Page 64 of 138 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Poz signed with Saudi team
    Not even, it's a UAE team. I'm sure he's still getting paid, but feels like such a waste.

EDIT - Apparently, we're all disheartened by the news, LOL.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Is this Ibarra thing still on? Taking their sweet time announcing it. Has anyone who covers TFC even acknowledged it?
    That is the reality of not having a competitive beat, there is no pressure to break stories. Neither of Toronto's two dailies currently have writers on TFC's beat.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    That is the reality of not having a competitive beat, there is no pressure to break stories. Neither of Toronto's two dailies currently have writers on TFC's beat.
    Probably just the way Manning wants it, tbh. The less said about his dumpster fire, the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect Ibarra isn't going to play for us and I'm actually on the players side.

He probably has a case with FIFA because they are forcing someone to relocate to another country, that's so backwards when you think about it, unilateral loan/trades do not belong in a global sport like football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember when he signed here, Poz had an offer from Saudi Arabia, and he said he wasn't interested in going to the Middle East. Although granted, now that he's no longer with his wife, guess the impact of family and Middle East is less impactful which was a major part of his move here, plus the UAE isn't Saudi Arabia and much more tolerant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Is this Ibarra thing still on? Taking their sweet time announcing it. Has anyone who covers TFC even acknowledged it?
    Has the league announced the transaction yet?

Though the british tabloids have made mention of it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ma...-team-MLS.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm told they've identified striker targets to try sign in this window, guys with a track record that suggests they'll score in MLS. That's all I know at this point.

I'm also told Ibarra is a done deal, they just need his paperwork.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'm told they've identified striker targets to try sign in this window, guys with a track record that suggests they'll score in MLS. That's all I know at this point.

I'm also told Ibarra is a done deal, they just need his paperwork.
    any info on ibarra regarding buy to loan deal?

watching these last few games hard not to conclude the biggest things missing is a DP striker who can finish and run in behind and a tough tackling CM (amongst other things).

thx for all this info btw, much more informative than our so called press

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jloome is the man and best source of info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    any info on ibarra regarding buy to loan deal?

watching these last few games hard not to conclude the biggest things missing is a DP striker who can finish and run in behind and a tough tackling CM (amongst other things).

thx for all this info btw, much more informative than our so called press
    Whoever Singh had as a source is long gone seemingly. Buffery asked some basic questions, but is gone. Molinaro provides good insight but is obviously scared to rock the boat too much. It is a bad state of affairs.

Long Live Loome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a goal by Jacob Shaffleburg for Canada in extra time vs the USA!
    Too bad he wasn't good enough to play for us. Thanks Bob

Last edited by rydermike; 07-09-2023 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

Great goal. I’d rather have Shaff over Insigne. Such a bonehead move by Bob.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My exact post goal thought!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shaffelburg for bernardeschi let's do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    Has the league announced the transaction yet?

Though the british tabloids have made mention of it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ma...-team-MLS.html
    Man, it’s a weird league.

But… Ibarra, Coello and Osorio (formative years: Argentina, Spain, Uruguay) could be a really decent midfield. If Hedges can get healthy our D should be good. Add a striker, and then if even one of the Italians begin to cook we might be okay. I mean playing watchable football okay.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Man, it’s a weird league.

But… Ibarra, Coello and Osorio (formative years: Argentina, Spain, Uruguay) could be a really decent midfield. If Hedges can get healthy our D should be good. Add a striker, and then if even one of the Italians begin to cook we might be okay. I mean playing watchable football okay.
    We need a DP striker and DP CM.

Move on from italians if possible, if not keep insigne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Agreed.

Re: Ibarra. I would take him to dinner, throw Atlanta under the bus and tell him what we’re working on and how he fits in. Sell him on the project and challenge him to be a part of it. Sell the city too because that can be a positive.

If he doesn’t bite, I’d just flip him to a 3rd team. We can get real value out of him as a player which Atlanta probably didn’t because they were forced sellers. Leaving that aside, showing people we aren’t jerks is probably as or more important than signing individual players. People who do want to be here are on the horizon.
    Yes, this would be for sure the right approach.

Who you think should take him to dinner?
    Jason H, or the "God of Football Management and Knowledge", the "President of Presidents", the Great Bill Manning himself?
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-10-2023 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Not even Saudi the UAE pro league. Damn shame ...
    Damn...
    That's the second best Arab league, after the UAE league, both in match quality and the size of players' and coaches' paycheques.

Well, at least I'm happy for the man's bank account, as he may make in wages at least 3 times what he would've get in Toronto, I guess (plus he will get a bunch of friendly and footy loving camels in his backyard to not get too bored in his free time there).
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-10-2023 at 03:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feisty. A keeper; just not necessarily at any cost. Richie doing his 'Jozy In The Tunnel' impression (of the infamous Y17 NOV TFC vs. NYRB- Sacha Kljestan MLS match half-time incident) at the Gold Cup QF half-time? last night against the USA...

EDIT: Upon a closer look, IIUC, Richie seems to be a part of it but may not have been the protagonist. To me it appears that he was in a friendly side embrace with an opponent when they separated to go in each owns direction- locker room, just when a scuffle seems to break out right behind them in which he turns around and joins. Steven Vittoria #5 may have shoved an opponent in their green warm-up jersey?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-10-2023 at 06:55 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ibarra confirmed as a 6 north loan, Atlanta retain rights after (sounds like he'll be sold to Europe), but at least the remaining games should be slightly more watchable.

They need to get a DP cm like 2014 Bradley who can anchor the midfield for the next 5+ years in the offseason imo.

His last liked tweet btw:

@Francoibarra01 sorry to hear about you leaving and how it was all handled. Keep your head up like a pro and keep performing. Your name has a lot of attention right now so work that to your advantage by continuing to be professional and showing you can perform even in this worst case scenario. Show them you can do that. Show all of us. 100% PLAY. I’m pretty sure fun adventures should have anxieties or life would be boring. I’m looking forward to watching you run circles around Canada smiling and having FUN. For 99.9% of people, getting to live in a foreign country for 6months is a dream they’ll never get ⚽️ �� #ATLUTD
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 07-10-2023 at 08:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly disappointed not to see a buy clause in there. I suppose they are trying to compete in Leagues Cup and I get that, but I do wish the moves started skewing to 2024 at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ibarra not listed on the Atlanta Unite roster as an International. I guess he has a Green Card.
    We don't have any extra international slots, so I guess that solves that issue

https://www.atlutd.com/roster/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't we just the friendly Canadian doormats, taking scraps and sorting out other team's problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Aren't we just the friendly Canadian doormats, taking scraps and sorting out other team's problems.
    Sometimes both teams win in a trade. I genuinely can't see how this is a bad thing, it fills an immediate need without giving up much of anything in return. What's the downside?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Sometimes both teams win in a trade. I genuinely can't see how this is a bad thing, it fills an immediate need without giving up much of anything in return. What's the downside?
    yep, doormat would be taking one of their bad u22 players, not the one that starts virtually every game (at basically no cost).

we have 10 games left including 5 home games (and leagues cup), personally i would like to see us have a better team and maybe win games.

plus we get to see how some other guys look with a true CDM in the team which helps us in the offseason too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is more like the time we sent Matias Laba to the Whitecaps for nothing because of roster rules. It's not us taking scraps, it's us lucking into something good because another team messed up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvistheEvilScotsman View Post
    Great goal. I’d rather have Shaff over Insigne. Such a bonehead move by Bob.
    Hindsight is 20/20. One year ago absolutely nobody would be saying "Man id rather Shaff over Insigne"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    While TFC give Atlanta a get-out-of-jail-free card, they get six months of yet another player who looks like he'd rather be anywhere else in the world. Will do wonders for an already rotten locker room. Takes minutes from Coello all in the hopes of getting out of the bottom three in the league standings before returning to square one.

This is more like the time we sent Matias Laba to the Whitecaps for nothing because of roster rules. It's not us taking scraps, it's us lucking into something good because another team messed up.
    I mentioned Laba previously as part of the reason why I don't like this move. TFC were forced to lose Laba for nothing. Huge difference. A purchase option would've made a world of difference.
    Last edited by Bobo; 07-10-2023 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the hope is he'll want to stay once he's been here?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While TFC give Atlanta a get-out-of-jail-free card, they get six months of yet another player who looks like he'd rather be anywhere else in the world. Will do wonders for an already rotten locker room. Takes minutes from Coello all in the hopes of getting out of the bottom three in the league standings.
    taking their starting CDM isn't a get out of jail free card at all.

and sorry you don't want to see us have better players, some others do.

signing a good CDM in this league for next to nothing doesn't really inhibit us in any other ways and will immediately make the team better.

ive been taking my stepkids to games in the last few months and personally i would like them to see a win this season.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 07-10-2023 at 09:05 AM.