Page 71 of 138 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if there are other things outside of just play that spurred this move. Is this an attempt to rebuild trust in the locker room and move off some of “Bob’s” guys?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I wonder if there are other things outside of just play that spurred this move. Is this an attempt to rebuild trust in the locker room and move off some of “Bob’s” guys?
    Probably that too but I was wondering what the point of MAK would be with Ibarra, Coello, & Osorio on the team plus Servania. That leaves him as an expensive 5th option and that's if Kosi doesn't improve more. That's a lot of money to be bench bound in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder why still no announcement from the club regarding Richie. There’s so way they’re still trying to work something out. Like what kind of deal could they possibly make for him to actually stay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Probably that too but I was wondering what the point of MAK would be with Ibarra, Coello, & Osorio on the team plus Servania. That leaves him as an expensive 5th option and that's if Kosi doesn't improve more. That's a lot of money to be bench bound in MLS.
    Agreed, the midfield is a bit too crowded. Maybe Blessing becomes the new utility knife of the team? Sounds like he can play a few spots.

I would expect our new starting midfield would be: Osorio-Ibarra-Servania.

Have to see how that does. Have not been terribly impressed with either Oso or Servania as of late. But let’s see how this looks when the team has more balance.

Next on the list has to be a real striker. Even if it’s a temp one on loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is ibarra even with the club yet its thurs and not a word

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Karpf View Post
    I wonder why still no announcement from the club regarding Richie. There’s so way they’re still trying to work something out. Like what kind of deal could they possibly make for him to actually stay?
    They're not going to do a media call to say they didn't purchase him after the loan as it's obvious. Plus it's negative PR to fans who don't understand MLS roster rules.

More important stuff going on than that now anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, the midfield is a bit too crowded. Maybe Blessing becomes the new utility knife of the team? Sounds like he can play a few spots.

I would expect our new starting midfield would be: Osorio-Ibarra-Servania.

Have to see how that does. Have not been terribly impressed with either Oso or Servania as of late. But let’s see how this looks when the team has more balance.

Next on the list has to be a real striker. Even if it’s a temp one on loan.
    I think our midfield, assuming Oso comes back in decent shape, would be Blessing-Ibarra-Osorio. I don't think they're particularly impressed by Servania (nor should they be. He's not very focused and he drifts in and out of games.)

If anyone takes Blessing's spot it'll likely be Coello.

The other possibility is that they like Blessing at right wing back. Franklin isn't ready; he's a good young defender but as a wide player he needs to offer something going forward, and really doesn't yet. He doesn't know when to go forward, when to try to force the ball ahead, when to pass backwards. He mostly defaults to the latter and it stalls progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think our midfield, assuming Oso comes back in decent shape, would be Blessing-Ibarra-Osorio. I don't think they're particularly impressed by Servania (nor should they be. He's not very focused and he drifts in and out of games.)

If anyone takes Blessing's spot it'll likely be Coello.

The other possibility is that they like Blessing at right wing back. Franklin isn't ready; he's a good young defender but as a wide player he needs to offer something going forward, and really doesn't yet. He doesn't know when to go forward, when to try to force the ball ahead, when to pass backwards. He mostly defaults to the latter and it stalls progress.
    I agree Servania is disappointing.

The issue I see with a Osorio, Coello, Ibarra setup is none of them are particularly fast. On a good day, I like what each of these players is capable of offering though. Would rid us of the curse of continually passing sideways and backwards.

I would try and trade for Phily’s RB and see if we can sort out his family’s visa issues. Seems like a unique opportunity for a Canadian team at the moment. And if you want a guy to be grateful for trading for him this is probably a decent shot at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    is ibarra even with the club yet its thurs and not a word

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...atlanta-united

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll find out when they have our hack press at their training later on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree Servania is disappointing.

The issue I see with a Osorio, Coello, Ibarra setup is none of them are particularly fast. On a good day, I like what each of these players is capable of offering though. Would rid us of the curse of continually passing sideways and backwards.

I would try and trade for Phily’s RB and see if we can sort out his family’s visa issues. Seems like a unique opportunity for a Canadian team at the moment. And if you want a guy to be grateful for trading for him this is probably a decent shot at it.
    I'm not hearing that from Atlanta fans. Apparently, Ibarra is quite quick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And he is training with TFC today too as per Molinaro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're not going to do a media call to say they didn't purchase him after the loan as it's obvious. Plus it's negative PR to fans who don't understand MLS roster rules.

More important stuff going on than that now anyway.
    A thank you Richie post on instagram/twitter at least is pretty common when a player leaves

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    A thank you Richie post on instagram/twitter at least is pretty common when a player leaves
    Not traded or released though. The end date of the loan was known and when no annoucement comes it should be fairly obvious as to why. It's also not completely over until he gets sold or loaned somewhere else so there is no goodbye to do yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's normal at all to announce that you expect to make a decision on extending a loan within 72 hours and then just radio silence for a couple of weeks afterwards. Even more so when it's your mvp on the season so far

Any normal, functioning club at the very least would have put some kind of "talks are ongoing" quote out there or just, as said, say he's not coming back and do at the very least a social media post on it

If we hadn't of said we were actively working on the extension and it was just assumed he'd 100% leave when it ended that'd be one thing, but once you say that, you need to follow up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he a good distributor? We're really lacking there as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I don't think it's normal at all to announce that you expect to make a decision on extending a loan within 72 hours and then just radio silence for a couple of weeks afterwards. Even more so when it's your mvp on the season so far

Any normal, functioning club at the very least would have put some kind of "talks are ongoing" quote out there or just, as said, say he's not coming back and do at the very least a social media post on it

If we hadn't of said we were actively working on the extension and it was just assumed he'd 100% leave when it ended that'd be one thing, but once you say that, you need to follow up
    Talks happened in that window I am sure but the window just opened and Europe has almost 2 months to go before it closes. Pretty sure our offer is in but of course NF will try to get a sale instead of another loan but if there's no takers then I assume we'd probably have him back. In this case they can't follow up what they don't know.

And more importantly what does it matter? So people can do a Richie Appreciation Thread Pt2 that he will never read or know about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Is he a good distributor? We're really lacking there as well.
    Watched the last game he played before he was traded. Can definitely pass. He more so sprayed the ball quickly to wide areas than between the lines on the day but not suggesting he can’t do both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talks happened in that window I am sure but the window just opened and Europe has almost 2 months to go before it closes. Pretty sure our offer is in but of course NF will try to get a sale instead of another loan but if there's no takers then I assume we'd probably have him back. In this case they can't follow up what they don't know.

And more importantly what does it matter? So people can do a Richie Appreciation Thread Pt2 that he will never read or know about?
    I just think if you are dumb enough to put an artificial deadline on it of 72 hours, you cannot complain if people are wondering what happened after that period when you go radio silent. Poor form on their part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think if you are dumb enough to put an artificial deadline on it of 72 hours, you cannot complain if people are wondering what happened after that period when you go radio silent. Poor form on their part.
    Yeah but what do you expect? Who was it that said the stupid 72 hours line? We should know by now that it's all just nonsense from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but what do you expect? Who was it that said the stupid 72 hours line? We should know by now that it's all just nonsense from him.
    Oh I know, I expect little from Manning and company. He runs this team like a AA baseball outfit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I know, I expect little from Manning and company. He runs this team like a AA baseball outfit.
    Manning's #1 concern is media & public perception. He basically owns our media now so he has no worries with them but I know he didn't want to say "Richie is going back because we can't afford him & never should have agreed to spend $2M on FBs" especially with the losing streak, Bob fired, and no movement or sign of any needs being addressed.

Like I said there wouldn't be anything to really report yet BUT if we sign a CF and he seems to be popular then they'll bury the see ya Richie thing in that presser and say they had to let Richie go to afford this new guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It matters because engaging with your fans and letting them know what's happening with the club matters. There's a reason clubs announce things, leak things, give updates and have press conferences. It benefits nobody to say "Expect news in the coming days" and then say nothing about the best player on the team this season. There's a reason clubs announce signings and departures and Miami fans won't just show up to a game and think "Holy shit, is that Lionel Messi!?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning's #1 concern is media & public perception. He basically owns our media now so he has no worries with them but I know he didn't want to say "Richie is going back because we can't afford him & never should have agreed to spend $2M on FBs" especially with the losing streak, Bob fired, and no movement or sign of any needs being addressed.

Like I said there wouldn't be anything to really report yet BUT if we sign a CF and he seems to be popular then they'll bury the see ya Richie thing in that presser and say they had to let Richie go to afford this new guy.
    I’d bet money that you’re spot on. Manning has subtly shown so much disrespect to the fan base. It boils my blood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the last game he played before he was traded. Can definitely pass. He more so sprayed the ball quickly to wide areas than between the lines on the day but not suggesting he can’t do both.
    That was my impression of him but I've never watched him play closely. That's much needed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    It matters because engaging with your fans and letting them know what's happening with the club matters. There's a reason clubs announce things, leak things, give updates and have press conferences.
    Yes but in Bill Land you only do these things for good news and for things that may increase revenue. You never point out negative things that may hurt revenue, like losing a star player because you overspent on other superstars like Diomande, Akinola, and MAK.

For sure he sees all the supporters as a bunch of rubes. You can tell by the way he speaks in media conferences. Even his apologies and false promises to do better are clearly designed for show and to put a positive spin on a bad situation. Nothing sincere in any of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blessing + international roster spot for MAK. Not bad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blessing + international roster spot for MAK. Not bad.
    The international spot had to be included to be used for Blessing. TFC had traded two of their own spots prior to this year. One to Dallas and the other to Colorado when they acquired MAK. Only thing I am not sure about if Berna and Lorenzo have been moved into the extra spots thus opening up the regular INT spots they occupied. They have been with the club now for over a year.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 07-13-2023 at 02:10 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The international spot had to be included to be used for Blessing. TFC had traded two of their own spots prior to this year. One to Dallas and the other to Colorado when they acquired MAK.
    Blessing has a Green Card, so doesn't use an international roster slot. This lets us sign another international
    https://www.sportingkc.com/news/forw...rnational-spot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The international spot had to be included to be used for Blessing. TFC had traded two of their own spots prior to this year. One to Dallas and the other to Colorado when they acquired MAK.
    But it didn't have to be included "for free". I figured we would be buying one from somewhere.