Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy... all of a sudden... are we in trouble?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone really shocked?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Oh boy... all of a sudden... are we in trouble?

FWIW I thought Kerr was better than Dio & Ayo so until he drops the ball I'd be starting him anyway. However if BB has any sense then Peruzza better be coming up off the bench over Hugo if needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    FWIW I thought Kerr was better than Dio & Ayo so until he drops the ball I'd be starting him anyway. However if BB has any sense then Peruzza better be coming up off the bench over Hugo if needed.
    I agree.

BTW, regarding Kerr, there may have been some concerns shared earlier in this thread about his ability as a striker. Is anyone able to confirm if that is/was his natural position? If not, what is/was?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree.

BTW, regarding Kerr, there may have been some concerns shared earlier in this thread about his ability as a striker. Is anyone able to confirm if that is/was his natural position? If not, what is/was?
    He played as a right-winger for TFC youth.

He was playing as a running striker, trying to break down the backline. If we have possession in the other team's end for any prolonged period, he has zero experience as a number 9 and may experience the same issues Jiminez did. Same type of player, same scenario.

But he playedll all around, and shouldn't have come off early.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree.

He was a forward but usually on the right wing. He did have goal scoring ability at Syracuse and he did a score a few decent ones last year. I figured he could score with service but I surprised that he shielded the ball well, held up okay, and generally made good decisions when passing/moving. Saw more from him in his 50 whatever minutes yesterday than Ayo or Dio so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So 3 matches in who had MB as our best midfielder and Osorio as our worst one on their bingo card? MAK pushing Oso for the worst spot but MAK seems to have improved a little bit and is there defensively. Can't say that about Oso yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he was better too. For a guy with zero experience at that role he did a good job popping up between the lines and providing at outlet for a quick pass into the final third so we could move further into the attacking zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So 3 matches in who had MB as our best midfielder and Osorio as our worst one on their bingo card? MAK pushing Oso for the worst spot but MAK seems to have improved a little bit and is there defensively. Can't say that about Oso yet.
    I think MAK has been the worst by some distance. Osorio has done some stuff that has not come off. Any praise for Bradley should be tempered by the fact dad is tactically adjusting quite a bit to hide his weaknesses. Another coach would not be so kind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think MAK has been the worst by some distance. Osorio has done some stuff that has not come off. Any praise for Bradley should be tempered by the fact dad is tactically adjusting quite a bit to hide his weaknesses. Another coach would not be so kind.
    If I'm Manning I'm on the phone to Tata Martino's agent already. But if he had the judgement to figure out this isn't working, we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.

Jesus H, even the shirts looked terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so pissed off about Shaffelburg. So pissed.

It sums up everything that isn't working with the current regime.

He won't be moulded into being a defender when he's clearly an attacker so Bradley just gets rid of him, we give him away.

Two goals in three games for Nashville. Who wants to bet against him getting 10 this year, playing next to Hany Mukhtar.

Got rid of Poz, so no one to feed him, I guess...

We're a shambles of football belief systems masquerading as fact.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said astute comment , I see the same Michael Bradleys flaws are hidden in the way we set up. I have been saying that Michael is the problem for some time just wish Bob didn’t get rid of all his replacements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I posted in another thread but Bob just looks like such a fool for this. Not only was there clear promise with Shaff, but now we're even playing a 4-3-3 going forward for god's sake, he could be slotting in at LW so easily for us. Absolutely needless trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

It sums up everything that isn't working with the current regime.

He won't be moulded into being a defender when he's clearly an attacker so Bradley just gets rid of him, we give him away.

Two goals in three games for Nashville. Who wants to bet against him getting 10 this year, playing next to Hany Mukhtar.

Got rid of Poz, so no one to feed him, I guess...

We're a shambles of football belief systems masquerading as fact.
    I’m still holding out for the time that things come together better than they have under Bob, but putting Shaf at the back like that set off alarm bells all over the place. The kid was maybe not the fastest learner to begin with and he is not suited at all to being a defender.

The hope of sticking with him as a winger as we did for three seasons was to allow him to mature and become more secure at his natural position while increasing the scope of what he can do there. Throwing him in at the back was crass. Thankfully he showed enough promise with us previously that it didn’t ruin his career.

As for Poz, he was also used poorly by Bob. Vanney had a different idea of Pozuelo than Genk did but it worked. Bob didn’t seem to understand what he was about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post

As for Poz, he was also used poorly by Bob. Vanney had a different idea of Pozuelo than Genk did but it worked. Bob didn’t seem to understand what he was about.
    I don’t think Bob cared. It was all about readying everyone to play the system that would be in place when the Italians arrived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think Bob cared. It was all about readying everyone to play the system that would be in place when the Italians arrived.
    Getting our inadequate roster to do that really well was unlikely.

If I’m to be totally honest, I’d say the thing that stands out so far about the Bob regime is wastefulness. I’m not talking about salary budget but player potential. Watching football is pleasurable because players with talent find themselves in a situation (a club) that allow them to shine. We’ve been pretty fucking dull so far.

I want to see what a half season with his preferred roster looks like. Let’s hope to god/the gods that we stay healthy enough to actually see that.

edit: ‘become’ healthy enough. three matches into the season and we’re already playing two kids with zero experience in pressure situations.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 03-13-2023 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW... Is there any validity to this post?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW... Is there any validity to this post?

I will only say maybe because Bob's MO is to recycle old players of his through his newer clubs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will only say maybe because Bob's MO is to recycle old players of his through his newer clubs.
    Do not think he ever coached either of this players in the past, likely just using his connections as the tweets mention. With the shape TFC's budgets are right now, they likely are looking for value. Anyone have insight into salaries in a league like Egypt?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magdy is 27 years old, plays as an attacking midfielder, and has a transfermarket value of 1.8 million Euros. He also plays for the Egyptian national team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a quick gander/google they appear to be wingers/AMs. So back ups to Insigne and Bernie? Give the cap and international spot situations I don't think this is a flyer. Probably some papertalk from Cairo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abdelkader is 23, plays as a winger and AM, and has a transfermarket value of 800K Euros. He doesn't seem to play for the Egyptian NT.

His contract expires in June 2023 while Magdy's expires in June 2024. It seems that Magdy is the more influential player.

I can't see TFC pursuing any player where a transfer fee is involved so I would be surprised if anything happens with Magdy.

If there is truth to these rumours then it speaks volumes about the current state of our midfield and is an admission that the MAK trade has not worked out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    From a quick gander/google they appear to be wingers/AMs. So back ups to Insigne and Bernie? Give the cap and international spot situations I don't think this is a flyer. Probably some papertalk from Cairo.
    I don't think these guys would be brought in to be back ups. TFC is not going to pay a mid to high six figure salary and use an international spot for a backup. If they come it will be as a replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    I don't think these guys would be brought in to be back ups. TFC is not going to pay a mid to high six figure salary and use an international spot for a backup. If they come it will be as a replacement.
    Pretty much. That's why, to me at least, it doesn't make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to be an account with 110 followers. Not exactly a credible or interesting source

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Getting our inadequate roster to do that really well was unlikely.

If I’m to be totally honest, I’d say the thing that stands out so far about the Bob regime is wastefulness. I’m not talking about salary budget but player potential. Watching football is pleasurable because players with talent find themselves in a situation (a club) that allow them to shine. We’ve been pretty fucking dull so far.

I want to see what a half season with his preferred roster looks like. Let’s hope to god/the gods that we stay healthy enough to actually see that.

edit: ‘become’ healthy enough. three matches into the season and we’re already playing two kids with zero experience in pressure situations.
    Agreed, it was unlikely but still feel like he tried anyway.

I’d say the salary / budget situation has been wasteful. Paying JJ to play for Dallas. Paid top dollar for Kaye. Gave Akinola u-22 money. Sent Auro away while having worse players on our roster. Traded Shaff for magic beans. The closest thing to a value signing is MacNaughton and I’d give that effort 6/10.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one doesn't make sense to me if we shipped out the Shaff because he was never going to see play time thanks to Insigne - both play AM/LF, so unless we've suddenly decided an AM is in the cards...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Seems to be an account with 110 followers. Not exactly a credible or interesting source
    I'd wager the original source is in Arabic somewhere but good luck tracking that down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An AM/winger? Like Poz basically?
    I really can’t understand what the game plan is with the roster anymore. It seems like BB picks players with an idea in mind, but that the idea in his mind doesn’t match with the reality of the players skill. Like he thinks he sees things no one else does. I can’t see him making any changes that will save the situation at this point. Overconfidence seems to be TFC’s legacy since 2017.
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 03-13-2023 at 10:10 AM.