Page 95 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    hopefully we get johnson signed up asap.

would be a real coup and also significantly weaken a direct rival.
    +++1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am worried about this Fede and Lorenzo story. No way to know from the outside if it is just normal course friction (so much locker room stuff is passing) or if it is more.

If it is more, it would be deadly.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Maybe?
    Concern by Lolo over Fede's Supporters' public attention/endearment?
    Though, I do not see Lolo being that kind of cat; he is getting the Blue-Fin Tuna.
    Otherwise, for me, if anything, it may have been over JJ?
    If/how, they/either of the two, should/could, try to deal with/help him?
    Perhaps character wise, Lolo 'you're a pro, figure it out' and Fede, seemingly being more conciliatory?

This sort of problem, if real and festers into something, in this realm, is a Mister and/or President Killer.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-07-2023 at 07:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At Coronado Beach... waiting for his new teammates?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW / continued...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vasquez at league min? Have to give FO huge credit if that's true. That's a steal even with his age and injuries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Yeah, not so sure about the accuracy/validity of all these numbers.
    That's why the 'FWIW'. I Think of these efforts as more of a framework to be able to get grasp on the matter.
    For me, in particular, I had hoped any salary of MB and JO would sort of invert.
    MB has taken a 'Club Discount' for TFC in the past.
    I was hoping he would do it again just to keep/offset the JO affair as neutral as possible in their budgetary books.
    Thereby allow the organization to address other positions with as best funds as possible.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-07-2023 at 07:09 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was already said in the past that this doesn't take into account GAM that we still haven't spent from last year, so we have more than this doc says.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/tombogert

Toronto FC have rejected a transfer offer from abroad for Canadian youth int’l Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty + also a trade offer from within MLS, I’m told.

Marshall-Rutty, 18, has 29 MLS apps + called into senior 🇨🇦 camp.

Bob Bradley on Fri. on JMR’s future: “Let’s see what happens”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/tombogert

Toronto FC have rejected a transfer offer from abroad for Canadian youth int’l Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty + also a trade offer from within MLS, I’m told.

Marshall-Rutty, 18, has 29 MLS apps + called into senior 🇨🇦 camp.

Bob Bradley on Fri. on JMR’s future: “Let’s see what happens”
    I hope we are just holding out for a reasonable number and not one that is too high.

The hype of his brand is way beyond anything showing in on field performance to date.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Vasquez at league min? Have to give FO huge credit if that's true. That's a steal even with his age and injuries
    Yes just a win win , finally something positive to say about the FO, VV at less then one tenth of Michael Bradley’s contract nice job by Bob

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I hope we are just holding out for a reasonable number and not one that is too high.

The hype of his brand is way beyond anything showing in on field performance to date.
    That newspaper article rating Rutty as one of the top 100 young prospects in the world was quite the belly laugh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Surely we’re missing something. Don’t think the interest is based on hype alone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I don’t believe that. I know that is what Kei Kamara got in Montreal… That just feels wrong, he isn’t some take it or leave it reclamation project here, a last second signing, or a USL or CPL aspirant.

I would wager anyone that VV is on $250K or more.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-07-2023 at 10:16 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they're just trying to squeeze out an extra million or so, or a sell-on clause. I'm all for rejecting the trade offer. What would we get in an MLS trade, like 300k GAM and a sell-on clause of like 15%? Compared to say at the extreme minimum a $1million transfer fee (I honestly have no idea what he could fetch), which we can convert to GAM. Trade won't happen if a transfer is available
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-07-2023 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, for the salary cap chart, aren't we paying most of Kemar Lawrence's salary for him to play for Minnesota? He was on $482,500. We initially signed him through 2024

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no way we are still paying him. We have a buyout and no one to use it on. If we owed Minnesota for his salary he would simply be bought out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    That newspaper article rating Rutty as one of the top 100 young prospects in the world was quite the belly laugh
    actually it’s a uk paper that ranks teenage talent which they do every year. He’s been talked about since he was 15 and was/is arguably one of the most talented kids of his age group in North America

so yeah experts in their field know more than a random guy on a msg board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Surely we’re missing something. Don’t think the interest is based on hype alone.
    Skill.

The kid is a fucking wiz with the ball. He can drop it on a dime from fifty yards, he's hard to disposses and he's very quick. Other TFC players rave about his skill in practice.

But we haven't seen much football intelligence yet.

I'm not surprised he's rated. But he's still at the "toss up to make it" age where you can't really tell how much more he'll grow.

His calm demeanor may mean he listen, learns and improves. Or it may mean he lacks the drive, desire and focus.

We just don't have enough information. But the reason he's wanted is for his potential upside, which is massive.

I suspect if we don't land a Left Back ( and even if we do ) Bob may want to hang onto him for a season or two more, as he looked on the cusp of being competitive in his last few outings at fullback. He acquitted himself well.

So he'll probably see if he can be our third back this year, as Richie can play both sides, and then if we don't keep Richie, he might become his replacement. Either way, he won't lose a ton of sell-on value from another year of professional playing time.

I'd be less surprised if they sold Jayden, because he makes poor decisions. That's something he might not get over. JMR hasn't really shown poor choices, he just hasn't seen a lot of playing time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    There is no way we are still paying him. We have a buyout and no one to use it on. If we owed Minnesota for his salary he would simply be bought out.
    True, I forgot about the off season buyout rule to wipe someone off the cap. Thanks. He was probably who we used it on this year. This is probably the first year where it wasn't a major discussion point here since we didn't have a bunch of bad contracts on the books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    actually it’s a uk paper that ranks teenage talent which they do every year. He’s been talked about since he was 15 and was/is arguably one of the most talented kids of his age group in North America

so yeah experts in their field know more than a random guy on a msg board
    The rankings aren't by a small group, either. They have a panel, but they also take votes from coaches around the world.

He's very talented. There's a reason Harvey Elliott was urging Liverpool to sign him when he trained there last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The rankings aren't by a small group, either. They have a panel, but they also take votes from coaches around the world.

He's very talented. There's a reason Harvey Elliott was urging Liverpool to sign him when he trained there last year.

100%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t doubt he is, we just haven’t really seen it on the pitch yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don’t believe that. I know that is what Kei Kamara got in Montreal… That just feels wrong, he isn’t some take it or leave it reclamation project here, a last second signing, or a USL or CPL aspirant.

I would wager anyone that VV is on $250K or more.
    I dunno... he might well be taking the minimum to keep playing where he wants to play. Junior Hoilett is on $325K this year for a Championship team as a starter, because he's 34 and to keep playing at that level he had to basically take what they offered.

Vasquez is 37 and quite immobile; it's quite possible no one else at this competitive level will pay him more, or even offer him a contract. So $81,000 is chickenfeed to him, but he's made his money already anyway. He made millions between Brugge, us and the Middle East.

So it's probably not about the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I don’t doubt he is, we just haven’t really seen it on the pitch yet.
    We've seen flashes. There was a recovery last season (or perhaps at the end of 2021) where he covered two-thirds of the pitch and dispossed a breakaway; there was a run up the left wing last year where he dummied inside then beat two men wide like they were standing still.

It's there, but it's in flashes because he's still tentative a lot of the time, thinking too much, not making the right quick decisions.

I think in his case that's where the growth has to be, showing quick, intelligent decision-making. He has the physical tools already and is still growing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've seen flashes. There was a recovery last season (or perhaps at the end of 2021) where he covered two-thirds of the pitch and dispossed a breakaway; there was a run up the left wing last year where he dummied inside then beat two men wide like they were standing still.

It's there, but it's in flashes because he's still tentative a lot of the time, thinking too much, not making the right quick decisions.

I think in his case that's where the growth has to be, showing quick, intelligent decision-making. He has the physical tools already and is still growing.
    Yeah that’s fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JMR gets so much hype you think he was the next Davies or something.

The guy looks like a deer in headlights on the pitch.

So he probably looks fantastic in training, and just hasn't converted that on game day.

Honestly though I think TFC is not developing him correctly, lots of teams apparently want him but his ability on the pitch has remained stagnant last couple years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A DP striker available immediately without a transfer fee? Hello.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    A DP striker available immediately without a transfer fee? Hello.

Probably pissed off that the Saudis moved him to the wing. (They moved Seba to central midfield when he was there, so apparently just misusing their pieces is sort of a normal thing in the Saudi league.)

He went from a regular goal scorer in Europe to an occasional goal scoring winger in a league no one watches.

He may have lost his second gear though, as sometimes happens around 30.

Still, maybe he'd take TAM money. Hell of a pedigree.