Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SJ. man of the match. He won us a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it is a decent result, but the whole Ayo thing is perplexing to me. You gave him a u-22 spot and he has played alright. Why are you subbing him on for 30 minutes and replacing him with a 18 year old? If you think that little of him, why are we spending an important roster spot on him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take that. Some positives, Sean Johnson was outstanding (he would be man of the match but I have to give it to VAR) and it's a weird feeling to have absolute confidence in a Toronto fc goalkeeper! Berna continues to be a one man wrecking crew, and the talk about body language? I didn't see it today

The worry is we were one absolute MLS refereeing catastrophe from losing, our lack of depth killed us (roster and cap management may absolutely kill us this season) and our mid field simply isn't good enough, especially for 90 minutes. We need somebody in there, a guaranteed starter level player and I suspect our manager is willfully blind to that need

But honestly, overall the team is starting to gel and we have such attacking talent and a good enough goalkeeper that we will rob points in games we don't deserve them in and that's a huge huge ability to have

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I'll take that. Some positives, Sean Johnson was outstanding and it's a weird feeling to have absolute confidence in a Toronto fc goalkeeper! Berna continues to be a one man wrecking crew, and the talk about body language? I didn't see it today

The worry is we were one absolute MLS refereeing catastrophe from losing, our lack of depth killed us (roster and cap management may absolutely kill us this season) and our mid field simply isn't good enough, especially for 90 minutes. We need somebody in there, a guaranteed starter level player and I suspect our manager is willfully blind to that need

But honestly, overall the team is starting to gel and we have such attacking talent and a good enough goalkeeper that we will rob points in games we don't deserve them in and that's a huge huge ability to have
    We have defenders - O'Neill and MacNaughton aren't scrubs, I'm concerned that Bob is holding onto subs needlessly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 wins -2 losses would have been bad
    Last edited by alex andrew; 03-04-2023 at 09:39 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnson and Hedges (unlucky on deflection) providing exactly what we needed. Johnson communicating with Rosted is good to see

Only worry is Fede starting to look really pissed at some players and dejected at end of game

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My BIGGEST problem is the giveaways. We are probably one of the worst teams at hold-up and even basic backward passing and Mark-Anthony Kaye is a big part of that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Johnson and Hedges (unlucky on deflection) providing exactly what we needed. Johnson communicating with Rosted is good to see
    Rosted wasn't bad either - some key blocks. I love Petretta so much though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Rosted wasn't bad either - some key blocks. I love Petretta so much though.
    Nope and I think he has more to give. Johnson is helping with that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really worry about the constant scrambly defending. It’s one thing to set up a low block and invite the pressure and defend. Looks more like we’re getting cup up and it’s up to SJ and the back line to bail us. Just doesn’t look like we’re defending with a plan.

Happy with the point though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

What am I wanting to see this week?

Passion & work hard

What I look forward to watching?

Matt Hedges grow into the leader at the back

Osorio & Laryea do some CONCACAFing that makes Atlanta's South American's lose their shit

Bernie be Bernie

Job done

Add in having a good keeper and ...yeh...job done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, if you are gonna have Victor on the bench, why not play him?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Also, if you are gonna have Victor on the bench, why not play him?
    My theory? They saw turf and got spooked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We stole a point that we didn't deserve. The match metrics were heavily one sided in Atlanta's favor.

We are better than that. I am starting to lose faith in Bradley Sr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser09 View Post
    looked offside to me, his arm was ahead of rosted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Arm isn't considered as you can't score with it. Though it would be very on brand for MLS referees to do that
    Quote Originally Posted by MDH View Post
    If MLS brings it that line drawing nonsense to see if one guys knuckle was ahead of another guys knee. She called it off, it was super closez probably off, not nearly close enough to overturn. Just cause the prem does it doesn't mean it's good.
    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Arm doesn't count since its not a playable part of body.
    Suspect it's the camera angle. I think it was offside. Either smidge of a foot, knee, shoulder or head?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alex andrew View Post
    nothing scientific here, but based on new potential fans ( via apple ), nobody can afford to start the season on a wrong ( very wrong ) foot

must be a win today
    congratulations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My theory? They saw turf and got spooked.
    Maybe. I know the applause next week at BMO will be massive for VV, but he could of done a job for 10 minutes today instead of Kosi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the prettiest, but hard fought road point.
    Unlucky goal, but lucky in getting that 2nd goal called offside.

I'll take the result, but those turnovers need to be worked on during training.

Bernie doesn't look too happy though. And why not subbing any defenders?

Team looked much better than last week though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Though it's way better than when your keeper is your worst.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it is a decent result, but the whole Ayo thing is perplexing to me. You gave him a u-22 spot and he has played alright. Why are you subbing him on for 30 minutes and replacing him with a 18 year old? If you think that little of him, why are we spending an important roster spot on him?
    I think he knew we would be bunkering for the last 15 and Mbongue is bigger, perhaps a little more able to hold up the ball until the rest of the team got up into other end.

Bernie was frustrated a few times tonight. But mostly, they did what they were asked, which was play a defensive 4-2-3-1/433 counter.

When Atlanta pressed late and pushed high, we had trouble getting the ball out. They looked leggy.

Ratings
    SeanJo - 9
    Laryea - 7
    Hedges - 7 (can't really fault the deflection)
    Rosted - 6.5 (he had two or three great moments, a clanger or two)
    Petretta - 4 Very poor tonight, gave up on his runner twice, cleared poorly, was manhandled for strength for the second straight week.
    MAK - 7 - A couple of short passes aside, very good and came into the game, excellent 2nd half defense.
    Bradley - 6.5 excellent until about minute 70 then struggled to cover a little
    Osorio - 6 - Meh. A few good moments but also barged off the ball easily several times.
    Bernadeschi - 7.5 Generally excellent, defensive effort lagged in the second half
    Servania - 6 - Covered a lot fo ground, blocked a few things. Nothing special, not awful.
    Diomande - 3 - He was just out of step. Everything that could go wrong with his holdup and linkup did.
    Akinola - 6 - I think he lost out late for defensive reasons, due to Mbongue's height and fresh legs.
    Mbongue - n/a wasn't on long enough to make much impression. had a few decent looks but had that Okello sort of nervousness to his off-the-ball movement.

Tactics: 6.5 we needed a point and we're still not cohesive. Atlanta was coming in on a high and we basically shut Almada down. Good road point. Felt we need to adjust and push up in the second half, force them to beat our fullbacks and cut off some of their passing space, but maybe conservatively staying in the narrow defensive block was smarter.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think he knew we would be bunkering for the last 15 and Mbongue is bigger, perhaps a little more able to hold up the ball until the rest of the team got up into other end.

Bernie was frustrated a few times tonight. But mostly, they did what they were asked, which was play a defensive 4-2-3-1/433 counter.

When Atlanta pressed late and pushed high, we had trouble getting the ball out. They looked leggy.

Ratings
    SeanJo - 9
    Laryea - 7
    Petretta - 4 Very poor tonight, gave up on his runner twice, cleared poorly, was manhandled for strength for the second straight week.
    MAK - 7 - A couple of short passes aside, very good and came into the game, excellent 2nd half defense.
    Osorio - 6 - Meh. A few good moments but also barged off the ball easily several times.
    Bernadeschi - 7.5 Generally excellent, defensive effort lagged in the second half
    Servania - 6 - Covered a lot fo ground, blocked a few things. Nothing special, not awful.
    Diomande - 3 - He was just out of step. Everything that could go wrong with his holdup and linkup did.
    Akinola - 6 - I think he lost out late for defensive reasons, due to Mbongue's height and fresh legs.
    Mbongue - n/a wasn't on long enough to make much impression. had a few decent looks but had that Okello sort of nervousness to his off-the-ball movement.

Tactics: 6.5 we needed a point and we're still not cohesive. Atlanta was coming in on a high and we basically shut Almada down. Good road point. Felt we need to adjust and push up in the second half, force them to beat our fullbacks and cut off some of their passing space, but maybe conservatively staying in the narrow defensive block was smarter.
    Why are we so lenient on MAK? I feel like his possession has been the weakest of the entire group and it's been absolutely killing us

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. I know the applause next week at BMO will be massive for VV, but he could of done a job for 10 minutes today instead of Kosi.
    I think VV gets left for dust by every single player on Atlanta but Guzan & we are way out of balance. Kosi takes up space & runs.

BUT...there is problem with a team that HAS to play 4 at the back & can't introduce a 3rd CB. Good teams figure out a way to adjust their defensive line.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Ratings
    SeanJo - 9
    Laryea - 7

I honestly think Ayo would be a better player for bunkering. Hugo didn't show too much today, but Ayo is a guy who we have invested an important roster spot and decent money. It just shows a lack of faith in the player and makes whoever signed him to that contract look bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. That changes my previous comment. Gotta think we still need a striker though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayo looked pretty good to me for someone with a hammy issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly think Ayo would be a better player for bunkering. Hugo didn't show too much today, but Ayo is a guy who we have invested an important roster spot and decent money. It just shows a lack of faith in the player and makes whoever signed him to that contract look bad.
    both ayo and dio had hammy probs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strong team effort and a good point away from home...big game johnson...bradley again and again with those passes that you dont see from kaye osorio servania and assists bernardeschi...kaye gives the ball away way too easily and in bad positions...strong sub to bring mbongue as a bigger stronger presence was needed up front for the end and it worked...now gotta start integrating vazquez and rutty...give minutes to rutty in the midfield and bring vazquez in the second half...kaye will have to go to the bench if he keeps playing like this...theres a solid group here that is slowly building...keeper and defenders strong and just gotta find the right three in the midfield and three up front

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are we so lenient on MAK? I feel like his possession has been the weakest of the entire group and it's been absolutely killing us
    Mak had at least 10 errand passes in the middle of the park and a few lead to serious turnovers. No higher than a 4 for me

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Ayo looked pretty good to me for someone with a hammy issue
    He sprinted off the field I think. I think that was a lie