Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    and therein lies the problem with building around young talented players. the second they do well enough, you have to sell em.
    Yes, but some of these situations, though not a majority or most, I will concede, could be mitigated if the MLS Club could at least offer such players world marketplace competitive compensation. This could help facilitate and allow the league to evolve in other various symbiotic segments into a better destination of talent and quality play.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-29-2023 at 07:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was certainly sure this transfer was broached by jloome? Maybe in another thread? Anyways, ATLUTD, who knew? Team Slytherin! What a way to snake a deal. Their management's got some game. A tactic TFC might be able to use? A little less Hufflepuff?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Was certainly sure this transfer was broached by jloome? Maybe in another thread? Anyways, ATLUTD, who knew? Team Slytherin! What a way to snake a deal. Their management's got some game. A tactic TFC might be able to use? A little less Hufflepuff?

Big poach from Atlanta - though as I understand it they wanted a loan-to-buy deal. That has to be for a reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If Rooney's being sincere, Bono is competing for the starting job at DC.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...everton-coach/
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Buried in there is the news that Robbo is set to return to MLS as Rooney's assistant.. [insert gif of him doing windmill goal celebration here]
    Also buried in that same pine box is the suggestion that Ravel Morrison is likely moving on. Havin' talks! By mutual agreement or transfer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Big poach from Atlanta - though as I understand it they wanted a loan-to-buy deal. That has to be for a reason.
    that chap is a very good player, physical with an eye for goal. Didn't quite work out for him at Celtic. Their manager Ange prefers more fluidity in his front line and that didn't quote suit him. Funny thing is a lot of Celtic fans are sad to see him go. When he played he was effective and was a good plan B for them, got some important late goals as well. I can see him being a success in mls. Funny thing is Celtic have replaced him with a similar sized South Korean striker, so maybe he and the manager didn't see eye to eye, I know he was unhappy about not being a regular starter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK what happened.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-02-2023 at 10:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still don't know what happened.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-02-2023 at 10:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAG Management/Araujo Agent/Barca Management... who's responsible? Someone... what time is it? It's 13:59:20, send that transfer agreement document fax to FIFA... Someone else at FIFA...uhhh? We received it at 22:59:20... whoops... someone getting fired?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-04-2023 at 07:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that the Winter Transfer Window for Europe's key leagues is essentially closed... let their rumours for Pre-Contracts and the upcoming off-season Summer Transfer Window begin. Latest chatter. Vardy to MLS and Messi, persistent, though likely a stalking horse feint, still... to MLS/Miami.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disaster? Will someone's head roll? Who is to blame? LAG? Barca? Nope... seems the fault is with the MLS! NOT GOOD!

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-04-2023 at 07:14 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the sort of mistake somebody should be put on a performance improvement plan over - unless there was a technical glitch & both your backups also failed, you simply can not make those mistakes administratively at this level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That is the sort of mistake somebody should be put on a performance improvement plan over - unless there was a technical glitch & both your backups also failed, you simply can not make those mistakes administratively at this level.
    By most accounts not a technical issue. So 'someone' at MLS should be responsible. I was also thinking... maybe it was also a message opportunity by FIFA... tsk, tsking MLS. So you want to play with... be among or considered with the 'big' boys? You have to be better; to be with the best. You will have to experience some growing pain decisions to earn that membership; to be at that/this/our level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver finalizing deal for top keeper in J-League.

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles...0m/0sp/036000c

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“MLS office campaign to show Apple suits that their big pitches that Messi and Ronaldo are serious targets, continues….”
    (Neglects part where Saudis will offer 5x what Miami will.)

If I were Messi, I would go for the cash or go home to Barcelona.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In fairness, almost the exact same thing happened to Hakim Ziyech, so it can happen at big clubs too. Although they were probably too busy signing the incoming transfer documents to care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“MLS office campaign to show Apple suits that their big pitches that Messi and Ronaldo are serious targets, continues….”
    (Neglects part where Saudis will offer 5x what Miami will.)

If I were Messi, I would go for the cash or go home to Barcelona.
    I think short of a Beckham-esque package, this is probably what happens. But you never know, he’s won everything there is to win. Maybe the continued desire for top-level football isn’t there like it used to be. If money isn’t his overriding decision maker and he’s thinking lifestyle, maybe a trip to Miami is in the cards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think short of a Beckham-esque package, this is probably what happens. But you never know, he’s won everything there is to win. Maybe the continued desire for top-level football isn’t there like it used to be. If money isn’t his overriding decision maker and he’s thinking lifestyle, maybe a trip to Miami is in the cards.
    He's not won the EPL. That's where he should go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    He's not won the EPL. That's where he should go.
    I think for someone from South America like Messi, this wouldn’t be high on the list or thought of the way we picture it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think for someone from South America like Messi, this wouldn’t be high on the list or thought of the way we picture it.
    It's the biggest league in the world with teams with bottomless pits of money. That's a draw isn't it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to see Messi at Toronto FC. Failing that, Sporting KC. Failing that, Barcelona.

Those are my views.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to see Messi at Toronto FC. Failing that, Sporting KC. Failing that, Barcelona.

Those are my views.
    Sporting KC for sure if not TFC. Patrick Mahomes will seal the deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It's the biggest league in the world with teams with bottomless pits of money. That's a draw isn't it?
    My observation from travelling around South America is La Liga is the most prominent European league offing on TV. Champions league also huge (and probably the one club thing he really needed to tick off his list). The mantra of EPL being the purest and most competitive offering doesn’t particularly live in their psyche.

Would a Spanish speaker in a country with a sometimes testy (putting it mildly) relationship with England think he needs to play there? My best guess is no but happy to be proven wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My observation from travelling around South America is La Liga is the most prominent European league offing on TV. Champions league also huge (and probably the one club thing he really needed to tick off his list). The mantra of EPL being the purest and most competitive offering doesn’t particularly live in their psyche.

Would a Spanish speaker in a country with a sometimes testy (putting it mildly) relationship with England think he needs to play there? My best guess is no but happy to be proven wrong.
    Definitely not. The South Americans love la liga. Technical football...and its Real or Barca for them as the ultimate. Weather, lifestyle, language ( the Brazilians adapt quickly with Portuguese/Spanish similarites). And they see all the CL wins as well.

Full disclosure, am a liga fan (and Real Madrid fan) so am somewhat biased...but Real is loaded with South Americans. Barca has some still.

Messi has a place in Miami also, so am assuming he'd consider it. Close enough to get to Argentina as well to get there when they want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah maybe in his case. EPL is the biggest league in the world, that's really my point. Sporting KC is the place to be anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Definitely not. The South Americans love la liga. Technical football...and its Real or Barca for them as the ultimate. Weather, lifestyle, language ( the Brazilians adapt quickly with Portuguese/Spanish similarites). And they see all the CL wins as well.

Full disclosure, am a liga fan (and Real Madrid fan) so am somewhat biased...but Real is loaded with South Americans. Barca has some still.

Messi has a place in Miami also, so am assuming he'd consider it. Close enough to get to Argentina as well to get there when they want.

are they, think they have maybe 3 in their whole squad, although I do stand corrected if wrong on that. Man utd for example have 6 south americans in their squad. You are right, that historically south americans do prefer la liga, but players go where the money is, and these days that is PL. Of the Argentian side that started the world cup 5 play in PL, only 2 in Spain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pierre Emerick Aubameyang seems to be available. MLS, LAFC one of the possible destinations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Pierre Emerick Aubameyang seems to be available. MLS, LAFC one of the possible destinations.

I think any team is nuts to go near him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    are they, think they have maybe 3 in their whole squad, although I do stand corrected if wrong on that. Man utd for example have 6 south americans in their squad. You are right, that historically south americans do prefer la liga, but players go where the money is, and these days that is PL. Of the Argentian side that started the world cup 5 play in PL, only 2 in Spain

Real's South Americans....key ones in Militao, Vinicious, Rodrygo, Fede Valverde, and have others on loan as well like Reiner....bought a 16 year old Brazil wonderkid Endrick recently but will stay there for 2 years then come to Madrid.

Players will go where money is, like psg as well but Real and Barca too...at least Man city got nailed for breaking all kinds of financial regulations....and no doubt Chelsea wil as well...absolutely ridiculous sums paid for fernendez and mudryk. And psg is obviously not following any fair play rules with Mbappe, Neymar and Messi...Hakimi....Ramos....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re Messi, if he is going to play in a lesser league, and it's not Saudi for the cash... why not Newell's?

I mean I know the security situation there isn't perfect, but he can hire guys. From a sentimental POV, I mean, imagine....