Page 93 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 4129
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I feel like the closest thing we've had to a manager speaking reality was Bob - and we sent him flying. Whatever it is that Dunfield is doing behind closed doors is completely not working. The fact that he publicly stated that he was proud of their efforts and that they didnt' throw in the towel is simply shocking. With that said, no point in bringing in a manager yet however, I do feel that keeping him in place is only going to make our inept academy players regress that much further.

We need a real executive/football architect immediately. We cannot risk allowing Manning to hire / fire / influence anything further for this shambles of a Club.
    i wouldnt trust manning to be able to tie his own shoes at this point

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suspect we are going to see them commit to the Italians, get an Italian President, turn over the rest of the roster. Who is in D'Amico's rolodex?

Its either that or light $75M on fire.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call me crazy. The more I think about Insigne leaving, the more I think it wont happen..

I think he wants to build something here. Hes making the most money every in his career. His injury in Game #1 really hampered him.

With Berna leaving soon and opening up another DP Slot. Do we look for another fellow Italian? There are many currently free agents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What we are currently lacking is a holding midfielder. Bradley has done that for so long, now with him gone its sorely lacking on that front. We need a holding strong midfielder who can stay back, push the ball up and QB the middle of the pitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Suspect we are going to see them commit to the Italians, get an Italian President, turn over the rest of the roster. Who is in D'Amico's rolodex?

It’s either that or light $75M on fire.
    They’d be crazy to do it. These guys (while not fully at fault) do not fit this league.

We would literally be better off eating 75% of those contracts and begging MLS to allow us to sign new DP’s using the remaining 25% we saved.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    They’d be crazy to do it. These guys (while not fully at fault) do not fit this league.

We would literally be better off eating 75% of those contracts and begging MLS to allow us to sign new DP’s using the remaining 25% we saved.

I will be honest I still thought we had hope for Bernadeschi, i do not now after the New York game. I still do for LI, other than being fragile he has never shown poor attitude on or off the pitch.

I have a bit of a different approach … this seasons done, probably next as well if we let the lack of pride and commitment linger. Give Dunfield a bit of credit for removing Bernadeschi from the game. Even a completely switched off MLSE board should be able to see that this is a critical moment in TFC history, it is an asset and brand recovery effort now. There is little pride or leadership or at least it is not apparent, that includes Manning.

So don’t loan Bernadeschi in this window unless you get completely untangled and we don’t wear a long term subsidized buyout. But no short term solution allowed, if Mailula is coming in, the Bernedeschi situation cannot be allowed to taint Mailula and/or anyone else.

Bernadeschi thinks his sulking will work but he is aging and if he ever wants to play meaningful football again, he needs this move, more than we do. EARN IT or sit until the fall and buy out Diomande’s anchor now instead, so we are clear next year. Don’t pander to him but don't let him go this window unless it is good for the club. Keep him away from harming any young players (might be too late). We banished a club legend, banish this prima donna, he was awful in NY….. don’t let him near the club but make him work out on his own to stay ready for a trade, "Fire Bill Manning" allowed it for Jozy.

I was offended then, wouldn’t blink an eye now. I am ok with getting hammered by Atlas and the final games but put 11 players on the pitch that want to wear the badge. I feel so sorry for the guy that designed this years kit, it is so distinct that anyone who sees it in the future will see it and remember the worst season ever.

Bring some pride back to the Reds.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-28-2023 at 06:20 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They need to commit to a full rebuild from top to bottom now.

They tried to skip steps last time and it failed disastrously.

The jump we took every year from 2014-2017 was because we didn't try to sign 70% of a starting xi in any one season.

Always took a step back and assessed what was working and what wasn't.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Its either that or light $75M on fire.
    Fire's been lit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Here is something way out of left field......trade Insigne to Miami, for some Garber bucks of course, but we might get some major credit with the league office in the future.

Works for everyone involved.
    He would not make the starting line up on Miami. Taylor is ripping it on the left side for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Seems Taylor is about to be replaced/benched with IMCF's Facundo Farias signing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    He would not make the starting line up on Miami. Taylor is ripping it on the left side for them.
    taylor has 5 goals all season, insigne and messi would win mls cup at a canter lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    What we are currently lacking is a holding midfielder. Bradley has done that for so long, now with him gone its sorely lacking on that front. We need a holding strong midfielder who can stay back, push the ball up and QB the middle of the pitch
    The whole spine has been ignored for a long time. Need a consistently playing CB (like Hedges but one who isn't injured all the time), a holding mid who can distribute and a striker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    taylor has 5 goals all season, insigne and messi would win mls cup at a canter lol
    That's fine. I would trade Insigne for Campagna & Taylor this morning if I could.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    That's fine. I would trade Insigne for Campagna & Taylor this morning if I could.
    same, mostly for cap purposes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a striker. Teams know we have no teeth, and our team knows it, too, so we're playing nervously and without any plans going forward. We need a DP striker asap as this window is much better than the winter window, and it'll give the 3 DP's a chance to play together for 6 months in preparation for a new season. Also, we should bring in Giovinco at minimum salary as he suggested and give something to the fans since we're out of the play-offs anyway. He's no worse than anyone on our team at the moment. At least he might score a free kick for us to take home with us before the off-season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we institute a ban on the word "Giovinco" in this thread?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Can we institute a ban on the word "Giovinco" in this thread?
    Only after we re-sign him to a 3 year DP contract and we trade our full $3M GAM to bring back Jozy, Marky, Zavaleta, & Vanney to fast track a rebuild back in time to 2016 again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Also, we should bring in Giovinco at minimum salary as he suggested and give something to the fans since we're out of the play-offs anyway. He's no worse than anyone on our team at the moment. At least he might score a free kick for us to take home with us before the off-season.
    Giovinco is 36. He hasn't played professionally since January 2022, and that was only 2 games.
    Time to give up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Officially official tweet

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...56913849544704

mailula officially a red (or a grey)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Officially official tweet

This is the type of signing I like to see.

Shame he is coming into the most toxic locker room in world football though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He will also provide us with a new young profile off the pitch, with his humility, grit, and ambition to reach the highest levels possible.

i like this quote from JH ...hopefully things are changing in the right direction

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hlongwane at minnesota came from the same league with a similar profile at a similar age (although way worse numbers, mailula had the highest g+a/90 in the league last season) and has 12 g/ 3 a in all comps for them this season.

here's hoping we can get our shit together and mailula can have a similar impact (likely next year).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, barring a miracle Sunday, we probably won't see Cassius play until the 20th against Montreal. The statement posted by TFC says he still needs his visa and transfer certificate. Add in the fact that he was just starting his pre-season in South Africa, the chances of him playing anything outside of 10-15 minutes this weekend are slim.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, barring a miracle Sunday, we probably won't see Cassius play until the 20th against Montreal. The statement posted by TFC says he still needs his visa and transfer certificate. Add in the fact that he was just starting his pre-season in South Africa, the chances of him playing anything outside of 10-15 minutes this weekend are slim.

Hmm....not ready for training until a new coach is in place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    He will also provide us with a new young profile off the pitch, with his humility, grit, and ambition to reach the highest levels possible.

i like this quote from JH ...hopefully things are changing in the right direction
    Yeah that caught my attention. Almost feels like a blatant signal to the fan base.

The good thing here is that there’s no pressure to perform immediately and he can use this last half of the season to settle in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    They need to commit to a full rebuild from top to bottom now.

They tried to skip steps last time and it failed disastrously.

The jump we took every year from 2014-2017 was because we didn't try to sign 70% of a starting xi in any one season.

Always took a step back and assessed what was working and what wasn't.
    Yeah, my sense is that's what's going on. The mood is that this season was done with the 5-0 loss, they've accepted the talent just isn't there and a roster tear-down is required.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to be bleak though with maybe 1 guy out of the 11 being somebody that should be around next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I am not expecting us to be Cup contenders or anything next year. I just want us to be entertaining and feel a sense of pride about the team we see kn the field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I am not expecting us to be Cup contenders or anything next year. I just want us to be entertaining and feel a sense of pride about the team we see kn the field.
    yeah i feel like they just need to go through the rebuild properly, even if it means acknowledging we won't be competing for titles next season.