Page 98 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 5193
  1. #2911
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I think the Leibold deal is 2M for 4 years and is being inaccurately reported. It just cannot be 2M a year.

    Leibold is coming off two years where he has hardly played, and makes $750K currently.

    https://salarysport.com/football/bun.../hamburger-sv/
    Yeah, seems much too high for a career Bundesliga 2 back who has been long injured. Given our situation, you’d think someone who might take half a season to get full fitness would be less than ideal.

  2. #2912
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Honestly it feels like management tries and then strikes out.

    Is everyone using tfc to go where they actually want to go ?


    I think all other team who had rumors non MLS closed deals quickly with exception to the mid field argentian not getting his release clause paid.


    This is frustrating- I feel like players are getting put off by TFCs approach or strategy.


    - all my own opinion all speculation .

  3. #2913
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Honestly it feels like management tries and then strikes out.

    Is everyone using tfc to go where they actually want to go ?


    I think all other team who had rumors non MLS closed deals quickly with exception to the mid field argentian not getting his release clause paid.


    This is frustrating- I feel like players are getting put off by TFCs approach or strategy.


    - all my own opinion all speculation .
    We signed Insigne and Berna in the past year. Brought in Hedges, despite interest from across MLS. Kept Oso even though he was interested in going to Europe. Respected Richie's desire to try going to Europe and then welcomed him back when he needed gametime. Apparently we're close to signing Sean Johnson, even with interest from other teams. Vazquez decided he wanted to come back to us. I think we're doing okay.

  4. #2914
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,363
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    We signed Insigne and Berna in the past year. Brought in Hedges, despite interest from across MLS. Kept Oso even though he was interested in going to Europe. Respected Richie's desire to try going to Europe and then welcomed him back when he needed gametime. Apparently we're close to signing Sean Johnson, even with interest from other teams. Vazquez decided he wanted to come back to us. I think we're doing okay.
    we still have much to do but it's been pretty much spot on so far.

    one thing i would say is id like to see us bring in some younger more athletic players in the remaining roles (LB, CDM+ CM backup, CB, ST). would complement the core of vets well

  5. #2915
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,363
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sean johnson at the raptors game

  6. #2916
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    sean johnson at the raptors game
    Bingo.

  7. #2917
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Always a good sign!

  8. #2918
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It’s done! (I think).

  9. #2919
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    16,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Callens may be off the board. Apparently has an offer from Boca Juniors in Argentina.

  10. #2920
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,363
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Has there ever been a player publicly spotted at a raps or leafs game that didn't sign?

    A tfc target I mean.

  11. #2921
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Has there ever been a player publicly spotted at a raps or leafs game that didn't sign?

    A tfc target I mean.
    Don’t think so.

  12. #2922
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,363
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Related, when does the team take off for preseason?

  13. #2923
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    934
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The sports game victory cigar, a classic.

    Let's get that LB/CB.

  14. #2924
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,797
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    The sports game victory cigar, a classic.

    Let's get that LB/CB.
    It is the MLSE equivalent to a first date. Hopefully they seal the deal afterwards.

  15. #2925
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    4,359
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Related, when does the team take off for preseason?
    today...they should be in San Diego tonight

  16. #2926
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    934
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    It is the MLSE equivalent to a first date. Hopefully they seal the deal afterwards.
    I think it's more of a second date if they're caught in TO - all I can think about is the random "BERNARDESCHI IS IN TORONTO" post from last year.

  17. #2927
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To me it would be more of making breakfast the next morning. They just haven't told the parents yet, but the relationship is consumated.

  18. #2928
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    To me it would be more of making breakfast the next morning. They just haven't told the parents yet, but the relationship is consumated.

  19. #2929
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,093
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am very excited about Sean Johnson!

    He made the US World Cup squad, recently won an MLS Cup, and has show his ability as a shot stopper for a decade in MLS. Between him and Hedges, we have significantly improved defensively. Yes, we likely need another CB and LB, but we are clearly on the right track.

    Bill Manning was right, this offseason closely resembles 2016, and we all remember what happened next.

    Can't wait for the season to start!

  20. #2930
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Might that be an image slice of Jason 'The Closer' Hernandez- TFC AGM- to his left?


  21. #2931
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Further to the discussion of the magic of the court-side op...


  22. #2932
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Sometimes its better not to ask & just enjoy the thrill of possibly knowing...
    (look a his past forum posts if you want)


    Jedi Masters always protect their Padawans.



    The transfer insight that The Goodson and LCD Eindhoven offer on occasions will always be given consideration by me and never seem 'A Bridge Too Far'.

  23. #2933
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    trialled?

    also are they?
    “Worked out” … trialled Isn’t a word lol

  24. #2934
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,363
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LCD Eindhoven View Post
    “Worked out” … trialled Isn’t a word lol
    Ahh cool.

    Got a source for that or just speculation?

  25. #2935
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    8,318
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Might that be an image slice of Jason 'The Closer' Hernandez- TFC AGM- to his left?

    No rollerblades required.

  26. #2936
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Further to the discussion of the magic of the court-side op...

    This is great research!

  27. #2937
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,850
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    No rollerblades required.

  28. #2938
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I want to say Aketxe also showed up at a Raptors game, but I can't seem to find a photo anywhere.

  29. #2939
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Ahh cool.
    Got a source for that or just speculation?
    You keep nudging.
    I understand and respect the need.
    Particularly, with all the nonsense currently involving #TFCLive.
    However, on occasion- perhaps judge by join date or post history- it may be appropriate to give members the benefit of any doubt?
    As, IIUC, OtD had suggested to me earlier this afternoon.
    In these circumstances, community participants may just be sharing with us what they believe they know.
    For our benefit and enjoyment; nothing malicious.
    And may not want to share more, to reveal or offer any clue about, their source or proximity to one for a host of understandable reasons.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-08-2023 at 09:07 PM.

  30. #2940
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Jedi Masters always protect their Padawans.



    The transfer insight that The Goodson and LCD Eindhoven offer on occasions will always be given consideration by me and never seem 'A Bridge Too Far'.


    Was there an actual rumor if so someone care to fill Me in ?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •