Page 119 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Do you think his sacrifice means he has to be shown the door out of TFC or does TD get to return to his prior role?
    I'm sure it was worked out before hand that if it didn't work out with the first team, he would be allowed to return to his previous role. If not then he is a complete fool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCD Eindhoven View Post
    I’m told herdman is a done deal and that manning is driving things once again…
    Excuse me while I go and correct my mindset with a bottle of Johnnie Walker black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Berna looks to have just bought himself a BMW from Policaro. Confirmed he's staying put.
    This is an interesting share and telling if accurate. I know Seba has had a connect to the Policaro Group/CEO in the past. IIUC, one of their several Lux Brand Car/BMW dealerships is in South Etobicoke? There is also a link between Puma and BMW Motorsports- collaborations; though anything involving them and Puma may be more of a Lollo than Fede connect.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 08-24-2023 at 04:52 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I'm sure it was worked out before hand that if it didn't work out with the first team, he would be allowed to return to his previous role. If not then he is a complete fool.
    I would hope that agreement is in place

&

based on what we are seeing with the Senior Team, he isn't all that good for the academy either.

Might be time to consider a movement of TD into a different corporate role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an interesting share and telling if accurate. I know Seba has had a connect to the Policaro Group/CEO in the past. IIUC, one of their several Lux Brand Car/BMW dealerships is in South Etobicoke? There is also a link between Puma and BMW Motorsports- collaborations; though anything involving them and Puma may be more of a Lollo than Fede connect.
    Policaro Group has many divisions, including Motion Endeavors in Oakville, which sells luxury/ super cars, i.e Ferrari, McLaren, Lamborghini, Ford GT, Porches etc. They also own Porche Oakville, BMW Etobicoke, BMW Brampton, and more.

Giovinco had a deal with Policaro in the beginning, where he was a brand ambassador. But I know that the two families are quite friendly now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    based on what we are seeing with the Senior Team, he isn't all that good for the academy either.

Might be time to consider a movement of TD into a different corporate role.
    He is one of the reasons we produce little to nothing of note from the academy. Instead of hiring people with a background in developing youth players we hand out these gigs to any likeable (and agreeable) former player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    Policaro Group has many divisions, including Motion Endeavors in Oakville, which sells luxury/ super cars, i.e Ferrari, McLaren, Lamborghini, Ford GT, Porches etc. They also own Porche Oakville, BMW Etobicoke, BMW Brampton, and more.

Giovinco had a deal with Policaro in the beginning, where he was a brand ambassador. But I know that the two families are quite friendly now.
    Insigne bought a new car too.

Must have been new car day.

Anyway as much as its frustrating for all the teams record, we have to remember that Insigne and Berna have only been here for a year really. Not that long of time.

If Busquets, Alba and Messi can all still play at 35/36 years old, no reason to think Insigne (32) and Berna (29) won't be able to play in another year in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Insigne bought a new car too.

Must have been new car day.

Anyway as much as its frustrating for all the teams record, we have to remember that Insigne and Berna have only been here for a year really. Not that long of time.

If Busquets, Alba and Messi can all still play at 35/36 years old, no reason to think Insigne (32) and Berna (29) won't be able to play in another year in this league.

I think all parties TFC, Insgine and FB realize they arent going anywhere (not by choice). The policaro purchase could be another marketing gimmick as this is probably one of the only ways to keep these players happy while trying to build their brand.

I do want to say I do believe in FB- seems like a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and when TFC wasnt winning it seemed to really affect him- he wasnt the same joyous player- I understand he had a lot of bad press around him but the vape story leaking (sounds like a manning type move).

I know a lot of people here were done with him- but he is only one of 2 players who can strike the ball and hit on target outside the 18 yard box ( last time TFC had this was Jozy). I dont blame him as the environment was toxic before he arrived, the losing magnified his attitude where as we all know how low quality players he has been surrounded with- which could speak to him trying to do it all while not being supporter from players on TFC.

the most important thing is - after his 2 goals he showed up to a kids hospital and gave his time- to me this doesnt seem like a person would do this if they wanted out( I believe he sees maybe light at the end of the tunnel after scoring those two goals)

we could be seeing the old FB back- maybe for half a game before things go bad again.

and last comment- I mentioned this since BOB started coaching- last year was over looked because TFC was scoring- but again the three italians scored goals based on individual performance vs team play.

same thing again- after 9 games of not scoring TFC scored 2 but again brilliant individual performance rather then team play unfortunately which means TFC most likely wont score 2 goals again LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    and last comment- I mentioned this since BOB started coaching- last year was over looked because TFC was scoring- but again the three italians scored goals based on individual performance vs team play.
    Last year the kids we had were better offensively than what we have now in midfield (but less defensively responsible) and we also had JJ who the Italians probably didn't like & ignored but he was still there and doing something that no forward has done since.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JJ hasn't done that since either...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JJ hasn't done that since either...
    We got lucky for half a season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    We got lucky for half a season.
    For sure. JJ had, from memory, some absolutely absurd shots:goals ratio. I imagine in the first half of the season he outperformed his xG by an amount most strikers won't get in a lifetime of playing.

I don't think he's a bad player, but that was a freak run that I wouldn't back him to match in that kind of team basically ever again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Herdman would actually be another interim to get us to the end of the season with at least a win or two for the ticket reps to show to the SSHs that they're improving. Could this be a way for the CSA to temporarily stop paying him a salary to save some money and get their books in order?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I wonder if Herdman would actually be another interim to get us to the end of the season with at least a win or two for the ticket reps to show to the SSHs that they're improving. Could this be a way for the CSA to temporarily stop paying him a salary to save some money and get their books in order?
    Nah, if he comes he's here for at least 2 years I figure.

He isn't the worst choice. The podcast mentioned he would inject some life & Motivation into the locker room which I agree with. Whereas Bob was too robotic and Dunfield just seems kinda quiet and too nice.

Its Herdmans tactics which are a big question mark.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I think he will be an unofficial interim anyways because I think as soon as he gets a sniff from a Championship side or offered a decent assistant role in the EPL, he is out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll still say it's a priority to get a competent striker and an attack minded central midfielder if we want to get the best out of the Italians. If their obsession with overly long cross field passes to find each other doesn't scream "I have no confidence in anyone in the middle of the park" I don't know what does. That in turn leads them to start playing in a way that isn't their strong suit and it screams "waste of money" to me from a TFC perspective if we don't give them what they believe they need.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    If their obsession with overly long cross field passes to find each other doesn't scream "I have no confidence in anyone in the middle of the park" I don't know what does.
    A smart manager would have noticed that and shifted one of them centrally but here we are.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked #TFCLive    interim coach Terry Dunfield for an update on Seba. Here’s what he said:

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/sta...0xpFqQIvA&s=19

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    I asked #TFCLive    interim coach Terry Dunfield for an update on Seba. Here’s what he said:

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/sta...0xpFqQIvA&s=19
    String this along for another 3-4 weeks and then sign Giovinco to play in the last match and get extra social media engagement for nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A smart manager would have noticed that and shifted one of them centrally but here we are.....
    My understanding is they did talk with Fede about it and he felt he'd be productive from the right, so Dunfield left him there.

He did switch him in a couple of games to a central role, but in both, he drifted back to the right side fairly quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

String this along for another 3-4 weeks and then sign Giovinco to play in the last match and get extra social media engagement for nothing.
    TFC needs all the feel-good stories it can get these days. This team is the biggest joke in the league and is lucky a single soul is willing to show up at BMO to watch that thrash.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still think our most obvious need is 2 starting 2 CB's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still think our most obvious need is 2 starting 2 CB's.
    We’ve been playing without a striker all season. Two starting CBs sounds like our best potential is nil nil draws.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expected? FYI / FWIW…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expected? FYI / FWIW…

Either our medical/physio group gotta be put on the stand to figure out what they do day-to-day to help aid in such a high injury rate with our players ... lol or all these players are pulling the scene from slap shot movie when the goalie picks up the phone and says "trade me right fkn now" and hangs up lol, and this language is code word for giving a player some time off/leeway to collect their thoughts and reset mentally lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Trying to explain this matter to a casual...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    My understanding is they did talk with Fede about it and he felt he'd be productive from the right, so Dunfield left him there. He did switch him in a couple of games to a central role, but in both, he drifted back to the right side fairly quickly.
    Yeah. IMO, TFC need to convince Lollo that in the interim, until season end, they need him to give it a real go in the hole; I will even take a compromise of just one half each match. He is TFC’s best dribbler as well as, experience wise, their quickest and most accurate passer/shuttler. I would like to see Fede on the LW, but Cash seems to be very good with both feet. So I am good with…

———PO——
    -CM—LI—FB-
    ——FI—AC—-
    KF-AM-LS-LB
    ——-TR———

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvistheEvilScotsman View Post
    We’ve been playing without a striker all season. Two starting CBs sounds like our best potential is nil nil draws.

Until we get a decent defence set, scoring 2 is gonna mean losing 4-2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Until we get a decent defence set, scoring 2 is gonna mean losing 4-2.
    Overall though our GD & GA are not that bad. With the removal of dead weight like Bradley & Osorio, we could probably set up a decent amount of midfield cover.

Fact remains; we were allowing 1-2 GA all year and if we continue to score zero, we don't have a chance of winning ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall though our GD & GA are not that bad. With the removal of dead weight like Bradley & Osorio, we could probably set up a decent amount of midfield cover.

Fact remains; we were allowing 1-2 GA all year and if we continue to score zero, we don't have a chance of winning ever.
    Yeah we need scoring desperately. The only drama in our games these days is whether we can hold out for nil-nil.