Page 120 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Expected? FYI / FWIW…

Well that explains the Gavran signing instead of letting Ranjitsingh be the backup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jloome are you hearing anything on the Italians or anyone else being transferred out?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    Jloome are you hearing anything on the Italians or anyone else being transferred out?
    I do not expect much player movement between now and the end of the season.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status...21546384195896

the dumpster fire continues.

honestly both the italians have been so unprofessional.

i know things are going very badly and they've clearly feeling aggrieved at being misled by bill manning about what they were signing up for, but this is embarrassing behaviour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's also just more a culture thing.

Italians wear their passion on their sleeves.
    Canadians are much more reserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/tombogert/status...21546384195896

the dumpster fire continues.

honestly both the italians have been so unprofessional.

i know things are going very badly and they've clearly feeling aggrieved at being misled by bill manning about what they were signing up for, but this is embarrassing behaviour.
    Perhaps from his perspective there's something fundamentally wrong with the way they're training, but he's not getting the support he thinks he needs.

Problematically, based on his ability level and Terry's, I suspect we'd find his take was the right one.

Clearly, storming off -- if it happened -- is not the way to handle it. But sometimes if you feel impotently rage-filled walking away is a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    Nah, my sources have pretty much gone silent dude. Nothing in quite a while. They're pretty busy and I'm likely a distraction at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having an under-17 youth coach in an organization without much success developing young players and who is obviously out of his depth at the senior level working with world class talent is not a good idea. They are used to world class coaching and training. I’m not sure what management expects but they seem as out to lunch as they have been for years now.

A big paycheque is only part of what these players require. They also require something of the equivalent in training, coaching, tactics, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Having an under-17 youth coach in an organization without much success developing young players and who is obviously out of his depth at the senior level working with world class talent is not a good idea. They are used to world class coaching and training. I’m not sure what management expects but they seem as out to lunch as they have been for years now.

A big paycheque is only part of what these players require. They also require something of the equivalent in training, coaching, tactics, etc.
    https://theathletic.com/4805913/2023...onto-training/

He's being pretty petulant and primadonna-ish if this is accurate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the real question is who is leaking this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    https://theathletic.com/4805913/2023...onto-training/

He's being pretty petulant and primadonna-ish if this is accurate.
    Never seen a group of pundits and reporters in this league use our club as the drama/gossip mill/click driver more than that clique of mls reporters. It’s like they loathe we spend so much and that we’ve won hardware doing it - and hate all things that deter the local stories like Philly Union from winning the home grown Murica’ way- and now they love seeing our world burn lol.

Still… Good that it’s reported… since we have absolutely minimal presence locally. Interesting Tom is the one with the ears on the ground, that send him the messages when shits going down vs one of our local guys. Maybe that’s all one needs to see about how folks with inside information in the club trust any of the local beat guys (and how they are in TFCs back pocket)

I just wish it were our own local reporting presence that stirred the pot this much lol and kept the heat on.

As for Insigne and berna - they are Italians and emotion is gonna be on their sleeve. Shoulda been a bit more pro about it for sure- but it’s probably a summation of how amateur our club is being run atm if a guy whose a lifer Napoli player and azurri man flips his shit with a coach and team that have scored one goal and no wins since Bobby. Is he part of the problem? Absolutely- but maybe his patience is shot on how the team match preps vs other clubs, and lack of proper direction for the younger/less experienced dudes who need more hands on training. Just speculation tho I suppose.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the real question is who is leaking this.

I notice in the Athletic articles that not a single Canadian MNT player is ever criticized.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I notice in the Athletic articles that not a single Canadian MNT player is ever criticized.
    That brings about a heavy hmmmmmmm.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    That brings about a heavy hmmmmmmm.
    Its really interesting because when social media was all going after Kaye, a few weeks later an article comes out and Kaye is only mentioned as an anecdote.

&

NOBODY in the Athletic articles is discussing how CRAP the coaching or team play is.

Like, Insigne walks out of training

&

Guess what - in 20 minutes last week HE WAS OUR BEST PLAYER

But, god no, lets not discuss quality of players.

I'm not sure who this is putting out these "the Italians are being difficult" leaks but this smells of an agenda that has NOTHING to do with the quality of the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Its really interesting because when social media was all going after Kaye, a few weeks later an article comes out and Kaye is only mentioned as an anecdote.

&

NOBODY in the Athletic articles is discussing how CRAP the coaching or team play is.

Like, Insigne walks out of training

&

Guess what - in 20 minutes last week HE WAS OUR BEST PLAYER

But, god no, lets not discuss quality of players.

I'm not sure who this is putting out these "the Italians are being difficult" leaks but this smells of an agenda that has NOTHING to do with the quality of the team.
    Yeah, have to agree.

There are so many treads to pull at TFC with odd-ball events. Yet, nobody in our lazy press wants to chase them down outside of Kloke (which is only giving us one view).

Hate to break it to them but lazy Canadian Press style articles will be the death of their careers. It’s not even worth reading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to shoot it straight with you all.

It's straight up American/Canadian xenophobia, classic case of blame the foreigner for your shortcomings, protect the old boys at all costs.

If these people had any self awareness they would have sacked Dunfield a few games ago and got him as far away as possible. Dunfield just straight up exposed our entire academy system being inadequate.

How about we start seeing some articles on how much of a failure the TFC academy is with it being in such a Canadian talent rich area, instead of the Insigne walks out of training, where the hell is the follow-up on why that's happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'm going to shoot it straight with you all.

It's straight up American/Canadian xenophobia, classic case of blame the foreigner for your shortcomings, protect the old boys at all costs.

If these people had any self awareness they would have sacked Dunfield a few games ago and got him as far away as possible. Dunfield just straight up exposed our entire academy system being inadequate.

How about we start seeing some articles on how much of a failure the TFC academy is with it being in such a Canadian talent rich area, instead of the Insigne walks out of training, where the hell is the follow-up on why that's happening.
    It seems clear that the Italians find something severely lacking at TFC. But then so do we all.

Prime donne sometimes are right and one should certainly never employ them to play with mostly mediocre company. That’s a recipe for disaster. Terry, no doubt, is a nice guy but can you see him managing in a top five league? We need a manager who at least gives the appearance of being capable of such a thing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

multiple things can be true at the same time.

terry dunfield is clearly several levels out of his depth. managing in a top 5 league? I can see him in a top 25 league.

the choice to keep him around while the players know he won't be here next season is leading to half assed effort. his tactics are severely lacking and we seem to get worse every week.

also true is that every indication seems to be the italians have been a fairly malignant presence in the dressing room since they got here. insigne is our best player by a mile but the way him and bernardeschi have conducted themselves this season has been severely lacking.

best case for everyone at this point is if we cut our losses. i wonder if that's even a possibility with insigne at his wage, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think best case is to cut the old guard (Bradley etc) and get a coach (Tata Marino style) that can actually handle big personalities.

Anyway, the last time an Athletic article came out Insigne played his ass off and we won.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

terry dunfield is clearly several levels out of his depth. managing in a top 5 league? I can see him in a top 25 league.
    Top 25 collegiate maybe or high school. Not pro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prime donne sometimes are right and one should certainly never employ them to play with mostly mediocre company. That’s a recipe for disaster.
    Yeah, people sometimes struggle when they get an up close look at their heros. We expect other-worldly talent but at the same time the humanity of Mother Teresa and the modesty of a garbage man.

Usually these guys are some combination of too eccentric, too cutthroat, or too much of an asshole. You put up with their shit because they are great at achieving things (in fairness working this hard at any one thing normally leaves some odd personality scars). Management’s job is to keep the talent happy and keep their antics out of the view of the public. If you’re really lucky, you get a genuine good person but they are the exception rather than the rule.

I remember our bad teams of the early years. My comment at the time was one day we’ll see better footballers but as far as good people goes this is the top. I stand by that statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    I think best case is to cut the old guard (Bradley etc) and get a coach (Tata Marino style) that can actually handle big personalities.

Anyway, the last time an Athletic article came out Insigne played his ass off and we won.
    I suspect the Italians would more or less behave positively if they had confidence in their coaches, training and tactics. The better the players around them all for the better. For sure they should not have confidence in the current situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it’s not only the money paid and the city (this is not a ‘minor’ city like many cities in which football is played), videos of the (previously) serious and loving fans in a full stadium, but also the training grounds, infrastructure, the small team of people helping the transition of foreign players and their families, and the existence of the sister teams, esp with the NBA stars… all this speaks of an elite club. It’s not necessarily expected that in this sort of setup, with this kind of money spent, the training, coaching, and scouting is going to be 2nd or 4th rate.

That is of course on our FO, as many have pointed out. MLS teams have gotten serious about hiring Sporting directors, etc. who are indeed world class and have world class experience. We are nowhere near that approach. Players don’t come here to be mediocre and that is not the line we give them when we woo them. If I was a ‘top’ footballer faced with the reality here, I’d probably want out.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 08-26-2023 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it’s not only the money paid and the city (this is not a ‘minor’ city like many cities in which football is played), videos of the (previously) serious and loving fans in a full stadium, but also the training grounds, infrastructure, the small team of people helping the transition of foreign players and their families, and the existence of the sister teams, esp with the NBA stars… all this speaks of an elite club. It’s not necessarily expected that in this sort of setup, with this kind of money spent, the training, coaching, and scouting is going to be 2nd or 4th rate.

That is of course on our FO, as many have pointed out. MLS teams have gotten serious about hiring Sporting directors, etc. who are indeed world class and have world class experience. We are nowhere near that approach. Players don’t come here to be mediocre and that is not the line we give them when we woo them. If I was a ‘top’ footballer faced with the reality here, I’d probably want out.
    This right here. Terry fucking Dunfield coaching Italian national team members for a prolonged period of time? On top of everything else, I’m surprised they aren’t pulling a Defoe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened to Owusu ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF? WTF. WTF! J.H.C. ...

(I thought he was just feeling under the weather; travel, cold/covid?)

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 08-27-2023 at 07:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    WTF? WTF. WTF! J.H.C. ...

(I thought he was just feeling under the weather; travel, cold/covid?)

TFC: If it ain't broke, break it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost like we didn’t give him a proper physical when he joined…

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terry Dunfield: “The thing that gives us hope is that collectively we're becoming difficult to beat.”“We're organized defensively, we're becoming a threat in transition, and from where we were 9 weeks ago, we're creating chances that we now need to take.”

is he trolling us now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terry Dunfield: “The thing that gives us hope is that collectively we're becoming difficult to beat.”“We're organized defensively, we're becoming a threat in transition, and from where we were 9 weeks ago, we're creating chances that we now need to take.”

is he trolling us now?
    He might as well have said: We had them right where we wanted them. All we had to do was score and not get scored on.