Page 78 of 138 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly pumped for this. Africa and Asia are such great continents for us to try and scout. While most MLS clubs are obsessed with bringing in South Americans, we can bring in equally as effective players from Africa for a fraction of the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Honestly pumped for this. Africa and Asia are such great continents for us to try and scout. While most MLS clubs are obsessed with bringing in South Americans, we can bring in equally as effective players from Africa for a fraction of the price.

EDIT: Hang on, this one is a bit more optimistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOaW53rK9ow
    Last edited by jloome; 07-17-2023 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Have to say though, his reels on YouTube don't look like much. Like, I see the goal numbers there this year, but the reel doesn't show anything much other than a typical undersized fox in the box.

Does look like he played through the middle a lot. He can do the running as a second striker if we continue to play a 4-4-2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Does look like he played through the middle a lot. He can do the running as a second striker if we continue to play a 4-4-2.
    Sort of a cut-rate Willie Gnonto. Low enough to beat guys on the run, good balance, lots of control in low space. I mean, heads and shoulders above any of our current youth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know anything about this player, but the change in recruitment strategy is refreshing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15 goals in 31 games in his first pro season according to the piece Phil just posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be a great signing. Let's wait and see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He could be a total bust, but my god, are we trying to sign a young player with resale value!? This is a completely alien concept to us! If this rumour is true the fact that we're even thinking about something like that is a good sign

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa. Perfectly two-footed in the mold of Seba and Poz. Yes please. All day long. Announce Mailula

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really love this fresh new take on a new country. Young at 22 and seems to be skilled with in the rush and a heavy strong foot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCD Eindhoven View Post
    Akinola has been shopped - there are 0 takers

There was a candidate who interviewed for an assistant gm role 2 weeks ago, they called yesterday and we’re told there’s “no update on the process and there’s no timeline. There’s a feeling that manning started this hiring process but is not being allowed to complete it because changes are coming

Manning was asked for an update on the Richie situation on an internal call, which he ignored and moved on from

Some usl contracts are approaching a minutes threshold where they will have guaranteed contracts
    if this is true,,,the fact that manning is not involved in the new hirings is big news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    is this actual inside info
    Considering the post count, and join date I'm going to guess yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a candidate who interviewed for an assistant gm role 2 weeks ago, they called yesterday and we’re told there’s “no update on the process and there’s no timeline. There’s a feeling that manning started this hiring process but is not being allowed to complete it because changes are coming

Manning was asked for an update on the Richie situation on an internal call, which he ignored and moved on from

Some usl contracts are approaching a minutes threshold where they will have guaranteed contracts
    This is good news. Best thing I’ve heard all day. Wonder if they’ve been watching the faceplant post Bradley and starting to realize the problems didn’t end with Bob.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lot of you are making me excited... I don't like feeling this way as I know how this story frequently ends.. Ah screw it.. I'm so excited that we're finally starting to look at young talent abroad with potential and looking to prove themselves!! Crossing my fingers a player like this actually joins us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Phil, thanks for your recent links and exploring the Twitter-sphere for us.

By the way, if you post the url inside these [TW EET]url here[/TW EET] (without the spaces) it displays the actual tweet like this:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The man at MLSE who's first passion was association football, and not basketball, and mentions his childhood selection and participation in Primary squad football back in England as a badge of great pride, seems for now to be in charge.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, the whole Richie saga is being really too quiet right now - kinda like some people have been told stuff but don't want to say.

My concerns about nothing being done are:

a) if BM is replaced, is the work of JH until now going to be wasted?
    b) to do nothing about the assistant GM right now is bad planning - interview and indicate a timeline will be provided soon
    c) internal clarity is always a good idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up from the Mariner scouting report! Looks like a “cheeky” and smart player. Whether we end up with a DP striker (Richie gone, Bernie maybe too and a buyout if such a thing is okayed by MLSE might result in such a thing) we should be signing an under 22 striker (or, alas, another one).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's nice being excited. Ibarra, Blessing and Cassius Mailula in and MAK out? This is maybe not bringing in Insigne and Bernie levels of expectation, but it is so much what we need now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Hey Phil, thanks for your recent links and exploring the Twitter-sphere for us.

By the way, if you post the url inside these [TW EET]url here[/TW EET] (without the spaces) it displays the actual tweet like this:
    Lol sorry about thx for the tip.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one thing our team gets by shedding bernardeschi and MAK and adding mailula and blessing is a lot quicker, something we've needed for years now.

(also a ton of cap space, and a DP spot).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those highlights were okay and his energy, speed, and tenacity remind me of Richie. However, a lot of gimmie or lucky goals plus some frustrating misses/saves. I’m probably jaded but that has me worried lol.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Those highlights were okay and his energy, speed, and tenacity remind me of Richie. However, a lot of gimmie or lucky goals plus some frustrating misses/saves. I’m probably jaded but that has me worried lol.
    i'd imagine akinola in those same spots scores about 1 goal max lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I like with that video clip tho is there's some composure there, a lot of those goals in the first part of the clip were picking low corners, and mostly keeping it on the ground.

From seeing youth products - a young striker who's instinct is to keep it low and away into the corners(and being able to actually get it on net lol unlike akinola atm), in the finishes is a nice building block to grow from.

Most forwards who score goals by slotting them into corners with composure vs. being in the right place at the right time to smash a header, or use force and chance to just blast it on net, are gonna be able to adapt that success much easier anywhere he goes... I'm kinda excited to see if this one ends up happening lol
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 07-17-2023 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought Hernandez's first two moves were smart and sensible. If this happens and the price isn't too much, I think this will be a third smart move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About this Cassius Mailula guy I have no idea what to expect, if he'll become a TFC player.
    Yeah, I have watched that skills video, looks great close to goal (more like a poacher type?), but who knows what's the level of defenses in the Premier League of South-Africa?

One thing that bugs me big time:
    I must ask that if he's got that much of an upside, he's such a big talent, even some French League 1 team is looking for him, how the heck he's valued right now just at Euro 500,000 at Transfermarkt?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/cassiu...pieler/1050866

I don't buy the explanation one would think about first, that Transfermarkt is giving close to real values only for players who are having a contract in Europe or South America, and is clueless about the value of everyone playing in Asia or Africa.

So this signing if it comes through has written on it the potential to be a 100% bust, an average MLS no-name lifer kind of player (scoring 3-4 goals per season) or a true gem, who could easily score 10-16 goals for us per season, lol...
    I just hope they won't overpay too much for a guy evaluated at 500 K Euros!

Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-18-2023 at 03:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cassius Mailula seems to have been the phenom of the year on the best club of the season in SAPD. IIUC, not the obvious answer to TFC's striker need though; perhaps a project at that position. Seems to have played left-wing more than right-wing as well as AM/SSTKR. Considers himself a CAM. With versatility, maybe an injury stand-in for or the season fill-in of Fede or Insigne should either or both depart this transfer window.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-18-2023 at 06:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supposedly, Cassius Mailula may have suffered an injury towards end of season...

Supposedly club has already introduced his replacement...