Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Damn. I have the Android app on google TV. I had hoped this issue was everywhere but if it's only on android I'm fucked, Apple will never prioritize fixing it. Very frustrating.

I also can't imagine why *anyone* thought spoilers on was a good idea, anywhere. Who wants spoilers? It's not even a sports thing, Apple won't throw Severance season 2 spoilers all over the app when that airs
    I use the Nvidia Shield Pro to watch which is Android based. I was able to turn off the spoiler but like others said I think I had to sign out then sign back in or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I use the Nvidia Shield Pro to watch which is Android based. I was able to turn off the spoiler but like others said I think I had to sign out then sign back in or something like that.
    Weird. That's the same app on the same OS (More or less)

Can confirm toggling the option, rebooting the device and signing out and in have done absolutely nothing for me

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird. That's the same app on the same OS (More or less)

Can confirm toggling the option, rebooting the device and signing out and in have done absolutely nothing for me
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they work out all the kinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use all apple products. I turned off scores on the tv app and they are still showing, plus the app on my phone doesn’t even have an option to turn off scores. Hopefully apple care can fix the issue(s). We’ll see. Unfortunate, because the picture quality was much better and I didn’t have to mute the announcers to stomach watching the game, like I did with TSN.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a TV soccer website where we find out who is on the broadcast teams for the next games

& they have a guide for dealing with Apple spoilers - hope it helps

https://worldsoccertalk.com/mls-seas...ST-421428.html

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://worldsoccertalk.com/tv/5-mls...ST-422420.html

For those looking to see the 360 show afterwards...a fix is mentionned here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    On an AppleTV, you can go to TorontoFC page (located in MLS Season Pass page). At the bottom are all previous games (currently 2 available). Also, on an AppleTV, score spoilers can be turned off in the main Settings application.
    I am so frustrated with this right now. I'm still trying to find a way to watch last weekends game. I did find this MLS Season Pass section but I could still only find the recap with in it. Now I can no longer see the MLS season pass section at the bottom. I also still can't get rid of the scores and yes I did remove the scores on my IPad and it removed the scores there (the ipad will now no longer access the pass) but the scores are still on the tv. There seems to be no way to get rid of them on the tv. I'm an idiot with tech to begin with so this is all just destroying my brain.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I am so frustrated with this right now. I'm still trying to find a way to watch last weekends game. I did find this MLS Season Pass section but I could still only find the recap with in it. Now I can no longer see the MLS season pass section at the bottom. I also still can't get rid of the scores and yes I did remove the scores on my IPad and it removed the scores there (the ipad will now no longer access the pass) but the scores are still on the tv. There seems to be no way to get rid of them on the tv. I'm an idiot with tech to begin with so this is all just destroying my brain.
    For the iPad, if you don't have the Season Pass access check your Settings and then pick your Apple ID then look in Subscriptions to make sure it is active. Once you confirm the subscription is active, go back to the Apple TV app on your iPad and when you first go in look at the top left corner. There should be something there where you can open a menu. Pick Sports and then MLS Season Pass should be on that page. Apple doesn't put it front and centre on their main page at all I find. When you go and find the TFC page find the game at the bottom. Once you open it, it will default to the Recap/Highlights. You then need to go down to the bottom where it should say Season Pass - 2 Versions. Click on the 2 versions and you can select full game 90 min or the 7 min recap.

For the TV, what device are you using to watch Apple TV on your TV? Apple is apparently still working on fixing the bug of not being able to remove sports scores for their app on some devices so maybe yours is one. If Season Pass is working on your TV then likely your subscription is ok but weird it would not be showing on your iPad then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone understand, can confirm that it has been mentioned somewhere that may be referenced, if the MLS/Apple Season Pass will continue to be available each season/year on re-registration with a MLS SSH renewal for the foreseeable future? Or was this offer a one time introductory perk? I got/had AppleTV+ for Ted Lasso, also enjoyed MITHC and For All Mankind, yet thought it had lapsed/expired; now not so sure. Seems with this offer I am able to access AppleTV+ programming again. Has anyone else experienced same; access? Recently binged Slow Horses; highly recommend for those who enjoyed Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Also giggled/smirked a lot watching Shrinking. FYI, Ted Lasso season three- final season(?) debuts this week; 15MAR23!
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-11-2023 at 07:25 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Does anyone understand, can confirm that it has been mentioned somewhere that may be referenced, if the MLS/Apple Season Pass will continue to be available each season/year on re-registration with a MLS SSH renewal for the foreseeable future? Or was this offer a one time introductory perk? I got/had AppleTV+ for Ted Lasso, also enjoyed MITHC and For All Mankind, yet thought it had lapsed/expired; now not so sure. Seems with this offer I am able to access AppleTV+ programming again. Has anyone else experienced same; access? Recently binged Slow Horses; highly recommend for those who enjoyed Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Also giggled/smirked a lot watching Shrinking. FYI, Ted Lasso season three- final season(?) debuts this week; 15MAR23!
    I have only seen them reference that it is included this year but I bet it will continue for next season. I noticed the subscription currently expires Feb 1st 2024. For me Apple TV+ did not get resumed (I was a previous subscriber) with the Season Pass addition.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So for some reason, Apple thought the best commentator out there to put together with Taylor Twellman was the "what do you mean, there is another guy in the booth" play by play guy Portland had. Apparently he won Emmys.

Its not going well. Twellman needs to banter with somebody - its annoying but the banter brings out Twellman's humanness, which is his best quality as a colour guy. Jake Zivin is hyperbolic & scripted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So for some reason, Apple thought the best commentator out there to put together with Taylor Twellman was the "what do you mean, there is another guy in the booth" play by play guy Portland had. Apparently he won Emmys.

It’s not going well. Twellman needs to banter with somebody - it’s annoying but the banter brings out Twellman's humanness, which is his best quality as a colour guy. Jake Zivin is hyperbolic & scripted.
    The “I am outraged / indignant about everything/ yell talk” thing is really annoying. Perhaps Twellman is less the first two and more so in need of a hearing aid and needs to turn down the histrionics.

But I still it to be a type of media persona that is annoying / trying to grate on your nerves. I’m not going to be outraged about everything just cause talking head is.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night's match vs Columbus was ok. I'm not a fan of the the commentary guys voice but his call wasn't bad. He just sounds like every impression of a white guy I've ever heard.

I had an issue with the English Commentary function being inFrench for the first 10 - 20 mins but I just put on the Home team radio commentary function and got Gareth Wheeler for a while.

Then THAT crapped out so I had to go back to the original Apple English commentary.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I registered today pretty seamlessly.. although, I've come to realize I can only access the MLS Season Pass via the app on my MacBook. That is, on my iPhone, the app works but shows "no results" for MLS Season Pass ?!

My initial guess is you can add the promotional service on one device only ?!

Based on my reading over this thread though, that doesn't appear to be accurate and instead there's something I've missed !?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting pretty frustrated with apple tv. Back to back weekends, and I cannot watch the TFC game after the match is over. I keep getting a "video not available" message telling me to check my internet connection. Any other game is available. Such BS.

Is this happening to anybody else???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I have only seen them reference that it is included this year but I bet it will continue for next season. I noticed the subscription currently expires Feb 1st 2024. For me Apple TV+ did not get resumed (I was a previous subscriber) with the Season Pass addition.
    That is weird. I was sure we- the fam- declined continuing that subscription. Maybe we are lucky; reports are all sorts of glitches happening. Still, will review my banking-billings.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-12-2023 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what happened with Wheeler, (disappeared at around 13mins) but he came back without a hitch for the 2nd half.
    Stadium noise was MUCH better with the Apple guys Vs. Wheeler (sounded like he was in a room), but the Apple guys were dreadful (as usual)

Disappointed at the lack of "Wheels up" though. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Where did you find Family Sharing in the Settings? I'm not seeing anything like that.
    Perhaps you have the same problem I do. I have the AppleTV app on Firestick. But the sharing settings are not in the app. And if you don't have an apple device (like me), you cannot access the Family Sharing settings at all. It can only be accessed using an apple device. Very frustrating to learn this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Important information about how to watch full games & remove spoilers

https://worldsoccertalk.com/tv/mls-s...ST-421428.html

How to find full-game replays of games in MLS Season Pass

1. Go to Apple TV app
    2. Select MLS Season Pass
    3. Find the game you want to watch on replay
    4. Click the ‘Go to Game’ button
    5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you get to ‘How to Watch’
    6. Press and hold the ‘MLS Season Pass’ button under ‘How to watch’ to see the different versions available, including the full 90 minutes

MLS Season Pass offers different options for replays such as a 7-minute recap, the full 90 minutes, as well as a full 90 minutes in Spanish-language.
    &

How to remove spoilers

1. Go to ‘Settings’ on your Apple device
    2. Click on ‘Apps’
    3. Scroll down until you see ‘App Settings,’ and then click on ‘TV’
    4. You’ll see an option for ‘Show Sports Scores,’ which you can then select to switch on or off

However, we’ve heard from several readers who are unable to turn off spoilers within a web browser because they don’t have an Apple device. For instance, they may be Android users.
    Unfortunately, we have been unable to find a way for Android users to adjust the ‘Show Sports Scores’ settings. The default setting is to show the spoilers. It’s another example of how Android users are feeling left out in the cold when it comes to MLS Season Pass.
    We even tried going into the Apple TV settings on a Roku device to turn off ‘Show Sports Scores’ to see if those settings would carry over to a different device. But unfortunately, they do not. If anyone can find a solution for Android users, please let us know in the comments section below.
    It doesn’t appear that you can change the ‘Show Sports Scores’ settings in the MacOS app either.
    Going to be VERY important for many of us next week as the game starts at 10:38 pm Eastern.

Also important for our many overseas supporters
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-19-2023 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worth nohing, for lots of people that 'show scores' setting turned off does next to nothing. It seems to remove some spoilers, but the first thing you see when you open the app is a gigantic score of some game and that banner will auto scroll and eventually spoil every single game in progress or that just happened. Very annoying.

You need to basically learn how to use the app blind so you can navigate to the game you want without spoilers. It can be done (If the game has already happened, close your eyes and scroll all the way to the bottom of the home screen, you'll have the option to get into it there with no spoilers - do not open your eyes at any point until you get to the bottom as you will pass all manner of spoilers on the way. If the game is happening, close your eyes and scroll one line down and you can join the in progress game with no spoilers)

Absurd UX decision to ever lead with spoilers, but once you know you can make it work

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of curious things happening on the 360 stream last night.

They let Kyle start to lead out & lead in some segments - she's quite good compared to the hockey dude they have on there. That apparently was the intention all along as Kyle was hired as a host but the first few weeks hockey dude was the fulcrum. Last night..not so much.

Hockey dude tried to make a reference to the Mens NCAA BB tournament - the 3 soccer people on the panel were like "uh, Ok you do you dude". with Kyle actually saying cheerfully "I don't watch basketball"

Hockey dude is struggling with the vibe - he's been doing hockey before & afters for so long he doesn't quite get the soccer thing (he played in high school so he's not a complete puck head).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My latest bitch about this Apple TV deal ...

So I'm down at the game last night and my phone rings. It's my 86 year old dad. He's asking what channel the game is on. I explain to him that it isn't on a "channel" anymore. It's on the AppleTV streaming service and he asks "so how do I get that on?" My dad's a guy that's been watching TFC games since day one. Like a lot of seniors, he has trouble navigating different "sources" on his smart tv. He gets lost so even though I've hooked him up with one of the "family licenses" for the MLS package and it works fine on his tv since there's an AppleTV app installed on the tv ... there's NO WAY he's going to be able to watch any of the games unless there's somebody up at his house with him because even if he got into it, he'd get lost trying to get back to normal cable service when the game finishes. He didn't grow up with smart TV's and multiple video sources so he gets confused. Problem is that when you've got a season ticket, you aren't available to watch the game on AppleTv with him

I guess there's a silver lining in the story though. At least MLS was stupid enough to schedule the games at 7:30 on a saturday night in March when it's freezing out but thankfully the Leaf game was on at the same time so he could watch that instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worth nohing, for lots of people that 'show scores' setting turned off does next to nothing. It seems to remove some spoilers, but the first thing you see when you open the app is a gigantic score of some game and that banner will auto scroll and eventually spoil every single game in progress or that just happened. Very annoying.

You need to basically learn how to use the app blind so you can navigate to the game you want without spoilers. It can be done (If the game has already happened, close your eyes and scroll all the way to the bottom of the home screen, you'll have the option to get into it there with no spoilers - do not open your eyes at any point until you get to the bottom as you will pass all manner of spoilers on the way. If the game is happening, close your eyes and scroll one line down and you can join the in progress game with no spoilers)

Absurd UX decision to ever lead with spoilers, but once you know you can make it work
    Yeah, and they've had so long to fix it now. I don't understand what they're doing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I totally feel for you Buddies. It's pretty deflating to now be in this scenario when the game is going on and you can't really discuss it with anyone who isn't a true hardcore fan. We went to the game last weekend and stayed with family who absolutely love TFC and have watched the majority of their games but now that it's on another streaming service and they are older they are not going to subscribe just to watch TFC even if they do love them that much. Then you can't discuss anything that happens with them afterwards which is just annoying. Love that I have this forum to come on and talk to but everyone on here is the hardcore fan for the most part, can't have those casual conversations with someone anymore saying did you catch the game on tv..(oh right you didn't) Anyways..

The other thing I noticed I was trying to scroll through my phone after someone on here said to check out the Almada goal. I've noticed while trying to play clips on the browser through my phone (non apple) it doesn't want to play those clips, quite frustrating. I went back through on the smart tv and was able to watch them. But the phone wont play them, not sure why?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    My latest bitch about this Apple TV deal ...

So I'm down at the game last night and my phone rings. It's my 86 year old dad. He's asking what channel the game is on. I explain to him that it isn't on a "channel" anymore. It's on the AppleTV streaming service and he asks "so how do I get that on?" My dad's a guy that's been watching TFC games since day one. Like a lot of seniors, he has trouble navigating different "sources" on his smart tv. He gets lost so even though I've hooked him up with one of the "family licenses" for the MLS package and it works fine on his tv since there's an AppleTV app installed on the tv ... there's NO WAY he's going to be able to watch any of the games unless there's somebody up at his house with him because even if he got into it, he'd get lost trying to get back to normal cable service when the game finishes. He didn't grow up with smart TV's and multiple video sources so he gets confused. Problem is that when you've got a season ticket, you aren't available to watch the game on AppleTv with him

I guess there's a silver lining in the story though. At least MLS was stupid enough to schedule the games at 7:30 on a saturday night in March when it's freezing out but thankfully the Leaf game was on at the same time so he could watch that instead.
    So I was trying to set up my father-in-law over the phone to get the game. I was thinking it will be easy enough. Have him set up an Apple ID with his email, I add him to my family and he can log into the app on his Rogers Ignite box and watch the game. Holy hell was it not that easy at all. He is also not technical at all like you said having not grown up in the era of anything but cable. I spent a ton of time trying to walk him through setting up an Apple ID and he just couldn't get it done. The whole verification process with getting a a code in the email and then putting it in the app, etc. We went round and round so I said let's go to my plan B and I will use another email I have to create an Apple ID for him just to use for this. All I have to do is set it up myself and then he can just log in. Easy peasy right? Not really. I had no verification issues like he did but then I couldn't get him added to my family because the new Apple ID had to have iTunes account? WTF. I had to break out my laptop and log into iTunes then log off so it had iTunes access. Imagine my senior father in law, who just wanted to watch on the Apple TV app on his Rogers box, have to figure out what iTunes is if he was all by himself. So people actually have to install iTunes on a PC/Laptop just to have an Apple ID available to watch the Apple TV app? I am glad I took it over that night. Walking him through all that would have been terrible especially because it was enough of a pain for me who knows this stuff pretty well. It worked fine for him after I set it all up. Just way more complicated than it needed to be. Still teaching him how to find the game every Saturday too like you said. Good times....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Apple should have done, I understand why they didn't, is to have the MLS Season Pass as a standalone app like DAZN used to be. No movie/tv part to navigate by to get to the main screen. Like I would rather have that and let them do commercials during their broadcasts to promote their own shows like Pluto TV does. Older folks could follow that easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My particular annoyance with it is that my family share is with my wife's mother and family, mostly to share photos of our kids, and none of them will ever watch MLS. My brother is the one person who would actually use it, and can't because he's in his own family share. I wish there was a password to share it, like I do with my brother and Fubo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    My particular annoyance with it is that my family share is with my wife's mother and family, mostly to share photos of our kids, and none of them will ever watch MLS. My brother is the one person who would actually use it, and can't because he's in his own family share. I wish there was a password to share it, like I do with my brother and Fubo.
    Have you ever tested whether your brother and you can be signed in with your Apple account at the same time and watching MLS content at the same time? I have never tried it myself since I managed to get everyone in my family group their own Apple ID's that weren't linked to any other family group but just wondering since it might work out in your case. Would be worth testing out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, good question. I'll look into that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that works. Account holder has to okay it on first log in