Page 48 of 138 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The regression of every single player since coming under BB, makes it impossible to properly assess the roster right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    The regression of every single player since coming under BB, makes it impossible to properly assess the roster right now.
    Is it fair to say every single player's regressed since Bez left? We need a GM. And a President. And a Head Coach. And an actual Conditioning Team. At this point, the org is the problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Be fair, the score is never 10-0 on these things. It's far from 10-0 on this.

Hedges, Johnson, Laryea, none of these guys have “regressed” here. Sapong is probably the same, he has frustrated people for 10 years in this league. Ayo and Perruzza and JMR are all the same as when BB got here. MacNaughton, Frankin, Mabika, have got better under Bob.

Oso, hard to tell with injuries, but he always looks better for Canada. Insigne, again complicated by injuries, but he has obviously improved the the few games. MB got old.

Bernie, Kaye, O'Neill and Rosted have obviously regressed. Maybe Ptretta too, hard to tell.

Bob's issue is that most of his signings and trades haven’t worked, the BB/MB issue is poison and he won’t face it, and his on field tactics have been completely figured out by others.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-25-2023 at 07:31 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Is it fair to say every single player's regressed since Bez left? We need a GM. And a President. And a Head Coach. And an actual Conditioning Team. At this point, the org is the problem.
    The only players left from the Bez era are Oso & MB.

I was thinking about this last night when Gonzalez came on - only Akinola & JMR would have played with him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a snippet in the highlights where Twellman said that Bernardeschi is leaving his own teammates confused about where he is going on attack.

That was super interesting.

This may have been the problem with Jiminez, and no signing will solve it. Only a recognition of it by Bernie will fix it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Be fair, the score is never 10-0 on these things. It's far from 10-0 on this.

Hedges, Johnson, Laryea, none of these guys have “regressed” here. Sapong is probably the same, he has frustrated people for 10 years in this league. Ayo and Perruzza and JMR are all the same as when BB got here. MacNaughton, Frankin, Mabika, have got better under Bob.

Oso, hard to tell with injuries, but he always looks better for Canada. Insigne, again complicated by injuries, but he has obviously improved the the few games. MB got old.

Bernie, Kaye, O'Neill and Rosted have obviously regressed. Maybe Ptretta too, hard to tell.

Bob's issue is that most of his signings and trades haven’t worked, the BB/MB issue is poison and he won’t face it, and his on field tactics have been completely figured out by others.
    Pozuelo should be added to that and I think Insigne, too. Even improving he still hasn't hit the heights you'd expect which would be a seba like impact

The big name players other than Laryea have all underperformed under him. So Bernie I think gets an * next to his bad performances. He may just never work here, but it is context worth thinking about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When does the next transfer window open and is there any hope of changes being made. I doubt we have much in the way of cap space

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    There was a snippet in the highlights where Twellman said that Bernardeschi is leaving his own teammates confused about where he is going on attack.

That was super interesting.

This may have been the problem with Jiminez, and no signing will solve it. Only a recognition of it by Bernie will fix it.
    Or moving him to striker, the only position where he was continually successful, at Fiorentina.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    When does the next transfer window open and is there any hope of changes being made. I doubt we have much in the way of cap space
    july 5th...but teams are making moves already.but we need some outgoing before we get incoming i dont think we have any intl spots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thought on our roster is the players aren’t altogether terrible but they aren’t the right mix as a group.

Not enough speed for the way MLS is today. Not enough goal scoring in any situation. Too old. Too injury prone.

VV is still on our team. Remember him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Or moving him to striker, the only position where he was continually successful, at Fiorentina.
    Don’t know why Bob doesn’t try this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

out for me

rosted
    RP
    DIO
    CJ
    VV
    ayo to nashville
    KAYE on the bench
    we need 2 mids and a striker maybe a rb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Don’t know why Bob doesn’t try this.
    Don't know why he left us three at the back after we went down a man. We needed pressure on the ball upfield.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    july 5th...but teams are making moves already.but we need some outgoing before we get incoming i dont think we have any intl spots
    Exactly this and if we are even remotely serious about this year, we should be announcing a deal any day now, so our new DP attacker (CAM or Striker) Bernie status dependent can be ready to train and play July 8th. We have what we have for RSL & Orlando, Window Open, July 8th - St Louis, July 15 - Chicago.

Anything less than that or rumours that someone is coming on or around July 5th is just a waste of time. The season is already over now or by July 15th for sure (last game before league cup). If no moves Manning has given up on this season already and therefor Manning Out, should have happened with Curtis Out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is not going anywhere until it gets a DP striker. I said it last winter. I'll say it again. In football you need strikers, and we need strikers more than anyone right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    TFC is not going anywhere until it gets a DP striker. I said it last winter. I'll say it again. In football you need strikers, and we need strikers more than anyone right now.
    this X 1000, especially in MLS.

has there ever been a title contending team without a DP striker banging in goals?

we have lots of problems, but if we had a striker that can score things look way better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    this X 1000, especially in MLS.

has there ever been a title contending team without a DP striker banging in goals?

we have lots of problems, but if we had a striker that can score things look way better.
    There are some. The NER team that flamed out but was otherwise quite good. Bob’s LAFC team. But it’s hard to argue both those team’s wouldn’t have been better off with an additional striker at DP.

I would like a real DP AM back too. Give me something fun to watch. This team is a snooze fest.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    There are some. The NER team that flamed out but was otherwise quite good. Bob’s LAFC team. But it’s hard to argue both those team’s wouldn’t have been better off with an additional striker at DP.

I would like a real DP AM back too. Give me something fun to watch. This team is a snooze fest.
    they didnt have DP strikers, buit they had strikers who scored regularly. we dont

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to temper expectations I think. By all accounts we lack the cap room and the owner will for a DP of any kind. The sapppong trade, if our cap is as bad as advertised, was potentially fatal in terms of any moves this window unless we can offload. Add to that MLSE allegedly in cost cutting mode with us and...yeah. I don't expect much at all this window.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    We need to temper expectations I think. By all accounts we lack the cap room and the owner will for a DP of any kind. The sapppong trade, if our cap is as bad as advertised, was potentially fatal in terms of any moves this window unless we can offload. Add to that MLSE allegedly in cost cutting mode with us and...yeah. I don't expect much at all this window.
    I honestly hope they do nothing. This management group should not be given the latitude. They’ve had carte blanche for the last 2 years and have screwed up a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Locking up Diamonde to a 6 year extension.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Locking up Diamonde to a 6 year extension.
    need to do what we can to get ayo/ dio off the books and bring in a DP forward.

also flipping rosted for another CB would be good too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need to do what we can to get ayo/ dio off the books and bring in a DP forward.

also flipping rosted for another CB would be good too.
    Think you were right on Twitter about it being Richie's loan extended. Would be nice if it was an actual DP quality striker though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Think you were right on Twitter about it being Richie's loan extended. Would be nice if it was an actual DP quality striker though.
    john molinaro article is very pointed today about the need for TFC to bring in a proven goalscorer in this window.

dunno if it means anything but doubt he would write something like that if was unrealistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a richie extention would be good.he is playing well.but it doesnt move the needle they need a striker and another mid,and to do that they need outgoing first

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

john molinaro article is very pointed today about the need for TFC to bring in a proven goalscorer in this window.

dunno if it means anything but doubt he would write something like that if was unrealistic.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/sta...19284065320963

very carefully worded, but sounds like a striker from MLS is likely.

would love it to be campana from miami, they will need to clear space with the retirement home galacticos arriving, and he has a decent goalscoring record (14 goals, 3 assists in 38 games, 30 starts).

also a good age profile and not huge cap hit as a young DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey leeds, just for future, since you do post a bunch of tweet links (thanks for them by the way)
    If you put [TWE.ET] the url inside of these without the periods [/TW.EET] it will post the actual tweet here so that we don't have to click on the url open the tweet in a new window

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/sta...19284065320963

very carefully worded, but sounds like a striker from MLS is likely...
    Agree with your assessment; hoping for the best- better. Unfortunately, the counter to that thought merry-go-round is three words... Diomande and Sapong.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Hey leeds, just for future, since you do post a bunch of tweet links (thanks for them by the way)
    If you put [TWE.ET] the url inside of these without the periods [/TW.EET] it will post the actual tweet here so that we don't have to click on the url open the tweet in a new window
    Oh, sweet

Thanks for that, will do in future