Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 2 - TFC @ Atlanta - Saturday March 4 7:39 pm - you'd rather love and lost

with tears

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping for an Insigne update today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a schedule of media availability in advance of a game? I like that everyone knows on the Friday before an EPL gameweek that there is manager availability and an opportunity to get injury updates. And the whole thing of people scouring the training pics and videos to see who is in training and who isn't leading up to the Friday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a schedule of media availability in advance of a game? I like that everyone knows on the Friday before an EPL gameweek that there is manager availability and an opportunity to get injury updates. And the whole thing of people scouring the training pics and videos to see who is in training and who isn't leading up to the Friday.
    Way it has worked in the past is availability is on Tuesday with the manager & then Thursday with manager & a player. The Tuesday was not guaranteed. Davidson makes a point in the pressers to ask for injury updates.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am ready to suffer again. Last game I wasn't able to watch due to an engagement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    I am ready to suffer again. Last game I wasn't able to watch due to an engagement.
    I have bad visions of Thiago Almada vs our mifield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With this game ONLY on Apple TV (no TSN), will Mill Street be doing an away game showing?? Do they have the ability?

Or any bar for that matter??

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    With this game ONLY on Apple TV (no TSN), will Mill Street be doing an away game showing?? Do they have the ability?

Or any bar for that matter??
    Mill Street will for sure. On /r/mls they were talking about how cheap it was in the states to stream it for a business ($100 apparently), so it shouldn't be too different up here hopefully.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I was actually flipping through the channels yesterday on Bell and 4-5 of the last channels listed were called: MLS season pass (business only)
    wonder if they might not even require an apple tv or smart tv or chromecast?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Yeah I was actually flipping through the channels yesterday on Bell and 4-5 of the last channels listed were called: MLS season pass (business only)
    wonder if they might not even require an apple tv or smart tv or chromecast?
    Businesses can buy MLS season pass alongside other sports packs and have them delivered via cable box.

They have a massive promotion on for it in the states where it's $100 for a year and they waive the usual extra fees for occupancy and local broadcast rights.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This silence is starting to feel ominous
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    They're figuring out the spin and working on a signing, I imagine. Even if he's out a month, that costs them at the gate and us in the standings.

But they're doubtless aware the larger cost here, which is likely their employment.

You don't spend the most ever on a player in l eague history only for him to end up crocked before he's played a full season. If he missed four to six, and we lose enough games to put us in an early hole, the front office has a worst-case scenario in front of them, reputation wise.

My worry here is that they shelve any plans to do the three u22 dps deal, which is the smart move, given some of the talent out there, and instead rush an older DP to "replace" his draw. Or some other weaselly corporate bullshit like that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not worried at all - we never get injury information right away when there is no midweek game.

Information about injuries only ever comes out when journos have access - likely tomorrow.
    They'll say x weeks & it will be x +2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    They're figuring out the spin and working on a signing, I imagine. Even if he's out a month, that costs them at the gate and us in the standings.

But they're doubtless aware the larger cost here, which is likely their employment.

You don't spend the most ever on a player in l eague history only for him to end up crocked before he's played a full season. If he missed four to six, and we lose enough games to put us in an early hole, the front office has a worst-case scenario in front of them, reputation wise.

My worry here is that they shelve any plans to do the three u22 dps deal, which is the smart move, given some of the talent out there, and instead rush an older DP to "replace" his draw. Or some other weaselly corporate bullshit like that.
    I've always felt thar signing a player in his 30's to such a large contract was a high risk move. If Insigne spends more time this season injured then playing, and if the team misses the playoffs again this year then it could spell the end of the Manning era in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna say it is a strained calf, 4-6 weeks estimated tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, we’re in first place right now in terms of being the “most experienced team”. We wouldn’t want to put that at risk would we? Lol.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Hey, we’re in first place right now in terms of being the “most experienced team”. We wouldn’t want to put that at risk would we? Lol.
    I saw a figure last week indicating we were actually about 5th in that race....darned if I can find it anymore but IIRC Austin is the oldest team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I saw a figure last week indicating we were actually about 5th in that race....darned if I can find it anymore but IIRC Austin is the oldest team.
    Might be a case of starting 11 vs overall roster. I saw something something somewhere that said we were the oldest, not sure what the measuring stick was

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be better than I expect. I didn’t like his body language coming off. Not that body language in the moment is 100% reliable.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be better than I expect. I didn’t like his body language coming off. Not that body language in the moment is 100% reliable.
    if it was knee cartlidge, goodbye six months. Fingers frigging crossed against that one, boys.

EDIT: I should say from the way he pulled up, it looked like a hamstring or calf.
    Last edited by jloome; 02-27-2023 at 11:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else notice KC playing our exact identical offensive set tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not worried at all - we never get injury information right away when there is no midweek game. Information about injuries only ever comes out when journos have access - likely tomorrow. They'll say x weeks & it will be x +2.
    if it was knee cartlidge, goodbye six months. Fingers frigging crossed against that one, boys. EDIT: I should say from the way he pulled up, it looked like a hamstring or calf.
    Believe Canadian Media sourced from BBradley suggesting Lolo 'felt something in his lower leg'; ergo a lower leg injury? Italian Media, perhaps from Lolo sources- agents, friends, family- suggesting it is a 'muscle injury'. Possible that it's as MikeForbes and jloome suspect; a calf muscle issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Might be a case of starting 11 vs overall roster. I saw something something somewhere that said we were the oldest, not sure what the measuring stick was
    Could this be the figure/s you are referencing? Click the bottom graph to expand for the more relevant details.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-28-2023 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Believe Canadian Media sourced from BBradley suggesting Lolo 'felt something in his lower leg'; ergo a lower leg injury? Italian Media, perhaps from Lolo sources- agents, friends, family- suggesting it is a 'muscle injury'. Possible that it's as MikeForbes and jloome suspect; a calf muscle issue.
    BB said lower leg, but it looked like Insigne was pressing at this groin as he pulled up lame. So who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not worried at all - we never get injury information right away when there is no midweek game.

Information about injuries only ever comes out when journos have access - likely tomorrow.
    They'll say x weeks & it will be x +2.
    Yup, this is right. Media availability is today as Og said. Wouldn't expect to hear anything before now, so I don't think silence is indicative of anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yup, this is right. Media availability is today as Og said. Wouldn't expect to hear anything before now, so I don't think silence is indicative of anything.
    Agree with this so not yet worried about the injury, we just don't know yet

But man, why are TFC so bad at communicating? If there is news, it should go out as soon as it's known. Any other league that would be how it would happen, you don't need to wait until you're asked by a journalist. TFC really drop the ball when it comes to engaging with their community and seem to treat it like a chore at times and that's just leaving an avenue to drive support on the table. It's so lazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Insigne likely out what's our lineup?

Easy is to throw Akinola in that spot but that leaves us with I guess no subs up front then?

What does everyone think of Osorio taking Insignes spot (and moving more center) and starting Servania with MAK and Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Agree with this so not yet worried about the injury, we just don't know yet

But man, why are TFC so bad at communicating? If there is news, it should go out as soon as it's known. Any other league that would be how it would happen, you don't need to wait until you're asked by a journalist. TFC really drop the ball when it comes to engaging with their community and seem to treat it like a chore at times and that's just leaving an avenue to drive support on the table. It's so lazy.
    In the EPL you don't get injury updates until media availability, usually Friday of a GW. Even then they're cagey about telling the real situation quite often. Liverpool just has their availability today in advance of their game tomorrow and updated Darwin's injury. This is typically how it goes. Although there are usually many more spies watching the training grounds, scouring the photos, etc to see who is in training on any given day.
    Last edited by Canary10; 02-28-2023 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me... on the inside... today... until media availability... a bit of nervous, anxious, panic...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope we start Servania as a 6 this week.

If DC didn't have so much time on transition last week -- we rotate to defensive positions very, very slowly -- I don't think there'd be a question of the better team.

We have a ton of skill but no midfield speed or grit. WE can all see it. When we narrowed up in the second half and kept possession better, it somewhat mitigated that. The players were always close enough to the ball to recover. But as we got tired, it became harder to win those battles, setting up the failure at the end.

We're offensively exciting. We're defensively atrocious, and I don't mean the backline. They've obviously strenghthened that, although it looks like Rosted is going to have to toughen up. It's our forward and midfield pressure that was the problem against DC.

And their starting midfield wasn't exactly fast. Klisch is quick but 32 and not super fast, Canouse and Durkin are d. mids. But all they need to do was outlet the ball to the uncovered wide player with speed and they gained instantly excellent field position in our zone.

We just can't close on the ball quickly enough.

I think no matter what, Servania needs to start. Kaye is quick enough but he can't play defensively. Michael played well in the second half when we narrowed the pitch, but in the first half he and Oso were just nowhere near the tackle. We have, effectively, three progressive passing midfielders, one of whom -- Oso -- has real offensive skill as well. Kay, based on that finish, might have some too, but his close control isn't there.

I also think continually trying to spread the field, to keep the Italians as wide as possible to attempt 1-on-1 isolations is just a mistake. By the time we move the ball on the switch, teams have recovered defensive position and the wide player is facing a double team or being pushed to the sidedline and forced to win a dribble.

It leaves the ball never moving freely in space, always in close quarters.

The tactics don't fit our team, in other words.

What I'd like to see.

-------------Johnson--------------
    Laryea---Hedges--Rosted---Petretta
    --------Servania--Bradley----------
    ---Bernie----Oso----Insgine---
    ------------Diomande-------------

We play with twin pivots, one of whom stays back whenever the other is up, tilting the pitch to the ball being on the 'strong' side. We play slightly narrower, emphasising our advantage at close interplay (similar to how we played in the second half) but still allowing space for the wingers to push out, thereby dragging the defense slightly that way and opening up more space inside.

It's not complex or creative, it's a bog-standard but effective tactical setup. Plus, when Michael stayed further back in the second half, this is basically the formation we ended up playing, with the second midfielder as an 8 and the high player, usually Oso, in the slot.

Rotate Bradly, Oso and Kaye, use Servania's 23 year old legs to wreck a little.