Page 35 of 138 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 4129
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Not mad about this one as Mabika looks pretty solid.
    Yeah this one will work out for us but the main thing about it is how many other average or worse players do we have toiling for us that a good manager could coach up?

So far almost all the ones we moved out have gotten better in no time (minus Priso). At some point that should be addressed so we don't move somebody like Kerr for $100K just to watch him grab 10 goals or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't comprehend how Oso is getting $1.4mil, I respect him cause he's been with the club for a long time.......but this is not a charity. He is not pulling his 2018 numbers consistently, whoever gave him this contract should get fired.

MAK, $400,000 at most, I am sure nobody thought he would be this mediocre (and I am being generous). I am sure he got this pay because of his passport.

Ayo, comon I don't want to say to use a buy-out on him cause of whatever "potential" he got left, but that should be something to consider. He should give half of his pay to Pozuelo for all those spoon-feeding goals he got in 2020 leading to this contract. Ok, maybe I sound harsh, but this number is just not gonna cut it for a striker that can't even finish 10/10 times 8 yards in front of the goal.

Dio at $580,000 is a bit too much it seems, he gotta get a run of games, but as of right now this number isn't worth at all.

Hopefully CJ's salary drops when Nashville stops paying the majority of his pay. Great target striker, but he ain't gonna get younger.

Petretta got that number because of his resume and age, he looks like a solid defender that doesn't provide much offensively base on Bob's system. This is the result of lack of scouting for the FO, we should've looked at solid fullbacks within the league, what happened to signing the JMO's and Beita's of the league?

Richie is worth every penny, but too bad we can't give DP $ on a fullback in this league, there is just no way with max 3 DP's. I hope somehow he stays.

SJ is also worth every penny, great GK, day and night compared to the GKs we used to have.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK going to ask it cause a lot of MLS teams would although I don't know if the league would allow it

If the only way to keep him was this -

Richie as our 3rd DP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If our midfield and up front was solid, I would say yes only if we give him a front-loaded contract, then moving him back on TAM the year after. But as of right now we need reinforcements in the mid/forward, we need that DP spot there.

We gotta find a way to keep him, there must be another way....Bez pls work your magic....oh wait

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So many mental gymnastics going on here, stop defending the front office, just stop.

We have the highest payroll in the league with an record of a bottom feeder and doing worse than Montreal.

The bottom line is all that matters.
    Thank you for this post!
    I just can't express how much I agree with all you've said...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    OK going to ask it cause a lot of MLS teams would although I don't know if the league would allow it. If the only way to keep him was this - Richie as our 3rd DP?
    I say this as a hardcore Mamah-ist… There is a line, I have a line, that is the line; no!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK going to ask it cause a lot of MLS teams would although I don't know if the league would allow it

Richie as our 3rd DP?
    No. We're wasting enough money already at various positions. He might be a bright spot now but we're still garbage, injuries or not. Unless there's a fundamental shift in tactics and management there's really no point in doing anything this summer. Just would add more bad contracts to the mix. Stand pat, fail, repeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One goal doesn't make him a good player but keep in mind this isn't a one or the other. That's the great benefit of exceptionally cheap depth players our FO has missed since 2019, you get to stack a few of them on your team without it hurting you. That's, I still contest, where we've made our biggest mistakes in many ways under manning and bradley

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie as our 3rd DP?
    I would do it in a heartbeat. Richie is really good at soccer. He is an elite player, and elite in MLS.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The “MacNaughton for Mabika” equivalency is false. They weren’t traded for each other. We could have moved on from O'Neill, as an example, and would have both. CB depth is valuable.

Sapong is a type of player we should have signed, not traded for. It is a makeup deal because of the wasted Diomande signing.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The “MacNaughton for Mabika” equivalency is false. They weren’t traded for each other.
    I've come to the conclusion that MLS roster building is more

move a for b

move c for replacement of a

find c replacement internally

(we are not good enough at the 3rd line)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also - for what we are spending on Ayo, Diomande and Sapong, we could have had Giokoumakis, and some left over.

Think about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've come to the conclusion that MLS roster building is more

move a for b

move c for replacement of a

find c replacement internally

(we are not good enough at the 3rd line)
    Not in this case, though. As Ensco said, it's a false equivalency, MacNaughton was on 87,000. We didn't need to move him to make room for someone on shouldn't need to move someone like that to make room for someone on similar wages, that cap hit is very very low and the kind of cap hit depth that we should not be just getting rid of if they can get minutes at this level

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Not in this case, though. As Ensco said, it's a false equivalency, MacNaughton was on 87,000. We didn't need to move him to make room for someone on shouldn't need to move someone like that to make room for someone on similar wages, that cap hit is very very low and the kind of cap hit depth that we should not be just getting rid of if they can get minutes at this level
    Had to make the move to get a CF that sort of does something instead of the bunch we had who don't/can't. But as said above it was a make up move for the Diomande gaffe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also - for what we are spending on Ayo, Diomande and Sapong, we could have had Giokoumakis, and some left over.

Think about that.
    Now you're just being mean.

Best pure number 9 in the league.

I mean, for what the three are paid, we could've gotten Giakoumakis OR Bouanga.

But for that, we would require a scouting department doing its job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    If our midfield and up front was solid, I would say yes only if we give him a front-loaded contract, then moving him back on TAM the year after. But as of right now we need reinforcements in the mid/forward, we need that DP spot there.

We gotta find a way to keep him, there must be another way....Bez pls work your magic....oh wait
    I'm going to keep repeating this but Richie should be moved to Midfield on the right.

You know how team Canada has used Davies? That's how we should be using Richie now.

Especially since Franklin has really come about. Petretta and Franklin are more then capable fullbacks, bring Richie into the attack.. he is GREAT at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The “MacNaughton for Mabika” equivalency is false. They weren’t traded for each other. We could have moved on from O'Neill, as an example, and would have both. CB depth is valuable.

Sapong is a type of player we should have signed, not traded for. It is a makeup deal because of the wasted Diomande signing.
    Agreed. It was necessitated by the Sapong trade as opposed to an intended swap.

Let me say this this about MacNaughton. Didn’t hate him. Thought he might grow into a useful player. He’s still doing some of the same stuff in Nashville that caused people here to write-him off here (losing his man on corners, not following runs close enough). But Nashville has still only allowed 1 goal or less in the last 3 games he’s played. Why? Because 1) Nashville has midfielders that actually shield their backline and it’s not as difficult being a CB there as it is here 2) Gary Smith knows how to design a system to get the most out of his guys (and Bradley doesn’t)
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-18-2023 at 09:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to keep repeating this but Richie should be moved to Midfield on the right.

You know how team Canada has used Davies? That's how we should be using Richie now.

Especially since Franklin has really come about. Petretta and Franklin are more then capable fullbacks, bring Richie into the attack.. he is GREAT at it.
    Completely agree. Put Fede in the hole where he has some space to operate and can play off both Richie and Insigne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Completely agree. Put Fede in the hole where he has some space to operate and can play off both Richie and Insigne.
    Midfielder or winger?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is...he's our best CB available right now.

Hopefully on Saturday if Rosted can go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This makes a lot of sense to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is...he's our best CB available right now.

Hopefully on Saturday if Rosted can go.
    WHat's the deal with MAK? He was alright at CB.

Did he join Lower Body FC too?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've got a lot of depth players that are rotting on the vine instead of stepping up with our premier players napping or injured. To continue from another thread Ayo AND McNaughton may see better results if another MLS team needs depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, so far Mabika looks the more capable player. More talented, a better fit for us and he’s also 4 years younger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McNaughton named to the MLS Team of the Week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba scores a freekick in Saudi

DeRo gets a brace for DCU

We only think about the good times for those that leave.

Nobody remarks on the failures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayo Akinola was on the athletic’s list of worst underperformers in the league. So was Altidore, with a mention of how TFC is still paying about half of his wages.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Ayo Akinola was on the athletic’s list of worst underperformers in the league. So was Altidore, with a mention of how TFC is still paying about half of his wages.
    Still not sure how we're on the hook for any wages since his deal should have ended unless Curtis dumped a ton of options on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Still not sure how we're on the hook for any wages since his deal should have ended unless Curtis dumped a ton of options on him.
    Me either, but it helps explain why the budget is so fucked still.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Me either, but it helps explain why the budget is so fucked still.
    The Curtis legacy. The gift that keeps on giving.