Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They play a good game

Their coach is good

That bell, although I hate hearing it, is the best & most brilliant crowd idea in all of MLS - it makes Portland's lumberjack look like what he is..a freaking team mascot

A whole lot of that team ain't coming back next season

their stadium is crud

Their ultras are dangerous thugs

Their ownership is notoriously short sighted

They already announced this year that their change in logo & name was wrong

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    They play a good game

Their coach is good

That bell, although I hate hearing it, is the best & most brilliant crowd idea in all of MLS - it makes Portland's lumberjack look like what he is..a freaking team mascot

A whole lot of that team ain't coming back next season

their stadium is crud

Their ultras are dangerous thugs

Their ownership is notoriously short sighted

They already announced this year that their change in logo & name was wrong
    Nothing special about our stadium, our ownership hired Bill Manning, our ultras are mostly liquored up punks, they get to watch another home playoff game next week , we get to talk about how to fix this team all winter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I dislike them, how can you not, but man, they just completely and utterly schooled TFC in the CMNT “game”.

They went out and got Miller and Johnston, both of whom we could have had. Both Toronto guys. At least we would have had that to enjoy this year. They left Kaye for us, great. Plus they grew Kone (which feels more like luck but still)

I was excited to see Kone glide into space like that and do the business. Suspect Kaye may never see the field in Doha if Oso can go, Kone will get those minutes.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-16-2022 at 10:03 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Well we have been in 13th place the last two years spending multi millions more so again hats off to the Montreal organization
    Nah, fuck em.

Very happy they're losing all their best players in a couple months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^I dislike them, how can you not, but man, they just completely and utterly schooled TFC in the CMNT “game”.

They went out and got Miller and Johnston, both of whom we could have had. Both Toronto guys. At least we would have had that to enjoy this year. They left Kaye for us, great. Plus they grew Kone (which feels more like luck but still)

I was excited to see Kone glide into space like that and do the business. Suspect Kaye may never see the field in Doha if Oso can go, Kone will get those minutes.
    I don’t know if Kaye was left for us as much as we basically kicked in the door and said “We’ll do anything! Take all our money!” (And they did).

But I otherwise agree with the point. They are schooling us in roster construction. We are taking flyers on children. They play youth players who are ready only. We’ve barely found any veteran talent. They found cheap veterans or guy who are mid career who were overlooked / under utilized on their old teams (like Miller).

And notice Nancy plays a system intended to beat the press rather than just be another copy cat who plays it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing special about our stadium, our ownership hired Bill Manning, our ultras are mostly liquored up punks, they get to watch another home playoff game next week , we get to talk about how to fix this team all winter
    Give it a break. Og is speaking the truth about their stadium and their ultras UM02, as anyone who has actually bothered to travel to Montreal to support the team would know.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-16-2022 at 10:23 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This man isn't a tfc fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr Joey Saputo
    You're the first person I've ever heard say Joey Saputo is a shining beacon of MLS ownership. Lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    You're the first person I've ever heard say Joey Saputo is a shining beacon of MLS ownership. Lol!
    Hahah!

He’s definitely gotten lucky with Nancy running the ship. In terms of spending, I would say they are middle of the pack. They seem to find money for decent DP’s but certainly aren’t slashing on the names we are.

The real issue (in my opinion) appears to be Saputo’s tinkering behind the scenes. He always seems to jump in at the first opportunity.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Hahah!

He’s definitely gotten lucky with Nancy running the ship. In terms of spending, I would say they are middle of the pack. They seem to find money for decent DP’s but certainly aren’t slashing on the names we are.

The real issue (in my opinion) appears to be Saputo’s tinkering behind the scenes. He always seems to jump in at the first opportunity.
    Thet got lucky finding kone and 38 year old kei Kamara resurgence also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Thet got lucky finding kone and 38 year old kei Kamara resurgence also
    They are definitely lucky with Kone. They have a very decent pipeline of youth players coming through and already established though. And the all-around squad depth is pretty admirable (begrudgingly).

They’ve rode any of Toye, Quioto, and Kamara this year when the situation called for it. Secret sauce is the service IMO, not the strikers. But every time I watch Karmara hold up the ball and fight off two defenders I can’t help but be pissed our strikers look like flailing inflatable tube men in comparison. knocked over by the wind and easily dispossessed of the ball.

They’ll definitely need to re-tool next year but keep in mind everyone who is leaving is being sold for transfer fees. So at least they’ll have resources to do it.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-17-2022 at 11:07 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are definitely lucky with Kone. They have a very decent pipeline of youth players coming through and already established though. And the all-around squad depth is pretty admirable (begrudgingly).

They’ve rode any of Toye, Quioto, and Kamara this year when the situation called for it. Secret sauce is the service IMO, not the strikers. But every time I watch Karmara hold up the ball and fight off two defenders I can’t help but be pissed our strikers look like flailing inflatable tube men in comparison. knocked over by the wind and easily dispossessed of the ball.

They’ll definitely need to re-tool next year but keep in mind everyone who is leaving is being sold for transfer fees. So at least they’ll have resources to do it.
    it's true, but chances of them going 5/5 for signings to replace key starters are pretty slim.

they'll be in a transitional phase at least for next year.

chances are kamara isn't back (or not in same way), wanyama, johnston, mihailovic, kone, and maybe miller will almost certainly be gone.

basically the entire core of the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's true, but chances of them going 5/5 for signings to replace key starters are pretty slim.

they'll be in a transitional phase at least for next year.

chances are kamara isn't back (or not in same way), wanyama, johnston, mihailovic, kone, and maybe miller will almost certainly be gone.

basically the entire core of the team.
    Yep. That’s sort of the rub for these meddling teams though. They can’t spend like we do and build a consistent winner, so this is about as close as they’ll get.

My criticism of Mtl would be this is the first time they did this “successfully”.

And I’m with you on Kamara. It’s one of the oddest things I’ve ever seen. Old headcase was the tag line. Thought that was a high risk low reward signing. Yet, it’s probably been one of the best moves in the off-season.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL? What do you find so amusing ? I know that MLSE will lose more money on our soccer club this year then Saputo will spend on his , last I checked they are playing a home playoff game next weekend , we have been living in the basement these last two years. Really think the joke is on us and I’m sure Mr Saputo is doing a lot of LOL when he thinks about our club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL? What do you find so amusing ? I know that MLSE will lose more money on our soccer club this year then Saputo will spend on his , last I checked they are playing a home playoff game next weekend , we have been living in the basement these last two years. Really think the joke is on us and I’m sure Mr Saputo is doing a lot of LOL when he thinks about our club
    Why would I need to even explain this on a TFC supporters site? We can start with 0 MLS Cups, 0 Supporters Shields, 3 logo/branding changes in the last 3 years, Clubfoot Montreal, firing/hiring coaches on whims (remember when Joey couldn't get along with the current Leeds United manager?), etc. But if I have to go through the whole history, you haven't been paying much attention before this year.
    Last edited by Canary10; 10-17-2022 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone watching Miami-NYFC? Neither of these clubs is winning anything. Defensive pressure of two jr high teams.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would I need to even explain this on a TFC supporters site? We can start with 0 MLS Cups, 0 Supporters Shields, 3 logo/branding changes in the last 3 years, Clubfoot Montreal, firing/hiring coaches on whims (remember when Joey couldn't get along with the current Leeds United manager?), etc. But if I have to go through the whole history, you haven't been paying much attention before this year.
    amazing post

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Anyone watching Miami-NYFC? Neither of these clubs is winning anything. Defensive pressure of two jr high teams.
    i think NYCFC have looked quite sharp, especially considering the consditions.

they're also on a 5 match winning run now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think NYCFC have looked quite sharp, especially considering the consditions.

they're also on a 5 match winning run now.
    They were much better in the second half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This man isn't a tfc fan.
    He's a day 1 season ticket holder. As I am. He's a super fan like myself. We demand excellence. So please, ease up with the who is a fan or who isn't talk. We all love this team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's the first person I've heard use the word Mr. in front of Joey Saputo....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know if Kaye was left for us as much as we basically kicked in the door and said “We’ll do anything! Take all our money!” (And they did).

But I otherwise agree with the point. They are schooling us in roster construction. We are taking flyers on children. They play youth players who are ready only. We’ve barely found any veteran talent. They found cheap veterans or guy who are mid career who were overlooked / under utilized on their old teams (like Miller).

And notice Nancy plays a system intended to beat the press rather than just be another copy cat who plays it.
    They are definitely doing a lot more with a lot less, credit where credit is due. Nancy is doing a great job this year.

In particular seeing Miller and Johnston come here and beat us with Johnston scoring also, hurt. Was like seeing Buchanan do it as well with NE when he had that great header. Not sure how we keep missing out on the quality guys right in our own backyard who no doubt* would have loved to play for us.

Montreal is looking good this year and with a home date coming up, might make a deep run.

*IMO disclaimer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus… club foot or the impact or whatever they are called have been a dumpster fire for longer than we have been; just because they have one good season they are far from an ideal model to follow. Seattle on the other hand is the only team I would want tfc to model themselves

Just a reminder to all of you who think they are team to emulate, this is what they haven’t won:

supporters shield
    mls cup
    Treble

and that mickey mouse club has never been the greatest team ever assembled in the MLS like the 2017 tfc team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Jesus… club foot or the impact or whatever they are called have been a dumpster fire for longer than we have been; just because they have one good season they are far from an ideal model to follow. Seattle on the other hand is the only team I would want tfc to model themselves

Just a reminder to all of you who think they are team to emulate, this is what they haven’t won:

supporters shield
    mls cup
    Treble

and that mickey mouse club has never been the greatest team ever assembled in the MLS like the 2017 tfc team
    I think limited acknowledgement of their “success” (and I bracket that intentionally because they really have nothing to show other than a 3rd place league showing this year) is fair.

There are three Canadian teams and opportunities to build using undervalued / overlooked Canadian players sounds appealing when there’s less competition.

It’s annoying to have the league’s highest paid (and arguably best) player on the payroll in his prime years and then get peddled some slow-play approach about taking multiple windows to build. We would already be further ahead than we are right now if we had simply shown better judgement.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section 223 only joined the board in late 2021. We haven't had that many Clubfoot/L'Impact fans on here over the years, probably because we were winning against them from 2015-2020. But they're welcome here as long as they don't get too toxic. (That's more than UM02 would give on their board to anyone supporting Toronto).
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-18-2022 at 05:43 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of Montreal, they'd have a little more credibility if they knew how to measure the lines properly in the penalty box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Speaking of Montreal, they'd have a little more credibility if they knew how to measure the lines properly in the penalty box.