Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I was planning to get the new kit this year after missing so many home games ghe last few years and not getting one. Think I’ll have to stick to my old Giovinco kit.
    Why can't they just do something classy for a fucking change? Deep scarlet red with white letters or something, with a high-rounded collar. An onyx or all-white home kit. Just classic and classy, not this aborted attempt. Three blind men examining an elephant could come up with a better fucking shirt design than this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a waste of having a legitimate superstar (or maybe even 2) whose kit people want to buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a waste of having a legitimate superstar (or maybe even 2) whose kit people want to buy.
    Agreed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were never going to give us Onyx for the away jersey because we couldn't play away against all the black jersey teams.

BUT....Onyx hoops with red trim & red sleeves?!?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So *that's* what happened to my bedroom wallpaper I put up in 1985...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing that would make this better if they brought long sleeves back with red sleeves… but that’s not going to happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post

please don't tell me this is true
    If this kit is true, we might have to embrace it fully if we win the Shield or MLS Cup in the next two seasons. And with the 24 on the back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inter Milan had something similar a couple of years back.

Add me to the “WTF” list. I don't understand it. We are the reds.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK. First impression... agree with the WTFs. Yeesh! Seeing a mock-up of the entire kit... maybe? Might work on the pitch? Mos def will not be buying that jersey. For now, I would support what was previously suggested by U&P... 'they should just repurpose the toddler jersey design for the adult kit'. I would even prefer a FC Bayern Toddler like version.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-19-2023 at 09:12 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    IDK. First impression... agree with the WTFs. Yeesh! Seeing a mock-up of the entire kit... maybe? Might work on the pitch? Mos def will not be buying that jersey. For now, I would support what was previously suggested by U&P... 'they should just repurpose the toddler jersey design for the adult kit'. I would even prefer a FC Bayern Toddler like version.

The problem with the Maple Leaf kit is that I don't see anyone who isn't a hardcore buying it because it's just so damn noisy. I say the same thing whenever someone from reddit decides, hey, why not just have everyone's kit designed by the people who make Forward Madison's garishly flamingo-y jersey? It's a meme, no one would actually buy or wear it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, a couple of inebriated fans could do better than the "professional(s)" who designed the leaked kit.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Honestly, a couple of inebriated fans could do better than the "professional(s)" who designed the leaked kit.
    as long as they didn't try to get cute and put Bitchy on there I'd agree

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I look at this kit the more I think reversing the arms/shoulders colors would have saved this (onyx arms/red stripes).

As it is I am sad that I have to pay money to look at this weekly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s more lively than the current extremely boring grey kit but it looks a bit like too many cooks… like two kits colliding. Although I suppose the grey socks help the unity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another photo or two:

https://news.sportslogos.net/2023/01...ch-red/soccer/

(and there is a little bitchy image in there.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add me to the list of the confused about that kit design. Maybe I should be thanking them because I will be spending none of my money on that monstrosity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kinda like the hoops but the red sleeves just looks clumsy and a shoehorm to justify this as a home kit for the "Reds". Just make the three adidas stripes-red not the whole sleeve, call this third kit, and just like that it's a success imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF- i thought last year was ugly as fuck- They only have the non red ones with insgine on it which isnt selling out.

They over estimated TFC's popularity and global presence with the collaboration with drake OVO X TFC still very much in stock - by contrast raptors X OVO sells out within minutes and has a strong healthy re-sell market.

Whomever is head of marketing or in charge of the kits should be let go immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    I kinda like the hoops but the red sleeves just looks clumsy and a shoehorm to justify this as a home kit for the "Reds". Just make the three adidas stripes-red not the whole sleeve, call this third kit, and just like that it's a success imo.
    If you want to see examples of a red-black stripe kit done properly look at flamengo

The dumbest element of the design here is the red lines on the border between the grey and black stripes. Makes it look disjointed.

The three stripes thing on the shoulder is annoying too. Looks good on some jerseys but on this one it just looks forced. It’s almost as if they had various design proposals and accepted all of them without regard of how it would look. By the time they throw the patches on this for the league and the Canadian flag this might be the ugliest thing we have ever seen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small reminder - this kit was designed 2 years ago & approved in 2021 - that's always the timelines

So... if this design is true, I'ma going to just blame this one on somebody having Covid

or

Ali Curtis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair comparisons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me there are two problems with the kit. The first is design - the red sleeves and shoulders make it look like there were two kit ideas here merged into one. If they had done what Sporting did above and continued the onyx on the sleeves, it at least wouldn't look as visually disjointed.

The second is principle. We are a red team. Our home colours have always been red. We're called the Reds. A home kit that isn't mostly red in books is just wrong on principle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me there are two problems with the kit. The first is design - the red sleeves and shoulders make it look like there were two kit ideas here merged into one. If they had done what Sporting did above and continued the onyx on the sleeves, it at least wouldn't look as visually disjointed.

The second is principle. We are a red team. Our home colours have always been red. We're called the Reds. A home kit that isn't mostly red in books is just wrong on principle.

also noticed TFC barely wore their RED kits last season- like we were being forced to accept this two tone grey kit-

I am trying to remain calm but - we pay a lot of money and if TFC are putting people in position to make choices like this- it really reflects poorly on the management team.

TFC is halfway to a mickey mouse club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on, you greys!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Come on, you greys!
    C'mon you hoops.

The more I look at it I think it's just a refurb of the old FC Dallas hoops kit with a few subtle design changes & an uglier color combo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember seeing a video years ago talking about the new Adidas kits for MLS and who comes up with the designs because there was this kind of people confused and getting upset with the teams over the new kits. In that video they said that Adidas has the majority of control of the design for each team and the actual MLS team gets very limited input if any. It is all based on how the contract is structured between MLS and Adidas. At least it was back then. Who knows if things changed now. If not, TFC is not really to blame at all....it is Adidas.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    WTF- i thought last year was ugly as fuck- They only have the non red ones with insgine on it which isnt selling out.

They over estimated TFC's popularity and global presence with the collaboration with drake OVO X TFC still very much in stock - by contrast raptors X OVO sells out within minutes and has a strong healthy re-sell market.

Whomever is head of marketing or in charge of the kits should be let go immediately.
    the ovo tfc stuff sold out within a day, this is a restock due to the popularity of the first go of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an abomination! I would rather they just wear plain red at home and plain grey or white while away. Even a different coloured trim, possibly. It’s boring but at least it’s better than fucking it up every time!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see this kit as a play on the 2017 home kit (colours inverted of course) with the hoops being more prominent.

Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot tell what the back is going to look like. Is it just a red stripe down the sides and at the bottom of the back? Will it be one solid colour on the back all red or all grey, or does it continue the front design on the back...