Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

What am I wanting to see this week?

Passion & work hard

What do I expect result wise? We are going to lose.
    I would add that I don't want to see any injuries on that turf as well.

And if we lose, I would like it to be a tough slog of a 2-1 loss or something like that and not a 90 minute disasterclass or another late match collapse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately we didn’t see almost any of the things you want to see last week. Moreover, hardly saw any of that last season , also I don’t want to see panic mode at the end of games when you are defending a lead . The troubling part of those two last goals both goals were created from crosses into the box that were not defended and that’s very troubling.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're fiiiine, we're fine, Insigne is fine.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post

Oh, I hear you... we are all that character in that room with the fire around us.

The only difference is how big the flames are.....and our willingness to ignore or see past them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I hear you... we are all that character in that room with the fire around us.

The only difference is how big the flames are.....and our willingness to ignore or see past them.
    I am only certain of one thing on Saturday.

Berna is going to give 100% to have us win this match. I just hope the rest of the team can match that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Unfortunately we didn’t see almost any of the things you want to see last week. Moreover, hardly saw any of that last season , also I don’t want to see panic mode at the end of games when you are defending a lead . The troubling part of those two last goals both goals were created from crosses into the box that were not defended and that’s very troubling.
    I think it’s more than one thing in each case. On goal #2, it was waaay too easy for DC to overload the left side and get in the space behind Richie. By the time you have a guy that close to the goal with no pressure, there’s a very good chance he picks out the right pass. Roasted maybe a bit naive on going after that ball Benteke but you could argue not many CB’s in the league are going to win that battle, period (so you really need to stop the cross or provide more help).

Goal #3, our entire midfield just looks like a comedy of errors. Kaye who is defending has Petretta on a recovery run just behind him just about to catch up, at which point they would have doubled the attacker and forced him to go backwards with us pass. Instead of staying tight Kaye conservatively drops in closing off the flank and avoid getting beat for pace but allows for a simple inside pass to Najar. Osorio passes Najar off to Bradley who is covering the space inside of the park. Bradley is too slow and can’t keep up so Najar is able to work the ball over to the left side. Laryea is instantly in a 1v2 situation with the winger overlapping and Berna not able to recover as quickly cause he just ran his guts out on a previous play trying to score. However, Laryea does admirably and because of his pace almost gets to the fullback on the overlap but isn’t quite quick enough to stop the ball inside. Osorio misses his runner and the rest of the defence of over-focusing on Benteke at the far post (cause of the last goal).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob says Insigne is questionable for Saturday. I personally wouldn't risk him on turf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    see you get it everything is fine there's nothing to see here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Bob says Insigne is questionable for Saturday. I personally wouldn't risk him on turf.
    I would save him for the home opener as well. Its a long season at the end of the day.

What about VV for Saturday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    I would save him for the home opener as well. Its a long season at the end of the day.

He has been in full training most of the week so he is available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    He has been in full training most of the week so he is available.
    Good, I want to see some VV and Berna magic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    It's sad that with the league becoming as "big" as it is and grown so much tactically, in video production, and in recruiting and selling star players that every team still has to say "Well I wouldn't risk him on turf" a handful of times per year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It's sad that with the league becoming as "big" as it is and grown so much tactically, in video production, and in recruiting and selling star players that every team still has to say "Well I wouldn't risk him on turf" a handful of times per year.
    Yea the league needs to set a date for all teams to comply with no turf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VV still “questionable” according to Bradley.

Kerr is available now after missing most of training camp. Another option to fill in for Insigne. If there’s no obvious change of formation Kerr could play on the left at least later in the game if Akinola comes off.

For me, whether we stick to 4-3-3 should be interesting. I suspect we will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great that Insigne is even questionable, but reality is, I don't care if he's fitter than he's ever been we shouldn't let him anywhere near that turf. I suspect we keep the same system, too. I wonder if they go with Ayo or push Osorio up to the wing and add Servania into the mid field. It's alot more compact that way and can cover for some of our failings in mid field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    VV still “questionable” according to Bradley.

Kerr is available now after missing most of training camp. Another option to fill in for Insigne. If there’s no obvious change of formation Kerr could play on the left at least later in the game if Akinola comes off.

For me, whether we stick to 4-3-3 should be interesting. I suspect we will.

Should be 4-2-3-1 or whatever formation BB played in the 2nd half of first match.

Laryea - Rosted - Hedges - Petretta
    ----Kaye / Campania--- Bradley----
    Berna ------- Osorio ------- Akinola
    --------------Diomande---------------

VV for Osorio 2nd half
    Kerr for Akinola (maybe)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea the league needs to set a date for all teams to comply with no turf.
    Sadly I don’t see this happening. The league has quite a few teams playing in massive NFL stadiums and one in a god damn baseball stadium. They should at least have a new franchise rule that teams must play in a soccer specific stadium moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Great that Insigne is even questionable, but reality is, I don't care if he's fitter than he's ever been we shouldn't let him anywhere near that turf. I suspect we keep the same system, too. I wonder if they go with Ayo or push Osorio up to the wing and add Servania into the mid field. It's alot more compact that way and can cover for some of our failings in mid field

Last weekend against DC, we were 2.29 to 0.84 in xG. We have trouble breaking down a low-mid block defensively and we were, once more, terrible in transition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd put Oso on the LW/LM and bring Servania into the midfield. We need his legs and workrate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Last weekend against DC, we were 2.29 to 0.84 in xG. We have trouble breaking down a low-mid block defensively and we were, once more, terrible in transition.
    I don't know, i thought we did enough to win, held most of the game in the second half. We just had awful defensive shape all game and looked particular bad in locking it down in the final 2 +8 minutes... to me that was what was shambolic.

I have heard worse things than playing a 4-2-3-1, just that if every ball has to go through one person to start, we will continue to have issues. I also think

----Osorio / Campania--- Bradley----
    Berna ------- Osorio/Kaye ------- Akinola/Kerr

Might make more sense, Kaye appears to have a decent instinct in the box...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I don't know, i thought we did enough to win, held most of the game in the second half. We just had awful defensive shape all game and looked particular bad in locking it down in the final 2 +8 minutes... to me that was what was shambolic.

I have heard worse things than playing a 4-2-3-1, just that if every ball has to go through one person to start, we will continue to have issues. I also think

----Osorio / Campania--- Bradley----
    Berna ------- Osorio/Kaye ------- Akinola/Kerr

Might make more sense, Kaye appears to have a decent instinct in the box...

You mean Servania, I assume.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are the games that test why I support a team.

I don't support TFC because they are perfect.

I don't support them because I like to complain.

I don't support TFC because I want to see them win.

I support TFC because its the local, its my game & the little things bring me joy,

What am I wanting to see this week?

Passion & work hard

What I look forward to watching?

Matt Hedges grow into the leader at the back

Osorio & Laryea do some CONCACAFing that makes Atlanta's South American's lose their shit

Bernie be Bernie

What do I expect result wise? We are going to lose.

And I'll be upset, of course. And then I will hopefully remember Richie's CONCACAF stare & laugh. Cause if life & support was only about winning.....I WOULDN'T EFFIN BE HERE!!!

Anyways -
    This is a lovely post.

I want to see … hope, promise, something to build on.

It can take numerous forms… skill, effort, attitude. Show me some of that and I will be more than fine.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see you get it everything is fine there's nothing to see here
    Maybe a pic of him actually at/in the training facility?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvistheEvilScotsman View Post
    Sadly I don’t see this happening. The league has quite a few teams playing in massive NFL stadiums and one in a god damn baseball stadium. They should at least have a new franchise rule that teams must play in a soccer specific stadium moving forward.
    Wasn't that a "rule" at one point. We had a period where most new teams had SSSs. Then the big money expansions started happening and that rule went out the window for the cash.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean Servania, I assume.
    Yes, nice catch…tx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, nice catch…tx
    Its because I wrote Campania in my lineup... No idea why I thought that. Must have been thinking of Italy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, nice catch…tx
    I'll put money down now that we end the season with an xG way higher than our goals scored.

His system looks good, but it has serious flaws, I suspect. It's essentially a variant of the high press/gegenpress, just employing some width in transition instead of a 4222 block.

We attack almost exclusively from the top corners of the box, so the defense is a static block, never having to track anyone. There is insufficient movement to create the space needed for chances. And we have two midfielders high, leaving us very vulnerable in transition.

It doesn't work as a tactic unless you have a very skilled, balanced roster that can cut through it with short, quick, accurate passing.

Our interplay is insufficiently skilled to hold possession for long enough to create something through a static defensive block.

And we have a hard time advancing the ball by always playing through Michael.

It's all very inflexible and I dont' think it works. Maybe he'll start changing some things up, but I suspect he's a rigid believer in it.
    Last edited by jloome; 03-03-2023 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll put money down now that we end the season with an xG way higher than our goals scored.

His system looks good, but it has serious flaws, I suspect. It's essentially a variant of the high press/gegenpress, just employing some width in transition instead of a 4222 block.

We attack almost exclusively from the top corners of the box, so the defense is a static block, never having to track anyone. There is insufficient movement to create the space needed for chances. And we have two midfielders high, leaving us very vulnerable in transition.

It doesn't work as a tactic unless you have a very skilled, balanced roster that can cut through it with short, quick, accurate passing.

Our interplay is insufficiently skilled to hold possession for long enough to create something through a static defensive block.

And we have a hard time advancing the ball by always playing through Michael.

It's all very inflexible and I dont' think it works. Maybe he'll start changing some things up, but I suspect he's a rigid believer in it.

i completely agree the tactics used so far isnt working and the coach needs to put his starting XI to succeed and not fail .-- also i feel like if BB doesnt like someones personality there is no way this player has a chance (i.e maybe shaffleburg)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope TFC can score two or three goals- I dont see where the goals will be coming from unfortunately.

The biggest issue I had from last season which seemed to be the biggest issue this first game is -majority of goals last season were scored off individual brilliance- from LI/FB/Criscito- free kicks/penalties - this game highlighted this- as TFC scored off a PK and a free-kick-other then that there wasn't much of a threat of a team build up to create chances to score- yes bradley had a nice ball played in--but no results.

TFC cannot rely on FB/LI to do it all on their own they def need the others to support them- if they let in 60+ goals, I dont see where TFC will get the additional 30 to 40 goals from if FB/LI score 10 each.