Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    Well of course he is all in on AppleTV - he is getting paid.
    Yeah he gets a cut. It's funny this is effectively your most base level influencer affiliate marketing, really, but it's still so good for the league. Apple TV and MLS front office have to be loving life right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, the Apple deal is his, everyones/MLS, Bread & Butter, to his IMCF agreement jam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, in relation to influencing power... IIRC, IMCF had close to 1M Insta Followers at the beginning of this year. They currently have over 12M! IIUC, they are now the 4th most followed American Sports Team; behind 3/Cleveland Cavaliers @15.7M, 2/LA Lakers @22.8M and 1/Golden State Warriors @30.6M.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I not normally one to quote Rollins but this is a decent synopsis of our current state. It also paints a picture of a management team that is massively struggling to get control of the situation.

Hate to say it but I don’t think we find our footing until there’s a full house cleaning at the top.

https://24thminute.substack.com/p/bu...down-the-house

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I not normally one to quote Rollins but this is a decent synopsis of our current state. It also paints a picture of a management team that is massively struggling to get control of the situation.

Hate to say it but I don’t think we find our footing until there’s a full house cleaning at the top.

https://24thminute.substack.com/p/bu...down-the-house
    Surprised that alleged Dunny screaming match hasn't made a bigger splash anywhere if true. Also doesn't really sound like Dunfield.

I suspect it was probably more blunt and curt than "screaming."

These players need blunt and curt.

For anyone disinclined, his basic contention is that the Italians need to go. I mean... it's not a new concept.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Surprised that alleged Dunny screaming match hasn't made a bigger splash anywhere if true. Also doesn't really sound like Dunfield.

I suspect it was probably more blunt and curt than "screaming."

These players need blunt and curt.

For anyone disinclined, his basic contention is that the Italians need to go. I mean... it's not a new concept.
    not a huge rollins fan but pretty spot on here.

i follow insigne on instagram, he used to consistently post TFC stuff (to the point where he was congratulating doneil henry on finding a new club).

been absolutely nothing the past few weeks. i feel like he's got one foot out the door and is they dont want to play him to not screw up any potential deal.

also, we 100% are worse with bernardeschi on the pitch. so he's right there too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Guzman worth listening to here:

https://www.tsn.ca/new-york-city-cru...988960?tsn-amp

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done De Guzman. Spoke from the heart and used his position to really attempt to influence. Massive respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Well done De Guzman. Spoke from the heart and used his position to really attempt to influence. Massive respect.
    I disagree. He should be calling out the players - and Dunfield for the absolutely horrendous performance they put out there. I too want to see a total cleanout on the management side but these last few games under Dunfield have been simply dreadful. This team has no soul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ This really all goes back to Manning’s ineptness. He let the team circle in the drain under Bob for too long, at this point it’s not saveable by Dunfield, Anceloitti, or anyone in between.

Only an off-season will allow the dust to settle and give a coach a fighting chance. But really, management needs to be cleansed the most to restore any credibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ This really all goes back to Manning’s ineptness. He let the team circle in the drain under Bob for too long, at this point it’s not saveable by Dunfield, Anceloitti, or anyone in between.

Only an off-season will allow the dust to settle and give a coach a fighting chance. But really, management needs to be cleansed the most to restore any credibility.
    It's not just that we signed so many wrong pieces, it's that so much of it seems mental, attitude related. There's been no examination of character and potential fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terry and the interim staff are all lame duck patsies now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not just that we signed so many wrong pieces, it's that so much of it seems mental, attitude related. There's been no examination of character and potential fit.
    This should also flow into the Academy process. Terry, like all others before him lauded the academy when he came in and talked about the great potential of this team... it's a complete farce. Time to start holding not just the first team but also the entire academy (couches, staff, players) accountable for the abysmal track record we have related to development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is extra shocking when we supposedly took the route of signing people based on personal networks / recommendations. You’d think we’d at least be able to filter that crap out even if the talent didn’t always work the way we expected.

I don’t know what Bill Manning’s true role in management of TFC has been over his tenure. It seems to be explained as 10 different things at 10 different times. But what I do know is any well run organization should have checks and balances. For Manning to even allow things like the Kaye trade or the Diomande signing through the door, just speaks to his ineptitude as an exec.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alex Bono with the shutout (with some good defensive help) for DC over Montreal, 1-0 last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    I agree for the most part, except we aren't last place yet on the continent. That honour goes to Messi's team.
    Haha, sorry. Fuck, we are awful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree for the most part, except we aren't last place yet on the continent. That honour goes to Messi's team.
    Haha, sorry. Fuck, we are awful.
    We're not last yet but we're the worst by far now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    We're not last yet but we're the worst by far now.
    I could not write that with a straight face. My god, we are awful. No goals in 7 games! No wins in 11! 3 wins from 24 matches. Has anyone ever heard of a team with this much cash being this fucking bad? It is astonishing, actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much is always about fit. Good players who can’t play under the manager they’re been signed to play under, who don’t fit the league and are DPs is huge to begin with. The detonation of the club and write-off season last year also twists context. This stuff - environment - is basic to the act of signing players. Otherwise it’s fantasy football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could not write that with a straight face. My god, we are awful. No goals in 7 games! No wins in 11! 3 wins from 24 matches. Has anyone ever heard of a team with this much cash being this fucking bad? It is astonishing, actually.
    Not to mention without a goal in 529 minutes. If not for Kerr's goal against New England it would be 682 minutes. With all due respect to Deandre Kerr, but when he is tied for team lead in goals this season.... you are fucked. The worst part about all of it, is there isn't even a sniff about hitting rock bottom yet. I honestly don't know if we will score again this season

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that bugged me about the DeGuzman bit

he actually defended the coaches.

So, yes, blame Manning

but gotta keep up supporting the "guys".

Pathetic in its own way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK if it's pathetic. More, to be expected. Didn't he himself state in that same segment that he knows all of them, has played with most of them: has relationships with them? Some sympathy for sources? BTW, I am not sure that is the most meaningful take away from his/that rant. For me, it is his very very explicit challenge, a call to action, euro-style, south-end unified, to the TFC SG's at the upcoming LC match against Atlas at BMOF to publicly address the matter with/against BM/MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Terry and the interim staff are all lame duck patsies now.
    Bless his heart. Dunfield keeps channelling his Captain Kirk inner self... 'I do not believe in the Kobayashi Maru's No-Win-Situation!'.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-28-2023 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    One thing that bugged me about the DeGuzman bit

he actually defended the coaches.

So, yes, blame Manning

but gotta keep up supporting the "guys".

Pathetic in its own way.
    Yeah, as much as it would never work, I’m starting to wish this club was run like Real Madrid or one of those South American clubs where the coaching position is a literal turnstile.

You want job security? Win, be the best. Second you stop, go find a new job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, as much as it would never work, I’m starting to wish this club was run like Real Madrid or one of those South American clubs where the coaching position is a literal turnstile.
    That only works when you have a solid team that loses it's desire and gets bored with hearing the same message over & over from managers. Here we have a total shit team so doing the turnstile approach would just be a repeat of 2007 to 2013.

I think our safest bet would be to find a president or overall showrunner for the club with a history of working with lower budgets and youth. Then hire a manager who is known for identifying & developing youth. Those two then appoint someone to overhaul the academy in their vision. Only aim for lower cost 'diamonds in the rough' DPs who would be young enough for a possible sell on. Quit trying to be glamorous and high spending because it's a proven failure. No quick fixes, no closing down a street to throw a party to appeal to a portion of our fanbase with some fancy old DP, & absolutely no targeting USMNT/CMNT players for marketing purposes. Targets should be good, young, intelligent, non-dickhead, pacey players who come from places where they should be able to adjust to MLS travel, weather, & conditions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That only works when you have a solid team that loses it's desire and gets bored with hearing the same message over & over from managers. Here we have a total shit team so doing the turnstile approach would just be a repeat of 2007 to 2013.

I think our safest bet would be to find a president or overall showrunner for the club with a history of working with lower budgets and youth. Then hire a manager who is known for identifying & developing youth. Those two then appoint someone to overhaul the academy in their vision. Only aim for lower cost 'diamonds in the rough' DPs who would be young enough for a possible sell on. Quit trying to be glamorous and high spending because it's a proven failure. No quick fixes, no closing down a street to throw a party to appeal to a portion of our fanbase with some fancy old DP, & absolutely no targeting USMNT/CMNT players for marketing purposes. Targets should be good, young, intelligent, non-dickhead, pacey players who come from places where they should be able to adjust to MLS travel, weather, & conditions.
    Yeah, I appreciate it’s impractical.

It’s more the spirit of “this club is for excellence and of you’re not achieving it this isn’t your place” that I like. I’m sick of people having grossly inflated allowances for failure and mediocrity. First it was Anselmi and Johnston, then Paye, and now we have to suffer through Mannimg and co. I don’t think any of these people were ever worthy of running this club to begin with let alone keeping their jobs for a long time.

Re: the spending… I don’t think the big budget spending is a failure as much as it won’t save you in isolation. Having a well rounded operation is more important.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-28-2023 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I appreciate it’s impractical.

It’s more the spirit of “this club is for excellence and of you’re not achieving it this isn’t your place” that I like. I’m sick of people having grossly inflated allowances for failure and mediocrity. First it was Anselmi and Johnston, then Paye, and now we have to suffer through Mannimg and co. I don’t think any of these people were ever worthy of running this club to begin with let alone keeping their jobs for a long time.
    You're right though but I think the way it should be approached it that the days of 5 year deals is over. Now it should be rolling 2 year deals. After 2 years if not where we are supposed to be based on the initial interviews and projections at that time then no renewal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right though but I think the way it should be approached it that the days of 5 year deals is over. Now it should be rolling 2 year deals. After 2 years if not where we are supposed to be based on the initial interviews and projections at that time then no renewal.
    I think we just have to full on commit to having an excellent and experienced hire running the ship as president and in other areas of operations.

With the exception of Leiweke (who was hired at the recommendation of a consultant, IIRC) MLSE looks like they basically call Garber and say “do you know anybody?” when they make these hires. Of course the people we are getting are mediocre, they’re just “available” or lazy referrals. You have to fight for real talent in this world, in any industry. You’ll be very lucky if it just lands in your lap.

If we set the right notes at the top: ie, hire great people and have proper governance / oversight, with our commitment to spending and fanbase we’ll easily be successful. Everything else is just background noise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE already has a employee who could lead this team and build a great foundation.

His name Masai Ujiri, and football is also a passion of his.

If I was him, I would build TFC to be the perennial contender it should have always been, and then move onto European football.

This guy right now should be CEO of MLSE anyway but Rogers and Bell got their heads up their asses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pacific FC's goalkeeping coach off to Brentford as their no 2 keeper coach.

We used to have a former Barca youth guy in our youth program, didn't we

Who's our keeper coach again?

https://northerntribune.ca/pacific-f...tiz-brentford/