Page 135 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138 LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Does anyone have a reliable list of who’s out of contract or in an option year next season?
    https://mlsplayers.org/news/list-of-2024-free-agents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a painfully small list. There's going to be no cap space for a rebuild

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    we have a ton of space already.

remember we got rid of 2 players on big wages (hedges, laryea), and traded MAK midseason to clear space. hedges (plus trade)+laryea+MAK trade savings already totals 2.7 Mill which is a decent chunk in MLS.

also, strong rumours bradley will retire.

i suspect the following will be leaving this offseason:

kosi
    sapong
    bradley
    vazquez
    ranjitsingh
    akinola
    diomande
    1 or both of insigne/ bernardeschi (i know there's the money issue but i suspect they find a way to move one if not both)
    ibarra (loan ending)

the only players i would definitely keep are:

mbongue (although ideally find a loan move)
    franklin
    kerr
    servania
    coello
    blessing
    johnson (although suspect may be traded to create space for rebuild)
    mailula
    prince

a few others of course could look a lot better in a better constructed squad, but as of now those would be the only guys i'd want to keep out of current bunch of losers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    That list is only for free agency eligible players (24+ and with 5 years MLS experience). Any players who don't meet that requirement can still have their contracts expire/option decline, they just have to go through re-entry process. So the departing list will be longer than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    That list is only for free agency eligible players (24+ and with 5 years MLS experience). Any players who don't meet that requirement can still have their contracts expire/option decline, they just have to go through re-entry process. So the departing list will be longer than that.

Probably not by much.

Aime Mabika is the one we can definitely shed, as his deal expires in December.

None of the younger players' contracts expire until after 2024, other than Themi Antonoglou, who MAY expire in December (only one source) and Alonso Coello, whose deal expires in December.

Both are probably young and cheap enough that not much point is seen in getting rid of them, as they still have upside growth potential.

Guitierrez might be on a short deal, so he's possible.

Blessing was on a deal through 2024 with New England and I expect that's the same here.

Everyone else is locked in through next year (and nearly all on pretty low money, anyway, other than Ayo.) I couldn't get dates on Jahkheele or Romero but believe the former has already extended his 2019 deal and the latter likely got at least two years.

Kosi Thompson, 20., through 2024

Luke Singh, 23, through 2025

Tomas Romero, 22, length unknown, signed 2021

Peruzza, through 2024

Mbongue, through 2025

Jakheele Marshall Rutty, 19, length unknown, signed 2020

DeAndre Kerr, 20, through 2024

Kobe Franklin, 19, signs through 2024

Alonso Coello, 23, through 2023, options next year

Themi Antonoglou, 22, possibly expires 2023 (one story)

Ayo Akinola, 23, through 2024
    Last edited by jloome; 10-11-2023 at 08:59 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Nope, probably not.

None of the younger players' contracts expire until after 2024, other than Themi Antonoglou, who MAY expire in December (only one source) and Alonso Coello, whose deal expires in December.

Everyone else is locked in through next year (and nearly all on pretty low money, anyway, other than Ayo.)
    This list would be fine to still have around minus Ayo. Some could also easily be loaned out too.

Just hoping we put options on some of our more expensive dead weight.

And I still can't believe we let our 2023 buyout expire with the amount of garbage circling the bowl on this roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose the upside to this is that they're all extremely young still, with both growth potential and some trade value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This list would be fine to still have around minus Ayo. Some could also easily be loaned out too.

Just hoping we put options on some of our more expensive dead weight.

And I still can't believe we let our 2023 buyout expire with the amount of garbage circling the bowl on this roster.
    We're actually not that bad off.

I have to believe they've been told by MB that he's retiring. Diomande will be the buyout if that's the case. Sapong's deal is expiring, as is Ranjitsingh's and Vazquez.

Right now we're looking at saving

Vazquez - 301,000
    Sapong - 616,000
    Ranjitsingh- 100,000
    Hedges - 908,859
    MAK - 90,000 (difference between his salary and Blessing)
    Guitierrez - 312,000 (I fucking kid you not)
    Diomande (buyout) - 585,000
    Bradley - 615,000

So if those all went ahead we'd be looking at roughly $3.5M in salary space. All of those but Hedges would've been under the cap, and Ayo would be over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayo should be packaged with allocation money and sent to another team. Easiest way to undo that one.

Re: Guitierrez… I thought the caps were covering part of his salary?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Re: Guitierrez… I thought the caps were covering part of his salary?
    Only for this season. If we pick up the option then it's all ours.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something happened to FB wages in 2018 because they used to be the worst in the league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd keep Johnson as I believe a likely nother year of cruddy defence might kill the confidence of a younger keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only for this season. If we pick up the option then it's all ours.
    He's over 25 and not listed as having an option. That suggests the option year isn't until 2025. Unless he signed a new, one-year deal, I suspect we're stuck with him for a year.

Agreed on Sean Johnson. Still looks like an occasional game-saver to me, only had one bad gaffe all season. Still, good mentor for Gavran, too, who looks like the real deal.

When you consider how young the team we put out this year is -- Franklin is 19, Kerr is 20, Rutty is 19, Pearlman is 17 -- they still have a lot of room for growth and improvement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's over 25 and not listed as having an option. That suggests the option year isn't until 2025. Unless he signed a new, one-year deal, I suspect we're stuck with him for a year.
    According to this his contract had two option years for 2022 & 2023 so his contract is probably done unless we resigned him at some point instead of picking up his WC deal.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/whit...ian-gutierrez/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to this his contract had two option years for 2022 & 2023 so his contract is probably done unless we resigned him at some point instead of picking up his WC deal.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/whit...ian-gutierrez/
    That would be good. He looked awful in his brief few minutes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be good. He looked awful in his brief few minutes.
    We must have just picked up that option though since Vancouver was paying most of his wages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We must have just picked up that option though since Vancouver was paying most of his wages.
    I don't think we have. Normally they don't make those calls until November. He doesn't have five years, so he wouldn't be on the free agents/options list anyway, even if he was on an option year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think we have. Normally they don't make those calls until November. He doesn't have five years, so he wouldn't be on the free agents/options list anyway, even if he was on an option year.
    No, I just meant picked up the 2023 one he was on and not just re-signed him to new terms. That wouldn't have surprised me because we've been managed by boobs for years now so you can never rule out stupid moves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I just meant picked up the 2023 one he was on and not just re-signed him to new terms. That wouldn't have surprised me because we've been managed by boobs for years now so you can never rule out stupid moves.
    Oh, yeah, I believe we did. But that expires Dec. 23, I believe. I don't think he'll be back unless it's at massively reduced terms. He just hasn't proven himself at the MLS level.

I did talk to some Vancouver fans who said he's a puzzler, because he has the odd game where he looks up for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Draft is regaining relevance. A lot of youth team players are going for a couple of years (like Kerr and Jaycen Russel Rowe from us) and then getting drafted after playing college. McGuire, who was a senior when drafted in 2022, has 11 goals at Orlando. Henry Kessler has become a starter at New England after being drafted in 2020.

We might get something decent out of the NCAA this offseason. Anyone following US collegiate soccer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven’t followed but normally start with this guys list. It’s not as accurate as an NBA draft board but it gives you an idea who is out there.

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/coll...al-top-100/men

As a side note, has the NCAA changed their ridiculous rules yet? They should really have aligned to FIFA a long time ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven’t followed but normally start with this guys list. It’s not as accurate as an NBA draft board but it gives you an idea who is out there.

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/coll...al-top-100/men

As a side note, has the NCAA changed their ridiculous rules yet? They should really have aligned to FIFA a long time ago.
    Yeah, they made a bunch of changes in 2019-2021 to "align" with Fifa. There are still some small differences, but the constant subs and quarters shit is all gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While you might not get many players that will have an impact in the MLS from the college draft there are still instances where you still might uncover a talent that can play and produce in this league . Orlando’s Duncan McGuire who is playing in his first year as a pro for Orlando straight out of college after spending 3 years playing NCAA soccer and at the ripe old age off 22 has 11 goals for Orlando this season, more than both our two Italian DP’s scoring combined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    While you might not get many players that will have an impact in the MLS from the college draft there are still instances where you still might uncover a talent that can play and produce in this league . Orlando’s Duncan McGuire who is playing in his first year as a pro for Orlando straight out of college after spending 3 years playing NCAA soccer and at the ripe old age off 22 has 11 goals for Orlando this season, more than both our two Italian DP’s scoring combined.
    Yeah, good find by Orlando. Side note, Óscar Pareja is out of contract in the off season? I find that sort of shocking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, good find by Orlando. Side note, Óscar Pareja is out of contract in the off season? I find that sort of shocking.
    I find that odd too but the rumor is they were speaking to Tite so maybe they want in on some MLS bigger name hype.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that odd too but the rumor is they were speaking to Tite so maybe they want in on some MLS bigger name hype.
    Why have a winner when you can have a circus? (Although Tata certainly is a good coach too)

I would take Pareja to coach TFC any day of the week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why have a winner when you can have a circus? (Although Tata certainly is a good coach too)

I would take Pareja to coach TFC any day of the week.
    They love Pareja. If he's not signing a new deal, it's probably his move, not the club's. He's done really well for them and has options as a result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Football Italia reporting Juventus is kicking Bernardeschi's tires due to off-field issues with Nicolo Fagioli.

That'll last until they see the wage bill, I imagine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Football Italia reporting Juventus is kicking Bernardeschi's tires due to off-field issues with Nicolo Fagioli.

That'll last until they see the wage bill, I imagine.
    Or until they ask for a free loan with us eating 2/3rds of his deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or until they ask for a free loan with us eating 2/3rds of his deal.
    You don't foresee them taking him back on more money than he was paid before they sent him to us?