Page 107 of 138 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 4129
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    You are missing the point. It's not about the 50K, it's about the principle of getting half what Minnesota got.

In finance, getting half what someone else got for the same sale is embarrassing, period, end of. It could be 5K versus 10K. It could be a baseball card worth half the value of another baseball card.

The sum isn't what's important. Getting the best deal is. These guys deal in widely varying values all the time; but they judge and weigh wins and losses over each other in perceived gain and loss, not the number. It's what you got over the other guy that determines if you cut a square deal... or if you won... or if you killed him.

It's just locker-room bullshit, for the most part, but it does affect how they perceive each other over time.

Also true.
    on the other hand, minnesota traded for a player that they wanted to sign but couldn't. no one looks great here, really, including the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are missing the point. It's not about the 50K, it's about the principle of getting half what Minnesota got.

In finance, getting half what someone else got for the same sale is embarrassing, period, end of. It could be 5K versus 10K. It could be a baseball card worth half the value of another baseball card.

The sum isn't what's important. Getting the best deal is. These guys deal in widely varying values all the time; but they judge and weigh wins and losses over each other in perceived gain and loss, not the number. It's what you got over the other guy that determines if you cut a square deal... or if you won... or if you killed him.

It's just locker-room bullshit, for the most part, but it does affect how they perceive each other over time.

Also true.
    Do you not accept that it is possible we knew absolutely nothing about the deal and Minnesota were forced to give us half of what Dallas gave them because of MLS being stupid.

Which means the 50k could be free money not less money. It seems likely that we were only tangentially related to this deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Do you not accept that it is possible we knew absolutely nothing about the deal and Minnesota were forced to give us half of what Dallas gave them because of MLS being stupid.

Which means the 50k could be free money not less money. It seems likely that we were only tangentially related to this deal.
    You mean MLS interceded and had them kick half over to us, so Minnesota gets compensated for not being able to sign him?

I guess it's possible. It's a pretty asinine decision, if so, but it's a pretty asinine rule in the first place.

It doesn't make much sense though. MLS has to sign off on every deal, so we wouldn't have gotten the initial $50K from Minnesota until they had a deal in place with the player.

Having to "replace" $50K Minnesota "lost" by Dallas would only make sense if the first deal was completed and we'd been compensated already. As all deals go through the same MLS approval office, that would seem unlikely. (But let's face it, they've done dumber things.)
    Last edited by jloome; 08-05-2023 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    on the other hand, minnesota traded for a player that they wanted to sign but couldn't. no one looks great here, really, including the league.
    All to re-sign... Liam Fraser.

Oookay, MLS. (slow clap for the big win there.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole idea that TFC still had his rights after he last played for them over two years ago and since then has played for both Columbus and in Belgium says it all about the joke some of these only in MLS roster rules continue to be. LOL

You mean MLS interceded and had them kick half over to us, so Minnesota gets compensated for not being able to sign him?

I guess it's possible. It's a pretty asinine decision, if so, but it's a pretty asinine rule in the first place.

It doesn't make much sense though. MLS has to sign off on every deal, so we wouldn't have gotten the initial $50K from Minnesota until they had a deal in place with the player.

Having to "replace" $50K Minnesota "lost" by Dallas would only make sense if the first deal was completed and we'd been compensated already. As all deals go through the same MLS approval office, that would seem unlikely. (But let's face it, they've done dumber things.)

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously this is all about attempting to restrain bargaining rights and avoid teams competing against one another for talent (especially domestic talent).

But when you look at the gymnastics involved here just to sign **checks notes** Liam Fraser, clearly this is not working out as intended.

Beyond that, I think it’s a bit of a laughable and anti-competitive practice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FC Dallas are gonna have the slowest midfield known to man with Fraser and Illarramendi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You, yous, look at you, leedsandTFC, “ You wanna be startin’ somethin’ (always) got to be startin’ somethin’ ”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those guys need to sound way less desperate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are Osuwu's two goals in their last game of the season (in which his team blew a 2-0 lead)

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/2bunde...romotion-23596

Here's his goal from the game before at Braunschweig; he makes up for missing a penalty with an accurate finish on the run
    https://www.bundesliga.com/de/2bunde...lbericht-23551

Here's his goal against Sandhausen, nicely taken, although he misses a point blank header earlier (albeit with a defender draped all over)
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8kk60v

...And his goal against Gruether Firth,
    https://www.bundesliga.com/de/2bunde...lbericht-23213

This one against Holstein Kiel is around the 1:40 mark. Verrry nice turn and finish
    https://www.beinsports.com/en-au/art...n-regensburg-1

Another decent headed goal against Heidenheim...
    https://www.bundesliga.com/de/2bunde...lbericht-21895

He gets the third one here against Kaiserslautern off a cross, after coming on as a late sub.
    https://www.bundesliga.com/de/2bunde...lbericht-21576

....and I think that's all but two of his goals from lastyear. Phew!
    Nice digging! Worth a short term flyer especially given that we don’t have a striker who seems even capable of scoring a single goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Nice digging! Worth a short term flyer especially given that we don’t have a striker who seems even capable of scoring a single goal.
    If Bernadeschi can provide the sort of service from corners that he’s totally capable of, I can see some successful headed goals here. For that matter, whether Bernie plays in the middle or not, we should be able to give Prince some service… he looks like something of a combination of what Sapong and Diomande where to be (a target who can get in between the central defence) and aren’t capable of anymore. And big and strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Naw. Bit harsh. I think they showed initiative; big ups. There is a media void on these matters. Not of the generation, but seems like typical insta speak to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Don't work yourself into a shoot over 50k in GAM, folks.

Bigger fish to fry
    Liam Fraser "sign for Minnesota? That doesn't work for me, brother"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sent our one message on Instagram brother I can guarantee there was no desperation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw some speculation from HFX Wanderers fans in the Canadian Premier League that Jordan Perruzza might be there training on loan, just hasn't been announced yet. Someone said they saw him at training just weren't 100% if it was him

Edit:Found the pic they were referring to. The one kneeling they're speculating is Perruzza
    Last edited by rydermike; 08-06-2023 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Saw some speculation from HFX Wanderers fans in the Canadian Premier League that Jordan Perruzza might be there training on loan, just hasn't been announced yet. Someone said they saw him at training just weren't 100% if it was him
    The summer of Perruzza is coming local for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The summer of Perruzza is coming local for me.
    lucky you..im shocked tfc would loan a guy who is 1 goal behind the goal leaders for strikers.they loaned the wrong italian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perruzza is now following a ton of HFX players on instagram.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro confirming the summer of Peruzza will include an ocean view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this reminds me...
    Who (jornos) is covering the TFC training ground during the Leagues Cup break?
    Last edited by Luanda; 08-07-2023 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jloome any word on any more free agents coming in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Official announcement of this being officially official.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if we could send the Italians to the CPL for a conditioning stint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I wonder if we could send the Italians to the CPL for a conditioning stint.
    Seems Fede is still at it. Continues to give Italian media interviews about this seasons SerieA while addressing mentions on Bologna, Napoli and Lazio. Feels like he is the one casting the fishing line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prince is already in Toronto. Got a tour of the facilities and training.

Fede is posting on social again about training... hasn't in awhile. Guess he's not willing to take that payout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prince is already in Toronto. Got a tour of the facilities and training.

Fede is posting on social again about training... hasn't in awhile. Guess he's not willing to take that payout.
    Kevin-Prince Boateng?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been chewing on this. Decided to circle back this morning to address. So my opinion...

Dude, how do you think this business operates? The board has literally no day-to-day role in anything that's going on there. It's a corporate governance structure.
    I expect that in general the company operates as any kind of business of its structure with corporate governance would. However, a board's reach always depends on who its members are as well as their underlings; the types they be and the style they have. A nuance for me is that it's a private corporate conglomerate; not publicly traded nor a quasi governmental entity; not that that always matters. Moreover, my experience has been that long-time board members typically have developed proxies, allies, relationships or contacts across their corporate family at various levels.

If the board were intimately involved in TFC, or paying even close to enough attention, it's highly unlikely they would've been allowed to slowly unravel over the course of five years.
    I have no idea why the MLSE Board has not been paying attention to TFC. However this to me in itself is a subjective premise; in essence an internal reading towards balance between hard numbers vs public relation perceptions. This unravelling is probably a confluence of systemic and personality factors creating another classic case study of corporate dysfunctionality. I mean, if IIUC, MLSE has not even declared a President & CEO replacement for the departed Friisdahl. Despite nearly two years of a supposedly ongoing search and even though the Interim President & CEO Devine has had her previous position and role within the organization filled in by hire Sabina Rizvi as CFO. Obviously MLSE's hard business metrics, checks and balances, in relation to TFC are detuned to or were never calibrated correctly for certain triggers. That no or not enough MLSE margins of alarm have ever been exceeded for their concern to be acutely raised over the routinely TFC Supporter identified issues of Manning is baffling. Then again, IIUC, the nature of running a sports entertainment franchise conglomerate is as much a business as it is an art form.

He's president and vice-chairman of the Raptors. He has no role in TFC. What is telling you otherwise other than guesswork? Because I can tell you that in the years he's been with them, I've never once heard his name mentioned in connection with TFC business. Why would we? He doesn't work for them. The Raptors are a separate subsidiary and are treated as such.
    There is some debate about those situations. IMO, MU does not need a role, nor does he or the board need to be involved daily; micromanage. He only needs an interest on behalf of someone to offer assistance or guidance. That interest is that ''he stands with LT and the MLSE Board'. Besides, my experience has been these sorts of individuals know how to involve themselves without leaving obvious fingerprints. Maybe I am the fool to believe it is some c-suite title word play; a distinction without a difference. IMO, a sensitive situation that's been murked on purpose to give confusion to the enemy while appeasing the entrenched OG hockeyites within the organization. Its veneered any internal angst of the ascendance of basketball and a visible minority within MLSE. I have yet to be enlightened as to how that stay-in-your lane governance of corporate think you cite functions in practice. As the chosen stand-in/Vice for Chairman LT in his absence, I suppose MU, on the occasion he acts as his 'corporate confidant/friend', just excuses himself from the room every time non-Raptors business is tabled for discussion during an MLSE Board meeting.

Africa is an interesting topic of discussion in regards to MLSE corporate intersection. It's an established playground of theirs. IIUC, The Raptors are the NBA’s leading presence in Africa; in part, by Sarah Chan's pioneering. So why wouldn't TFC not make some use of their beaten path. Perhaps be receptive and welcome the guidance of a colleague in doing so. This is an organization that had another subsidiary develop a TFC Widenet App for it's association football interests. To imply that there is no interaction of personnel on business issues between MLSE's subsidiaries is not realistic; not my experience in gaining knowledge, a lead or contact for an advantage on an issue. IIRC, Dunfield has himself mentioned many times his relationship with Raptors VP of PH&P Alex McKechnie. I do not believe the impetus of that bond was a shared heritage or passion. By your suggestion then what business does a TFCer have knowing or consulting with a Raptorite? As for the connection between basketball and football in Africa, I encourage this short read: https://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=287857. There is also merit in realizing that Ujiri and Motsepe know each other. And along with Silver have even publicly interacted with one another; IIRC, in New York. I find the recentness of that public connect too coincidental in this matter and hence my abductive reasoning.

No, it's not Tera Maliwa. He works for Mamelodi Sundowns, not MLSE. This was an MLSE scout, not a Sundowns scout. And he's a kid in his early 20s, while Maliwa is in his thirties and, as far as I can tell from a quick search, still works for Sundowns.
    As far as for the narrative of TFC proactively scouting Cassius Mailula and that some youngin junior within their ranks discovered him by identifying him for the club, that is not what I understand to have happened. The footballer was packaged for TFC’s consideration as well as for other clubs, and not only with the Sundowns’ management’s assistance but with its regime’s - ownership's encouragement and blessing; meaning the Motsepe Family. Also, it’s been made aware to me that Mailula’s agent, Mathang-Tshabuse, has been known to socialize with the Chairmen of SAPD clubs given her unique status.

I think I have gotten my points to the deserts edge. It is up to you if you drink the water. This is how I read the ‘in-between the lines’ of how this footballer got here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dare I say it, leaving cleaning up the Italian mess to the guy who created it and his inexperienced assistant wasn’t the best idea. Window isn’t closed yet, so there’s still hope at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Dare I say it, leaving cleaning up the Italian mess to the guy who created it and his inexperienced assistant wasn’t the best idea. Window isn’t closed yet, so there’s still hope at least.
    Yea or if he stays I really hope he just sees like Messi, Busquets etc all playing hard and having fun. I do feel like there is a Messi effect to rub off on players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even Molinaro is on break till the 14th!
    Rollerblades are a thing of the past, but drones...........