I believe given the frequency and lengths of those absences, if they did involve any chicanery and were actually suspect, then TFC/MLS would certainly have availed themselves by engaging MLSPA injury protocols to eventually trigger the termination of Lollo's contract with prejudice. Personally, believe Lollo is a much better player technically than Fede. Yet Fede is personable and marketable; easily owning the personality face of the club if so wanted by any of the parties concerned. IDK if either player has been always showing up for each game they started, but the other night, if it wasn't for Fede, his efforts... Oso poaches nothing. And yes, Gavran was great, sort of, but that is entirely another discussion to be had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll reiterate that as far as my little birds are concerned, he's going nowhere. They don't want to buy out the deal and no one wants him at that money.

Meanwhile, Herdman explains the late start, says he wants to reboot Insigne.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/w...ff21c35db.html
    Finally, a new goal keeper coach!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Finally, a new goal keeper coach!
    Does seem so. Yet let's see if JC is actually gone or if he somehow survives any purge and is repurposed within the club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Does seem so. Yet let's see if JC is actually gone or if he somehow survives any purge and is repurposed within the club.
    100% repurposed. Probably get a chance to ruin younger keepers now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was JC on the bench on Saturday - I thought I spied him much farther down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think conway was on the bench the last few games it was david monsalve the tfc2 keeper coach

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    there was a long stretch where he was in full training yet not in any matchday squad.

it's unexplainable other than this.

also the injury mysteriously reappeared after the miami game.
    Many things are unexplainable with this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Many things are unexplainable with this club.
    He also wasn't in full training for most of that period, he was in spot. Even when he returned to "full" training with the others, he was doing load-balanced sessions because he was complaining of still feeling something.

I know people want everything in life to be black and white, but it usually isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice Jayden Nelson got a red last week and Rosenborg is having their worst season since 1977. He has a goal every 480 minutes, despite a decent CL qualifying campaign.

So they're getting a little more out of him but not a lot more. As their key piece this season, he's not sufficient.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Was JC on the bench on Saturday - I thought I spied him much farther down.
    No David Monsalve was serving in the GK coaching role, had been for a at least a few games. Spoke to David before the game.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mailula's former manager shits on his agent for letting him come here, but not for the reasons you'd imagine.

(Ah... I hate teasers too! He thinks he's stuck on the bench because he's behind the Italians and Kerr.)

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/spor...-october-2023/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mailula's former manager shits on his agent for letting him come here, but not for the reasons you'd imagine.

(Ah... I hate teasers too! He thinks he's stuck on the bench because he's behind the Italians and Kerr.)

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/spor...-october-2023/
    I agree it's ridiculous he's not playing more.

Start him and Prince on Saturday. Sit both Italians and let's see some change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree it's ridiculous he's not playing more.

Start him and Prince on Saturday. Sit both Italians and let's see some change.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he sits again.

Until Herdman takes over for the last game, they'll play the guys who are supposed to be trying to keep their jobs for next year.

Hernandez basically said it the day of the charlotte game, something along the lines of "we're determining who's going to be here going forward."

They just bought him and Owusu, and paid a pretty chunk of change for him. They're getting minutes to keep them in competitive shape, that's it.

But Herdman will want to show something in that one game, so I suspect we'll see him playing in the hole behind Owusu or wide if Insigne or Bernie is out.

Showed more pressing energy in 15 cameo minutes than the rest of the team did all game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be surprised if he sits again.

Until Herdman takes over for the last game, they'll play the guys who are supposed to be trying to keep their jobs for next year.

Hernandez basically said it the day of the charlotte game, something along the lines of "we're determining who's going to be here going forward.".
    They should already know the answer to this by now. Almost no one deserves to stay. What more would anyone need to see? And on top of that you're judging them playing Terry Tactics? Yeesh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    They should already know the answer to this by now. Almost no one deserves to stay. What more would anyone need to see? And on top of that you're judging them playing Terry Tactics? Yeesh.
    It's not for the existing folk, it's for Herdman. That's the only rationale I can see.

That, and they probably hope that by putting that out there, some of them will up their game at least enough to get some money back for them.

Not a lot of hope on that front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep.

“My job is at risk, let me kick the problem down the road as far as possible to extended my livelihood”
    - Manning and every person he’s ever hired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW... Latest rumour, early feelers by Lollo to Lazio. A Sarri and Immobile connect; likely contingent on Pedro moving on. Apart from getting out of Dodge, Lollo may have Euro (pazzo/crazy!) aspiration, would prefer to return to an Italian club; even for six months? Envisions a pathway given MNT circumstances and supposedly turned down a KSA opportunity! Willing to take a pay cut? My first cousin works for Il Messaggero; it's 'l'ultima voce che gira'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW... Latest rumour, early feelers by Lollo to Lazio. A Sarri and Immobile connect; likely contingent on Pedro moving on. Apart from getting out of Dodge, Lollo may have Euro (pazzo/crazy!) aspiration, would prefer to return to an Italian club; even for six months? Envisions a pathway given MNT circumstances and supposedly turned down a KSA opportunity! Willing to take a pay cut? My first cousin works for Il Messaggero; it's 'l'ultima voce che gira'.
    Sarri probably be out of work by next Monday so I wouldn't count on this happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sarri probably be out of work by next Monday so I wouldn't count on this happening.
    Possibly. Perhaps probably. Still, only 1pt behind city rivals Roma; 'The Special One' also struggling and in trouble. Middle of SerieA is tight; currently one match/3pts is the difference between 16th and 8th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope one of these rumors' ends up panning out. There's been so many of him leaving.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope one of these rumors' ends up panning out. There's been so many of him leaving.
    Can't see him leaving for anywhere really because his price tag versus what he brings to the table is terrible. I think he is here for the long term unless he gets fed up and mutually terminates his deal. I just see it like we traded away a DP spot for a few years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can see insigne taking a pay cut to return to serie a (may still include a payout).

just getting way too toxic and don't see it getting better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    can see insigne taking a pay cut to return to serie a (may still include a payout).

just getting way too toxic and don't see it getting better.
    I posted a long explanation of how I think we got here in the game thread, but basically this club coasted on arrogance and self-delusion for the last five years.

Bringing in the Italians showed the arrogant younger players and MLS lifers that they had no basis for their self-confidence, because they got to see real talent. But the Italians' were also arrogant and overconfident, having come from a tactically dense league, to one where their individual skill counted more than their game read.

So we now have only two types of player on the squad: arrogant and overconfident (Insigne, Bernardeschi, Ibarra) OR completely mentally crushed.

The whole first team has to go, basically. I mean, keep Oso, as he can at least adapt or recover enough to contribute. Maybe keep Franklin and Gavran as potential first-teamers in a year or two, when they're a little better.

The rest should probably be told to find new clubs, unless they like sitting every game. We had eight (six?) open roster spots for most of this season. Combine those with the half-dozen leaving due to contract expiring, and we have enough space to confine anyone else to permanent irrelevancy.

So force their agents' hands: make them fix their own problem by telling them that if they don't show immediate improvement in the last two games, they will start next year as presumed bench fodder, unless their agent can find another club or loan club that will take them.

The fans will better accept a losing team that is TRYING, made up of youth who DO have potential and DO know they need to get better, than one that just gives up.
    Last edited by jloome; 10-06-2023 at 11:18 AM.