Page 123 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    So I guess barring any last minute moves, Berna and Insigne are staying put? The deadline is on a few days no?
    Euro deadline is today
    Saudi deadline is September 20

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Started and played the first 45. Needed a run out after missing a few games and being on the bench Wednesday especially with the Reds off for two weeks.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little bird tells me the Insigne "bust up" was him being mildly annoyed with himself coming off a drill.

No media were present, so the leak was clearly another player or staff. Several of the leaks have been minor, normal things that have been blown far beyond what they were.

But their internal policy is to let the player decide if they want it addressed.

In this case, Insigne didn't want to justify it or lend any credibility to the original source by commenting on it, I am told. He considered it minor.

I made the point that in the public we DO see the effect of that stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    A little bird tells me the Insigne "bust up" was him being mildly annoyed with himself coming off a drill.

No media were present, so the leak was clearly another player or staff. Several of the leaks have been minor, normal things that have been blown far beyond what they were.

But their internal policy is to let the player decide if they want it addressed.

In this case, Insigne didn't want to justify it or lend any credibility to the original source by commenting on it, I am told. He considered it minor.

I made the point that in the public we DO see the effect of that stuff.
    Thanks again for being our TFC beat reporter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone who watched Lukas MacNaughton in the last few games for Nashville, he's learned a lot there. His positioning an read of the game has improved massively.

He won them a last second penalty tonight through sheer force of will basically.

Bad, bad decision getting rid of him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^didnt see this, answered it in the other thread but exactly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone who watched Lukas MacNaughton in the last few games for Nashville, he's learned a lot there. His positioning an read of the game has improved massively.

Like the suddenly NT class players at Miami who were woeful before Messi got there, MacNaughton would not have gotten to the level he has if he remained at TFC.

Nashville is very good at teaching players defensive responsibility - nobody else comes close.

Right now, Miami is very very good at teaching players about space (I have my doubts as to how much of that is Martinez)

Nancy is very good at teaching people about ball movement.

I look around the rest of the league and I see coaches successful at bringing out the best of what their players have. Even when a team is dominant (LAFC under Bradley - DCU a couple of year under Olson - Philly under Curtin - LAG under Arena - TFC under Vanney - Schmetzer at Seattle), they have been playing with what they got - at best, they brought in players to play to those strengths - or streamed out ones that didn't fit in the academy. That's why there is a whole lot of talk about "playing our way".

As we have discussed a lot lately, most MLS coaching relies upon current personal characteristics and simply moulding those - very very few coaches / situations focus on tactical responsibility & craft.

Note: Herdman's whole thing is moulding current capabilities together - we will only be as good as our recruitment
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 09-03-2023 at 07:56 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, same goes for Shaff - he was never going to get good here simply because his natural position was always going to be behind our biggest DP.

BUT, he is actually still only releasing his current capability because Nashville doesn't teach space or anything offensive.

I think Shaff if he was at Miami right now....he'd be getting European offers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ & ^^ So following that same rationale…. BB and CA, BM should have just said we are in a rebuild to make the team “our way”. Instead, they dumped potential assets for fire sales, took on just ridiculous contracts and finally injuries did them in. Optically BM could never say we are re-building…. We are 3 1/2 years into a transition and now we start again. He genuinely needs to go…. We dont need a cheerleader, we need an executive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Note: Herdman's whole thing is moulding current capabilities together - we will only be as good as our recruitment
    Not sure how you'd measure or quantify what he does enough to reach this conclusion.

For one, it's counterintuitive. He spent his first decade as a youth and development coach.

For another, he's only managed national teams, so would only be given a limited chance to improve or change technique and decisions. He's getting guys for less than four days per month on average, even taking a couple of large camps per year into account.

So it has to be premature to reach that conclusion.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it has to be premature to reach that conclusion.
    Fair enough...but its equally conjecture to say he will go back to something he did 15(?) years ago? We shall see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Summer of Perruzza
    (scores against TFC2's Adisa De Rosario who is also on loan)

Last edited by rydermike; 09-04-2023 at 01:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Annnd the loanee scoring continues, as Luke Singh his the tally of his life from a volley for Ottawa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the team is on a bit of a break as Berna and Insigne are vacationing in South Beach Miami together with their families.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But according to most of the reporting, Athletic et al., don’t they dislike/hate each other?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    I guess the team is on a bit of a break as Berna and Insigne are vacationing in South Beach Miami together with their families.
    Yep, i was on the same flight. They were about 5 rows in front of me. Didn’t want to say anything earlier as I didn’t want to break any news (plus everyone has the right to a bit of privacy).

They were literally just hanging out by the gate before we boarded, haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    But according to most of the reporting, Athletic et al., don’t they dislike/hate each other?
    The vast, vast majority of sport reporting is pure conjecture and bullshit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    or just agenda pushing by agents/ clubs etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yep, i was on the same flight. They were about 5 rows in front of me. Didn’t want to say anything earlier as I didn’t want to break any news (plus everyone has the right to a bit of privacy).

They were literally just hanging out by the gate before we boarded, haha.
    Ha, that's funny. Definitely suggests some of the stories we've heard are false.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Indeed. I mean all that reporting by some of the recent usual suspects about Lollo supposedly losing it on Kerr. Lo and behold Dunfield reveals in the match presser that Kerr actually had a sit down with Hernandez essentially about his play and future at TFC and then was scratched for a match as a message. Perhaps I missed it, but I have yet to come across anyone in the media discussing or mentioning that situation; even against his latest performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Ha, that's funny. Definitely suggests some of the stories we've heard are false.
    When I was told about the Insigne blowup thing being horseshit, the same source said they have an ongoing issue of someone who works there leaking grossly exaggerated shit.

They haven't figured out who it is, but it has to be staff or a player because most of the stories are based on a kernel of truth, like Insigne being pissed at himself at the end of the drill, telling Dunfield he was heading inside and that being turned into "blew up at Dunfield."

The bigger issue is that certain media outlets just report this shit as gospel, because they don't really care about whether it's true, just how many people read it. They justify it to themselves as "he's a good source, he's in the club," but there's no real attempt being made to debunk, to test the source's quality.

It's just a microcosm of the media ecosystem right now, which is barely functional after a decade of gossip, and the market being saturated on behalf of newly invested readers; and most of those new consumers favor social media gossip that confirms their pre-existing beliefs. Most of them didn't consume real news when it was the norm, because it required effort, thought and knowledge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Right. That's corporate PR. I file that under bullshit, personally.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They haven't figured out who it is, but it has to be staff or a player because most of the stories are based on a kernel of truth... .
    Oh boy...an employee telling stuff to the media anonymously that puts the company in a bad light is in the top 4 of an HR team's worst situations. You can't trust everybody, you can't talk about the problem, you spend hours going over "who knew that?" scenarios that makes you distrust people you should be trusting, and everybody walks around scared they might be blamed and fired.

People who pull that BS for this long are unusual though - most times the true psychopaths or sociopaths or just outright overly ambitious bastards keep their nasty workings behind the scenes. (politics is the one exception in my experience)

Usually people who do the "tell the papers" stuff from within leave quickly as they do it from a position of a perceived lack of acceptance. You have to be slightly delusional to think you can get away with this for long. Either that or you have an exit strategy already or just know you are going anyways and then are just trying to burn it all down behind you in order for you to consider yourself a hero - a lot of these people watch too many revenge fantasy movies.

I'm not going to speculate on who but I would not be surprised if this talk stops next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was told about the Insigne blowup thing being horseshit, the same source said they have an ongoing issue of someone who works there leaking grossly exaggerated shit.

They haven't figured out who it is, but it has to be staff or a player because most of the stories are based on a kernel of truth, like Insigne being pissed at himself at the end of the drill, telling Dunfield he was heading inside and that being turned into "blew up at Dunfield."

The bigger issue is that certain media outlets just report this shit as gospel, because they don't really care about whether it's true, just how many people read it. They justify it to themselves as "he's a good source, he's in the club," but there's no real attempt being made to debunk, to test the source's quality.

It's just a microcosm of the media ecosystem right now, which is barely functional after a decade of gossip, and the market being saturated on behalf of newly invested readers; and most of those new consumers favor social media gossip that confirms their pre-existing beliefs. Most of them didn't consume real news when it was the norm, because it required effort, thought and knowledge.
    Reminds me of Bayern and their relationship with Bild - especially when Nagelsmann was there and his gf was a reporter with bild- even if it wasn’t him directly being the mole, they clearly had other ears on the ground because they reported some of the dumbest stuff that was making mountains out of molehills and driving drama where it didn’t need to be

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh boy...an employee telling stuff to the media anonymously that puts the company in a bad light is in the top 4 of an HR team's worst situations….

I'm not going to speculate on who but I would not be surprised if this talk stops next year.
    I have a speculation but will save it for another time. Suspect we are having the same thought and yeah, I think the guy who might be doing it won’t be here next year either.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, just to stir the pot for laughs… who is Herdman's captain for the three October games?

Herdman has an interesting call to make here. The obvious is to leave it with MB and do nothing (until next year at least anyway) … but he is all about culture reset and these types of things have can large signalling value.

One thing CMNT watchers know - Herdman LOVES large signalling value situations….
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    So, just to stir the pot for laughs… who is Herdman's captain for the three October games?

Herdman has an interesting call to make here. The obvious is to leave it with MB and do nothing (until next year at least anyway) … but he is all about culture reset and these types of things have can large signalling value.

One thing CMNT watchers know - Herdman LOVES large signalling value situations….
    You'd think he'd stick with Michael until the end of the year and reassess when he knows what his squad looks like next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'd think he'd stick with Michael until the end of the year and reassess when he knows what his squad looks like next year.
    Probably. But I wonder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Captain would be Bradley unless he decides to not put him in the starting lineup. Next season, different story