Page 46 of 138 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 4129
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guessing game will end soon. There are visual AI apps coming that are designed to do things like count in real time the number of people on crowded subway/railway platforms.

Counting people in stadiums will be easy by comparison.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This guessing game will end soon. There are visual AI apps coming that are designed to do things like count in real time the number of people on crowded subway/railway platforms.

Counting people in stadiums will be easy by comparison.

I'm not sure if I look forward to this sort of AI being in public spaces - but I will look out for that technology because the idea genuinely intrigues me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the roster thread. Please stay on topic, thanks.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunday morning rumour.

Please make sure to preface all comments with this this: “Not only I have never seen this player or Olympija Ljubljana play, I cannot in fact even spell Ljubljana without carefully copying it… but I have to say..”

Last edited by ensco; 06-18-2023 at 06:51 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only I have never seen this player or Olympija Ljubljana play, I cannot in fact even spell Ljubljana without carefully copying it… but I have to say, why would we spend a million dollars on a GK transfer? Are we moving SJ?
    Last edited by ensco; 06-18-2023 at 06:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only I have never seen this player or Olympija Ljubljana play, I cannot in fact even spell Ljubljana without carefully copying it… but I have to say, goalkeeper is not a position of need for us, nor do we have an open international slot, nor do we have TAM left to pay down the fee charge (likely none left), but he did spend time with Atalanta in Italy so he probably speaks some Italian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As someone who saw Ljubljana live twenty years ago my scouting report isn't exactly recent but this seems to make no sense given roster needs and budget

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    As someone who saw Ljubljana live twenty years ago my scouting report isn't exactly recent but this seems to make no sense given roster needs and budget
    He can also play striker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Not only I have never seen this player or Olympija Ljubljana play, I cannot in fact even spell Ljubljana without carefully copying it… but I have to say, why would we spend a million dollars on a GK transfer? Are we moving SJ?
    We have no starting keeper for possibly the next six games.

Our backups aren't good enough for MLS. Romero is questionable on that front, having played 20 games for LAFC.

So we're left, again, without real competitive depth.

That might be the reason. Also, he would be an u22 dp, probably, so kept under the cap.

I can sort of see this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He can also play striker
    Well 20 years ago their strikers were good enough to score 3 against, in my unbiased opinion, Europe's finest goalkeeper in Shelbournes Steve Williams so by that rationale this seems to be inspired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well 20 years ago their strikers were good enough to score 3 against, in my unbiased opinion, Europe's finest goalkeeper in Shelbournes Steve Williams so by that rationale this seems to be inspired
    Well done you. I couldn’t come up with a better crazy early round Europa League fixture if I tried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We have no starting keeper for possibly the next six games.

Our backups aren't good enough for MLS. Romero is questionable on that front, having played 20 games for LAFC.

So we're left, again, without real competitive depth.

That might be the reason. Also, he would be an u22 dp, probably, so kept under the cap.

I can sort of see this.
    No keeper through middle of July for six games, but MLS transfer window only opens July 7, so he wouldn't help for the next four games at least, at which point Romero would be back.

So all in all, he wouldn't help us and having a TAM/U22DP backup keeper would be an even bigger waste of resources. Spend those resources where they're actually needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw it in my various youth soccer teams growing up. Shocked it’s not more common at the pro level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    No keeper through middle of July for six games, but MLS transfer window only opens July 7, so he wouldn't help for the next four games at least, at which point Romero would be back.

So all in all, he wouldn't help us and having a TAM/U22DP backup keeper would be an even bigger waste of resources. Spend those resources where they're actually needed
    MLs teams can loan outside the window (according to a Charlotte FC post) so he could come on loan until the window.

(To clarify, not suggesting this is a good idea, just that it's possible. But what do I know? Maybe he's the next Petkovic).
    Last edited by jloome; 06-18-2023 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least he is young and not a signing just to sell tickets, fits a needed rebuild….bright side

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    MLs teams can loan outside the window (according to a Charlotte FC post) so he could come on loan until the window.
    Im pretty sure that it's not allowed with loans either. The exception being for emergencies and only from a team in your own country.

That was what happened with Vancouver at the MLS is Back tournament. They couldn't bring in the MLS Pool keeper Charlie Lyon because the transfer window was closed. But they ended up being allowed to bring in Jonathan Sirois from Montreal on an emergency loan because they were a Canadian team so his International Transfer Certificate didn't have to move to a new country. Same thing happenned last year to the Caps and they brought in Niko Giantsopoulos from York in CPL because it was a Canadian team.

This player being in Europe wouldn't be allowed to come outside the window since he's not on a Canadian team.

Edit: Here's an article from Tom Bogart that explains it. https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/latest-on-vancouver-whitecaps-situation-with-no-first-team-goalkeepers
    Last edited by rydermike; 06-18-2023 at 11:35 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it is at least 4 without both Johnson and Romero. The next two games will depend on if El Salvador makes it out of their group or not. I am high on Luca Gavran and believe he has a future. In a way I would rather see him than Greg Ranjitsingh but believe Bob will go with Greg as the starter ti begin this stretch. Greg has started the last two games for TFC II to get ready, but in the last game let in some soft goals.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If their is any sort of substance to this rumour, that it's an attempt at a temporary goal-keeper fix with a short-loan or a back-up/replacement for SJ, then maybe it's a sign. Perhaps an indication that there is a sense of immediate self-realization/preservation going on with or between BB and BM; which may mean their positions at the club may actually be on the line sooner rather than later?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im pretty sure that it's not allowed with loans either. The exception being for emergencies and only from a team in your own country.

That was what happened with Vancouver at the MLS is Back tournament. They couldn't bring in the MLS Pool keeper Charlie Lyon because the transfer window was closed. But they ended up being allowed to bring in Jonathan Sirois from Montreal on an emergency loan because they were a Canadian team so his International Transfer Certificate didn't have to move to a new country. Same thing happenned last year to the Caps and they brought in Niko Giantsopoulos from York in CPL because it was a Canadian team.

This player being in Europe wouldn't be allowed to come outside the window since he's not on a Canadian team.

Edit: Here's an article from Tom Bogart that explains it. https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/lates...am-goalkeepers

EDIT: Yeah, FIFA regs prevent it. Slovenia's window is open now so they're probably trial ballooning us without realizing our window doesn't open for three more weeks.

Under FIFA regs, even loans require an International Transfer Certificate, which MLS won't issue outside of its windows.
    Last edited by jloome; 06-18-2023 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for the group:

Do Insigne and Bernardeschi leave during the transfer window? Perhaps one of the two leave?

There are rumours linking both of them back to Italy. Obviously, it will be difficult to find teams in Italy willing to pay their wage demands.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Question for the group:

Do Insigne and Bernardeschi leave during the transfer window? Perhaps one of the two leave?

There are rumours linking both of them back to Italy. Obviously, it will be difficult to find teams in Italy willing to pay their wage demands.

Thoughts?
    The Saudis are the only people who would pay their full wage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The Saudis are the only people who would pay their full wage.
    I suspect this is the be-all, end all. If they're wanted by Al-Hillal or someone, then sure. Otherwise, they're probably going nowhere. No cap relief for loans, so no point in that either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Molinario, BB confirms, as of today, Richie Laryea status still pending; no update...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thomas Romero started today for El Salvador in their 1-1 draw at South Korea. Will be interesting when he is back ahead of SJ does he automatically step into the starting role. Assume some consideration will be given to how Ranjitsingh does?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can’t blame him. Hope he gets to play with Larin in Spain. They are good friends IIRC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can’t blame him. Hope he gets to play with Larin in Spain. They are good friends IIRC.
    good for him...i would leave this shithole

now if we could only move kaye,oso dio,rosted petretta oneil,cj,the 2 italians and father and son is a good starting point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cyle Larin's team were relegated so even his future is up in the air. Not sure if he wants to play in La Liga B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Cyle Larin's team were relegated so even his future is up in the air. Not sure if he wants to play in La Liga B.
    He’s got a half dozen La Liga teams chasing for him currently, RV is going to sell. He’s going to land somewhere in La Liga
    Last edited by ag futbol; 06-22-2023 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest I'm not worried about Osorio, the guy has been through MLS 1.0 to now, if anyone deserves an off year it's him, I'm glad he at least got the bag to see out his career.💰

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He’s got a half dozen La Liga teams chasing for him currently, RV is going to sell. He’s going to land somewhere in La Liga
    Allegedly there is interest now from Osasuna, Valencia, Betis, Cadiz, Celta Vigo, Getafe and Mallorca.

He's gone, boys. We're just going to have to wish him the best.