Page 95 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 4129
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvistheEvilScotsman View Post
    Feel bad that Dunfield is the one apologizing ....
    Don't

Seriously, people need to stop with the "but he's such a good guy" thinking

Dunfield is incompetent and has been allowed to be around while doing so without somebody either helping him to get better or realising he's never going to be all that good.

If he was competent, this team would be doing something these last 5 weeks - not great but at least looking like they cared and had a plan beyond sweeping it around the back and hoping to find a space somehow with a midfield so far away from the back that its practically impossible to make that pass.

Nice guy, sure

Crap at his job and people need to start to say so

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunfield is not a good coach and not close to qualified to be coaching the first team.

That he's the most qualified guy on the club's books right now is a huge indictment of Manning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Dunfield is not a good coach and not close to qualified to be coaching the first team.

That he's the most qualified guy on the club's books right now is a huge indictment of Manning.
    this is way above terrys pay grade,but this by far is the worse roster in mls .maybe the tfc2 coach cimini may have been a better choice,but at this point it doesnt matter....this is all on MANNING

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you say you aren't obsessed.

He's not in the team and it's clearly going very well for us, you should be happy.
    Dude, he was with the team the previous two years where we blew...and started this year as well and we blew...if he played we'd blow as well...

I asked a simple question, where is he? At the very least he should be watching games, training, etc...there has been literally no sign of him. And don't forget, behind the scenes him and Bob constructed this team....guys like Lawrence and Auro were dumped on MB's recommendation.....

I have 4 seasons tickets, I am pissed at how much a laughingstock we have become. Why would I be happy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Don't

Seriously, people need to stop with the "but he's such a good guy" thinking

Dunfield is incompetent and has been allowed to be around while doing so without somebody either helping him to get better or realising he's never going to be all that good.

If he was competent, this team would be doing something these last 5 weeks - not great but at least looking like they cared and had a plan beyond sweeping it around the back and hoping to find a space somehow with a midfield so far away from the back that its practically impossible to make that pass.

Nice guy, sure

Crap at his job and people need to start to say so

Fuilly agreed, he is in way over his head even if the team is horrendous and no one could fix this. But despite all that, would rather anyone than Bob Bradley who created this mess.

Time for a Euro or South American coach. And Manning better have ZERO invvolvement in the next hire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. Manning has to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

???

"Get ready for a surprise transfer in Beşiktaş. Canada."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Having an affable personality is not a substitute for real expertise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Beer prices are up food prices are up. ??? Players are traded ???? What the fuck is going on Apple TV taken over ticketmaster taken over 7.30pm games what happened when it was 1 pm or 3pm games bring the the family out have fun ???? This is starting to piss me off Who plays on the the team anymore I have no idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Whatever happened to Michael Bradley? Is he just collecting a paycheque but staying away and working on coaching badges still?
    He's just another dude on the long list of people collecting very handsome paychecks for doing absolutely nothing at this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    ???

My bet is it's Laryea. I believe Besitkas was interested last year with Atiba Hutchinson really pulling for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    My bet is it's Laryea. I believe Besitkas was interested last year with Atiba Hutchinson really pulling for him
    Maybe. Probably. Though, IIUC, some chatter Besitkas needs midfielders? So, possibly Osorio? If one is ruthless and goes by JH's school of 'performonomics', then it's keep/get Laryea and trade/let go Osorio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think any ruthless, emotionless interpretation of our roster and it's needs would lead you to the conclusion that laryea isn't worth a DP slot or nearly 2m in cap room, despite being a great player. We have far greater needs, and therefore would get far higher return, elsewhere. If the roster situation was different it could be different as he is a really really good player but he isn't what we need right now with and our limited budget and options the opportunity cost of signing him could be fatal.

If Richie does end up in turkey then manning has been saved from himself

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the key point of this thread now… Manning cannot be allowed to continue tinkering with the club, to see if he can generate ticket interest with player marketing as opposed to team development while we burn out the rest of this year.

Honestly at first, I saw the Besitkas one last night as a ploy to sell tickets and say goodbye to Atiba thread at first. We bring in Atiba to say thank you and sell out.

I am sure he has considered signing Gio for a day to say thank you, retire and sell out the stadium.

His recent results have been all about how can i get bums in seats rather than the approach, if I build a remarkable team, people will come. We only have 5 home games left? Well, that would be 2 sell outs. One is against Montreal and one is during the Ex. He has his attendance for the year.

With respect to his contract, if you leave him in his spot he will cause more monetary damage to MLSE by bad player decisions than just firing him and paying the severance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JMR to Besitkas maybe? Richie more likely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    He's just another dude on the long list of people collecting very handsome paychecks for doing absolutely nothing at this club.
    Seriously. The shitty team has been getting so much attention that no one seems to have noticed that we're basically paying him to get his coaching licences.

What the fuck is that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, the Turks are tweeting; as they do about anything and everything. Add Fede to that Besiktas - Kanada link.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good. We shouldn't add anyone else until we get a new manager. I only want to see outbounds. Lots of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Good. We shouldn't add anyone else until we get a new manager. I only want to see outbounds. Lots of them.
    And we should not be adding any players over 30 yrs old period.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    And we should not be adding any players over 30 yrs old period.
    We should have the old Chelsea policy but harsher; sign nobody over 30 and don't give contracts that extend beyond 30 unless the 30+ years are team options. From there everything should be 1+1s based on the player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    That is the key point of this thread now… Manning cannot be allowed to continue tinkering with the club,
    I completely agree. Even the perception he’s still in charge (if they’ve fired him behind the scenes) is hurtful.

As bad as things are, I don’t think we’ve hit rock bottom yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

???

could be bernardeschi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Latest reports now that it involves CMNT's/CFMTL's Joel Waterman and/or Samuel Piette. Joey needs money? Having a another/mini fire-sale?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Latest reports now that it involves CMNT's/CFMTL's Joel Waterman and/or Samuel Piette. Joey needs money? Having a another/mini fire-sale?
    Ooh, this is interesting gossip.

Waterman has been quietly pretty damn good for two years, and Piette is a DM. They love their Canadian DMs at Besiktas. He has the Spanish pedigree and he's getting older. Might be smart business from Montreal either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect Osorio's hit on management was probably about the roster and the fact that we have no real goal scorer and a pair of petulant visitors who occasionally show up as our forward line.

It really hit home against Atlas how past it Sapong is. He'd been on for just a few minutes and someone clipped a cross -- might have been JMR -- from the left side. And he was just so late to it that he was snapping his head to redirect after the ball was already past. "A step late there from Sapong," Dan Gargan said somewhat charitably on the play-by-play.

I think the biggest mistake in all of this wasn't hiring Bob as coach. He got us a point a game, which, despite being shit, is better than Terry's approached with this group.

The mistake was giving him the director of football gig. I don't think players like him as a coach either -- not here, not in LA -- but they agree his methodology is rigorous and, when stuck to, gets results.

But he's a 62-year-old MLS 1.0 manager. What he DIDN'T do was keep up with how clubs are building teams now. He called a few guys he knows, and they pawned off overvalued players on him, basically.

And he did so with the limitation of the DPs already limiting their desire to spend on a DP striker.

The litany of bad signings and decisions -- shedding Shaff, Lawrence, Delgado, McNaughton, Petrasso, Pozuelo, while adding Sapong, Servania, Mark-Anthony Kaye, Petretta and promoting Kerr, Franklin, JMR, Jayden to first team minutes -- just guaranteed that the coaching didn't' really matter.

Imagine this club playing last night's match (and the players not, like, hating each other):

-----------------Johnson---------------

Laryea--McNaughton--Hedges--Lawrence

------------Delgado---Osorio--------------

--Bernardeschi--Pozuelo--Insigne--

--------------Jimenez(Shaff)---------------

That, literally, is the team we could've been playing with for most of this season. Even without a first choice striker, a platoon of Jimenez (solid finisher) and Shaff (good finisher, very quick) would've probably gotten us 10-20 goals.

Instead, we went with team sunny youth. Good grief.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    Correct... it is gossip; that space in-between possible and probable. Point of clarification, my error, apology, it's 'report' not reports. Still interesting in that there was some chatter end of last season about a similar move/s; btwn BesJK and CFMTL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Richie situation will soon be resolved as the MLS transfer window closes on Wednesday. After that, we will only be allowed to sign free agents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Imagine this club playing last night's match (and the players not, like, hating each other):

-----------------Johnson---------------

Laryea--McNaughton--Hedges--Lawrence

------------Delgado---Osorio--------------

--Bernardeschi--Pozuelo--Insigne--

--------------Jimenez(Shaff)---------------

That, literally, is the team we could've been playing with for most of this season. Even without a first choice striker, a platoon of Jimenez (solid finisher) and Shaff (good finisher, very quick) would've probably gotten us 10-20 goals.

Instead, we went with team sunny youth. Good grief.
    Even putting petretta and Rosted for Lawrence and McNaughton this lineup would have been decent.

The Poz / Insigne connection is a true miss. If we Even had just kept him I think it's possible we make playoffs last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The Richie situation will soon be resolved as the MLS transfer window closes on Wednesday. After that, we will only be allowed to sign free agents.
    We are allowed to transfer people out and sign free agents. Only thing is no trades or transfers in