Page 94 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can’t we hire a f-ing coach before we retool? We have a rookie GM who will no doubt make mistakes and may or may not know what he’s doing (he seems to have a plan or at least a set, general orientation), but he shouldn’t play both coach and GM roles unless he’s overeager for power. We need a really good and proven coach with the leeway to shape a team.

The model for cleaning house without a coach is a total abstraction. If it continues we will become a destination only for rookie coaches and those desperate for any gig. Buy-out Diomande, etc but a remake without a coach on top of a season and a half of a failed remake with failed tweaks doesn’t sound smart to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Going to be bleak though with maybe 1 guy out of the 11 being somebody that should be around next season.
    I believe their list of must-keeps is basically non-existent at this point.

They're really stuck because of the Italians. If no one wants to take them with wage relief, we don't get a free slot for them anyway. They need to be gone two years before a team also gets wage relief under MLS regs.

So we either sell them for a big loss or we pray they come around under a new manager, with enough supporting pieces around them. I can't see that happening with Bernardeschi; he's only got two years left, $12.5M total. They'll eat half that, I imagine, to get rid of him.

Insigne might go because of demand, but having so many injuries isn't helping that.

I think we'll see a lot of movement in the offseason but they're not going to panic buy anyone now because the season is a wash.

I don't think it's a surprise they mentioned his "humility, grit, and ambition" in Mailula's press release. We have a team full of kids who think they made it the day they signed, being "led" by two pampered, overpaid b-grade euro stars.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks like a good piece. I could see a great addition that we don't have to throw all our hopes on to.

Let the kids play out their season. Show the CPL or USL what they can do.

Our MLS level talent is a bust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone currently on Juve that TFC would be interested in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still think Italians are salvageable if the right changes are made with the coach and president. Undeniable talent, and they lit up the league last year. That doesn't just disappear. And I'd rather see them try and make it work, while looking to sell if possible, than light money on fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I am ok with getting hammered by Atlas and the final games but put 11 players on the pitch that want to wear the badge.
    I suspect that if wanting to wear the badge was a requisite to play, the club wouldn't be able to field an XI and would need to forfeit. I don't know why anyone would want to play for this club right now.

Although the 3-0 loss awarded would be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Anyone currently on Juve that TFC would be interested in?
    Bonucci has been told to find a new team. I would not even be surprised.
    Last edited by Bobo; 07-28-2023 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I suspect that if wanting to wear the badge was a requisite to play, the club wouldn't be able to field an XI and would need to forfeit. I don't know why anyone would want to play for this club right now.

Although the 3-0 loss awarded would be an improvement.

Put me on the pitch, I will play for badge, I will gas out in 5 min but that's more effort than what Mabika or all the players last game did.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, I don't know if the brass get the Mabika thing but its got legs around the league.....he's basically toast as far as a trade is concerned.

Its too bad because he had the most potential but as somebody said on twitter..."It takes a lot to give up 3 times on one play".

Interesting not seeing any tape of "the Friday before the match" interviews. Were journos at practice today?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeh, I don't know if the brass get the Mabika thing but its got legs around the league.....he's basically toast as far as a trade is concerned.

Its too bad because he had the most potential but as somebody said on twitter..."It takes a lot to give up 3 times on one play".

Interesting not seeing any tape of "the Friday before the match" interviews. Were journos at practice today?
    I was really high on Mabika, love his size, will give him a break on Wednesday night, being down 4-0 I can not imagine how frustrating it must have been. Not going to hang a guy for one play, incident. Saw no evidence of any journos being up there today, maybe with the match Sunday, tomorrow will be the day for them being up there, previewing the match.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I was really high on Mabika, love his size, will give him a break on Wednesday night, being down 4-0 I can not imagine how frustrating it must have been. Not going to hang a guy for one play, incident. Saw no evidence of any journos being up there today, maybe with the match Sunday, tomorrow will be the day for them being up there, previewing the match.
    i agree ...the club has bigger issues than to worry about a rookie .who s contract is up at the end of the season.maybe mavinga is his idol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i agree ...the club has bigger issues than to worry about a rookie .who s contract is up at the end of the season.maybe mavinga is his idol
    Seriously his contract is up? Does the dude not want a new one on any team?

He needs to play hard for the rest of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knock, knock, hello? JH, it’s opportunity here, let’s make that deal…

Oso to LAG?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-28-2023 at 06:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Seriously his contract is up? Does the dude not want a new one on any team?

He needs to play hard for the rest of the season.
    I think most the guys on the team need to hear that. I honestly feel like some of these guys are delusional of their worth and probably thinking they are the exception to the pile of shit, and if they get their exit ticket any mls club is gonna come asking for them personally and they’ll show their worth lol.

They are gonna have the worlds biggest shocked pikachu face when absolutely nobody wants them as only deep bench material or CPL levels and we get fleeced on every offer, baring like 3-4 guys who have trade value worth even exploring lol - SJ, O’Neil, Rosted as a B. Arena type project, and Kerr.

Like even Oso is no where near worth his pay check and nobody in the league is gonna give us fair value lol without getting fleeced- (in a hypothetical pure rebuild situation). I dunno what his issue is- is he just sitting on the fence in the shadows atm not willing to stand out while there’s a massive shit show- because he’s sitting on a 1Mill deal and he’s a Canadian local loveable lad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC, wasn’t there TFC/club options for Y24 and Y25 for Mabika given there is a notable sell-on clause?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC, wasn’t there TFC/club options for Y24 and Y25 for Mabika given there is a notable sell-on clause?
    Yes there are. I assume they're going to pick those up. Even with the NYCFC give-up, he's shown enough potential to warrant picking them up, especially given he's on under 100k per year
    https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...change-for-gam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I'd bring Bonucci just to see him tear a new one into Mabika for that defensive performance.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt Jason Hernandez...a defender by trade...is going to let Mabika get away with that without some sort of lecture / tongue lashing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh? What was all this about? Was any news announced or learned? Was this at the 'exclusive/selective' TFC BBQ Event? Anyone from the community attend?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh? What was all this about? Was any news announced or learned? Was this at the 'exclusive/selective' TFC BBQ Event? Anyone from the community attend?

i went, got an email invite from tfc and rsvp'd right away.

was ok, got some SSH scarves and a t shirt.

oso, johnson, insigne, dunfield, hernandez, franklin, thompson, and sapong were there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List of things to do this year:

Fan BBQ ✅ (don’t invite the angry pitchfork yielding mob).

I bet Manning was nowhere to be seen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvistheEvilScotsman View Post
    List of things to do this year:

Fan BBQ ✅ (don’t invite the angry pitchfork yielding mob).

I bet Manning was nowhere to be seen.
    he was not.

somehow if the team was winning every week he would have been there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    he was not.

somehow if the team was winning every week he would have been there
    bill doesnt do bbq,only fine dining for him.did you hear anything interesting.more signing before weds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    i went, got an email invite from tfc and rsvp'd right away. was ok, got some SSH scarves and a t shirt. oso, johnson, insigne, dunfield, hernandez, franklin, thompson, and sapong were there.
    Cool. Thanks for the reply and sharing. I'm sure that if you learned anything there that was meaningful, whispers, you would have shared already . What was the demeanour of those players like? I am not sure that I read anything into Lollo being there; do you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    bill doesnt do bbq,only fine dining for him.did you hear anything interesting.more signing before weds?
    No, he's not doing BBQ for himself, but in more happy TFC times he would have been there for the free 5-6 kilos of BBQ-s he would have gotten to feed his dogs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. Thanks for the reply and sharing. I'm sure that if you learned anything there that was meaningful, whispers, you would have shared already . What was the demeanour of those players like? I am not sure that I read anything into Lollo being there; do you?
    insigne was there and seemed fairly happy.

both his kids were there in full tfc kits (shorts, socks, etc) playing on the pitch, as was his wife.

dunfield told me basically what jloome already said here, they are doing a full rebuild and fans will need patience but people are working to make things better.

oso gave a speech where he talked about how much he loved the club, basically apologized for the season too, and vowed they would do everything they could to get tfc back to the top of mls.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso apology is a good start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel bad that Dunfield is the one apologizing for his boss’ career incompetence. Manning probably wrote the speech and told him to stay on script.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever happened to Michael Bradley? Is he just collecting a paycheque but staying away and working on coaching badges still?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Whatever happened to Michael Bradley? Is he just collecting a paycheque but staying away and working on coaching badges still?
    That's what I have heard, should he not at least be here supporting and encouriging his team to play to the best of their abillities

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    And you say you aren't obsessed.

He's not in the team and it's clearly going very well for us, you should be happy.