Page 49 of 138 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 4129
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Agree with your assessment; hoping for the best- better. Unfortunately, the counter to that thought merry-go-round is three words... Diomande and Sapong.
    Sapong has 1 goal in 37 games and dio has barely played.

Both were OK.as punts (although dio way too expensive) but Campana a different class

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About Campana I agree with you; and others. However, a presumption, though logical, is being made; given IMCF's circumstances and TFC's recent connect, Mabika, to them. Technically BB has already struck out at the striker need; JJ, AD, CJS. Let's hope this third at 'within' MLS bat is at least a hit and not a strike... out as well.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-25-2023 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Spelling & Punctuation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did this tweet say (approximately)? It's gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    What did this tweet say (approximately)? It's gone.
    It was an emoji on an hourglass ⌛️

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    It was an emoji on an hourglass ⌛️

imo it was in relation to something else, he deleted when he found out bob was going to get fired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I think the window/idea/plan/path significantly changed with BB exit. With the change coming in advance of the window (July 5) it’s likely they will try to make a run at playoffs.

To me that means
    1. Striker
    2. CB
    3. Mid

Though he’s interim I think they would try to help Dunfield with adds that he’d be able to work with if only short term. What style does Dunfield play with the academy? I know it’s a flow down system but what style would he likely use?

Edit - I’m assuming he’s here more than 2-3 games.
    Last edited by Webdogg; 06-26-2023 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terry knows the young players having coached/seen many of them in the academy setup. Hopefully he can get the best out of Berna who has been poor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andi Petrillo made the point today that it's on the DPs as well to turn it around, not just the new manager. But she didn't help her argument by pointing out the Italians' stats: Insigne has 9 goals in 24 games, Bernardeschi has 11 in 32.

That projects to 14 goal season for Insigne and 12 for Bernardeschi. From the wing. That's really not bad. If we had anyone who could score regularly in the middle and an offensive set that favored it, they'd probably both end up with something close to double digit assists as well.

AS bad as they sometimes look, the overall numbers don't exactly suggest they're being humiliated by MLS.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are not great either for two of the Hightest paid players in the league. And let’s be honest Bernie is not playing the way he did last year, he stopped playing for BB, deserved or not. The only really good thing that comes out of this is that Manning will spend to try to save face. But renewing Richie isn’t enough, we need the attacker, time will tell.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Andi Petrillo made the point today that it's on the DPs as well to turn it around, not just the new manager. But she didn't help her argument by pointing out the Italians' stats: Insigne has 9 goals in 24 games, Bernardeschi has 11 in 32.

That projects to 14 goal season for Insigne and 12 for Bernardeschi. From the wing. That's really not bad. If we had anyone who could score regularly in the middle and an offensive set that favored it, they'd probably both end up with something close to double digit assists as well.

AS bad as they sometimes look, the overall numbers don't exactly suggest they're being humiliated by MLS.
    also if they had a striker who was a real goal threat both of them would probably have more opportunities to score as well.

it's really really annoying that we haven't managed to bring in a decent striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    also if they had a striker who was a real goal threat both of them would probably have more opportunities to score as well.

it's really really annoying that we haven't managed to bring in a decent striker.
    Why so surprised? In the history of TFC we have had exactly two quality strikers (Gio, Altidore) that played multiple seasons for us. We have had a few quality strikers that have gone through the motions for us (Defoe, Koevermans, Cunningham) but never really stuck, and dozens of hail-Mary players that were tantalizing in their disappointmnet.

MLSE, as a rule, does not build good teams. Sometimes they luck into them....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie Laryea...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning seemed to confirm that osorio is the third dp and that we neither have the salary cap room to move him off it or the budget to get another DP even if we had the cap room, so it's unlikely we're going to be in the market in a big way unless we move people out which is a tall order

That CJ Sapong signing was a really, really bad one with the cap room that we had. A really really bad one. Leveraging our future to avoid bob getting sacked for a few weeks more and it didn't even do that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Manning seemed to confirm that osorio is the third dp and that we neither have the salary cap room to move him off it or the budget to get another DP even if we had the cap room, so it's unlikely we're going to be in the market in a big way unless we move people out which is a tall order

That CJ Sapong signing was a really, really bad one with the cap room that we had. A really really bad one. Leveraging our future to avoid bob getting sacked for a few weeks more and it didn't even do that
    How much is Sapong on and was there a transfer fee?

After a promising debut he’s been very poor. I wonder why he was doing so much for Insigne in particular in that first game and then so little? A few misses and Insigne loses confidence in him? But Sapong even set up Insigne beautifully in the box in the first game and then never again. Having no offensive structure doesn’t help, no doubt! But still the drop off from that first game was extreme. After his moves Sapong usually plays well and puts the ball in the net for at least half a season. Here we had one game and that was pretty much that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    How much is Sapong on and was there a transfer fee?

After a promising debut he’s been very poor. I wonder why he was doing so much for Insigne in particular in that first game and then so little? A few misses and Insigne loses confidence in him? But Sapong even set up Insigne beautifully in the box in the first game and then never again. Having no offensive structure doesn’t help, no doubt! But still the drop off from that first game was extreme. After his moves Sapong usually plays well and puts the ball in the net for at least half a season. Here we had one game and that was pretty much that.
    600k I believe. If this wasn't a salary capped league I could see it, he's not terrible, but with our cap situation it was a "fuck the future I need to stay in the job right now" move that did nobody any favours long term

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

600k I believe. If this wasn't a salary capped league I could see it, he's not terrible, but with our cap situation it was a "fuck the future I need to stay in the job right now" move that did nobody any favours long term
    nashville are covering part of sapong's salary.

but thats offset as we are still paying some of jesus jiminez's salary

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bad look for bob

edit, but embedding didnt work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bad look for bob

Seems to have been deleted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s my understanding that the single buyout per year can be used anytime during the season now, not just before. If that’s true and it hasn’t been used this year, Hernandez should drop Rosted, and free up a ton of cap space. Not like he’s starting now anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    It’s my understanding that the single buyout per year can be used anytime during the season now, not just before. If that’s true and it hasn’t been used this year, Hernandez should drop Rosted, and free up a ton of cap space. Not like he’s starting now anyways.
    No it should go on Diomande. At least Rosted technically can play. Diomande will be getting paid $585K for another year and a half to not even train.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    No it should go on Diomande. At least Rosted technically can play. Diomande will be getting paid $585K for another year and a half to not even train.
    That’s true, but if neither plays isn’t Rosted getting paid considerably more?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    That’s true, but if neither plays isn’t Rosted getting paid considerably more?
    Not that much more and we still need CB depth no matter what especially with Hedges working with our physios.

We have a glut of forwards who are absolutely useless and he leads the way.

Also I usually give any 'new to MLS' player a 6 month getting acclimatized period before judgment. With our team that's a tough one due to our first 6 months of chaos & disfunction but there was some evidence early on that he may not be totally useless. Diomande on the other hand can't even train so what's the point.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 06-27-2023 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bad look for bob

What did it say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if anyone remembers, but I mentioned a while back that even though we have allegedly one of the best analytics teams in the league, Bob did not favor using them.

The first thing Hernandez said that made me a little optimistic was that they were going to start paying attention to league markers and comparisons. Our pay structure is so out of whack compared to other MLS clubs it's not funny.

I know one of his criticism of scouting was that under Dodd we paid very little attention to stats and analytics. It was all based on getting a recommendation from someone he trusted.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This

Devon Pleurer is one of the best analytics guys in the sport & he's not really been replaced in that role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In non new manager news, Luke Singh made his Trinidad debut last night in their Gold Cup win.

May end out being a decent player yet for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to have been deleted?
    Maybe this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that Larin is staying at Valladolid, I wouldn't be surprised if he recommends Richie. They'll want to go straight back up.