RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mls playoffs semi final

]we are down to the last 4. A montreal exit ensures our in our shadows status.

so lets get down to it.

LAFC vs AUSTIN: LAFC has looked good but needed an extra time goal to ensure this stage. Austin has been coming back from goals but they have a player or two that can produce special moments. VELA has not been on his game and do we see bale here. DO you even play bale from the start if healthy i mean why disrupt a good thing just cause he's bale. Chiellini maybe bring him in as a sub time wasting or when ur up by 2. TO BE honest i can see the mls front page team of LAFC making it through this one. There time is now

Philly VS NYCFC- Philly has been on this project for along time now so a trip to the finals is a due or die. They are very compact with a great keeper in Blake. NYCFC has clicked in the playoffs abd has dispatched their teams by scoring 3 goals in each game. However, this philly team is well organized and will have lots of patience with NYCFC so don't expect a high scoring game if NYCFC was to win here.

Predictions here would be on paper LAFC vs Philly in the final. I'm taking LAFC vs NYCFC it think new york is on a good run and if they can keep the momentum going they can cuase an upset here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kottisinick View Post
    ]we are down to the last 4. A montreal exit ensures our in our shadows status.

so lets get down to it.

LAFC vs AUSTIN: LAFC has looked good but needed an extra time goal to ensure this stage. Austin has been coming back from goals but they have a player or two that can produce special moments. VELA has not been on his game and do we see bale here. DO you even play bale from the start if healthy i mean why disrupt a good thing just cause he's bale. Chiellini maybe bring him in as a sub time wasting or when ur up by 2. TO BE honest i can see the mls front page team of LAFC making it through this one. There time is now

Philly VS NYCFC- Philly has been on this project for along time now so a trip to the finals is a due or die. They are very compact with a great keeper in Blake. NYCFC has clicked in the playoffs abd has dispatched their teams by scoring 3 goals in each game. However, this philly team is well organized and will have lots of patience with NYCFC so don't expect a high scoring game if NYCFC was to win here.

Predictions here would be on paper LAFC vs Philly in the final. I'm taking LAFC vs NYCFC it think new york is on a good run and if they can keep the momentum going they can cuase an upset here.
    could actually see austin getting past lafc. they already beat them twice this season including a 4-1 demolition in austin.

i can see philly beating NYCFC, they are elite at home and i think NYC will have a couple key players out.

MLS cup a coin flip

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should be two excellent games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really excited for these two games. Kind of weird how the west coast game is on first though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

austin have totally shit the bed that half.

lafc looked good, but austin look like a deer in headlights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    austin have totally shit the bed that half.

lafc looked good, but austin look like a deer in headlights.

They came out defensive against a pressure team. Weird decision. They look inert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how that wasn't a penalty. Sure looked like one, Fagundez's whinging aside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silly OG.

Austin was robbed of PK, when there was clear contact.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mls really wants LAFC in the final, allowing them to bring in 7 designated players and letting them get away with shit like that and vela studs up challenge.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Austin coach decided in 3 playoff games to not play his best players twice - almost cost them in the first game - definately cost them in the 3rd. Overthinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder if the 3252 realize they won the game today

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forget how thuggish Philly is....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate phily, but I also hate NYCFC, but I also hate LAFC. But it’s good that Austin didn’t win as a recent expansion side.

Everything sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

moralez who is turning 36 in a few months..but dont ever say that around here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and philly scores two in a few minutes to take the lead

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never EVER change your defensive shape when the other team is taking a free kick. NYC didn't recover their shape until after the second goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I hate phily, but I also hate NYCFC, but I also hate LAFC. But it’s good that Austin didn’t win as a recent expansion side.

Everything sucks.
    I dislike all of them but as long as mtl don't win I can live w it.

Thank fuck they lost.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I like Philly's chances as a team better, LAG showed you how … but my gosh, in terms of talent, there has never been an MLS team like LAFC, and if they get rolling, they can steamroller very good teams.

I mean, never mind Bale, Tello can’t even get off the bench!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A point re: the LAFC match, and I'm going to set aside the (non) PK call for obvious reasons.

I'm all for "let them play" if that's how we want to referee a match. BUT if that's how it's going to be, then it should be applied over 34 games + playoffs. There is no need to ref a playoff game differently. Playoffs games will naturally be more intense and we need not help manufacture that atmosphere.

For one example, there were no shortage of "professional fouls" preventing breakouts from happening that are stone cold yellows any other day of the week and were not called. Don't get me wrong, especially as a neutral I was really enjoying it, but why would we not want that product to be on display all year long? The most frustrating thing about MLS refereeing is the lack of consistency. There's always going to be a blown call here and there, but I don't understand why MLS/PRO at the very least can't work toward one unified methodology. IMO it would greatly improve the end product.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the CanPL final last night, the Ref didn't even hesitate when administering a yellow for a professional foul like that. Because I was at the game, I didn't see the MLS playoff matches. Did anyone watch both and was there a noticeable difference in quality?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    At the CanPL final last night, the Ref didn't even hesitate when administering a yellow for a professional foul like that. Because I was at the game, I didn't see the MLS playoff matches. Did anyone watch both and was there a noticeable difference in quality?
    between MLS and CPL?

yes, huge gap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    between MLS and CPL?

yes, huge gap.
    CPL is very much like watching the English National League (the former conference.) Plenty of talent but nearly all with things to overcome before they'll have a shot of moving up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    A point re: the LAFC match, and I'm going to set aside the (non) PK call for obvious reasons.

I'm all for "let them play" if that's how we want to referee a match. BUT if that's how it's going to be, then it should be applied over 34 games + playoffs. There is no need to ref a playoff game differently. Playoffs games will naturally be more intense and we need not help manufacture that atmosphere.

For one example, there were no shortage of "professional fouls" preventing breakouts from happening that are stone cold yellows any other day of the week and were not called. Don't get me wrong, especially as a neutral I was really enjoying it, but why would we not want that product to be on display all year long? The most frustrating thing about MLS refereeing is the lack of consistency. There's always going to be a blown call here and there, but I don't understand why MLS/PRO at the very least can't work toward one unified methodology. IMO it would greatly improve the end product.

This was also happening in the Philly NYC game & it drove me nuts. Flagrant intentional body checks - the Fox commentators were all "that's playoff soccer" - they sounded like puckheads. It was obvious Philly was doing what they always do - get stuck in, stop things when they can make it all chaos as much as possible. I get it - its a way to success. But the refs don't have to let guys get away with persistent infringement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    This was also happening in the Philly NYC game & it drove me nuts. Flagrant intentional body checks - the Fox commentators were all "that's playoff soccer" - they sounded like puckheads. It was obvious Philly was doing what they always do - get stuck in, stop things when they can make it all chaos as much as possible. I get it - its a way to success. But the refs don't have to let guys get away with persistent infringement.
    Personally, the lack of consistency in the reffing is presently the biggest roadblock to quality of the league. Lots of great games have been ruin by really amateur reffing in the last few years. Before that, the quality of play was low enough that it didn’t seem to matter as much.
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 10-31-2022 at 07:34 PM.