Page 91 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I firmly believe we need to address the spine of our team first.

Mabika has a ton of potential, but is still so raw.

O'Neill and Rosted have proven they are basically just depth players.

Ibarra is only here until seasons end.

Bradley is 50/50 to retire.

Oso is starting to become injury prone.

Blessing is a good piece, but needs to regain form. Same can be said for Servania.

And at striker... You already know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per the Austin release. Hedges signed a new contract with them and appears locked in for 2024 with them. I guess Austin just wanted to spread the GAM over multiple years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    We have no idea how the rules have changed, stay calm people.
    This is fair

Under the current rules, this is a terrible move - and *classic* short sighted 'what will make the fans happy RIGHT NOW' Bill Manning thinking

But I will give them a potential rule change may make this one make sense. He's certainly a very good player.

But I'm not inclined to give the benefit of the doubt here, given how absurdly on brand a move like this in the current rules would be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I firmly believe we need to address the spine of our team first.

Mabika has a ton of potential, but is still so raw.

O'Neill and Rosted have proven they are basically just depth players.

Ibarra is only here until seasons end.

Bradley is 50/50 to retire.

Oso is starting to become injury prone.

Blessing is a good piece, but needs to regain form. Same can be said for Servania.

And at striker... You already know.
    Mailula will be our future Right Winger going forward

Mabika is raw, but the talent is there. Petretta and Mabika are the future of the left side of the Defense.

O'Neill and Rosted are just stop gaps for 2024

Bradly can and will retire or move on.

Osorio will be traded or we should look to off load him. At 31, his lack of leadership. That ship has sailed.

Our major need is Striker and Rightback. Both those positions are lacking currently.

Romero is also a very good GK. He has a strong post to post game and all he needs is consistent playing time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Molinario TFC have put in a bid for Laryea.

He better not be a DP and if he does come back it might be a good idea to put him at RW and put Bernie in CAM instead. Franklin has been good at only 19 yrs old at RB in his natural position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    According to Molinario TFC have put in a bid for Laryea.

He better not be a DP and if he does come back it might be a good idea to put him at RW and put Bernie in CAM instead. Franklin has been good at only 19 yrs old at RB in his natural position.
    Hernandez so far is batting a perfect score with these moves but not totally sold on this one. Hedges was brought in to win this season, that hasn't happened so its best to ship him. He also has only played what, half our games this season?

I like the thought of keeping Richie.. but it really depends on the cost and what new rules are coming in for 2024. If the rumor's of 4 DP slots and really changing the rules so its easier for teams to spend more it makes sense. If he knows something we don't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

singh was saying before the holdup on the laryea deal was that they were trying to fit a bid/ contract under the DP threshold.

safe to assume it will be, in some capacity (maybe 1.4 M salary, 1 M bid and 4+1 contract or something)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Per the Austin release. Hedges signed a new contract with them and appears locked in for 2024 with them. I guess Austin just wanted to spread the GAM over multiple years
    We originally had him on a deal through 2024 with options through 2026, which is the same structure as his new deal. I'm guessing maybe he agreed to take less money to go back home to Texas (Texas does have no state income tax, so he could take less and still get the same money - loophole for Austin maybe to negotiate new deals)

Original TFC deal - https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...er-matt-hedges

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    singh was saying before the holdup on the laryea deal was that they were trying to fit a bid/ contract under the DP threshold.

safe to assume it will be, in some capacity (maybe 1.4 M salary, 1 M bid and 4+1 contract or something)
    I still hate it at max TAM (Again, judging under the current rules, so will give them the fact that rule changes may change this)

The gaps in the spine of our team are so large you could fly a jumbo jet through them. He's a great player, but that much cap space (Again, under current rules) on a RB really hamstrings our ability to bring in players we truly, desperately need more than even a great MLS full back

Or, put another way, if this was the same player but they had no prior TFC connection or emotional connection with the fans, there's no shot we'd make the move
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 07-26-2023 at 02:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If only we could of just worked something out with Richie was still a TFC player. We did offer to make him the highest paid fullback in the league at one point before he decided he wanted to try Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    We originally had him on a deal through 2024 with options through 2026, which is the same structure as his new deal. I'm guessing maybe he agreed to take less money to go back home to Texas (Texas does have no state income tax, so he could take less and still get the same money - loophole for Austin maybe to negotiate new deals)

Original TFC deal - https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...er-matt-hedges
    That makes sense.

The 100k for 25 terms sounds from the TFC release to be dependent on Austin not picking up his option for 2024 but the Austin piece make it seem like a formality.

Just highlighting the point

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i feel like it isn't going to happen, regardless.

the leak to molinaro is probably the club trying to let the fans know they tried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah this is a no bueno in my view, feels a lot like ‘let’s nail down some quick wins - and bringing back a Toronto guy that people love and someone berna is ok with playing alongside- is a good win’ in a bad situation and fans will love seeing Richie back.’

except it isn’t. Let him get offers in EU. Don’t care if he’s one of the best backs in the league, don’t care he’s Canadian or from toronto - it isn’t worth another Oso sized tam/DP sink when we got so many other problems and our cap structure is a mess. Unless mls plans on switching to a much larger open team salary cap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the leak to molinaro is probably the club trying to let the fans know they tried.
    I agree. Feels like Manning leaking this to try and appease the shrinking "TFC should be all Canadians" fan base.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Feels like Manning leaking this to try and appease the shrinking "TFC should be all Canadians" fan base.
    Doubt we'd have a leak about a bid if there was a good chance of him joining, but you never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sick of reading transfer / trade news without it involving a DP striker coming our way. Are we really that incompetent? It's the summer window. Go get a DP striker. Let's not push everything to the next off-season (again) and maybe end up with a first half of the season with half a squad because we can't sign anyone in the winter window.

Get a DP striker TODAY! Enough, TFC. You shamed us all by not playing in red, shamed us all by playing shit football, and now you shame us again by not solving the ONE problem we have faced all year: the lack of a striker. Be a super club or be a bottom feeder.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree a little on this moving Hedges frees up Mailula, I think it all depends if Notts Forest expect a big purchase. I think they loan him again and we buy him next year. Something tells me Richie likes Toronto. If it is a good deal. I would take him in a heart beat. Maybe they will take Bernie in a swap… LOL

Bernie is going to need to do a lot to win the fans back, not impossible he just needs to dig in.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-26-2023 at 03:03 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If only we could of just worked something out with Richie was still a TFC player. We did offer to make him the highest paid fullback in the league at one point before he decided he wanted to try Europe.
    He learned his lesson, it's not easy to break in when you're in Europe and a Canadian.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    He learned his lesson, it's not easy to break in when you're in Europe and a Canadian.
    I think England is the issue, its notoriously difficult for foreigners to make it in the Championship, very cut throat at the level especially with all the money invested into making into the EPL.

He should have went to Turkey or similar standard of league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's 5'8 and 89 kilos. He's carrying way too much muscle bulk. Two hundred pounds at that height?
    I'm 5'10 and was once 205LBS, let me tell you, everything felt so sluggish, bulking up is an addiction though and I can definitely see it from that perspective.

Cutting back down to 175-185LBS made a world of difference for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubt we'd have a leak about a bid if there was a good chance of him joining, but you never know.
    It depends. Perhaps they have new information regarding any interest in Europe.

I was told about three weeks ago that they'd already made the best offer they could but that Richie was being advised to stay at Forest and try to get a gig in Europe.

It might be that the right options aren't coming up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I'm sick of reading transfer / trade news without it involving a DP striker coming our way. Are we really that incompetent? It's the summer window. Go get a DP striker. Let's not push everything to the next off-season (again) and maybe end up with a first half of the season with half a squad because we can't sign anyone in the winter window.

Get a DP striker TODAY! Enough, TFC. You shamed us all by not playing in red, shamed us all by playing shit football, and now you shame us again by not solving the ONE problem we have faced all year: the lack of a striker. Be a super club or be a bottom feeder.
    I agree with the sentiment but it's usually the deal that takes longest. They'll have lots of targets but good strikers are always in demand, so lists get whittled down really quickly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It depends. Perhaps they have new information regarding any interest in Europe.

I was told about three weeks ago that they'd already made the best offer they could but that Richie was being advised to stay at Forest and try to get a gig in Europe.

It might be that the right options aren't coming up.
    Could be right. I'm fairly confident that even bill manning isn't dumb enough to offer him a DP deal too...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our defence isn't good enough. I get why Hedges was traded & still...our defence isn't good enough.

We require a stud CB.

The forward thing is obvious. The defence thing will cost us games just as much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Our defence isn't good enough. I get why Hedges was traded & still...our defence isn't good enough.

We require a stud CB.

The forward thing is obvious. The defence thing will cost us games just as much.
    For the most part the defense wasn't terrible when Hedges was out and that was often and with MAK as a 6 too.

Even mostly not horrendous with Ranjitsingh in goal and he's total shit. We did choke up late goals though but a few of them had Hedges out there so...

We're not a 2021 trainwreck at the back. It's workable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Inter Miami have signed everyone, presuming on TAM, with Suarez coming in as , get this , TAM, and we appear to be offering a DP spot for Richie? I love Richie but cmon guys. How can we have 2 Canadians filling DP spots. We might as well start looking in the Spanish leagues here in Toronto.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    For the most part the defense wasn't terrible when Hedges was out and that was often and with MAK as a 6 too.

Even mostly not horrendous with Ranjitsingh in goal and he's total shit. We did choke up late goals though but a few of them had Hedges out there so...

We're not a 2021 trainwreck at the back. It's workable.
    Ummm......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anybody know if we have traded away our draft pick for next year yet?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Does anybody know if we have traded away our draft pick for next year yet?
    No, the Reds have no, still have it, expecting Miami to have a better finish to the season than TFC so last place overall is very realistic.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!