Page 88 of 138 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Oh, we’ve come full circle on this now have we? Good to know, cause I thought he was already in Europe from all the offers we got last offseason.

Fucking idiots.
    Nah, I reckon this was a dead smart announcement.

The players who don't want to move will play for their jobs. The players who do want to move will play to be put in the window.

And now the only player all the ex-jock gms know they for sure want is JMR, because we don't want to sell him.

This would be what I would judge a pretty calculated leak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, we’ve come full circle on this now have we? Good to know, cause I thought he was already in Europe from all the offers we got last offseason.

Fucking idiots.
    it was jus a opinion by singh,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Nah, I reckon this was a dead smart announcement.

The players who don't want to move will play for their jobs. The players who do want to move will play to be put in the window.

And now the only player all the ex-jock gms know they for sure want is JMR, because we don't want to sell him.

This would be what I would judge a pretty calculated leak.
    Okay, I’ll buy that. But I still think a sale to Rosenborg or the like would be best. If he has no real career, it’s our management that’s to blame. Wouldn’t be the first… just the most baroque of plot lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With my luck this'll mean an offer today, but I noticed this in one of the English papers:

"According to Venerato, Napoli’s interest in him isn’t as serious as reported elsewhere. In fact, the journalist says it was the 24-year-old who ‘offered’ himself to Rudi Garcia’s side, just like Toronto FC’s Federico Bernardeschi.The Naples club have bookmarked the possibility to sign the duo, but haven’t taken any steps so far."

So... it may not be the case that Bologna and Napoli are interested so much as Fede's agent has approached them. If that's the case, we might be stuck with him for a while yet.
    Here’s the quote. Claudio Fennuci:

“He’s a great player and we like him. The negotiation is between him and Toronto. If he can find an agreement to go on loan, we’ll be there, even if other Italian teams like him,” revealed Fenucci (via DAZN).”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Here’s the quote. Claudio Fennuci:

“He’s a great player and we like him. The negotiation is between him and Toronto. If he can find an agreement to go on loan, we’ll be there, even if other Italian teams like him,” revealed Fenucci (via DAZN).”
    That sounds like "well, we have the budget to pay him a certain x amount if he wants to come here but we are not going to pay him more then x to make the move happen"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I'm told he was basically gone to Monaco in Ligue 1, but they wanted him as a prospect, not a first-team player. Here, his club and he both get more money and he gets to play regularly. The apparent math was that since he's 22 and MLS now sells plenty of players to Europe, taking considerably less money to be a loan player for a few years didn't make as much sense.

So our lower standard is also our gain in this case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

San Jose has a purchase option, so here's hoping he actually scores a goal or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ayo akingoala we hardly knew ya

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Hernandez I trust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank goodness. He needs to fight for his spot there. He's never going to be a competitive striker without some new guidance and a fresh start.

I mean, I suspect he never will be, too many holes in his game, too many years as a youth winger, not enough time as a number nine.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hernandez is working quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quakes' fitness coach chain-smoking cigarettes as we speak.

Ayo doesn't even look like a professional footballer anymore. Kid was a unit in 2019, now even XXL shirts arent fooling anyone. Unless Doyle becomes part owner in San Jose, Ayo will be TFC's problem again next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good move by Hernandez. Plus picking up the international spot without having to buy it. Picking up those valuable slots that Bob just gave away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hernandez isn't afraid to make moves. Like what he has done so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Quakes' fitness coach chain-smoking cigarettes as we speak.

Ayo doesn't even look like a professional footballer anymore. Kid was a unit in 2019, now even XXL shirts arent fooling anyone. Unless Doyle becomes part owner in San Jose, Ayo will be TFC's problem again next year.
    He's not overweight. They fat- and fit-test players regularly.

He has the same build as Colin Samuel. He's mostly muscle but built like a little tank, so he looks heavyset.

I would argue, hypothetically, that having Jozy for a mentor was not good for his development. Jozy did the same thing, put on more bulk than was required, and it affected his movement. (And people also regularly said he was overweight.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not overweight. They fat- and fit-test players regularly.

He has the same build as Colin Samuel. He's mostly muscle but built like a little tank, so he looks heavyset.

I would argue, hypothetically, that having Jozy for a mentor was not good for his development. Jozy did the same thing, put on more bulk than was required, and it affected his movement. (And people also regularly said he was overweight.)
    All I remember is Ayo looking like the most gassed player coming into a game full of tired players. The guy can barely run, how he made it as a pro I will never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this is one of those last gasp hopes to make things work. No downside I suppose but suspect he returns and ends up being a buyout candidate in the offseason.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Hernandez isn't afraid to make moves. Like what he has done so far.
    Agreed, smart moves. Reminds me of what Bez did in the early days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this is one of those last gasp hopes to make things work. No downside I suppose but suspect he returns and ends up being a buyout candidate in the offseason.
    Yeah, they're taking a flyer on his much-vaunted potential. But he hasn't improved much in the last five years. Take away Poz's through balls and some bad defending during the MLS Is Back tourney and there's not much to show for keeping him.

I suspect you're right and they'll just eat the rest of his deal. For one, it's so large that San Jose will expect him to produce nearly immediately. If he ends the season without goals and assists, which seems likely, I can't see them popping 700K a season(!) for him.

Good lord. Along with Diomande and Mista, the worst three contracts TFC has ever doled out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Dom Dwyer was pretty bad too IIRC. Why we give two year contracts to guys who have no negotiating power I will never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahmed Kantari on 350k in 2015 (in the pre-TAM era) also up there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Ahmed Kantari on 350k in 2015 (in the pre-TAM era) also up there
    Oh yeah, he was fucking dreadful. How that guy ever made it to Ligue 2 (albeit the worst team) is beyond any comprehension. I remember him misjudging a long ball, even though they were on grass, and it bouncing at least ten feet over his head and thinking "ah shit, we got taken."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, they're taking a flyer on his much-vaunted potential. But he hasn't improved much in the last five years. Take away Poz's through balls and some bad defending during the MLS Is Back tourney and there's not much to show for keeping him.

I suspect you're right and they'll just eat the rest of his deal. For one, it's so large that San Jose will expect him to produce nearly immediately. If he ends the season without goals and assists, which seems likely, I can't see them popping 700K a season(!) for him.

Good lord. Along with Diomande and Mista, the worst three contracts TFC has ever doled out.
    Jozys reup is the worst and by some margin for my money, we flushed, what, nearly 10m down the drain on that? Insignes may end up in that territory just given the size of it, but that is TBD

Hernadez pulling off a miracle and actually getting us something in return for Ayo is huge. So far I continue to see all the small moves he's made as wins, which makes a nice change from before
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 07-25-2023 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hernandez hasn't placed a foot wrong so far! Chipping away at the convoluted pile of shit Bob left us with in what seems to be strategic fashion. I also have a weird feeling this South African kid will come good, the highlights showed a fast player with a nose for goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kantari was the interim coach of Valenciennes at the end of 22-23 and got 1.5ppg over the last 8 games to ensure survival in L2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    All I remember is Ayo looking like the most gassed player coming into a game full of tired players. The guy can barely run, how he made it as a pro I will never know.
    He's 5'8 and 89 kilos. He's carrying way too much muscle bulk. Two hundred pounds at that height?