Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Apple Season Pass discussion

Hi,
    Is anyone else having problems with this?
    I received an e-mail to accept my pass subscription.
    Sometimes I get in, but it wants me to pay for content.
    Other times a gift code comes up and them it says 'Cannot redeem code. Needs macOS 13.1 or later.'
    MLSE don't respond to my request for help.
    Can anyone help me??
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have an iPhone? I had the same thing but I just needed to update my iOS software to the latest version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a general warning to anyone subscribing, Apple+ in a Windows browser does not video definition adjustment and is not updated often. Its performance is temperamental and has been for years.

You have to use either the Android App or the ipHone app to lock in better-than-480p video, probably a hedge to drive people towards buying systems with an apple OS on them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear that John. Wish I could help but my experience was fairly seamless. I clicked the button to accept the pass in the email and then it had me login with my Apple ID that I wanted to attach it to which I did and now I have access. I added my parents' Apple ID to my family sharing and now they have access on their TV. We use the Apple TV app through Rogers Ignite, Fire TV sticks and an Android streaming box so I don't have much experience with logging in through the web or issues with playback there at all. Going through this process was probably the first time I ever logged onto the web for Apple TV actually. I would think MLSE would be pretty useless for support even if you could get a hold of them but who knows. I would try Apple TV+ support if you haven't already and see if they have any ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvistheEvilScotsman View Post
    Do you have an iPhone? I had the same thing but I just needed to update my iOS software to the latest version.
    I tried on my desktop and it said I needed IOS 13.1, and then I tried on my i-phone and it said I needed 16.2!! I'll have to work out how to update my software (presumably it's free).
    Once i can get registered then I will watch on Rogers Ignite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Sorry to hear that John. Wish I could help but my experience was fairly seamless. I clicked the button to accept the pass in the email and then it had me login with my Apple ID that I wanted to attach it to which I did and now I have access. I added my parents' Apple ID to my family sharing and now they have access on their TV. We use the Apple TV app through Rogers Ignite, Fire TV sticks and an Android streaming box so I don't have much experience with logging in through the web or issues with playback there at all. Going through this process was probably the first time I ever logged onto the web for Apple TV actually. I would think MLSE would be pretty useless for support even if you could get a hold of them but who knows. I would try Apple TV+ support if you haven't already and see if they have any ideas.
    Thanks. I will try Apple TV support.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    I tried on my desktop and it said I needed IOS 13.1, and then I tried on my i-phone and it said I needed 16.2!! I'll have to work out how to update my software (presumably it's free).
    Once i can get registered then I will watch on Rogers Ignite.
    If it is just Apple iOS/MacOS software levels holding you back it is free to update. Apple support can also help you with that as well but I added basically how to do it below.

iPhone - Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
    Mac - Go to the Apple menu, Click About This Mac, then click Software Update in the window that opens, select the Software Update option, check for available macOS updates.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it went seamless for me too, have the Apple TV app on my smart tv. Quick question about the Family Share, did it ask for the pass word of the other persons Apple ID that you were adding? Want to add my brother. Already in a family share group with my parents.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Yeah it went seamless for me too, have the Apple TV app on my smart tv. Quick question about the Family Share, did it ask for the pass word of the other persons Apple ID that you were adding? Want to add my brother. Already in a family share group with my parents.
    I did it on my iPhone. You go into Family Sharing in the Settings and then top right corner there is an icon to add someone to your family group. Follow the prompts to add and it sends them an invite to their Apple ID (for me I used the text message option) which they then can accept and they can manage what they share and you can manage what you share. Be sure to share the subscriptions because that is where the MLS Season Pass is. You don't have to know the Apple password for any other ID.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any one else having issues? i tried different browser, different laptops, incognito and regular browsing.

still the same issue - this is starting to get frustrating lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did it on my iPhone. You go into Family Sharing in the Settings and then top right corner there is an icon to add someone to your family group. Follow the prompts to add and it sends them an invite to their Apple ID (for me I used the text message option) which they then can accept and they can manage what they share and you can manage what you share. Be sure to share the subscriptions because that is where the MLS Season Pass is. You don't have to know the Apple password for any other ID.
    Where did you find Family Sharing in the Settings? I'm not seeing anything like that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Where did you find Family Sharing in the Settings? I'm not seeing anything like that.
    Go into Settings, then click your name (Apple ID) at the top, then look part way down the screen that comes up to find Family Sharing options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an FYI for anyone who is trying to set up access on a Chromebook type device (I have an older Google Pixelbook), when I tried to redeem my pass using my Chrome browser, I was taken to the Appletv+ website but ultimately, after a period of "the scrolling wheel of doom", I was faced with an inactive page and no code or confirmation.

I decided to contact Apple support and requested a phone call and I received one very promptly. The initial support person was not able to digest the situation at all but soon passed me to her supervisor, John, with whom I had a lengthy and engaged discussion. He ultimately suggested trying to access under another browser, which took some time but I went with Safari and had to reload everything. Initial good news was that the redemption went through but when I tried to access content, it was completely unwatchable (pixelated). I was getting frustrated but then thought, maybe now that I'm "in", I will go back to Chrome browser and try the AppleTV access there. It worked!

Just my own experience but the Apple guy seemed pleased that we had worked through the issue together and he had gained some potentially valuable insight for future consultations. Never been an Apple guy but it was a good experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn’t sure if the right thread for this so thought I’d ask… thought I signed up for a seasons pass last week. Double check my profile, and it seems like it never registered or showed up on my credit card. Find the login a bit clunky as well (almost have to root around for MLS once you sign into Apple TV).

Am I just a Luddite incapable of adapting or is anyone else in this boat?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Wasn’t sure if the right thread for this so thought I’d ask… thought I signed up for a seasons pass last week. Double check my profile, and it seems like it never registered or showed up on my credit card. Find the login a bit clunky as well (almost have to root around for MLS once you sign into Apple TV).

Am I just a Luddite incapable of adapting or is anyone else in this boat?

wasnt user friendly on non apply platforms.

I gave up after trying to watch the first pre season game. seems like they changed stuff on their back end- before i was required to download apple tv/music to login before having access- I tried last week and logged in on my phone browsers and it loaded differently -saying my browser wasnt compatible - then i logged in on my smart tv via the apple tv app and it worked seemless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^thanks!

Ironically I have a surplus of apple devices but the one thing I don’t have is the Apple TV box or smart tv (I use chrome cast).

Might sprint for a Roku or something with better stream quality. When I cast from chrome on my MAC the video quality sometimes lowers a fair amount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^thanks!

Ironically I have a surplus of apple devices but the one thing I don’t have is the Apple TV box or smart tv (I use chrome cast).

Might sprint for a Roku or something with better stream quality. When I cast from chrome on my MAC the video quality sometimes lowers a fair amount.
    The new Chroemcast (Which is kind of sort of not really a Chromecast confusingly and more a traditional smart TV device) aka 'Chromecast with Google TV' is a pretty great, cheap device with a native apple TV app. You don't have to actually chromecast anything, it has a remote and you can use the app directly on the device itself, and it works very well with this package plus all your normal apps. Think it can be gotten for like $40 these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Awesome! I’ll give that a shot!

Thanks for the tip!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those wondering about the additional audio options:

Mods perhaps we can rename this thread to something more general re: Apple TV Season Pass to capture all help/how tos in one spot for folks to reference?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^thanks!

Also works on a gaming console if you have one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After purchasing the seasons pass, I assumed i could watch games already completed. I'm wrong I guess? What a waste of $ since i can't watch live games. Am i missing something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCDP View Post
    After purchasing the seasons pass, I assumed i could watch games already completed. I'm wrong I guess? What a waste of $ since i can't watch live games. Am i missing something?
    You have to open the game you want to watch and you'll see what looks like only a recap option. Instead of clicking that, scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see an MLS season pass icon. Long press on that and you have the option to watch the full game if you want.

Why they do it that way, and why they act like they're being paid on commission for every spoiler they put on there, I've no idea but yeah it's all there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much for the reply. Very strange how you have to navigate. Got home late and all I wanted to do was watch this game. Thought i read somewhere that you can turn spoilers off as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On an AppleTV, you can go to TorontoFC page (located in MLS Season Pass page). At the bottom are all previous games (currently 2 available). Also, on an AppleTV, score spoilers can be turned off in the main Settings application.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    On an AppleTV, you can go to TorontoFC page (located in MLS Season Pass page). At the bottom are all previous games (currently 2 available). Also, on an AppleTV, score spoilers can be turned off in the main Settings application.
    Does that actually work for you? Just simply doesn't work for me. Literally the first thing I see when I open the app is an auto scrolling selection of spoilers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Does that actually work for you? Just simply doesn't work for me. Literally the first thing I see when I open the app is an auto scrolling selection of spoilers
    Each device (phone, AppleTV, iPad) seems to need a separate log into the settings app and turn off Sports scores. Once that is done, you may need to refresh (or log out of the app, then back in again) to have scores disappear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Each device (phone, AppleTV, iPad) seems to need a separate log into the settings app and turn off Sports scores. Once that is done, you may need to refresh (or log out of the app, then back in again) to have scores disappear.
    I've done all that. Turned scores off on the app two weeks ago. Simply does not work for me. Does it work for you? When you log in the initial banner you see contains no scores or spoilers?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done all that. Turned scores off on the app two weeks ago. Simply does not work for me. Does it work for you? When you log in the initial banner you see contains no scores or spoilers?
    So on the website when I log in and go to settings I don't see an option to turn off spoilers and I still see them on the top corner of past matches played. However I mostly watch the games in progress on my smart TV from the app and not off the web browser. On the TV it allowed me to go into settings and turn off spoilers and I mostly don't see any when watching from there. Maybe there is a difference between the app and the web browser causing this issue?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    So on the website when I log in and go to settings I don't see an option to turn off spoilers and I still see them on the top corner of past matches played. However I mostly watch the games in progress on my smart TV from the app and not off the web browser. On the TV it allowed me to go into settings and turn off spoilers and I mostly don't see any when watching from there. Maybe there is a difference between the app and the web browser causing this issue?
    Damn. I have the Android app on google TV. I had hoped this issue was everywhere but if it's only on android I'm fucked, Apple will never prioritize fixing it. Very frustrating.

I also can't imagine why *anyone* thought spoilers on was a good idea, anywhere. Who wants spoilers? It's not even a sports thing, Apple won't throw Severance season 2 spoilers all over the app when that airs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It works for me, no spoilers in the banner (but only after I turned it off AND refreshed).