Page 96 of 174 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Probably pissed off that the Saudis moved him to the wing. (They moved Seba to central midfield when he was there, so apparently just misusing their pieces is sort of a normal thing in the Saudi league.)

He went from a regular goal scorer in Europe to an occasional goal scoring winger in a league no one watches.

He may have lost his second gear though, as sometimes happens around 30.

Still, maybe he'd take TAM money. Hell of a pedigree.

I'd be happy he had a fantastic world cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He isn't a TAM player. I'd be shocked by that.

Interweb seems to think Aboubakar is heading straight to Man Utd.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Really?! He's been playing at secondary league level for years now. He was a top pro at 16 or 17. I'd be pretty shocked if he went there.

Man Utd would not seem inclined to bring in a $5M-rated 30 year old who's last decent league was Turkey three years ago.

Leeds could use a striker, but again he's not the type they're looking for. He's not going to press defensively.

Only guessing on the losing a third gear thing because of how long he's been playing and being released early.

It seems odd that they wouldn't demand a transfer fee for him if he hasn't lost a step.

It would be counterintuitive to spend the necessary money to bring him to TFC though; he never scores with his head and the vast majority of his goals have been in transition because of his close control and strength.

If Bob insists on playing a high line possession game, we need a target man. Even at 36, Giroud would fit us better than Aboubakar.
    Last edited by jloome; 01-07-2023 at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man U is signing Wout on loan from Burnley. Also probably ending my dream of Wout to TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really?! He's been playing at secondary league level for years now. He was a top pro at 16 or 17. I'd be pretty shocked if he went there.

Man Utd would not seem inclined to bring in a $5M-rated 30 year old who's last decent league was Turkey three years ago.

Leeds could use a striker, but again he's not the type they're looking for. He's not going to press defensively.

Only guessing on the losing a third gear thing because of how long he's been playing and being released early.

It seems odd that they wouldn't demand a transfer fee for him if he hasn't lost a step.

It would be counterintuitive to spend the necessary money to bring him to TFC though; he never scores with his head and the vast majority of his goals have been in transition because of his close control and strength.

If Bob insists on playing a high line possession game, we need a target man. Even at 36, Giroud would fit us better than Aboubakar.
    didnt BB mention yesterday that they are looking for a striker that brings something different a Giroud type but i doubt it he is to pricey.maybe the big lad from norway
    Last edited by reggie; 01-07-2023 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    he sure fits the bill and it seems he also plays in CM bonus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    He's apparently very good coming forward; one of the German fan sites raving about pinpoint crosses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am basing this somewhat off WC performance, but strikers are just so in demand and expensive.

We saw 32 year old Altidore get $5M for 3 years, just 10 months ago.

Saudi pedigree is different and not that punishing as a “secondary” league… everybody understands how players wind up there. We saw 37 year old Gomis get 2M euros a year to go back to Turkey after leaving there (although he is a particular case).
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be perfect

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just looking for Bradley connections re Leibold, stumbled over the fact that two other teammates of his in Nurnberg in 2019 are in MLS (Lowen, St Louis and Kubo, Cincinnati). Also he played with Bobby Wood at Hamburg.

No idea if it means anything, but his teams have been well scouted (by others) in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC

👀🤔
    Tim Leibold is now following Insigne & Bern....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

👀🤔
    This just makes too much sense to not happen. He could likely fall below a TAM salary too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leibold has 200 games at LB, 39 at LM, 10 in CM (including 6 in defensive midfield), and 2 at RM.

makes a lot of sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

樂
    now thats investigating reporting....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Leibold has 200 games at LB, 39 at LM, 10 in CM (including 6 in defensive midfield), and 2 at RM.

makes a lot of sense.
    Seems like a solid signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Vasquez,

Remember that after he went to Qatar for the money he lamented that choice, saying he should've stayed in Toronto. So I can see him taking the min salary now as a way of karmically balancing things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the way he played against Coventry (a Championship side) today, we should buy Paul Mullin off Wrexham. He really is a tidy forward. He reminds me of Luke Rogers, who was a League Two striker when he went to RBNY but was well above MLS standard. I think he had an assault charge or somethign that kept him from returning the following season.

Mullin's a good fox in the box. (Too small for our purposes really, but a great finisher).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the way he played against Coventry (a Championship side) today, we should buy Paul Mullin off Wrexham. He really is a tidy forward. He reminds me of Luke Rogers, who was a League Two striker when he went to RBNY but was well above MLS standard. I think he had an assault charge or somethign that kept him from returning the following season.

Mullin's a good fox in the box. (Too small for our purposes really, but a great finisher).
    Yes, we should bring Mullinho out of retirement.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Vasquez at league min? Have to give FO huge credit if that's true. That's a steal even with his age and injuries
    I don’t believe that. I know that is what Kei Kamara got in Montreal… That just feels wrong, he isn’t some take it or leave it reclamation project here, a last second signing, or a USL or CPL aspirant.

I would wager anyone that VV is on $250K or more.
    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

Remember that after he went to Qatar for the money he lamented that choice, saying he should've stayed in Toronto. So I can see him taking the min salary now as a way of karmically balancing things.
    Not sure about league minimum either. But from a good intermediary contact, I know that Vasquez and his family really liked it in Toronto; didn't want to leave. So I could see it being another of those deals were they sign a player for relatively low wages at the end of his playing career, with a gentlemen's agreement for a post-retirement gig somewhere within MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He also mentioned in that Footy Talks interview that he didn't care about money, only coming back. Seems he might have actually ... put his money where his mouth is.

Honestly, that interview might be my all-time favourite - so honest, so wholesome. Seemed open to coaching here too. I love this guy and am really happy he's back.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KAHAZjnrJUE
    Last edited by Bobo; 01-07-2023 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    He also mentioned in that Footy Talks interview that he didn't care about money, only coming back. Seems he might have actually ... put his money where his mouth is.

Honestly, that interview might be my all-time favourite - so honest, so wholesome. Seemed open to coaching here too. I love this guy and am really happy he's back.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KAHAZjnrJUE
    Definitely a gem. My second favourite TFC player after Cheyrou.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheyrou did the same thing his last year here. Took the minimum salary. Then started coaching in the academy
    Could definitely see Vazquez following that path

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Cheyrou did the same thing his last year here. Took the minimum salary. Then started coaching in the academy
    Could definitely see Vazquez following that path
    I hope he does. And then not go back to Spain after a few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also from the Wrex, Olie Palmer might be almost as good; certainly a lot taller?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

👀🤔
    He also follows Spurs and National Geographic ... so a man of good taste and culture!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Not sure about league minimum either. But from a good intermediary contact, I know that Vasquez and his family really liked it in Toronto; didn't want to leave. So I could see it being another of those deals were they sign a player for relatively low wages at the end of his playing career, with a gentlemen's agreement for a post-retirement gig somewhere within MLSE.
    I guess Toronto isn't the crime ridden hell hole nobody wants to play in after all.

Either way so happy he's back. For my money he's the second best player I've seen in our jersey and if he's coming back on a tiny contract wanting to play a Cheyrou like role that's a fantastic piece of business

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

樂
    now thats investigating reporting....
    He also follows Spurs and National Geographic ... so a man of good taste and culture!
    It is a good sign.
    I too think he is among our ongoing current targets.
    Just a caveat...

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-08-2023 at 06:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I guess Toronto isn't the crime ridden hell hole nobody wants to play in after all.
    The weird stuff one reads on the internet! But this sounds to me more like the usual and true thing that’s said so often:

“In a lengthy interview with Preferred Magazine recently, TFC winger Lorenzo Insigne spoke of how he and his family are adjusting to playing in Toronto, adding that he can do everyday things in his new city which he couldn’t during his time as a big star in Serie A Naples. “It also makes me happy to be able to take my family out after matches and enjoy the celebrations with the fans and the city, something I’ve never been able to do in Naples,” he said. “I can pick up my kids from school, hear about their day and watch them play sports.

Even my dog, Ciro, is happy here; I can take him for a walk, which I’ve never been able to do before.”

Toronto is a city like any other major metropolitan city in the world. It has such a high standard of education which is so important to me and my children; will be their future,” he said. “The multiculturalism of this city is incredible; my wife and I are so happy with it. It will give our children such an open-mindedness to the world and to people, and with such a strong Italian community here, we feel we belong there. Canadian fans go to the stadium to watch the games with their family. They like the game and that makes me happy.”

(From a Beezer story).)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope we are still in the mix for Callens.
    Seems he most likely will be leaving NYCFC.
    Latest...