Page 77 of 138 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 4129
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don’t feel like Marsch (as much as he’s awful) has to attach himself to a situation as bad as ours with a boss like Manning. He’ll get somewhere else to land.
    As a leeds fan I can tell you now tfc fans would despise marsch.

He's all vibes, horrific football and definitely has a ceiling even in mls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    As a leeds fan I can tell you now tfc fans would despise marsch.

He's all vibes, horrific football and definitely has a ceiling even in mls.
    Yeah, all Mr. Motivator, no tactical nous at all.

I imagine we might have a new striker by the time Leagues Cup starts, as we're in one of the last groups and don't play for ten days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I imagine we might have a new striker by the time Leagues Cup starts, as we're in one of the last groups and don't play for ten days.
    One would think so especially given that it must be clear to Hernandez that we are going nowhere without a striker. I wouldn’t be surprised too if Dunfield was staying longer or until the end of the season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    One would think so especially given that it must be clear to Hernandez that we are going nowhere without a striker. I wouldn’t be surprised too if Dunfield was staying longer or until the end of the season.
    It's probably better to keep Dunfield until the end of the season just because I worry who they will get if rushed. I worry about Bill's choices when he has all the time in the world too but a rush means his Roladex is in play no matter what he says.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had at least a few weeks, if not months, to put out the feelers and get someone set to take over when Bob was let go. It's another Manning failure that we weren't prepared.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    We had at least a few weeks, if not months, to put out the feelers and get someone set to take over when Bob was let go. It's another Manning failure that we weren't prepared.
    At this point it's not even failure. It's pattern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's quite disappointing. He knew the situation in March but was in active denial, expecting Bob to 'turn it around.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's quite disappointing. He knew the situation in March but was in active denial, expecting Bob to 'turn it around.'
    Yep. And wouldn’t you know it, the team that actually fired its coach on time beats us on the weekend and is now in a playoff spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given Manning’s total inaction about the situation, the idea of a quick replacement hire was also not realistic. Having done nothing, an instant, inexperienced, ‘up and coming’ choice (as Manning stated they want to do) seems to me no more than a crapshoot.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-17-2023 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Given Manning’s total inaction about the situation, the idea of a quick replacement hire was also not realistic. Having done nothing, an instant, inexperienced, ‘up and coming’ choice (as Manning stated they want to do) seems to me no more than a crapshoot.
    I'm torn on the experienced versus "up and comer." I'm genuinely curious, for example, how Alen Marcena would do in MLS; he's won three titles in two different version of the league right below us and his teams are fighters. And he's a Canuck, which can't hurt.

I'd be interested in seeing how Smyrniotis does with older players.

I'd be interested in seeing how Terry does with a proper roster, although the 442 smelled a little of chucking more forwards at a lack of goals, which rarely works. It's not how we're built and we don't have one bonafide striker starter, let alone two.

The guy I wanted was Tata, but maybe that would've been a mistake; he's older, he didn't have a great time with Mexico, he's going into a fishbowl shitshow at Miami and if he's attracted to that, would rebuilding our under-talented lineup and near-complete absence of youth dev really appeal?

Touhg call no matter what. Someone who wins a lot should probably be criteria one. As with the youth -- most of whom never really produced much at TFC II or other youth teams but were hyped on 'raw talent' -- it would be better if we start verging towards statistical proof in all things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s a separate coach speculation thread y’all!!!

It doesn’t matter who our coach is unless we get new players lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious how people think Munir would do in MLS. He's looking for a club.
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/munir-e...spieler/223725

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, who is that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    There’s a separate coach speculation thread y’all!!!

It doesn’t matter who our coach is unless we get new players lol
    Yeah, just posted in the new coach thread. And yes, some new players, a few, several, but certainly not all - this being a reference to what Bob did to us the previous season and change. Maybe that suggests an ‘up and comer’? Given that veteran coaches may have either a more fixed way of doing things, or the need for a certain. control over what the GM does.

And JLoome, that all sounds reasonable. Tata, I think, was never in the cards. Don’t think he would consider the gig.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-17-2023 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be worse. Not sure if we’d use him as a striker or a wide forward.

Call me old fashioned but I’d just like to see a regular old target man.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will likely be to replace one of the Italians

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably would replace Bernie if he goes. This is likely our 3rd u-22 DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One article said to replace Insigne, but not sure they knew at all what they were talking about.

https://www.idiskitimes.co.za/transf...club-revealed/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One article said to replace Insigne, but not sure they knew at all what they were talking about.

https://www.idiskitimes.co.za/transf...club-revealed/
    Would be funny and sad if some random African paper knew more about our incomings and outgoings than our local media did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Would be funny and sad if some random African paper knew more about our incomings and outgoings than our local media did.
    Lol, no kidding.

This line is interesting. We're looking for direct Giovinco replacements now, right down to height?

"Mailula fits the profile as a diminutive and versatile attacker with similar traits to the former Juventus attacker but also represents a new transfer strategy now targeting young emerging talent."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly it's about time we started targeting proper u22 talents (not akinola).

Sounds like this kid has attributes that are effective in MLS and suitors in Europe.

Bring him and a DP striker after berna leaves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, no kidding.

This line is interesting. We're looking for direct Giovinco replacements now, right down to height?

"Mailula fits the profile as a diminutive and versatile attacker with similar traits to the former Juventus attacker but also represents a new transfer strategy now targeting young emerging talent."
    Cassius is a giant compared to Giovinco. Transfermarkt.us has him listed as 5'8.

We do desperately need a player of that profile though. Hoping he has some pace about him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akinola has been shopped - there are 0 takers

There was a candidate who interviewed for an assistant gm role 2 weeks ago, they called yesterday and we’re told there’s “no update on the process and there’s no timeline. There’s a feeling that manning started this hiring process but is not being allowed to complete it because changes are coming

Manning was asked for an update on the Richie situation on an internal call, which he ignored and moved on from

Some usl contracts are approaching a minutes threshold where they will have guaranteed contracts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Probably would replace Bernie if he goes. This is likely our 3rd u-22 DP.
    Interesting if true. Not that I know of him but seems like a ‘statistically based’ kind of choice. But to what degree is that effective without actual an actual, broad scouting dept? Unlike Belgium and France, his other rumoured destinations, MLS clubs get only a very limited shot at signing young players that come with transfer fees. The league has a long way to go to get it together signing these sort of players. I mean young players who aren’t South American and going to Southern US clubs who have that region adequately covered especially for expensive, upper tier signings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCD Eindhoven View Post

There was a candidate who interviewed for an assistant gm role 2 weeks ago, they called yesterday and we’re told there’s “no update on the process and there’s no timeline. There’s a feeling that manning started this hiring process but is not being allowed to complete it because changes are coming

Manning was asked for an update on the Richie situation on an internal call, which he ignored and moved on from

Some usl contracts are approaching a minutes threshold where they will have guaranteed contracts
    is this actual inside info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Honestly it's about time we started targeting proper u22 talents (not akinola).

Sounds like this kid has attributes that are effective in MLS and suitors in Europe.

Bring him and a DP striker after berna leaves
    Based on his numbers there and profile, he looks like a striker here rather than winger. Dude is fast, can finish. Hard to compare leagues but a few other recent S.A. signings have done really well at Minnesota and Cincy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCD Eindhoven View Post

Let's hope he's not the one to make the hires.

Manning badly needs firing.