Page 75 of 138 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Dunfield let it slip - he's had a minder in his pressers since the first day often looking over at somebody before he says something to get a nod.
    Probably their communications director making sure he stays "on message", which will be whatever they discussed before the presser. Pretty common at the legislature, less so at sports pressers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Probably their communications director making sure he stays "on message", which will be whatever they discussed before the presser. Pretty common at the legislature, less so at sports pressers.
    Yeah thats pretty common in many other MLSE teams with new coaches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love him but can we get younger….please!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i noticed that also...that is real creepy if they are censoring mannings sacrifical lamb dunny,god i hate this FO
    More like ...and I agree with this....Dunfield isn't all that good at the PR stuff.

Like, he makes Wheels sound coherent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More like ...and I agree with this....Dunfield isn't all that good at the PR stuff.

Like, he makes Wheels sound coherent.
    That is kinda refreshing god forbid we have some raw honest talk from someone.
    Last edited by reggie; 07-14-2023 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinball is an amazing speaker. He came to my school way back when I was in high school and did a motivational speech and he had everyone engaged and motivated. I'm sure he speaks to all the MLSE teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    OK I am doing what I said I wouldn’t….

1) Pinball works for their boss. This is just kabuki. We just made this mistake (the BB/MB fiasco) ... Does everything around this team have to have such potential for awkwardness and insincerity? We can't just find some way or some other speaker somewhere, anywhere? Nope. We are all about “synergy” here, Bill has the solution right at hand.

2) As to whether Pinball can have an impact, maybe, sure.. but let's look at the first three recent speaking engagements that turn up on google:
    - https://www.thespec.com/life/pinball...672ed9dc.html?
    - https://prepskills.com/michael-pinba...-expo-join-us/
    - http://www.oromedontecc.com/2021-business-awards.html

This is a league where Patrick Mahomes, Will Ferrell, Giannis Antetokoumpo, Magic Johnson, Kevin Durant, Steve Nash, Reese Witherspoon, Matthew McConnaughy, Drew Carey, Macklemore…. are owners. People like that own stakes in more than half the teams!

I will bet you money that the stature of people talking to players in other locker rooms is a whole lot different than Pinball. I mean no disrespect to him.
    Seems a bit of an embarrassment to me… not to mention that the Italians must find Canada weird! I remember Criscito’s impression of Toronto as Disneyland. Pinball Clemens motivating Lorenzo Insigne… that’s a good one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for roster moves, I was expecting an U 22 six a long time ago. So, good, even if a band-aid. And frankly I trust Atlanta on young South American talent more than I do us.

It’s an interesting league in that way, really an Americas New World league. One club favours signing Germans, another Scandinavians, another Brits, and then the SA content. Look at Tata’s U 22 requested adds to Miami! Together it’s a picture of many decades or even century’s of North American immigration.

And Kaye for Blessing, we’ll see if it works out, but it sounds a good shot. If we can add an effective striker and stay healthier we should be quite watchable (given a decent coach should we get one).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One last thing on MAK. I hope to God they have a decent counseling program at NER because this move after this experience has probably crushed him personally. The uploaded video of his goodbye today has so many flags popping off in my HR brain.
    For me, regardless of consent, the red flag here is that it seems it's 'TFC' that is filming his 'goodbye' to his teammates and posting it. I would have much preferred if it was a MarkTheWizzz initiative and post; to then be reposted/retweeted by TFC. On the other hand, his insta message to Revs fans seems very upbeat. Perhaps the transfer and goodbye was more shock than traumatic?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Seems a bit of an embarrassment to me… not to mention that the Italians must find Canada weird! I remember Criscito’s impression of Toronto as Disneyland. Pinball Clemens motivating Lorenzo Insigne… that’s a good one.
    I think about 33% of criscitos home games were during the ex..

I can see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding the Fede to Bologna transfer rumour. Earlier yesterday in this thread I suggested caution not because of the cited poster or original source but for it's mention of Beppe Bozzo. Failed to realize that the agency change about May of this year taken by Fede was actually a return to a former; Bozzo's and his AGB Sport Management, whom Fede left after his move from Fiorintina to Juve. FWIW, while at Juve Fede left Bozzo to join Mino Raiola whom he subsequently left due to his sickness and then death to join TFC through Federico Pastorello's agency; P&P Sport Management

Seems speculation is that the main hurdle is Fede's wage; surprise, surprise, it's Joey's BolognaFC! While the clubs coach Motta apparently highly values Fede, the club is run on shoestrings. His TFC USD6M wage is about more than a 1/3 of BFC's highest, Arnautovic's/CF @ circa USD3.85M and more than 1/2 of BFC's second highests, Sansone/LW, Soriano/AM and Orsolino/RW, all @ circa USD2.27M. Fede would have to accept/offer the discounted-discount rate for his service. Might happen; IDK.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-15-2023 at 04:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These guys are paid to play - if he does not succeed at playing, he does not deserve the vitriol on social media. That is the problem.

And the loudspeaker guy can go pound sand.
    I must agree here!
    Yes, he's making this year probably what 5 experienced guys having master's degree would make in total this year on a averagely well-paying, or well-paying jobs!
    But he does not play bad intentionally! The main culprits are those hiring him.

If at a big established company, with a solid HR department is hired a guy with a guaranteed contract for "X" years, with a well researched and documented work history for at least 20 years (equivalent in some more "regular" job compared to pro sports) who is paid 10 times more like the other master's degree holders are paid at this company, but the guy will perform at his job after a full year like a dude with a highest level of education being 10 classes, not that HR department is the guilty one?

I mean unless the guy has gone completely mad, mad like he should be interned in a mental institution, why would anyone do his job intentionally bad, when knowing if he performs good enogh, he still has "X-1" years on the job, but otherwise he can be fired? The employee getting mentally insane would be the one and only reason when not the HR department is the guilty one hiring him, if he is drastically underperforming.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-15-2023 at 03:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reference the NFFC Sam Surridge transfer to MLS's NFC because of it's reported USD6.5M transfer fee. For me, this is nuts for that players and causes havoc upon Richie Laryea's valuation. Until this occurrence, I had hoped the lack of news on RL's situation from NFFC or TFC was an indication TFC was trying hard to find a way to make it work to keep him. A suspicion of mine being maybe because RL just might prefer to stay in North America for family reasons. Either with TFC and, if not, then within MLS with an east coast club. The worse scenario for myself is that he does not go to Europe but ends up with another MLS club. That would be the cherry on the top of a shit sundae of a season.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-15-2023 at 03:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For L&TFC, seems DAZN Italia suggested yesterday the first meeting has already taken place. Let's see what happens; if there is another/follow-up. Dazn is also indicating the transfer would not be contingent on Orsolini/RW staying or moving on. Fede as jloome has suggested several times is historically in SerieA transient positionally within the forward and mid lines.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-15-2023 at 04:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    I think about 33% of criscitos home games were during the ex..

I can see it.
    Hah, that’s funny. I didn’t think of that. He said there was no history in Toronto… true for many Italians, no doubt, but in fact the CNE grounds is early enough Toronto history… and the Food Building and the Horse Palace right beside our grounds qualify as history. Scadding cabin, the oldest building in the city… a tiny 18th century cabin would probably seem like pretty crude history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    FWIW, now some of the chatter is that that meeting may have involved discussions of a 'loan' scenario. Understand how that may work, just do not understand the why; if it makes sense for TFC/Fede given the situation? Is the position so untenable that the club needs to be doing favours for Saputo? Could it be an indication this rumour is weak?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-15-2023 at 06:08 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bologna = Joey

The motives behind these possible discussions (and I don't trust agent talk so that's an if ) are less then sincere interest. As previously indicated, Bologna can't afford him & there is no way TFC is going to loan out a DP - they stay on the books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bologna = Joey

The motives behind these possible discussions (and I don't trust agent talk so that's an if ) are less then sincere interest. As previously indicated, Bologna can't afford him & there is no way TFC is going to loan out a DP - they stay on the books.
    Only way it happens is if he mutually agrees to kill his contract and goes on a discount. Would be quite a bad ending for him if thatd how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    OK I am doing what I said I wouldn’t….

1) Pinball works for their boss. This is just kabuki. We just made this mistake (the BB/MB fiasco) ... Does everything around this team have to have such potential for awkwardness and insincerity? We can't just find some way or some other speaker somewhere, anywhere? Nope. We are all about “synergy” here, Bill has the solution right at hand.

2) As to whether Pinball can have an impact, maybe, sure.. but let's look at the first three recent speaking engagements that turn up on google:
    - https://www.thespec.com/life/pinball...672ed9dc.html?
    - https://prepskills.com/michael-pinba...-expo-join-us/
    - http://www.oromedontecc.com/2021-business-awards.html

This is a league where Patrick Mahomes, Will Ferrell, Giannis Antetokoumpo, Magic Johnson, Kevin Durant, Steve Nash, Reese Witherspoon, Matthew McConnaughy, Drew Carey, Macklemore…. are owners. People like that own stakes in more than half the teams!

I will bet you money that the stature of people talking to players in other locker rooms is a whole lot different than Pinball. I mean no disrespect to him.
    In the past he spoke at a fundraising kick-off I was involved in with a group of corporate leaders. He was excellent and very compelling. Don’t think anyone walked out of there thinking it was hokey. That’s my main experience with himin that kind of role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone else find all this negative talk on Pinball absurd? I think too many of you are way overthinking this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Total TFC
    @Total_TFC
    "Bernardeschi says yes to Bologna."

He is determined to leave Toronto FC and return to Italy, and he's convinced by the idea of joining Bologna. The operation is now starting to become more concrete. His salary is still an obstacle, but talks will continue.

[via
    @Gazzetta_

i dont know how reliable capology is but bologna was in the 30mil euro range last season and have a player in the 3.6 euro range and a bunch of guys at 2 mil euros
    Last edited by reggie; 07-15-2023 at 08:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His salary will have to go to like 1/3 of what it is here but if he wants out that's his only way.

They are probably asking for TFC to cover some

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    His salary will have to go to like 1/3 of what it is here but if he wants out that's his only way.

They are probably asking for TFC to cover some
    I am sure if they offer him $2 million Euros hell take it and run! Its not close to his $6.3 here, but hell be able to go back home and away from this mess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    I am sure if they offer him $2 million Euros hell take it and run! Its not close to his $6.3 here, but hell be able to go back home and away from this mess

I think we know now he is part of the mess though. His attitude and dressing room issues are toxic and he has been useless on the pitch for 10-12 games now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    I bet this mess starts clearing up a lot right after he leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Does anyone else find all this negative talk on Pinball absurd? I think too many of you are way overthinking this.
    It's all the anti-Argo sentiment here. Pinball is a motivator. Sports psychology is huge now and widely accepted, and Pinball fits into that perfectly with his positivity and motivation.

They're not bringing him in to be Ted Lasso (hiring a football coach to coach soccer), it's the same as any job in the world where they have a retreat day and bring in a guest speaker. I'm positive that teams all over the world do this. But anything connected to the Argos here and it gets ridiculed. Sure, Pinball is an Argos guy, but he's also a guy who loves the city of Toronto and loves people in general and wants to bring the best out of everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinball spoke as a keynote speaker at a Conference I was attending in London. I thought he was pretty goodm, as was did most of the other professional attendees based on their reactions. It might have worked, considering he was a top player in another sport, so other top players might respect him. In my opinion, it couldn't have done any more harm than what has been going on behind the scenes. I guess we'll see if it worked in a couple of hours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Pinball spoke as a keynote speaker at a Conference I was attending in London. I thought he was pretty goodm, as was did most of the other professional attendees based on their reactions. It might have worked, considering he was a top player in another sport, so other top players might respect him. In my opinion, it couldn't have done any more harm than what has been going on behind the scenes. I guess we'll see if it worked in a couple of hours.
    I think he is a great motivator regardless of his past sports achievements. In a small group like he spoke to with TFC for sure he would leave a good impression. The guy has crazy infectious enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think his motivation skills are fine. But the fact he reports to Bill and it’s an international team makes it a bit of an odd fit. And signing that game ball… is that like their pledge to save Bill’s job or something? Sort of setting them up to all feel like failures again.

I think they have to let the stench in the room air out more before they hit everyone with this stuff. And sort out the Italians. Until then, too many things hanging over the team.