Page 126 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Staq is a tweener in Europe. There are a lot of guys like him there. Good enough to be a regular on a good team, not good enough to ever draw a serious transfer bid (somebody above said Porto would think they can get $20M , I doubt that very much). JDG2 was a classic example.

He could be bought and I think he will be bought by a Canadian team before 2026. Question is who, and when.
    Market-wise he's a lot like Pozuelo, only a different skill set. I mean, a lot of the same set really, but less razzle dazzle and more grit.

I'm sure if we offer him twice what he's getting in Europe he'd have to think long and hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Market-wise he's a lot like Pozuelo, only a different skill set. I mean, a lot of the same set really, but less razzle dazzle and more grit.

I'm sure if we offer him twice what he's getting in Europe he'd have to think long and hard.
    No doubt. But, from TFC’s perspective, is this a good use of cash that will inevitably have to go towards a transfer bid?

I’d argue those resources need to be used on a striker. There are probably other, more transaction friendly ways, for us to acquire a player like ES.

Edit: and in no way is that meant as a knock on the player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish we could have the Aiden Morris vs. Random Canadian midfielder discourse, but because the CSB is shit, we can't.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Estaqiuo is a Bradley replacement except he is more offensive capable then Bradley ever was.

SE's skillset is the prototypical MLS DP of the South American AM variety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Now...next issue do we have an international spot for Seba?
    He would fill one of the bonus international slots - only Vázquez uses one right now. So he's good (plus might be a permanent resident as someone else noted, so might not even need that).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Staq is a tweener in Europe. There are a lot of guys like him there. Good enough to be a regular on a good team, not good enough to ever draw a serious transfer bid (somebody above said Porto would think they can get $20M , I doubt that very much). JDG2 was a classic example.

He could be bought and I think he will be bought by a Canadian team before 2026. Question is who, and when.
    $20M CAD is around $13M Euro, I don't think that's an unreasonable price for a transfer of his quality.

He is exactly the type of player you buy now and build around. Not and Insigne or a Berna.

Perfect MB replacment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stephen Eustaquio
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Rafael Toloi.
    Nice player. Wouldn’t he have way better options than TFC in Europe?
    Staq is a tweener in Europe. There are a lot of guys like him there. Good enough to be a regular on a good team, not good enough to ever draw a serious transfer bid (somebody above said Porto would think they can get $20M , I doubt that very much). JDG2 was a classic example. He could be bought and I think he will be bought by a Canadian team before 2026. Question is who, and when.
    Agree, he would likely have better options in Europe; so would Staq. Both seem possible; question is who's more probable. As always, it depends.

My suggestion is predicated on the Italians still being here; part of the project. At this moment, I think we need a stalwart CB more than another MF. IIUC, Toloi should be high to max TAM. A well rounded player. Captain. Contract up end of this season; a free transfer or marginal cost if the need/attempt is earlier. Has been left off Spalletti's MNT? He and his wife have roots in Brazil and Toronto is a little/few hours closure in travel time.

I think your value assessment of Staq is fair. However, Porto (the Portuguese) do not typically 'give away' their players. Barring a negative, I would still expect his worth to be at the low double digit range. Certainly more than TFC have usually paid to date; yes, even more than the MB 10M. Obviously his brother is back in Canada, Toronto; assistant coaching at YUTDFC? As to other family ties, my understanding is all are in Portugal. I believe his father has survived his mother and his wife's et al are Portuguese as well. Maybe he is nostalgic (hey Leamington!) and decides Canada... anywhere, is a great place to start a family. I am not sure how his blink of time at Cruz Azul would impact his thinking. Also, I suspect it depends on Herdman's short-term thoughts on TFC play style and ideas/sitch about Coello, Ibarra, Osorio and to some extent MBradley. A core mid-field with the options of Coello, Eustaquio, Ibarra and Osorio is enticing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only problem I have with Eustaquio is TFC ruining him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Same. I would rather he stay in Europe and see what he can do. Let's pick a different young guy to overpay & ruin.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has he had a lower body injury yet? Everyone who comes here gets one.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Has he had a lower body injury yet? Everyone who comes here gets one.....
    He has to sign first. It's part of their initiation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Stefan Savic at CB? He is a bigtime leader/warrior type, played with Fede at Fiorentina… he would be expensive…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Stefan Savic at CB? He is a bigtime leader/warrior type, played with Fede at Fiorentina… he would be expensive…
    Has to be out of our price range, I would think. Although he must be getting up there in years, as he was at citeh a decade ago, or thereabouts.

EDIT: Looked it up, he's 32 and still starting at Atletico Madrid. I suspect too expensive but yeah, right type of profile.

WE really need a line leader. Smith has made Zimmerman a much better defender, and you should see how he barks it out during a game. He's almost torn Lukas' head off for being out of position several times this season.
    Last edited by jloome; 09-12-2023 at 12:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.tfcrepublic.ca/sept-13-t...rdan-perruzza/

Good piece from John about Peruzza. His head is screwed on right, even if he hasn't quite shown it yet.

Interesting that he finds the CPL tougher than Next Pro (which is basically the former USL II, which is now more youth oriented), because of the number of older and veteran players.

Still don't know if he'll make it but if he gets the right coach, at least he has the right attitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little rumour I just heard.. Seba is signing for the balance of this year and next and Insinge is 99% chance of not coming back next year. I don’t know the specifics on how he’s leaving. I suspect it’s a free transfer to get his salary off the books
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 09-13-2023 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    A little rumour I just heard.. Seba is signing for the balance of this year and next and Insinge is 99% chance of not coming back next year. I don’t know the specifics on how he’s leaving. I suspect it’s a free transfer to get his salary off the books
    How accurate is your rumour source?

Signing Seba for next year is incredibly hard to believe... unless he's on a league minimum. Even then..

Unrelated Note - Marco Veratti joined the qatari league.. one guy I would have loved to see here. Sad ending for such a quality player.
    Last edited by SenorDingDong; 09-13-2023 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    How accurate is your rumour source?

Signing Seba for next year is incredibly hard to believe... unless he's on a league minimum. Even then..

Unrelated Note - Marco Veratti joined the qatari league.. one guy I would have loved to see here. Sad ending for such a quality player.

show some respect! lol- guy has some connection and has called stuff months before it happend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whitecaps to sign Junior Hoilett. Sad that TFC overlooks a local guy however instead brings in crap like Diomande.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Whitecaps to sign Junior Hoilett. Sad that TFC overlooks a local guy however instead brings in crap like Diomande.
    Rumors now are its only for remainder of this season than both sides will assess.

So Herdmann could still get Richie and him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumors now are its only for remainder of this season than both sides will assess.

So Herdmann could still get Richie and him.
    Pls no more players over 30 I'm done. And the only time we had the opportunity for Eustaquio was before Porto. He playing too well to leave Europe unless DP money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How accurate is your rumour source? Signing Seba for next year is incredibly hard to believe... unless he's on a league minimum. Even then.. Unrelated Note - Marco Veratti joined the qatari league.. one guy I would have loved to see here. Sad ending for such a quality player.
    Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    show some respect! lol- guy has some connection and has called stuff months before it happend.
    TheGoodson, is your source the same as previous instances? Or is, could, the source be speculating further upon the recent rumour that we will learn within the next few weeks if Lollo will return to SerieA - Fiorentina at the end of this MLS season; by the end of this year?

https://www.sportnews.eu/2023/09/11/...ascia-toronto/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TheGoodson, is your source the same as previous instances? Or is, could, the source be speculating further upon the recent rumour that we will learn within the next few weeks if Lollo will return to SerieA - Fiorentina at the end of this MLS season; by the end of this year?

Highly doubtful.

There's no reason, timing wise, for anything like that to happen now or be released in the next two weeks. There are no open transfer windows, and it would be at least a month, possibly more, premature of an actual move, which would be disruptive to everyone involved.

I think we're all aware at this point that 99% of this shit is just made up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Highly doubtful.

There's no reason, timing wise, for anything like that to happen now or be released in the next two weeks. There are no open transfer windows, and it would be at least a month, possibly more, premature of an actual move, which would be disruptive to everyone involved.

I think we're all aware at this point that 99% of this shit is just made up.
    There's been articles like this of Lorenzo leaving since he got off the plane here. If he goes anywhere its Turkey or Saudi. I don't think he ever goes to a Napoli competitor in SerieA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes and I didn’t follow up cause I don’t really care. I’m so drained by this team I have zero affection for 98% of the team and they truly need to clean house for me to get excited again.

To clarify my earlier statement Insigne will leave after the season so in the winter market in Europe. Where he goes I could care less as I never liked him for numerous reasons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes and I didn’t follow up cause I don’t really care. I’m so drained by this team I have zero affection for 98% of the team and they truly need to clean house for me to get excited again.
    Sorry to hear. Lot of us in this boat. I’m going to take to mostly watching from a distance. Emotionally investing in this team currently is like banging your head against the wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To clarify my earlier statement Insigne will leave after the season so in the winter market in Europe. Where he goes I could care less as I never liked him for numerous reasons
    No... your source believes he will leave. There's a significant difference. Many people work at TFC. Only about three have any real say in what happens to players, and I'm pretty sure it didn't come from one of them.

People who work for TFC leak shit constantly that they've "heard", and about 10% of it actually comes to pass. They have zero internal control over information flow.

Ask your source what European club is going to pick up his contract. It's delusional. Equally delusional is the notion that he's just going to leave $20M in salary alone, before his guaranteed bonuses (which could be another $13M on top, to my understanding.)

If you can find a club in Europe that will give Lorenzo Insigne thirty-three million dollars, I'll start believing it's likely he's gone.

The only way he's going is if someone in Saudi buys him. TFC isn't going to pay it out, and I don't believe any human being is giving up that much just to play the last two or three years of his career back in Europe.

I know your source has given you good stuff in the past, but this does not pass the smell test of probability.

I also know the top two guys don't want him to leave, at least not cheaply. They wish he was carrying the team more, yes, but he's not the one of the two Italians they were hoping would go.

And now, the other one has stopped constantly misbehaving.

If they could get VALUE sales out of them, they would take them, because what they're spending relative to what they're getting is insufficient. But they don't have any magic wand to moot the contracts, so they're trying instead to get value out of them as players.

If someone makes an even half-decent Fede bid, he will be gone, because they figure he's another Van Der Wall and just a bad day away from another outburst.

If someone would pay off the vast majority of Insigne's deal, he would be gone, because he's not the leader they imagined and he isn't getting statistical value for money.

But their plan for next year, as of about three weeks ago, is to have both back and playing.
    Last edited by jloome; 09-14-2023 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is he's allowed to go on a free? Does that shift the cost equation enough for some European teams?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is he's allowed to go on a free? Does that shift the cost equation enough for some European teams?
    To release him, which is what that would be, we would have to pay out his contract first.

It's not going to happen. TFC is not going to pay $33M to get a more productive DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JLoome…

I’m just telling everyone what I heard and all of the info I have been told has been bang on. Sometimes family life takes precedent. over money. And people leaving a lot of money on the table to do what’s best for his family…

Insigne was never worth the money. He only signed cause Manning doubled his offer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JLoome…

I’m just telling everyone what I heard and all of the info I have been told has been bang on. Sometimes family life takes precedent. over money. And people leaving a lot of money on the table to do what’s best for his family…

Insigne was never worth the money. He only signed cause Manning doubled his offer
    I get that. At the same time, I know who my source at the club is, and I'm telling you now, this isn't a thing. No one has made an offer for him, he has not requested to leave or made a buyout attempt.

I'll go further: they've had no formal interest in EITHER player. People know what they're being paid as a matter of public record. They've had feelers about Bernardeschi, but that's all.

As I said, if someone made a record offer, they'd take it. But that's literally what it would take, the biggest sale in club history, and someone in Serie A willing to pay him what he makes here.

He has a contract. If he leaves, we still have to pay that, or whoever takes him does, or he has to forgo it.

Nobody is forgiving $33M for two years of football in Italy. It's just not going to happen. The club knows this. Manning is well aware that they are priced out of every market except Saudi Arabia or England, and there has been no interest from either.
    Last edited by jloome; 09-14-2023 at 10:47 AM.