Page 121 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Terry Dunfield: “The thing that gives us hope is that collectively we're becoming difficult to beat.”“We're organized defensively, we're becoming a threat in transition, and from where we were 9 weeks ago, we're creating chances that we now need to take.”

is he trolling us now?
    God, I hope Wednesday is his last game so he can go back to doing awful color commentary with Gareth Wheeler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, in retrospect, firing Bob Bradley without a replacement was actually a disaster. It’s unbelievable that we’re worse now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Man, in retrospect, firing Bob Bradley without a replacement was actually a disaster. It’s unbelievable that we’re worse now.
    Yeah, but he built this lineup, and he got rid of the type of utility players we actually needed for balance.

He obviously had a system he knew how to run. But he was the worst sporting director we've ever had.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    it's not that unbelievable, bob did a terrible job on the recruitment side but at the end of the day is a good coach.

dunfield has only coached teenagers, and not particularly well.

i pray they don't just plan to leave him in there the rest of the games. it's only going to get worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Bob Bradley WAS a good coach. Like in MLS 1.0, for the version of the USMNT he had at the time.

He was not a good coach for TFC. LAFC letting him slide away should have been a huge red flag. They knew his limits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah, but he built this lineup, and he got rid of the type of utility players we actually needed for balance.

He obviously had a system he knew how to run. But he was the worst sporting director we've ever had.
    Which is a bummer how bad he was - because now it’s gonna give manning or the board ptsd flashes over creating that type of position and authority for a while. Which is brutal because the only type of role that’s gonna get us out of this mess- with manning far away from roster and staff decisions - is a seasoned director burning it all down and workin with coach to build roster and staff in tandem to slowly bring us back up to elite levels. Now we’re gonna get a puppet GM running analytics who will get micro managed dubas/shanahan style by manning over every detail for the next few years in hopes he doesn’t get canned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    any indication of when he'll be appointed?
    August 28th for sure for sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So any chance Stephen Eustaquio is signed now that Herdman is the coach? I'd love to see that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    So any chance Stephen Eustaquio is signed now that Herdman is the coach? I'd love to see that.
    Haven’t followed his recent exploits at Porto but at one point he was doing quite well and had a $10MM+ valuation.

Ship has likely sailed unfortunately.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herdman says "There’s work to be done, and we recognize that transformational change takes time." Of course he needs time so nothing against him but someone should tell him we have been waiting for the transformation for a few years already so the concept of being patient and taking time is a bit of a sore spot with us while we watch the club make one bad decision after another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brennan said on Footy Prime today the Insigne story was "all rubbish. He finished his exercise load for the day and left the field. He had a brief discussion with Terry. There was no blowup, there was no walking off angry."

Again, zero positive communications to counter this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brennan said on Footy Prime today the Insigne story was "all rubbish. He finished his exercise load for the day and left the field. He had a brief discussion with Terry. There was no blowup, there was no walking off angry."

There seems to be a media agenda to pin TFC's shortfalls single handedly on the Italians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    There seems to be a media agenda to pin TFC's shortfalls single handedly on the Italians.
    I suspect so.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's odd the different things we are hearing because on TTID podcast Molinaro says that his sources are telling him that they are blatant and Brazen with lack of respect to the coaching staff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brennan is probably friends with Terry, no? Seems like it would be in Terry's interests to underplay whatever happened. That said, we should probably be taking everything we hear with a big grain of salt at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    That's odd the different things we are hearing because on TTID podcast Molinaro says that his sources are telling him that they are blatant and Brazen with lack of respect to the coaching staff
    If you are looking to attend a match, I hear that TFC Republic offers 25% off tickets. IYKYK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short Shorts on loan to Norwegian club for remainder of season:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cwiawmtx...U2YjMzNjRlOQ==

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCD Eindhoven View Post
    August 28th for sure for sure
    Is bill on his way out? Or any other positive info?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good loan opportunity for him. Includes a purchase option, so it might be the end of his TFC time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Good loan opportunity for him. Includes a purchase option, so it might be the end of his TFC time.
    That's a good club. He's a good young player. He's not quite ready for primetime, but he's better than most of the kids. he got lumped in too early and played out of position. he's a two-way midfielder, not a wingback or six.

I think they'll buy him, he'll do well, and it will be another where we look impatient and stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good club. He's a good young player. He's not quite ready for primetime, but he's better than most of the kids. he got lumped in too early and played out of position. he's a two-way midfielder, not a wingback or six.

I think they'll buy him, he'll do well, and it will be another where we look impatient and stupid.
    It’s annoying when we can’t get these guys into their natural positions or seem to miss identify their talents. Everyone is a fullback for some reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should replace All For One with this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we will get them all in the attack formation.... i bet Jr. would come at a discount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It’s annoying when we can’t get these guys into their natural positions or seem to miss identify their talents. Everyone is a fullback for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think we should replace All For One with this.
    How about "All Are Fullbacks"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just listened to this.

sounds like they are trying to push the italians out when stories like this are lanted.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    If you are looking to attend a match, I hear that TFC Republic offers 25% off tickets. IYKYK.
    Right, but then what would Molinaro have to gain by saying those things if they aren't true (and why would he say his sources had told him of it?) ..if indeed he is selling tickets on his site for a discount? I mean extra traffic maybe?

I had a chance to listen to the Footyprime last night and they say there wasn't even a dust up so not sure who to believe. And if not true as one of them said then why wouldn't the team put out a statement that this didn't happen (again they are awful with communication so I can see why they wouldn't).

Anyways like Canary said we have to take it with a grain of salt..we just need proper changes and communications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Right, but then what would Molinaro have to gain by saying those things if they aren't true (and why would he say his sources had told him of it?)
    You have to be careful here, Molinaro isn't the one saying these things. As you say, it is framed as "According to sources...". All he is doing is reporting on what he has been told. No harm no foul there, although you would think there's some due diligence in his process. The contrary report from Brennan makes him look like a fool.

From what we know, it looks like TFC have used him to tow the company line on more than a few occasions this year, and he's left to deal with the fallout of that for both better and worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    You have to be careful here, Molinaro isn't the one saying these things. As you say, it is framed as "According to sources...". All he is doing is reporting on what he has been told. No harm no foul there, although you would think there's some due diligence in his process. The contrary report from Brennan makes him look like a fool.

From what we know, it looks like TFC have used him to tow the company line on more than a few occasions this year, and he's left to deal with the fallout of that for both better and worse.
    Well, I think you have to be careful how you frame it. Otherwise, it does leave the less sophisticated reader with the impression it happened.

To add to this point, to my memory, Molinaro has been caught up several times quoting sources which basically fed him bad info. Things like “no indication this is happening” and a few days later that exact thing happens.Think it was respect to signings or something like that? Memory is hazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Well, I think you have to be careful how you frame it. Otherwise, it does leave the less sophisticated reader with the impression it happened.

To add to this point, to my memory, Molinaro has been caught up several times quoting sources which basically fed him bad info. Things like “no indication this is happening” and a few days later that exact thing happens.Think it was respect to signings or something like that? Memory is hazy.
    He wrote a piece to downplay any locker room turmoil not long before the Athletic piece, quoting MAK and Hedges as saying everything was dandy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wrote a piece to downplay any locker room turmoil not long before the Athletic piece, quoting MAK and Hedges as saying everything was dandy.
    Thanks! Yes, I remember that now.

The whole concept of asking someone publicly if the atmosphere at their employer is any good is eye-wateringly stupid to begin with.

I really want to like the guy’s work but man he makes it hard when he does stuff like that.