Page 108 of 138 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Yea or if he stays I really hope he just sees like Messi, Busquets etc all playing hard and having fun. I do feel like there is a Messi effect to rub off on players
    I'm not sure that'll happen with him. I think the enfant terrible shit is just his actual personality, like any number of toxic footballers in the past.

He's in a difficult position. He has possibly convinced himself he is above all this shit while simultaneously being unable to demonstrate it on the field. So he's probably fairly conflicted right now. He's been an absolute star since he was a teenager, making enormous amounts of money (more than he makes here at Juventus).

So, he's probably pretty mixed up, emotionally, but clearly dealing an inability to prove his greatness. If he blamed all his teammates internally I wouldn't be surprised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Kevin-Prince Boateng?

I'm a Milan fan and will always remember this goal.

https://youtu.be/aaEoDa2XYPA

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Kevin-Prince Boateng?
    As I already mentioned above, they signed the wrong German prince.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea how legit this guy is. But, this makes a lot of sense based on how the league is moving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only if TFC knows how to manage another DP spot.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    No idea how legit this guy is. But, this makes a lot of sense based on how the league is moving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems adamant/firm in his position; from a source. He clarified in Y24 Season... 4TH DP and <EDIT:> budget increase to 7M; GAM & TAM remain. Interesting if accurate. Suppose it may become known as the Suarez Rule?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 08-07-2023 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 4TH DP changes everything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he said its going from the $5,200,000 million now to $7,000,000 million. Not a $7 million increase. At least from that twitter thread is what hes saying. So thats literally nothing with the biggest player in the league coming in. Seems they may also be keeping TAM and GAM
    Last edited by Valdal; 08-07-2023 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is true. The once Berna is transferred out. Wed buy down Osorio or trade him and have 3 open DP spots with literally millions to spend

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4th dp and more GAM makes a big rebuild a ton easier.

sell berna, buy down oso, you have 3 DP spots, likely 2 u22 init spots.

just don't let bill manning near anything

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tom bogert says tfc still a very attractive jobs for managers on TTID tonight, has had free agent managers reach out to him asking whether toronto would be interested, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    Yeah he said its going from the $5,200,000 million now to $7,000,000 million. Not a $7 million increase. At least from that twitter thread is what hes saying. So thats literally nothing with the biggest player in the league coming in. Seems they may also be keeping TAM and GAM
    The salary increase isn't massive, but if they allow 4 traditional DPs and the 3 u-22 initiative players without the technicalities of a DP being u-23 or at a sub 1.6 million dollar salary, the league takes a big step. Imagine (hypothetically) TFC with the equivalent of prime Bradley, Jozy and Seba with say Cassius Mailula, Ibarra and Caden Clark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    tom bogert says tfc still a very attractive jobs for managers on TTID tonight, has had free agent managers reach out to him asking whether toronto would be interested, etc.
    Clearly its Nagelsmann, Zidane or Gallardo - all been waiting it out for the big gig at TFC and had to reach out to Tommy Scoops to see if they might be worthy to receive one of the elusive Manning wine n dine steak dinners complete with a drake name drop for dessert.
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 08-08-2023 at 01:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The salary increase isn't massive, but if they allow 4 traditional DPs and the 3 u-22 initiative players without the technicalities of a DP being u-23 or at a sub 1.6 million dollar salary, the league takes a big step. Imagine (hypothetically) TFC with the equivalent of prime Bradley, Jozy and Seba with say Cassius Mailula, Ibarra and Caden Clark.
    Agree. But also, your 'relative' seems to be suggesting about a 3+M? < EDIT: increase to > total roster spend if it's adopted from the following highlighted sliding scale already scheduled by the MLS for 2027 across all their cap mechanisms. So perhaps more interesting?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 08-08-2023 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An 1.8 million increase over 5.2 million may not seem that big of a raise. BUT
    the fact that the said increase is shortened from happening over a projected four year period (2023-2027) into a single year IS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    An 1.8 million increase over 5.2 million may not seem that big of a raise. BUT
    the fact that the said increase is shortened from happening over a projected four year period (2023-2027) into a single year IS.
    I think it’s definitely game changing. When you take that incremental $1.8 million and spread it across different players in the roster it basically means MLS teams can have a bit more depth than they could before. So with proper roster construction you should have less situations like a starter going down and instantly being replaced by a player of less than half the quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I wish they'd just scrap the GAM/TAM and make the 'Available Roster Spend' the cap. I know it'd mess up all though make-believe money trades (which would probably just be a good thing), but it'd make it make so much easier to follow

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I wish they'd just scrap the GAM/TAM and make the 'Available Roster Spend' the cap. I know it'd mess up all though make-believe money trades (which would probably just be a good thing), but it'd make it make so much easier to follow
    The owners apparently discussed the idea of a simple cap but no announcement. Many older and cheaper owner/operators are against that idea, would prefer slow incremental changes.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I hate this only little salary cap change, the 4th DP is massive. 4 DP's are going to change the dynamic of many teams whom have money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before getting excited, is this getting reported anywhere with any credibility?

I'm skeptical they would do a 4th DP. If they do make changes, I hope it's just a big bump of the base - either a direct bump, or by giving alot more TAM, the latter being more their style as it helps keep the wages down of the low earners which MLS very aggressively tries to do

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post

I'm skeptical they would do a 4th DP. If they do make changes, I hope it's just a big bump of the base - either a direct bump, or by giving alot more TAM, the latter being more their style as it helps keep the wages down of the low earners which MLS very aggressively tries to do
    I've seen it mentioned around a lot so it has legs and it's exactly what the cheap owners will force. What they definitely do not want is an overall bump but I heard the TAM amount will also rise along with the little cap bump and extra DP slot. I actually figured they'd do 5 DPs but whatever.

The important issue not addressed yet is transfer fees. Unless they kill them being amortized against the cap then it kind of negates the gains. Let teams who want to pay for players do it without it making TAM or boarderline max players DPs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 4th dp spot sounds like a compromise with cheap owners tbh, which makes this sound more plausible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post

No. This is total bullshit. They're still in discussions and likely will be for months, they haven't concluded anything.

People need to stop jumping on Tweets. Look at the source. Do they have any track record, any institutional responsibility, anything to indicate they might be reliable at all?

No, usually not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Figured it was worth the conversation. It was retweeted by a NYCFC ITK who seems to call all of their transfers beforehand.
    Yeah also just interesting to discuss bc hard to see some of these changes not happening in the next couple years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThreeTwo View Post
    Clearly its Nagelsmann, Zidane or Gallardo - all been waiting it out for the big gig at TFC and had to reach out to Tommy Scoops to see if they might be worthy to receive one of the elusive Manning wine n dine steak dinners complete with a drake name drop for dessert.
    Lol. I almost spat out my water when I read that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean bogert is about as reliable as you can get for MLS so not sure what your point here is.

And obv a big free agent manager for mls standards Gallardo and Zidane never coming to mls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    No. This is total bullshit. They're still in discussions and likely will be for months, they haven't concluded anything.

People need to stop jumping on Tweets. Look at the source. Do they have any track record, any institutional responsibility, anything to indicate they might be reliable at all?

No, usually not.
    Thank you!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean bogert is about as reliable as you can get for MLS so not sure what your point here is.

And obv a big free agent manager for mls standards Gallardo and Zidane never coming to mls.
    Just some light fun, agreed toms one of the more reliable guys in the league

Was just poking fun sarcastically at our club atm- agreed that none of those guys are moving to NA anytime soon lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just some light fun, agreed toms one of the more reliable guys in the league

Was just poking fun sarcastically at our club atm- agreed that none of those guys are moving to NA anytime soon lol

fair. yeah i hope bill never wines and dines anyone on our behalf ever again lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fair. yeah i hope bill never wines and dines anyone on our behalf ever again lol
    Oh he will. You can bet that's going to happen. We hire nobody important without them requiring that.