Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Wow, I’m surprised, I didn’t think they would allow a final at a small venue. Great news for supporters!
    Agreed, I think the CPL pushed for it. I watched the draw live, most likely final will be the Whitecaps in BC place vs whoever wins on the 9th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MDH View Post
    Not this year, they did a full draw and if PFC make the final it's at our park. We drew homemgames every round, the perfect draw for us.
    That’s cool. Great for supporters and atmosphere! And a very long distance road match for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MDH View Post
    Agreed, I think the CPL pushed for it. I watched the draw live, most likely final will be the Whitecaps in BC place vs whoever wins on the 9th.
    What I'm banking on since TFC for some stupid reason isn't playing in Vancouver this year. Actually doesn't seem to many E/W matchups.
    While I'm hoping to make it back to BMO to watch at least one match, I'm disappointed that there isn't isn't a match here out west.

Stupid Apple deal...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    What I'm banking on since TFC for some stupid reason isn't playing in Vancouver this year. Actually doesn't seem to many E/W matchups.
    While I'm hoping to make it back to BMO to watch at least one match, I'm disappointed that there isn't isn't a match here out west.

Stupid Apple deal...
    Yeah, too many teams in MLS. The schedule is so unbalanced and to not play some of them at all one season and maybe to play them once the next feels random. Two vast countries - seems it should be a MLB two table model. The Canadian Championship at least gives a good chance of a whitecaps tfc matchup with high stakes.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    More like crushing embarrassment for the CPL. A team of mostly amateurs just beat an allegedly full professional team.

If anything is a clear indicator of how undercooked, undersold and underfunded that league is, this is it.
    Ok man. You're in the thread to celebrate all levels in Canadian footy. Let's add that you'd love to see the league infused with investment to get to the level where the above couldn't happen. Right?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Yeah, too many teams in MLS. The schedule is so unbalanced and to not play some of them at all one season and maybe to play them once the next feels random. Two vast countries - seems it should be a MLB two table model. The Canadian Championship at least gives a good chance of a whitecaps tfc matchup with high stakes.
    I wouldn't go that far, but do think each team should ideally at least do a home/away match.
    I'll give the league the benefit of the doubt and think that perhaps losing a month for the Liga MX tournament didn't let them do that, but having virtually no mid-week games certainly didn't help either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the audio from the post game press conference 51 minutes! of the Canadian Championship QF between York United FC and Vancouver Whitecaps played May 10/23. Austin Ricci and Martin Nash and Vanni Sartini and Simon Becher. http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront.../23york061.htm