Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USL has struck a deal with CBS to show games. Huge for them, and for the sport in America.

MLS should get its act in gear and work with them, but won't, of course.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    USL has struck a deal with CBS to show games. Huge for them, and for the sport in America.

MLS should get its act in gear and work with them, but won't, of course.
    On one of CBS' legit networks or one of their obscure online things like CBS Golazo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    On one of CBS' legit networks or one of their obscure online things like CBS Golazo?
    Both, and on their Paramount+ streaming service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CBS has the rights to a bunch of soccer properties… UCL, UEL, UECL, Serie A, Brazil, Argentina, Scotland, Women’s soccer and Concacaf. Lots of options there for a footy fan.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Yeah he's out. Crazy Joey strikes again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he's out. Crazy Joey strikes again.
    Joey is nuts. However, half the locker room was up in arms after the season and basically openly protesting the coach.

But he did over achieve with that group and successfully brought through a few young players. I thought they would be dead last heading into this season. Surprised they got as much out of this team as they did.

I hope they hire Smyrniotis and then the CSA can’t do anything stupid with the MNT opening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I hope they hire Smyrniotis and then the CSA can’t do anything stupid with the MNT opening.
    I don't think he's stupid enough to take that gig and Joey is too cheap to pay him something he couldn't refuse and be paid out for when he gets sacked next summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he's stupid enough to take that gig and Joey is too cheap to pay him something he couldn't refuse and be paid out for when he gets sacked next summer.
    That’s fair, it’s a risky gig. But, his marketability is rather limited unless he wants to take USL jobs or assistant roles with bigger clubs. A Canadian MLS head coaching job is his ceiling right now.US teams aren’t going to give as much weight to his CSL experience.

He might just decide he’s the big fish in the small pond with lots of influence and stay where he is. I wouldn’t begrudge him for that. Many a US college coach has done the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless I've got his start date wrong (early July), Bradley's record at Stabaek is 2-9-3, by the way.

He finally had back to back wins in October after seven straight defeats to start his tenure there.

Have to expect he won't last long if that keeps up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Been following. IIUC, middle of September, so BBradley’s Stabaek stats are 2W-3D-3L with 3 matches to go; including tomorrow’s. The club is within the Eliteserien’s ‘playoff’ relegation zone not just by points…tied… but also by differential; it’s close, down to the wire. We shall see if he survives if they get relegated, though from management’s body language interactions in the several introduction to the club videos involving both the Sr. And Jr. Bradleys, I do not get the feeling that Bob’s job would be in jeopardy if Stabaek does get relegated.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-11-2023 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    ^
    Been following. IIUC, middle of September, so BBradley’s Stabaek stats are 2W-3D-3L with 3 matches to go; including tomorrow’s. The club is within the Eliteserien’s ‘playoff’ relegation zone not just by points…tied… but also by differential; it’s close, down to the wire. We shall see if he survives if they get relegated, though from management’s body language interactions in the several introduction to the club videos involving both the Sr. And Jr. Bradleys, I do not get the feeling that Bob’s job would be in jeopardy if Stabaek does get relegated.
    Two draws and two wins in the last four. Sounds like they have a good shot at staying up. Stabaek plays weaker clubs than Sandefjord in all three remaining matches and the two play each other once… at Stabaek’s grounds.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 11-11-2023 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    My bad, I forget he didn't go until August.

There was a story in their press yesterday saying he'd like to stay past 2023, so it sounds like there might be some debate, or alternately he's telling them he'll stay even if they get relegated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Two draws and two wins in the last four. Sounds like they have a good shot at staying up. Stabaek plays weaker clubs than Sandefjord in all three remaining matches and the two play each other once… at Stabaek’s grounds.
    They lost 4-0 to Bodo on Nov. 5, so a win, a loss and two draws in the last four.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They lost 4-0 to Bodo on Nov. 5, so a win, a loss and two draws in the last four.
    Another draw today… and Sandefjord beat Rosenborg, so they’ve fallen 2 points off the pace. Looks like they have to beat Sandefjord at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, some breaking news mentioned this evening on TTID Podcast by MSingh. Stated he likely will no longer be ‘covering’ TFC any longer; at least at the training grounds next year. Suggested, essentially he has not been doing so the past couple of months! Seems we’re now ‘down’ to the coverage of three… JMo, NDavidson and BDunlop/FootyPrime?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, some breaking news mentioned this evening on TTID Podcast by MSingh. Stated he likely will no longer be ‘covering’ TFC any longer; at least at the training grounds next year. Suggested, essentially he has not been doing so the past couple of months! Seems we’re now ‘down’ to the coverage of three… JMo, NDavidson and BDunlop/FootyPrime?
    Unless one of the cities two dailies gets someone on the TFC beat, we basically have John, Neil is in a different ship as he is with CP, he checks in on the team from time to time plus on game days in Toronto. Being with a wire service its kind of a different beats, it is not a day in, day out type of coverage. For instances the Star has not had a beat writer since Laura Armstrong's departure and the Sun since Beazer retired last April. It appears to simply not be a priority.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI, FWIW, interesting, re.: state of world football, MLS and TFC…

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI, FWIW, interesting, re.: state of world football, MLS and TFC…

If we gave players like Insigne & Bernardeschi free reign to run wherever they want, they'd run right down the tunnel and one guy would be walking his dog while going for coffee and the other lounging in Trinity Bellwoods taking glamour shots in his pajama looking suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we gave players like Insigne & Bernardeschi free reign to run wherever they want, they'd run right down the tunnel and one guy would be walking his dog while going for coffee and the other lounging in Trinity Bellwoods taking glamour shots in his pajama looking suit.
    Yeah. These guys are highly intelligent and tactical as opposed to free wheeling and enterprising. Their fit with MLS is like oil and water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's also going to be a free agent:

Gustavo Bou spoke to @RacingOnlineOK
    . His translated answer: “I renewed 2 years ago and now that contract ends in Dec. As of Dec 30, I am a free player and I don't know what will happen. "I haven't spoken to my representative and I don't have any offers for now." #NERevs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    He's also going to be a free agent:

Gustavo Bou spoke to @RacingOnlineOK
    . His translated answer: “I renewed 2 years ago and now that contract ends in Dec. As of Dec 30, I am a free player and I don't know what will happen. "I haven't spoken to my representative and I don't have any offers for now." #NERevs
    He's talented but his play is declining with age and he's a dirty fucker; likes to leave the boot in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's talented but his play is declining with age and he's a dirty fucker; likes to leave the boot in.
    He’s the one who broke Priso’s ankle. Happened on the play before he ran back to make the goal line clearance. Just took a minute (and more contact) for the break to carry through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they can hook him up with Ali Cutis. That would be great fun. Another brilliant American head coach and GM combo.

(We, by the way, if we discount that first Scot, hire only Americans as GMs… must be a Canadian thing.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That guy is going to somehow parlay this into a gig doing something at Arsenal in the next 5 years.

The guy is steeped in RedBull aspirational culture - even when he falls backwards, its ALWAYS into a place connected to a higher opportunity. (the exception being here)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it looks like the Rapids are going to ruin our chances at a Wooden Spoon streak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That guy is going to somehow parlay this into a gig doing something at Arsenal in the next 5 years.

The guy is steeped in RedBull aspirational culture - even when he falls backwards, its ALWAYS into a place connected to a higher opportunity. (the exception being here)
    Pretty wild, isn’t it?

He might accidentally end up being a good manager one day but holly god did teams have to suffer for it.

He’s like the Jayden Nelson of coaches, without the hint of potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they going to high press at altitude?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Pretty wild, isn’t it?

He might accidentally end up being a good manager one day but holly god did teams have to suffer for it.

He’s like the Jayden Nelson of coaches, without the hint of potential.
    I'm sure he learned a lot at Man United.