Page 7 of 138 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'm so pissed off about Shaffelburg. So pissed.

It sums up everything that isn't working with the current regime.

He won't be moulded into being a defender when he's clearly an attacker so Bradley just gets rid of him, we give him away.

Two goals in three games for Nashville. Who wants to bet against him getting 10 this year, playing next to Hany Mukhtar.

Got rid of Poz, so no one to feed him, I guess...

We're a shambles of football belief systems masquerading as fact.
    I’m less pissed about Shaff, just because realistically he’d be garbage for us. He needs confidence and solid minutes to develop and play well. He was never going to get that here. Moving him was right, we can argue over the figure though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    He was never going to get that here.
    He'd have been our starting left-winger for the last two weeks.

People seem to think those of us who wanted him to stay are overlooking playing time or something. But Insigne is 31 and has a recent injury history. Some of us fully expected him to get injured, and that we would need capable backup -- and late relief, regularly, at the least.

(Plus we have leagues cup now, and the Voyageurs cup. He'd have had plenty of playing time.)

What really happened is our manager didn't see value in him, and probably disliked his attitude for not wanting to become a fullback. I'd say Shaff came out of this just fine. The only side that lost out was TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came into this season with an open, optimistic mind.

We should be 0-3, everybody here knows it. Even that would be OK, you can be 0-3 and unlucky.

We do not look like a good team, the flow of play, our body language, it is all 100% wrong.

I don’t really care why, and I am not interested in the advanced stats arguments used to defend Bob. It isn’t working. There is a malaise around this team, last year, this year. We can all speculate as to why, I have stated my theory before, but really, who cares?

It is the manager who must fix it or go. Soon.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-13-2023 at 05:01 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

We should be 0-3, everybody here knows it. Even that would be OK, you can be 0-3 and unlucky.

We do not look like a good team, the flow of play, our body language, it is all 100% wrong.

I don’t really care why, and I am not interested in the advanced stats arguments used to defend Bob. It isn’t working. There is a malaise around this team, last year, this year. We can all speculate as to why, I have stated my theory before, but really, who cares?

It is the manager who must fix it or go. Soon.
    Yup, you are right the manager is largely to blame. However in the history of this club we have had so many managers come and go, but only one was successful. Given the track record of Bill Manning in hiring managers do you trust him enough to let him make this hire? I don't.

If I were ownership I would be more inclined to let this season play out and see what happens. If it is another lost season then at the end of the year you do a total house clean including Manning and both Bradley's. You then bring in an experienced sporting director with a proven track record and allow this person to hire his own manager and rebuild the club.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 03-13-2023 at 05:37 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

We should be 0-3, everybody here knows it.

Going to disagree here.

We should actually be 1 win & 2 draws. 10 minutes of "MLS late game insanity" is what is between us & that result. As for the hanging on for a point doesn't deserve a point theory - how many times have we NOT gotten those results in the past?

Is our midfield good enough?

No - I think MB is a bad influence on this team & should be replaced - his leadership approach & everything having to start through him is a problem.

Does our attack have issues?

If the midfield doesn't help, yes.

Is our defence solid?

Yes, and I stand by what I say when I say it is the best organized I have ever seen it.

Are we great? Heck no.

We are by no means crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are a middle of the pack team. I am starting to become concerned about our manager however.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    We should actually be 1 win & 2 draws.
    Are we great? Heck no.

We are by no means crap.
    I say we should be 1-1-1.

Should have beaten DC barring that ridiculous collapse. Should have lost at Atlanta with that offside although defensively we played well and we should have drawn the Crew as we did.

Are we crap? No.

Are we mediocre? Yes and we are paying a lot of money to be that and have high priced players who expect to be more than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't put much weight into the first three games. Sure it would've been great to have won all three but two of the first three were in pretty cold weather while the other one was on artificial turf. Not making excuses but it's too early to tell how our season is going to go. There wasn't a single player on Saturday on either side of the pitch that didn't feck up. Osorio did the hard part and didn't finish. Berna missed one. Richie knocked it over the bar from the six yard line. Columbus hit the post and somehow missed a few sitters themselves. I watched the game over on Sunday and it was a pretty slow paced game. Even if we don't do great this season ... we're way better than that. Lets see how we play into April and see if we're any better on grass in normal playing temperatures with our first choice eleven on the pitch for a couple of games in a row. All three games that we've played so far have been shit. Shit by both teams and to be honest, there was absolutely no reason they should have played that game on Saturday. It should've been postponed. I froze my ass off down there. My hands and feet were like ice cubes. Running about in shorts trying to kick a brick in that weather had to be painful out there. Just ask our keeper who got hit on the back of the head with a lob and was down on the ground for a couple of minutes.
    Last edited by buddies; 03-13-2023 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to disagree here.

We should actually be 1 win & 2 draws. 10 minutes of "MLS late game insanity" is what is between us & that result. As for the hanging on for a point doesn't deserve a point theory - how many times have we NOT gotten those results in the past?

No - I think MB is a bad influence on this team & should be replaced - his leadership approach & everything having to start through him is a problem.

Is our defence solid?

Yes, and I stand by what I say when I say it is the best organized I have ever seen it.

Are we great? Heck no.

We are by no means crap.
    OK we should have got something from the DC game. But Atlanta and Columbus, there is no escaping the fact that both looked miles better than us.

We are by no means crap, but are playing like crap. We are being outplayed.

I don't see what you see at the back. Maybe it'll be there, it is not that I see a problem there. I see us getting opened up regularly. This has much to do with the MB problem.

There is no joy out there. Something is obviously missing.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to disagree here.

Is our defence solid?

Are we great? Heck no.

We are by no means crap.
    I love the energy but come on, we've been outshot in all three games to a total of 43 to 18, and second best in all three games saved by luck, poor refereeing, bad misses and great goalkeeping. There's optimism, there's wild optimisn, and there's "Tfc should be 1 win and 2 draws on the season"

I think there's still some reason for optimism but let's not just invent a world we want to live in. People think we should have drawn with Columbus!? no neutral party would agree with that. They out shot us 17 - 7 and played us off the fucking park for 45 minutes.

Agree our defence is potentially good, though. I think I'd still take morrow, mavinga, moor and beitashore over it but it looks promising and is a real reason for optimism. Our defensive problems lie in mid field, but we do have absolutely huge problems in mid field

But our form is not "should be unbeaten start with one win and two draws" in this or any reality. It's "second best in three games for three, could easily have 0 points, but there's at least some signs that maybe some parts of the team may start working especially with insigne to come back"
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 03-14-2023 at 06:33 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminder about what this thread is about...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    For discussion of trades, rumours, and roster construction.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-14-2023 at 09:07 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Singh
    @MichaelSingh94
    ·
    20m
    BREAKING: Toronto FC star Lorenzo Insigne, 31, will miss the next 3-4 matches, club confirms. The Italian had a setback on Friday, and a follow-up image over the weekend showed aggravation of the groin.

from we hope he can play saturday to out another month,its becoming a clown show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too soon to declare Insigne a bust?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Yea too soon. Lets wait until July. I mean if has actually injured its unfortunate. Or if he is "injured" aka, waiting for the temps to rise before playing then that's not cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given it's still not particularly unlikely that he wins MLS MVP, yes. Yes it is. It's one injury, everyone, calm down. Footballers get injured. The sky isn't falling. He'll be back, and if at all motivated, will be one of the leagues best players
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 03-14-2023 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Given it's still not particularly unlikely that he wins MLS MVP, yes. Yes it is. It's one injury, everyone, calm down. Footballers get injured. The sky isn't falling. He'll be back, and if at all motivated, will be one of the leagues best players
    LI is a good player.but he is not a 14 mil player .5 to 7 mil range,but he helped manning reach his ST quota....MANNING MUST GO

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Michael Singh
    @MichaelSingh94
    ·
    20m
    BREAKING: Toronto FC star Lorenzo Insigne, 31, will miss the next 3-4 matches, club confirms. The Italian had a setback on Friday, and a follow-up image over the weekend showed aggravation of the groin.

from we hope he can play saturday to out another month,its becoming a clown show
    Not surprised since you could tell on Insigne's face and demeanor vs DC that it was a significant strain when he went down. FO downplayed it for sure and kept updates until the last hour in order to sell tix.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said earlier Shaffelburg > Insigne and I'm sticking to it until I see otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Whispers)

"Just gotta work harder" internal leadership...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't we completely misdiagnose JMR's leg injury last year too?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say this; Michael Bradley might be slow and getting old but that guy has held out injury free through all our physio debacles and poor training techniques. He's like an iron man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I will say this; Michael Bradley might be slow and getting old but that guy has held out injury free through all our physio debacles and poor training techniques. He's like an iron man.
    Talk about his decline all you want, the guy is incredibly durable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He'd have been our starting left-winger for the last two weeks.

People seem to think those of us who wanted him to stay are overlooking playing time or something. But Insigne is 31 and has a recent injury history. Some of us fully expected him to get injured, and that we would need capable backup -- and late relief, regularly, at the least.

(Plus we have leagues cup now, and the Voyageurs cup. He'd have had plenty of playing time.)

What really happened is our manager didn't see value in him, and probably disliked his attitude for not wanting to become a fullback. I'd say Shaff came out of this just fine. The only side that lost out was TFC.
    But he was literally never going to be able to play himself into a consistent starting role and that was the problem. Spot starting and subbing garbage minutes at this point in his career isn't going to have him performing or progressing to the level we know he has.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guttierez looks a good bit of depth, nice stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley has been incredible for this club. Do we need a replacement and backup option sure, but kudos to him for continuing to hold his own at his age and for being as duable as he has been.

Insigne injury is a major disappointment but I would not say Shaff is better than him. In hindsight it would be great to still have him on the roster but I also see the benefits of him getting regular minutes in terms of how that supports the national team. Not great for us but overall a postive development. Same goes for Jayden Nelson and Petrasso, I wish them nothign but the best and this creates more opportunity for the youngers kids to STEP UP. That's what we need from them right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this signing however I wonder where Bob sees Cristian playing on LB or LM, as a depth signing i think this is certainly a good pickup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good signing for depth and to compete with Petretta and Franklin...if he can play CM like his brother it gets even more interesting