• Just show me the results

3 7.89%
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's your three year dream?

If you could only pick one thing for TFC to have over the next three years, what would it be? Win the MLS Cup and the Supporters Shield again? Win the CCL and play in the Club World Cup? Or be a top three team and BMO Field have safe standing?
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-30-2023 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd trade any success for safe standing personally. Not sure why Manning keeps teasing it and then not acting on it but it's very frustrating

Otherwise be a contending team consistently and packing bmo field heading into the world cup. That'll be a unique moment in time to really capture a whole lot of people and make Tfc a hot ticket again, which will only push us and the league on

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I would like to see us win the first Inter League Cup. See a few Mexican teams in July, when they are in their pre-season. And of course CCL and club World Cup, assuming we now can qualify by winning the MLS Cup... so essentially, everything.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 01-30-2023 at 12:28 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really contending every year for everything they play for, and hopefully winning some hardware along the way, but at bare minimum....contending. No more bottom of the league table. No more having to score multiple goals to outscore our bad defense to try to get a point out of a game. And finishing above Montreal in every category.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Really contending every year for everything they play for, and hopefully winning some hardware along the way, but at bare minimum....contending. No more bottom of the league table. No more having to score multiple goals to outscore our bad defense to try to get a point out of a game. And finishing above Montreal in every category.
    Yep, have to agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It pains me that Seattle was the club to make it to the CWC first, I want more trophies than the sounders so CCL and CWC or bust

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A poll that does not have Bacon as an option is not a real poll....so I voted for just show me the results

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After Seattle won the CCL it's lost a bit of it's lustre for me so I went with the Cup & Shield but I think it should have the VC included. I like the sound of double treble winners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to see TFC *win* the Club World Cup. That may take another 30 years, but I can dream, can't I?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to see the team keep a clean sheet. Those have been so rare the last couple years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As beautiful football as possible.

For me, lucky enough to live ten mins walk from the stadium, the Champions League matches have been the most fun to watch. But it seems a death sentence to go deep in that league for an MLS team. Once the salary cap is much higher, or off, and real roster depth is possible then I’d say the Champions League is the dream. But it sucks to have to forfeit the next season because of that success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Third to Kamp Berg to Joe Kool. Essentially, 'I Want It All And I Want It Now!'. So?... Just show me the results?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-31-2023 at 10:53 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    After Seattle won the CCL it's lost a bit of it's lustre for me so I went with the Cup & Shield but I think it should have the VC included. I like the sound of double treble winners.
    Does the UCL lose it's lustre for Liverpool fans if Man United wins it? Sure it's an English Club and such a win benefits English football as a whole, but I think most Liverpool fans would want Liverpool to win the following year.

TFC hasn't won the CCL yet, so that's my priority.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Does the UCL lose it's lustre for Liverpool fans if Man United wins it? Sure it's an English Club and such a win benefits English football as a whole, but I think most Liverpool fans would want Liverpool to win the following year.

TFC hasn't won the CCL yet, so that's my priority.
    I really wanted us to be the first to do it. That for me made it more special.

Of course I still want to win the CCL but I also enjoy the anger that TFC can cause in MLS & USMNT group circles and winning another treble would bring me joy from their pain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I really wanted us to be the first to do it. That for me made it more special.

Of course I still want to win the CCL but I also enjoy the anger that TFC can cause in MLS & USMNT group circles and winning another treble would bring me joy from their pain.
    Can be the first MLS team to win the Leagues Cup. Which if you read between the lines, MLS and Liga MX would like to over throw the CCL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the desire to have been first with regards to the CCL. However, I am convinced Seattle is getting booted from the CWC in their first game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    I understand the desire to have been first with regards to the CCL. However, I am convinced Seattle is getting booted from the CWC in their first game.
    I will be rooting for the Sounders. An MLS team doing well in the CWC helps TFC as well as MLS. The more the leagues reputation grows, the more players will want to come and the less the diehard Man U fans from Oklahoma can say "LOL MLS sucks".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That may be true, but specifically their reputation will grow the most. Frankly, I hope they get embarassed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That may be true, but specifically their reputation will grow the most. Frankly, I hope they get embarassed.
    Their reputation is tied to ours. Who do outsiders see as the top clubs in MLS? I would argue it is Seattle, LAFC, Galaxy, Atlanta and TFC. If Seattle gets skull fucked by Real Madrid, it does more for our league than if the Sounders get blown out in their first match against some Egyptian team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Egyptian team? Is this your first time paying attention to the CWC? Al Ahly is the most successful club in the continent of Africa, they are in mid-season form, and they're playing in North Africa. A loss should be expected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Egyptian team? Is this your first time paying attention to the CWC? Al Ahly is the most successful club in the continent of Africa, they are in mid-season form, and they're playing in North Africa. A loss should be expected.
    IIRC, several third place finishes in CWC competitions over the years; last twenty?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH - the champions league for me was another level- atmosphere and competition wise. I can only place maybe two home games that were more intense or equal which were the
    2016 Conference Final 2 leg vs Mtl
    2017 Final VS Seattle.

for me would be Champions league- winning in mexico and club world cup- any exposure outside North America as well as quality of competition is what I want.

I want to see how the team stacks up vs the world. kind of like canada- playing croatia and learning theres levels to the game and they could level up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Al Ahly are probably the biggest club in Africa. I did not mean to make them sound insignificant. I just dislike the idea of trying to put down what is the model franchise in MLS. You can be bitter about it, but Seattle is representing MLS and as such, TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My boss makes me watch the Egyptian league at work and I've watched more than I wanted since 2018. The league is shit. Garbage. The fact that they dominated Africa is more of an indictment of Africa than a bonus for them.

They have season form & the climate on their side, that's it. Without that, they're Chivas USA 2009.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle and Al Ahly are tied 0-0 at the the half. The preseason Sounders are outplaying Al Ahly by a good stretch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Seattle and Al Ahly are tied 0-0 at the the half. The preseason Sounders are outplaying Al Ahly by a good stretch.
    Al Ahly were better in the second half but Seattle should still have beaten that team handily.

MLS has technical and tactical issues, but our teams seem to also lack passion at key moments.

Seattle outshot them 8-0 in the first half, then got outshot 7-4 in the second. But AA's only shot ON net was a crossbar in the second half. I mean, for large period of the first half, they couldn't get the ball off Seattle.

Really should've beaten that team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic problem of being out of form.

Not just the layoff. What was Seattle's last game that mattered? They were out of the playoffs with four weeks to go.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw Al Hilal got through today (they were big underdogs). They have the core of the Saudi team that beat Argentina.

Domestic footballers in Saudi Arabia are becoming very good. They are beating long odds, they are maybe the most inspiring story in world football right now.

They play Flamengo Tuesday in the other semi.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”